Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

when your spouse loves his family more than you - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / when your spouse loves his family more than you (1141 Views)

Any Guy That Loves His Girlfriend Should Be Paying Her Salary Every Month / When Your Boyfriend Loves His Car More Than You / My Boyfriend Still Loves His Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

when your spouse loves his family more than you by ohemm(f): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
What do you do when your spouse is more concerned about his family than about you? Especially when he tells it to your face that after God it is his extended family before you.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
you guys must have married for the wrong reason.....obviously!
although the love for family cannot be compared with the love for a spouse (thats two different type of love). if you marry for the right reasons, then chances are, your family love would have equal importance in the mind of your spouse (if not more).....but then again, nobody should expect to be higher than ones parent as some people love their parents dearly.

i am still trying to understand how such discussion came about BUT, if your husband is telling you this, you better check yourself!
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Afrocatalyst: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
Then you're nt in marriage.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Annie2gud(f): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
@op then u re not even on his option list.that is cruel.words hurt a great deal.my husband cant talk so.because i ll stop rubbin his isi nkwocha.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by ohemm(f): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
@mrbrownjay...actually a friend's complaint...like u said they married for d wrong reasons cos she got pregnant and the guy insisted they must get married as he doesnt want kids out of wedlock.unforunately she has 4 girls now.the hubby wants a MALE child!!!how can this marriage be worked on?
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by ohemm(f): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Annie2good...lol. You are very funny!but correct.thats what i feel but how do you tell that to a friend who is hurting from such harsh words said to her?
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Annie2gud(f): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ohemm i dont get you.rephrase ur question
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Annie2gud(f): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
What you pit is what you get.gone are the days where women are blamed for the sex of dia kids.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
ohemm: @mrbrownjay...actually a friend's complaint...like u said they married for d wrong reasons cos she got pregnant and the guy insisted they must get married as he doesnt want kids out of wedlock.unforunately she has 4 girls now.the hubby wants a MALE child!!!how can this marriage be worked on?

at least we now know where his beef is....the guy needs an heir and married her for the wrong reasons. how could that union ever produce LOVE when it was built on none?! there was never any love, obviously no respect, so there is very little chance for this union being better than it is right now......... even if she gives him a male child.

this lady has to accept the simple fact that he will LOVE his family unconditionally and she is just a mean to an end.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Annie2gud(f): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mazi tochukwu brown....are you tellin us that,the dortas wont make a good heir?
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^^ sista, i am only telling you the reality on how "many Africans" think......a male child is their sole aim when entering a union, and nothing else will matter. actually some would not even feel they have achieve anything until they have a son. it is the sad truth........ as we can clearly see from the OP's story.
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by ice234: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hmmm.. Odikwa serious oh.
Sister that heart oh.. Kpele..
If you try changing him now.. His family will call you a witch and if you don't, u will be losing him just like that oh...
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by badmeat(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
Spouse first!
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by didicold(f): 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Heyaa, just try to console her, and tell her to work on getting a thicker hide, some men thrive on verbal abuse, d more she reacts, d more he attacks, she had better pull up her trousers and train her daughters to be outstanding citizens, dere is nothing for her in that family. She should just take it as playground sport, d bully only wins when u cry
Re: when your spouse loves his family more than you by seunfly: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ op, i have the same idea, i love my mum more than anything except God. Why? She has done what no one else can do for me and we v been through alot of things together likewise my three brothers, i love them all more than anything cos we v been throgh thick and tourns together. Few years of dating and few years of marriage can't make me to compromise my love for them. I ain't gona give her my love, she has to earn it by doing her own part in my life just like my mum, brothers and dad. Most men are like this, they just would not say it to their wife, cos that is going to be begining of his problems. It's only a foolish man that will just claim to love a woman more than anybody in his past life, such woman too should be carefull cos he is going to love another girlfriend more that her very soon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Attracted To Things Like Power,fame,money / People In Romance Section Say Happy Birthday To Bunchers Stab / Please How Do We Ladies Handle Side Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.