Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

>>one Last Minute....<< - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>one Last Minute....<< (20855 Views)

A Minute Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2013
"how dare you? never ever in your life do that again or you would regret the day you were born!" chidera barked angrily, hissed and stormed into her house leaving nathan who stood transfixed to the ground with mouth agape. He turned slowly to look at his friend who was holding his stomach and roaring with laughter.
Nathan walked back angrily to where his friend was standing still laughing. wale placed a hand on nathan's shoulder and sais,
"take heart my brother" and bursted into another round of laughter. Nathan shook his head angrily. No girl had ever rejected him, let alone slapped him. he was determined to teach that girl a lesson. wale slowly stopped laughing and playfully punched nathan on the shoulder.
" nate, girl slap you, you no fit do anything. ehn?"
"wetin you want make i do? make i beat am? i cant hit a girl na"
"i was just kidding. forget the babe, i don warn you before" wale said as they both walked into his uncle's house. He offered nathan a glass of juice before saying.
"nate, party dey oo, you go follow me go?"
'' ehehn? who dey do party?" nathan asked sipping his drink. He had always known wale to be a party freak.
"na one of my friend for the other street o. its a birthday party" wale explained.
Nathan at that moment didnt feel like attending any party. A party meant girls, and girls meant trouble or another round of hot slap, nathan thought.
"i dont feel like going jare. my cousin go don reach house sef."
" no problem. you still dey around na. shey?"
"sure, i still dey. Would still be around for a couple of weeks, we go dey see. make i come dey go house jare." nathan replied as he drained the remaining content of the glass.
"no wahala. i dey come ma go change." wale said and disappeared into a nearby room. As soon as wale was out of sight, nathan placed a hand on his aching cheek.
"chai! a whole me? two slaps in one day" he murmured shaking his head. He was determined to teach that silly girl a lesson...but first, a cold bath and a long nap, he thought sighing deeply.
wale finally came out and they both stepped out.

Few days later, Alex got dressed for work and while eating a sumptuous meal prepared by nathan, her phone rang, it was nosa. She hissed, switched off her phone and dropped it hard on the table. he had been calling her countless times for days, sending her apologetic messages and emails, but she had ignored all of them. "lying cheat!" she muttered with disdain. she finished up her food and got u to leave just as nathan came out of his room.
" hey whatsup? going anywhere today?"
" nope am not" nathan answered as he lowered himself to a chair and started pressing his phone.
"alright, here. Just incase you need anything" alex dropped some money for him and picked her car keys.
"thanks have a nice day" nathan replied smilling. He dipped the money into his pocket and locked the door, then he laid on the couch and dialed sarah's number.

Betty stepped out of the elevator and walked briskly down the busy hall towards her office. It was a friday and everywhere was bustling with activities. She smiled as she sighted Daniel coming towards her.
" hi dan. morning." she said casually when he got to her front and frowned when he didnt answer.
"whats going on?" she asked bemused.
"have you seen alex this morning? she isnt in her office" daniel asked with intense anger flickering in his eyes.
"umm she should be one her way"Betty answered glancing at her wrist watch.
"i will call her now." she added.
"dont bother, her phone is switched off" he said impatiently, he needed to see Alex as soon as possible.
"ok i would tell her to come to your office when she comes. Is everything ok?"
"please make sure you do that. Thanks" he said ignoring her question he had no time to talk he thought as he walked away.
"whoops! Alex's in trouble" betty murmured to herself before turning towards her office.

30minutes later, Alex got to her office and started work immediately. She had hardly settled when Betty walked in.
"hey girlfriend. You are late" betty said as she sat on the chair opposite Alex's.
"yeah Lagos traffic. whats up now?" Alex said arranging files on her desk.
"many things oo. but first whatsup with you and Nosa na?" Betty asked.
"mttchhw that one? i have pushed him aside o. He has been calling but i have been ignoring his calls." Alex hissed with disgust.
"na wa o am really disappointed in him. Anyway, Daniel wanted to see.." Betty started but before she could continue, Alex's door opened and their boss walked in with a cold look on her face.
"good morning ma'am" they both chorused standing up immediately.
TBC...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by gal10(f): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wowwwww! I started your story this morning and couldn't stop till I read the last page! You are good u know Wow I am so following u! Well done! Your suspense is killing....
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2013
gal10: Wowwwww! I started your story this morning and couldn't stop till I read the last page! You are good u know Wow I am so following u! Well done! Your suspense is killing....
thank you so much..i appreciate it. Kip follwn sis
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by ESIXLOVE: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
mehlena i dey ur back gidagbam
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
"good morning ma'am" they both chorused standing up immediately.
Mrs Ojo didnt reply but simply stared at the both of them, while betty excused herself and left.
"please have a seat ma'am" Alex offered. Her boss had never visited Alex's office personally. If she needed to pass across any message or document, she always sent someone. This made Alex a little frightened but she managed to comport herself.
Mrs ojo sat down and quietly passed a file to Alex.
"can you explain this?"her boss asked angrily.
Alex stared at the papers in her hand. She was shaking visibly and she felt faint. She could not utter any word, her heart was beating very fast.
"miss Anikeh, obviously the company's fund has been going into a private account, signed by you and in you name." her boss explained sending alex a grim look.
"ma'am, i swear i know nothing about this...i" Alex started, her voice was shaking.
"yeah so how do you explain that miss Anikeh?" she said nodding at the papers.
"why have you decided to ruin my company and i miss Anikeh? After all the favours i have done for you!" her boss barked.
Alex gawked at her boss with a mixture of fear and anger. The only favour she knew her boss had ever done for her was to pay her hard earned salary every month.
"ma'am please you don't understand. I know nothing about this. Ma please give a chance to get to the root of this matter" alex pleaded determined to fish out the person who was trying to set her up.
"its too late miss Anikeh, i cant trust you anymore. You have only shown how inefficient and incompetent you are. I am afraid you can no longer work here." her boss said standing up. She dropped a brown envelop on Alex's desk and said.
"you are fired. Pack your things and vacate this office immediately! And please drop the company's car keys to the manager before you leave." then she walked out.
Alex stared at the door, shaking tremendously. Her whole world came crashing before her very eyes. She had just lost a job she had dedicated her time and energy into.
Her eyes were heavy, she felt like crying. She shook her head vigorously drawing back the tears as she slowly parked her files and laptop before she left the office without looking back.
Few colleagues were trying to engage her in a conversation as she walked down the hall but she shunned them and kept on walking. She met Daniel as she was about to step into the elevator.
He walked up to her, the look on his face didnt look too pleasing.
"did you do it? Is this true?" he demanded angrily.
"Daniel i.." she started to say but couldnt continue. She really felt like crying, she looked away shamefully.
He grabbed her hand and led her to his office.
"now talk!" he ordered closing the door behind them and leaning on his desk.
"Daniel, i swear i didnt do it. I know nothing about this please believe me. Someone set me up." she pleaded. She couldnt hold it any longer, she sat down and bursted into tears.
Daniel's expression immediately softened, he pulled her up and rested her head on his chest stroking his fingers on her hair.
"its okay, i believe you" he comforted her. After few minutes Alex calmed down and sat down again, at least he believed her.
"who do you think is doing this? What kind of game is this" he asked his temper rising again.
Alex simply shrugged her shoulders and said,
"i really don't know" she knew some of her colleagues were jealous of her position but she couldnt just point out who exactly who go that far.
"you are lucky the boss isnt pressing charges. That would have complicated matters" daniel said. She sighed and shook her head slightly, she was indeed lucky.
"i feel like a fool" Alex said sighing sadly.
Knowing how frustrated she was at that moment, Daniel drew Alex up to face him, he hated so much to see her so sad.
"you are not a fool. You will be fine ok? I would do everything i can to bring out this person." he assured her before kissing her lightly.
"does Betty know about this?"
"No. I will tell her later" she replied resting her tired head on his shoulder.
Few minutes later, Alex told Daniel she wanted to go home and rest.
Daniel offered to drive her home. There was no way he was going to let her go home alone in that horrible state. He collected the company's car keys from her and led her towards the car park.
Alex closed her eyes and inhaled deeply as Daniel glided down the road towards her house, she glanced at Daniel and smiled.
She had lost Nosa, her job and her car, at least she stil had Daniel to comfort her and Betty was also there for her, she thought to herself. She knew everything was going to be fine.....little did she know that had misery had just started.
TBC...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
ESIXLOVE: mehlena i dey ur back gidagbam
tanks kip fllwn.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by aprilwise(m): 7:29am On Dec 01, 2013
Happy new month to mehlene, a wonderful masterpiece
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Weldone Mehl, please take note : ''I'' not ''i''
. Whether it starts a sentence or not smiley
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Person go dey on n off caplock cos of i. Nawa o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Doc_Miss: Weldone Mehl, please take note : ''I'' not ''i''
. Whether it starts a sentence or not smiley
noted! Thanks doc
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
odizeey: Person go dey on n off caplock cos of i. Nawa o
u ehn!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
april wise: Happy new month to mehlene, a wonderful masterpiece
i wish you d same bro. Tnkz
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Interesting........i pray daniel isn't d unkown villian
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2013
Betty danced blithely around her room, humming to her favorite song. She continued to dance till she entered the shower. It was finally saturday, the day she was going on a date with chris.
'No doubt that this guy has fallen for me! Haha thank God, someone finally picked me." she said to herself giggling happily in the shower.
After a quick shower, she went to her wardrobe and picked out a black jean and a pink and white shirt. She wanted to look very simple. After dressing up and applying light make up, she started to search for her flat fiore shoes in her forever untidy room. After a very frantic search, she finally found them under her bed.
She picked them up and sighed.
"must i always look for you?" she asked the inanimate object. Just then, her phone rang.
"h-e-l-l-o" the voice at the other end dragged.
"hey babe? How far?" betty replied sitting on her bed, one hand holding the phone to her ear, the other struggling to put her shoes on.
"everything far o! Life don tire man pikin o" Alex blurted speaking pidgin to betty for the first. She sounded so tired like she hadnt slept all night.
Betty chuckled silently, she wondered what might be wrong with Alex. She recalled she didnt see Alex at work after her boss visited Alex's office.
"wetin happen? Is it Nosa? I have told you..."
"no no its not Nosa"
"then what is it?" betty asked.
"Betty i lost my job yesterday" alex's frustrated voice blurted.
"what! Oh my! How did it happen? What did you do? Did you quarrel with 'the madam'?" Betty asked all at once. She couldnt believe it. She couldnt deny that Alex was dedicated to her job, so why would the 'madam' fire her?
Alex sighed deeply at the other end.
"no i didnt have a quarrel with her. I dont even know where to start from sef"
"ok calm down. Where are you?"
"at home"
"ok stay where you are, i am coming now" betty said getting up from the bed to search for her keys in her pile of dirty laundry.
"but Betty, what about your date with chris"
"umm he wont be here for another one hour" betty said glancing at the small clock on the wall. Just then her door bell rang..
"damn! He is here" betty muttered.
"you know what? Go and have fun. I would be damned if i prevent you from going." alex suggested while Betty chuckled.
"i would explain everything to you tomorrow. Okay?"
"alright bud. Dont think too much o. Lova ya!"
"alright bye." Alex said and hung up.
Betty glanced one last time at the mirror and giggled with satisfaction.
"coming!" she said as she moved towards the door, she opened wide for chris to come in.
"hi" chris said smiling as he stepped into her sitting room.
"you look beautiful"he added skimming his gaze at Betty.
"oh thank you" betty said with flushed cheeks.
"please have a sit while i grab my bag. Be right back"
"alright" chris said.
"you have a lovely home." he added when she came out again.
"thank you." Betty said chuckling, before they both stepped out.
She glanced around the compound and saw only her parked car there. She turned to chris frowning.
"you didnt bring you car?"
"i dont have one....yet." he supplied grinning.
"do you mind if we take yours?" he added
"no no i dont." she replied faking a smile as she handed him her car keys.
"what the hell!! He doesnt have a car!!! Oh man! This is going to be a lonng day" Betty screamed in her mind as she settled in the passager's seat while Chris glided out of the compound unto the almost free road, blabbing about something Betty didnt seem to be interested in.
Alex dropped her phone on the table and collapsed on the sofa. Truly she hadnt slept at all throughout the night. What was next for her? She had lost the two things she loved most. She hadnt told her parent about the recent happenings because number1, her mother would continue to rant endlessly,"you see? i told you so!"
and her father would suggest that she work in his hotel and then she would end up moving back to the family house.
She groaned in frustration as she pressed her fingers to her temples. "hey alex! " Nathan called out stuffing his mouth with a spoonful of cereal.
"are you alright?" he asked noticing her dull expression.
"yeah i am fine" she answered sitting up. She wouldnt want to bore him with her numerous problems. "going somewhere?" she asked as nathan wore his jacket.
"yeah am going to watch a match with an old friend" he replied as he finished his meal and dropped the bowl in the kitchen.
"alright have fun!" she said as nathan nodded and stepped out of the house.
Two hours later, Alex got a call from the family doctor, that her dad had just been rushed to his hospital.
She got up immediately running up and down the house like a mad person search for her bag. She knew that had to be her mum's handiwork.....again.
Just as she grabbed, her door bell rang.
"oh, i thought i told Betty not to come" she said sighing. She opened the door only to meet Nosa holding a bouquet of flowers..
TBC.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 10:30am On Dec 02, 2013
nice one my anty but abeg no kill dis story wit slow updates
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 02, 2013
m003: nice one my anty but abeg no kill dis story wit slow updates
thanks a lot bro. Am tryn ma best
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2013
m003: nice one my anty but abeg no kill dis story wit slow updates
nawa to u o,na u dey type am,leave dis girl na shuu. In dose days superstory na every thursday,u go disturb adenuga?
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
odizeey: nawa to u o,na u dey type am,leave dis girl na shuu. In dose days superstory na every thursday,u go disturb adenuga?
u dis boy...u go chop cane o!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
odizeey: nawa to u o,na u dey type am,leave dis girl na shuu. In dose days superstory na every thursday,u go disturb adenuga?
no b so broda i jst speak my mind bcuz i no wnt mk she lose fans
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
m003: no b so broda i jst speak my mind bcuz i no wnt mk she lose fans
ok ok,bt na suspense naim dey mk tyns dey sweet. Naim i dey like sef
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
odizeey: ok ok,bt na suspense naim dey mk tyns dey sweet. Naim i dey like sef
ok no wahala
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2013
"what are you doing here?" Alex asked gazing at him, the pain made her voice razor-sharp.
"can i sit?" Nosa asked as he stepped into the sitting room.
"you are already inside, you might as well sit." Alex said folding her arms.
He sat and dropped the flowers on the table.
"Alex, why have you been ignoring my calls and messages?" nosa asked narrowing his eyes while Alex scoffed at the question.
"what do you want, Nosa?" she asked again impatiently.
"A lot of things, but first for you to forgive me."
His words brought tears to eyes but she held it back and looked away, he sounded so sincere. This was a man she had really loved so much, she couldnt help but feel sorry for him.
She forced her gaze back to his, held it steady.
"i cant deal with this right now Nosa, there is somewhere else i have to be." Alex improvised.
"stop lying Alex, i know you just want to escape. Please baby, let me...." he said standing up and reaching for her.
"don't!" she cringed away, crossing her arms over herself in self-defense and his hands stopped an inch away.
"i won't touch you" his voice was strained. "please let me say what i have come to say"
"what else do you want to say nosa? I don't want to hear it! I have told you to leave me alone, i don't want to do this anymore. You never treated me like you wanted me. I was probably just some side-chick right?" Alex barked raising her hands to the air.
"Alex what are you talking about" he asked bemused.
"what's with the pretense? Are you trying to say that you werent seeing some other girl?"
"ok Alex now thats just ridiculous" he scoffed.
"i will never cheat on you"
"yeah right!, you know what nosa, get out of my house" she said walking to the door and holding it wide for him.
"Alex please, dont do this" he pleaded.
"i said its over!! Please leave!"
Just then someone jumped into the house and grabbed Alex's hand.
"hey darling, how are you?" Daniel asked grinning, it took him few seconds to realise that she wasnt alone. He turned slowly, to meet Nosa's grim face. "hi" Daniel said to nosa who simply gawked dangerously at him. The guy looked like he could tear daniel apart any minute.
"opps, i just wanted to check on you Alex,.... I see you've got company. Would see you later" he said and made to leave.
"no Daniel stay!" she commanded stopping him and pushing him to a chair.
"who the hell are you? And what do you want here?" nosa asked Daniel infuriated. Daniel started to talk but Alex signalled to him not to.
"oh, so you have been ignoring me because of this guy right?!" Nosa shouted at Alex clenching his fists.
"nosa i dont have time for this right now please leave!" alex commanded much to Daniel's surprise and confusion.
"so this is it right?" he barked. "you are seeing someone else, yet you accuse me of doing same! Am not leaving. If anyone is to leave, it would be him" Nosa said staring at daniel who was already comfortable in the sofa, watching the unfolding drama.
"sir, i would advise you to leave." daniel said quietly.
"how dare you tell me what and what not to do?" Nosa's anger doubled. He moved close to Daniel and drew him up by the shirt, he was a good 1.1inch taller than Daniel.
"leave him alone!" Alex shouted pounding her fists on Nosa's back.
Irritated, nosa forcibly pushed Alex away, sending her crawling to the floor.
"let go of my shirt!" Daniel barked enraged! He pushed nosa away and squatted down at the ingured Alex.
"are you alright?" he asked, panic written all over his face.
"i am okay" alex assured getting up again.
"why dont you face me like a man!" nosa shouted drawing daniel up again and punching him twice in the face.
Daniels anger trippled, he touched his bleeding nose, rushed towards nosa and pounded hard punches on him.
All the while, Alex kept panicking and tried to settle the fight but ended up receiving few punches from Nosa. Suddenly Nosa grabbed a bottle of wine from the table, broke it on the floor and without thinking stabbed it on daniel's shoulder.
"oh my God! Nosa! Get out! Get out now!" Alex screamed amidst tears.
Nosa wiped the blood from his mouth with the back of his hand and stormed out.
Alex knelt beside Daniel and a pool of blood, sobbing uncontrollably. She shook his almost lifeless body severally.
"help me! Somebody help!"
Just then, Nathan stepped in and immediately raced towards Alex.
"who is this? What happened?" he asked as he knelt down beside a tearfull Alex.
"please just help me carry him" there was no time at all to talk. Nathan lifed Daniel and they both carried him to his car.
"hurry up!" alex said as she entered the back of the car with Daniel's head on her laps. Nathan collected the car keys and sped out of the compound towards the hospital.....the same hospital Alex's dad was in.
TBC...

2 Likes

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2013
Diz iz getting more interesting....*banging d table*......ah want more, prof...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 11:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Lesson to d men out dere. Watch bfr u go dey spin gals,na d result b dis o.
Woman can kill o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^^ ure right bro nd ladies please don't believe all what your friends tell you about your man
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
m003: ^^^ ure right bro nd ladies please don't believe all what your friends tell you about your man
naso o boss
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Melancholy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yeepaaah! Nosa u shouldn't have done this,i know u love alex. I blame the trollop betty for this sha
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by m003: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
i swear betty na bit¢h she no try at all ...... she wan go blees her friend B.F
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by DEllaluv(f): 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Betty no try at all
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
grin lol @ ella, m003, odiri melancholy, una dey para oo.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
m003: ^^^ ure right bro nd ladies please don't believe all what your friends tell you about your man
gbam!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Perfect For Us / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.