Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference (3740 Views)

Buhari Names TY Danjuma, Dangote In Committee On North-East Rehabilitation / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2013
ijaw citizen: Why is it that it is only the Itsekiris in collaboration with their new Yoruba masters that are creating the impression that Niger Delta are at war with themselves?

Within the Urhobos, Isokos, Ogoni, Ibibio-Efik-Calabar cluster and the Ijaw aborigines, is anyone at war?

It is only the ungrateful Itsekiris whom the Ijaw and Urhobo have helped to survive all along that are tagging their benefactors and landlords as tenants- Edo people initiated the idea though. This whole land grabbing nonsense sound funny too because it like a thief accusing his victims as thieves. We Ijaw have the history and origins of all Niger Delta/SS people at our fingertips.

Before now, you've pitched tents with your fellow Bini land-grabbers to tag Ijaws "nomadic fishermen, migrants,& squatters", it crumbled. Now it is with Yoruba, exellent choice! They have enough land mass to accomodate your less that 1 million population.

The Yorubas have used their media power to create an impression that Ijaws are claiming peoples' lands but knowledgable people now know otherwise.

Igbos are not helping matters too, as they are one of the people claiming ND will be on fire because of Ijaw imaginary "land-grabbing agenda". Yet they are fighting a lost battled to ressurrect the dead & buried Eastern Region by bargaining support for President Jonathan for the unification of SS & SE.

Itsekiris have pitched their tent with Yorubas, Igbos please leave them alone. If any problems arise from their decision, its gonna be a ND problem so Igbos back off with your vile & venom. We in the Niger Delta are prepared for this moment because History is gonna vindicate the Ijaws as the aborigenes of the Niger Delta.

You Igbos should forget about annexing ND with your SE under any scheme you can think of, and focus your energy on bringing Ikwerre, Ika and other of your so-called kiths & kins under Igbo rule in your new SE region which would emerge from the conference. Your quest to re-annex ND to form another Eastern Region is a failure already, force of arms failed earlier, your absurd bargaining will fail too.

Niger Deltans, we are UNITED against the two evil horns (Easterners & Westerners) bent on causing discord amongst us and annexing our territory. Itsekiris will soon pack out to join their Yoruba masters.

Long Live the Ijaw nation,
Long Live the Urhobo-Isoko nation,
Long Live the Ogoni nation,
Long Live the "Calabar" nation,

Long Live the New Niger Delta region!!

One word delusional..where is the ijaw land?koko or ode itsekiri (big warri) or our islands or is it warri south you want to claim you must be joking even with your wars and your so called population we still dominate and hold on strong to our lands in warri without help from any foreign power.

if this is the intention of the ijaw nation or postion for holding the conference then they would fail, you think we would not mark out our lands and territories ?I think you must be joking, you guys can never claim any piece of itsekiri land, i repeat never,or you think there would be no agreement ? if you are educated you would understand what it mean to have a national conference or a sovereign one,the result at the end of the conference would produce agreements which would be acceptable to all and signed like a pact.

infact why am i educating you mind you my people would never enter into an agreement that would not favor them talk more of this crap agreement placed on nairaland.

Use google to know about your history in warri and the history of warri as a whole,itsekiri have no master we have fought to defend our land by ourselves ,history would never lie ,so i urge you to google Nana Olomu (1852–1916) so you would know how far we have been defending ourselves,interest and lands, history would tell you more, for your information warri is ours if you don't like to go and hang.

What's the ijaw population in warri? Go ask the uhrobo we sold most of our lands to you guys people blame alfred rewane of blessed memory for selling out the lands but i always tell them no that's wrong we are accomodating in nature and we can't change that ,its how God has made us we know this and you can't take advantage of our warn kindness because we know better now, we have but one king the olu of warri, with a rich history and you guys can't stop us , why would i even join words with someone who's not englightened enough to know his history in warri,for the records we fight our wars ourself .....we are not scared and you guys know it we all die together if that what you cowards want no inch of itsekiri land can be take by force i rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by 1soul(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2013
Ijaw Citizen and Sandijay.......only the gullible can be decieved. Keep talking to yourself. Yoruba guy wey think say e too sharp!

Your reverse psychology has been exposed! You come here claiming Ijaw and yet indirectly try to plant seed of hate in the minds of ONLY the gullible Igbos against Gej with your stupid hate-inciting -omments. Foolishly some shallow minded Ijaw will be buying your decietful comments as pro-Ijaw, not knowing you're their worst closet enemy!

We will vote for GEJ 2015, go hang yourself! We are not attaching ourselves to anybody, instead they are attaching to us, atleast the GEJ was named Ebele and Azikiwe by his parents, what's his Ijaw name? Atleast that should tell you who is attaching to who. Apkabio spoke on Nigeria's injustice against the SouthEast and the Biafran war, we never prompted him to. During his speech on Ibaka seaport he categorically stated that his target market is the Igbos whom they share a lot in common with - are we still landlocked? The word is mutual benefit!

So please don't even bring igbo into this, we have all we need!

1 Like

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2013
jking001:

Yes we bear yoruba names,so it means nothing we know where we belong in the scheme of things and its few yoruba names not all very few yoruba names,we more of oritse than oluwa in our names.example ortisetimeyin...

Are you sure youre itshekiri?
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2013
kingoflag:

Are you sure youre itshekiri?

No am yoruba from aja ogbugbu koko warri north.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by johndwayy(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2013
atlwireles: That all the Itsekiri land and ancestralterritories in Delta and
Edo States which have been taken at gun point must bereturned
to Itsekiri and compensation paid.

What land are you talking about You mean the land you almost stole from Urhobos and Ijaws

urhobo and ijaw get any land,these slaves easily forget history.......ITSEKIRI and YORUBA FOR LIFE..................IWERE
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by johndwayy(m): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2013
jking001: Itsekiri your best choice would be to go with the south south
else you be used by your so called brothers its better to know your enemy than having an enemy within, if you can team up with the ilaje and have a bigger voice in the new south south better.

THE ITSEKIRIS WILL NEVER TEAMUP WITH ANY GADEMM frraud called southsouth,we are better of with our Yoruba,Illaje,Edo brothers,.....together we will form, a better,more educated,prolific southwest..
.....longlive Warri Kingdom,longlive IWERELAND,LONGLIVE THE OLU OF WARRI,LONGLIVE ITSEKIRI.....

3 Likes

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2013
johndwayy:

THE ITSEKIRIS WILL NEVER TEAMUP WITH ANY GADEMM frraud called southsouth,we are better of with our Yoruba,Illaje,Edo brothers,.....together we will form, a better,more educated,prolific southwest..
.....longlive Warri Kingdom,longlive IWERELAND,LONGLIVE THE OLU OF WARRI,LONGLIVE ITSEKIRI.....

Omemi its vision we should position ourselves well in such a way that we are no minority again in this joke called nigeria, I think we can stand out tall we have the bargaing chip here, we need our independent state yes yoruba our brothers and friends should help us fight for our state instead of saying we should go with them if we don't do this thing no we would live to regret it .

Am praying we don't go down as one of the poorest tribes who once had oil,we are no minority in south south block so you have to consider that when you say we should pull out and go with the yorubas and be miniority my brother no sentiments here anything that would favor the itsekiri where we can stand out on our own is what i advocate, if lagos can claim land from the sea to make lagos bigger what's stopping us that have part of the oil used in running this country called nigeria.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by CyberG: 12:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
jking001:

Omemi its vision we should position ourselves well in such a way that we are no minority again in this joke called nigeria, I think we can stand out tall we have the bargaing chip here, we need our independent state yes yoruba our brothers and friends should help us fight for our state instead of saying we should go with them if we don't do this thing no we would live to regret it .

Am praying we don't go down as one of the poorest tribes who once had oil,we are no minority in south south block so you have to consider that when you say we should pull out and go with the yorubas and be miniority my brother no sentiments here anything that would favor the itsekiri where we can stand out on our own is what i advocate, if lagos can claim land from the sea to make lagos bigger what's stopping us that have part of the oil used in running this country called nigeria.

Do you understand at all? You still mention INDEPENDENT STATE from what or where? Did I not point out that the plan of the conference has NOT said anything about creating sovereign countries, so where or how do you get this idea or are you GEJ because the GEJ who is president today says he want to make Nigeria stronger with this conference! Stop holding this kind of debate down with a point of view that is not within the terms of reference! The plan is to restructure along current zones of which every part of Nigeria at least those that falls along border areas of the zones can choose to go with one or the other - tell me you understand that? You have a choice of at most 6 NOT 1,000 regions or states! Tell me you understand that because even a small kid knows you can only buy something that is available in the store you are currently in.

Now, PLEASE stop this talk of minority with the Yorubas because you seem to have been poisoned by this kind of useless talk from some parts of Nigeria. The Yorubas and Itshekiri groups who are already collaborating are not thinking about majority - minority but as equal partners or did you not read that the region will have the chance to create its states, so it's not a case of having one massive region in which there is no local administration close to the people.

One more last thing: if a man can thrive in an unworkable and difficult system, imagine what he can do in a system built for success of all. That is why struggling Nigerians when they get to a place like America seem almost unstoppable. My point? The current Yoruba states are all firing on virtually on all their economic cyclinders right now - something no other part of the country is doing and I am not talking about just constructing roads and bridges! I am not even talking about Lagos alone just in case you are thinking it's Lagos, head over to Ibadan and Ogun state and see what is going on there. In order for us to prosper in the new Western Region, it is NOT the oil in Any part of Nigeria that will be required but good visionary leadership first and a highly trained, mobile workforce! That is something no natural resource will ever match because Nigeria as it is has more oil than any individual region but has Nigeria blazed the trail in spite of that as a country? Please use your critical thinking and analytic skills, don't just write from emotions. The Yorubas have learned and should have learned from their mistakes as a whole since the 1800s when the Oyo Empire finally declined and they have lost a lot of their brothers and sisters and territory which was so vast, it was difficult to protect it as far west of current country of Togo or thereabout. Think big, don't think "I alone before others".

1 Like

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
CyberG:

Do you understand at all? You still mention INDEPENDENT STATE from what or where? Did I not point out that the plan of the conference has NOT said anything about creating sovereign countries, so where or how do you get this idea or are you GEJ because the GEJ who is president today says he want to make Nigeria stronger with this conference! Stop holding this kind of debate down with a point of view that is not within the terms of reference! The plan is to restructure along current zones of which every part of Nigeria at least those that falls along border areas of the zones can choose to go with one or the other - tell me you understand that? You have a choice of at most 6 NOT 1,000 regions or states! Tell me you understand that because even a small kid knows you can only buy something that is available in the store you are currently in.

Now, PLEASE stop this talk of minority with the Yorubas because you seem to have been poisoned by this kind of useless talk from some parts of Nigeria. The Yorubas and Itshekiri groups who are already collaborating are not thinking about majority - minority but as equal partners or did you not read that the region will have the chance to create its states, so it's not a case of having one massive region in which there is no local administration close to the people.

One more last thing: if a man can thrive in an unworkable and difficult system, imagine what he can do in a system built for success of all. That is why struggling Nigerians when they get to a place like America seem almost unstoppable. My point? The current Yoruba states are all firing on virtually on all their economic cyclinders right now - something no other part of the country is doing and I am not talking about just constructing roads and bridges! I am not even talking about Lagos alone just in case you are thinking it's Lagos, head over to Ibadan and Ogun state and see what is going on there. In order for us to prosper in the new Western Region, it is NOT the oil in Any part of Nigeria that will be required but good visionary leadership first and a highly trained, mobile workforce! That is something no natural resource will ever match because Nigeria as it is has more oil than any individual region but has Nigeria blazed the trail in spite of that as a country? Please use your critical thinking and analytic skills, don't just write from emotions. The Yorubas have learned and should have learned from their mistakes as a whole since the 1800s when the Oyo Empire finally declined and they have lost a lot of their brothers and sisters and territory which was so vast, it was difficult to protect it as far west of current country of Togo or thereabout. Think big, don't think "I alone before others".

Okay ,you win i get your point hope to sell it to my brothers, now i can join this cause,after critical analysis i concluded the that the op's cause is a better option for us.

1 Like

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by orufe: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Yoruba is not even claiming anyone.

There is a commonwealth......all who want are welcome to join it.

Ibos are stressed because the sections they claim as Ibolands and their people have refused to be labeled Ibo.

Yoruba does not have that problem, although Ibo wish we did. Itsekiri has been part of MidWest, then SS, yet they identify as a Yoruba group on their cultural websites, in wiki, on fb....they can stand on their own and still be respected but they have expressed interest in the commonwealth and in fact are expecting to join the DAWN initiative.

There is no hope in the Eastern corridor. No market diversity - everything in that direction is locked down under Ibo monopoly. The market is terminal.

The Western market on the other hand is an endless penetration of multi culturalism and open entry.....from Yorubaland all along the coast to Bambaraland
Do you have life at all apart from Igbo bashing. Isn't it shameful how your inbecilic posts is so full of Igbo this and that. Why do you always want Igbo people to get angry and join a thread that is not meant for them.
Mazi Negro, get a life please.

1 Like

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by aljharem(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Typical Igbo people @ Itsekiris here

I am an Awori Lagosian as well, these Igbos have lied even to a point of suggesting we are Ijaws. These people are ID.IOTS truthfully grin grin grin

We shall see
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by aljharem(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
BTW Jking is NOT ITSEKIRI BUT AN IGBO PERSON. I have no doubt in my mind on that.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by Sloan: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=jking001]

Okay ,you win i get your point hope to sell it to my brothers, now i can join this cause,after critical analysis i concluded the that the op's cause is a better option for us.[/quote

Are you sure you are Itshekiri since this is an anonymous forum? Note that it will be very uncharitable if you are not and actually an Ibo man trying to cause division - something that cannot be possible really. Let us be honest about this whole thing and I hope GEJ is not trying to maradona Nigerians with this conference. I am so confident that if Nigeria were to get regional governments, the West will be ahead on DAY ONE and completely unstoppable because even right now, in spite of all the troubles of Nigeria, the West remains the most prosperous, advanced, sophisticated and most economically viable region of the country! I just can't wait for it to happen!
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=Sloan][/quote]

We know ourselves i don't need to prove to you on nairaland that am one because its not necessary and would not change anything.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by jking001(m): 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
alj harem: BTW Jking is NOT ITSEKIRI BUT AN IGBO PERSON. I have no doubt in my mind on that.

We know ourselves i don't need to prove to you on nairaland that am one because its not necessary and would not change anything.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Oct 24, 2013
jking001:

keep deceiving yourself

GOD BLESS THE ITSEKIRI NATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-G5gMGIbWY

and I can translate this to you if you need help

1 Like

Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by Sloan: 12:37am On Oct 24, 2013
jking001:

Okay, that's cool man! grin grin
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Sloan:

Okay, that's cool man! grin grin

[quote author=alj harem]

keep deceiving yourself

GOD BLESS THE ITSEKIRI NATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-G5gMGIbWY

Jking is just another Igbo guy seriously... I will wait for a real Itsekiri to come out and say they are not Yoruba.
Re: Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference by SmartTalk: 5:01am On Oct 24, 2013
sandijey:

Mr, that one too dey! Everybody wants the better option. But if u know south-south well, u will no that there Is serious crisis brewing in that region. I personally would advse the igbos there to just follow the east. The people of the niger delta are not united o. Don't be decieved. If u hear what an uhrobo man would say about an ijaw man, the venom he spits will pierce through your skin. Infact south south can break into 4 or 3 other nations if care is not taken. As well as the east anambra can decide to be on their own because they believe they are the most superior igbos. The country breaking up is very complex. If only we were brave enough to cause a revolution and remain one.

It is too simplistic to assume one part of Anambra would choose to stay alone. That's like saying Massachusetts can decide to stay alone because they are richer than most states.
However, I think cooperation between the Yoruba and their relatives in the Niger Delta is good, and I support it. Read more about it here:
www.nairaland.com/1485623/support-yoruba-nationalism/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What British Prime minister told Buhari the Nigerian president Elect in London. / BOKO HARAM: Sambisa Forest As Big As Enugu —buratai / Why Nigerians Should Blame The Supreme Court For Rivers Election Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.