Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? (18310 Views)

Graduates - What Is Your NUMBER 1 Pain With Regards To Your Job Search? / Over 100 Unemployed Youths Atthe National Assembly In Search Of Employment / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Toluwani2(f): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
babe_online: You can try Timeless vision foundation. They help people with disabilities. Email: Info@timelessvision.org Nigerian number:08068881260 Texas number:9726973272 Name of founder of the organization is Ayo Awe. He has a disability too(one eye).
Tanx Dear
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by laughterclub(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
DISABLE SHUT DOWN OWERRI FOR 5HRS TODAY,D SAID ROCHAS,OHAKIM,UDENWA ARE ALL DISABLE BUT RULED ABLE PPL WITOUT EMPOWERING DISABLE COMUNITY.PLZ HELP URSEF.
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
I saw a blind man coming down the stairs at the federal secretariat, Abuja... He stopped and asked 'what floor is this' since I was d only one around, I replied '4th floor'.. He said ' oº°˚! Great' and started using his stick to guide himself... When I tried to help him, he told me ' Don't worry, I'm going to my office'... grin grin and began humming. I've seen like 2 or 3 of them there.. So you see, they are physically challenged people in the civil service. Keep hope alive!! There is a God...

7 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by remzytimer: 1:02am On Oct 24, 2013
I don't understand, are u to indicate disable at the top of ur CV? if not keep applying, one day u'll have d privileged to showcase ur talent... Don't be discouraged, though unemployment is a national syndrom which everyone must fight, just be determined, be courageous enough and look for ways of earning living while waiting ur dream job to manifest... Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Bakado: 5:47am On Oct 24, 2013
There were opportunities in the 90's for the physically challenged people in the banking industry. It was the government policy that the physically challenged people being given a particular percentage in the recruitment exercise. I remmembered getting a job with UBA thru this policy then. You probably might want to exploit the opportunities. The policy was formulated by Babangida's Adminisration.
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by ehixking(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
The National Association of unemployed graduate is your only refuge
We care about you and we have plans for you
Join us on facebook www.facebook.com/naugnigeria
On twitter @naijagraduates
And register with us on our website www.naug.tk
For phone calls and enquires get the contacts of the PRO from our website
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by SenatorJames(m): 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Its a pity that the government had failed in their responsibility and that is why every body is feeling the heat (both challenge and Dugbe). In economics, there are some people termed "Dependent" (physically challenged, children, aged people and disaster victims etc) which are supposed to be taken care by special fund in the annual budget, but its a pity that we only see it in the budget, no physical use.

My advice for the pysically challenged is to be MAD (Make A Difference). Learn what others dont know, choose a convenient career (a blind should not go into driving), try to convince people/employer that you are a valuable treasure if employed. Wishing you success in your life pursuit

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Toluwani2(f): 5:31am On Oct 25, 2013
remzytimer: I don't understand, are u to indicate disable at the top of ur CV? if not keep applying, one day u'll have d privileged to showcase ur talent... Don't be discouraged, though unemployment is a national syndrom which everyone must fight, just be determined, be courageous enough and look for ways of earning living while waiting ur dream job to manifest... Best of luck
But is good to indicate on cv at time
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Toluwani2(f): 5:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Bakado: There were opportunities in the 90's for the physically challenged people in the banking industry. It was the government policy that the physically challenged people being given a particular percentage in the recruitment exercise. I remmembered getting a job with UBA thru this policy then. You probably might want to exploit the opportunities. The policy was formulated by Babangida's Adminisration.
yes i like to exploit the opportunities pls
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Bakado: There were opportunities in the 90's for the physically challenged people in the banking industry. It was the government policy that the physically challenged people being given a particular percentage in the recruitment exercise. I remmembered getting a job with UBA thru this policy then. You probably might want to exploit the opportunities. The policy was formulated by Babangida's Adminisration.
Really? Wow, that is a nice policy. I wonder why it wasn't sustained.
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Toluwani2(f): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
Obinoscopy: Really? Wow, that is a nice policy. I wonder why it wasn't sustained.
i wonder o

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by shadowwalker101: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
jst hope in God

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Swagavillage(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Toluwani2(f):4:02am OnOct 22,2013
oga seun o
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by mkoabiola: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
@op are u disable?
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by ayusco85(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
The lord is ur strength. I suggest u start up a business, be self employed. A business that is friendly with ur disability. God bless

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Jarus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
I must admit it places the non-physically challenged at an advantage if both of you have same qualifications, however, with some special skills/knowledge/certificate, it can be easily surmounted.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by kobonaire(m): 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
I once came across a programmer that had a hearing impairment .... that person was a BRILLIANT developer.
Find the field where you disability will not be used against you.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Looking at public buildings alone one can tell that our society is not ready to accommodate the physically challenged.

Until buildings are accessible to them I don't think employment will be available.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by rattlesnake(m): 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
ONLY GOWDD OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by asarebabson: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Even the physically able and uncallenge graduates are roaming the streets. This country just need the urgent intervention of the Almighty because all the grammers and criticizines by concerned citizens is becoming ineffective on the criminals we call our leaders. God help.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by akpanikpe(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
colombiana: The simple and painfull truth is self employment, everybody loves an educated, hardworking anddedicated disabled person. Well for pidgin GO LEARN HAND WORK
What if the disabilityness is lack of the hands? Is the op did not specify. So what' nxt?

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by 1metre: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
K
adewasco2k: ^ it depends of the nature of the disability, disability doent actually meant you cant offer anything, if i have an IT company and a disable guy/girl with programming skills seek employment sure i will not hesitate to give him/her a try disregarding the disability but as i said it all depends, i can not take such for positions like Front-desk officer and its like.

So there is hope just go acquire skill like every other enable bodied guy/girl and keep searching.

all the best
why won't u employ them as Front desk officers?maybe their physical nature will spoil biz for u,but u forget to understand that they are human like u,everyone has got one disability or the other.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
[size=13pt]The world now is beyond being just abke bodied, its about skills, mental and technical prowess.

You cant be as disabled as STEPHEN HAWKINGS, yet he is one of the greatest pysicists/matematician ever.

It takes extra work for a disabled person, but the fact remains that GREAT KNOWLEDGE IS GREAT POWER, able or disable. The world respects knowledge nd skills. A programmer dont need legs....

Disability dwells in the mind

FYI, HAWKINS IS WORTH 20 MILLION DOLLARS. Cool hun?[/size]
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by MadCow1: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Toluwani2: Unemployed Graduates with DISABILITY: what is the way forward?

In our society, no organisation wants to employ people with disability, what is the way forward?

This will require legislation.

They don't provide access for handicapped people into their places of business.

1 Like

Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by luqzi00(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
To be sincere it's very hard for them to get a job because the able bodies ones couldn't even secure anyone. But with God all things are possible
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by 1stola: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Toluwani2: Unemployed Graduates with DISABILITY: what is the way forward?

In our society, no organisation wants to employ people with disability, what is the way forward?
ALL JOBLESS YOUTHS ARE DISABLED.
THANKS TO PDP AND GEJ
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
As a Graduate, Corporate Begging may be allowed

just joking
Re: Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward? by gistmelove(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Person wey dey complete sef never get job... Talkless of person wey dey disable..
Infact our goverment no dy consirable..

Wetin sure pass na self employment ooo..

Becos yoruba people use to say that.. Atelewo eni ootan eni je!!
That is to say na self employment sure pass..

Make God help our youth!!!

One Love 9ja so torching post cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria What Is Your View About Them / Offer Letter Just Dropped / Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.