Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey (22001 Views)

Sweden Opened Its Doors To Migrants Today Its The Rape Capital Of The West... / SE Is Crime Capital Of Nigeria - Survey / Thamesmead (aka "Little Lagos"): The Fraud Capital Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by achi4u(m): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2013
hahahaha joke of the century grin

Enugu of all places...closely followed by Ebonyi state?

mtcheeeeew.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2013
nku5: According to this report Yobe is safer than Enugu grin

Yes, on kidnapping basis Yobe is safer than Enugu.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Rawpidgin(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2013
enugu pple too like complain, fly perch 4 their food dem go complain say one creature dey threaten dem with desease, male mosquito make noise 4 their ear dem go report say dem recieve ear assault. so no need to blame whoever made the survey
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by meekhat: 10:41am On Oct 22, 2013
this research reminds me of the daft 'magnet experiment' by a UNILAG student who had probably experienced intellectual 'depreciation' due to ASUU strike. I am not surprised at this finding, kudos to ASUU. Enugu remains the most peaceful and safest state in the south East and ranks high in Nigeria. This finding is outrageously FALSE. May God help Nigeria and our Education system. What a SHAME

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2013
Sweetapple007: When did enugu became crime home! There must surely be a motive behind this. God wil prosper my ibo land.

AMEN smiley
Sweetapple007: When did enugu became crime home! There must surely be a motive behind this. God wil prosper my ibo land.

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by swedbase(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2013
Chamackh: Just because of what Stella Oduah did wjth AIIA Enugu that these bitter soul are not happy with, NDi Igbo mepee nu anya, they don't want the Enugu airport to be viable, they want us to remain in servitude so the their region could keep prospering and developing. That is the main reason why they championing for Oduah's sack. I pity those so called Igbos that they deceive easily. Wether they like it or not Igbo land must prosper in Jesus Name Amen

Amen and God bless you dear, Unfortunately Some people can't reason like you too bad

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by bayulll01(m): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2013
chima12: Yorubas showing their true colours.yorubas always resort to propoganda whenever they see competition.they are using the media to tell lies against the aviation minister and enugu state just because they feel threatenend with the emergence of enugu international airport.as we speak,yorubas are already gearing up to launch propoganda against ibaka seaport in akwa ibom state which they see as a threat to lagos port monopoly in the maritime sector.
CHIMA THE MOST STUPIIID HUMAN ON EARTH,WE THE YORUBAS DONT GIVE A BLEEP ABOUT YOU PEOPLE,IF UNA LIKE MAKE UNA BUILD AIRPORT AND SEAPORT IN ALL YOUR DRY DESERT REGION,OKE OKE LAN BA AGBA UNA NO FIT REACH US TILL BABA J COME TO EARTH,AND ONE MORE THING WE DONT GIVE A BLEEP ABOUT YOU GUYS SO STOP DISTURBING YOURSELF

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ifysimple(f): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2013
Strange!!! very very strange report. Lies.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh: This is the state the Commissioner of Police of Kwara State, an indigene of Enugu, was killed at the entrance of his compound this year.

And so what about other states?? Duuuh
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by emmymdk: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2013
I no gree,the same Enugu I live in or another Enugu in Nigeria... When was the last kidnap report was recorded in Enugu... 042 Jared! They wan paint U black. Enugu is the only place in Nigeria where Police stops ur car and address you like this "Good day sir,please can I see your papers... What do you have in your boot sir? Drivers licence please".... I was so shocked and I ask myself,is this Nigeria? Unlike Owerri and Rivers state where I hear "Abeg park there,wetin dey ur boot" and all manner of disrespectful words... Enugu Police and its citizen seems to have different Orientation of life... No state in Nigeria but don't tell me that Coal city is even in the first 30 in Nigeria...

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ALISMILE(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2013
lookin at the religion of the adherents of these regions wit high crime rate we can tell which religion is exactly the one of peace.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2013
iyke926:

And so what about other states?? Duuuh
It's a commissioner of police we're talking here that was killed in Enugu.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Tbken: 10:50am On Oct 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Yes, on kidnapping basis Yobe is safer than Enugu.
nwanne tinye imi na otele okuko...ighotaa?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Midastouch1: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2013
What exactly is the news here?
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by searay(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2013
chima12: Yorubas showing their true colours.yorubas always resort to propoganda whenever they see competition.they are using the media to tell lies against the aviation minister and enugu state just because they feel threatenend with the emergence of enugu international airport.as we speak,yorubas are already gearing up to launch propoganda against ibaka seaport in akwa ibom state which they see as a threat to lagos port monopoly in the maritime sector.
@ Bolded, I saw this coming, though I'm not from Enugu I refuse to believe this poo. Tell them my Akpabio will brutal performer and such will not work. But wait a minute, 70% of the respondence said they have been a victim. I'm not surprise that many do not live up North there to response to any questionaire or whatever tool that was used. Last I checked lies, deceipt, robbery, ritual killings, TERRORISM, fraud, etc are all crimes.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by DoffMan2: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Some people must be having problem with Yorubas.....all their predicaments and woes in Nigeria is caused by Yorubas.

Pathetic...

All one has to do is read your historic posts to see why some people have problems with Yorubas like you.

You are one of the most biaised and bigoted people on nairaland. I really have to hand it to you, because it takes a lot of "something" to be consistently negative about Igbos; day after day, week after week, year after year. Whenever there's any news relating to Igbos, you ate sure to be there. No letting up, no slipping. It makes we wonder what the end game is? What do you guys (both Igbo and Yoruba) hope to achieve? Score brownie points? An ego thing? Remember there are millions of impressionable youths in Nigeria who now have access to internet and are following these threads. They probably have never had any problems with the other tribe in real life but are now being forced to take sides and believe the other tribe hates them. Its beginig to affect their music (afrobeat) because they believe they all have to take sides (see recent negative comments about psquare, wizkid etc). The once dominant Naija afrobeat is bring polarised along ethnic lines (to the advantage of Ghana) so much that fellow Africans now know that davido is yoruba and flavour is Igbo, when they were previously just Nigerians. Can the same be said of the Ghanaian musicians? Do you know what tribes they belong to? After the music industry, then what next as these millions of youths grow older?

Do you guys actually realise what the results of your crude oil inflated egos are leading to? Is Nigeria ertanally cursed?

15 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by achi4u(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2013
we all know where crime is like a market to them.

think of petty crimes ...think s.West

think of heavy crimes ...think North.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by swedbase(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

Hehehehehe... Madam berem, why the survey come get k-leg this time?
Is like Tinubu and Cash-ola no dey pay u again... #just thinking#

You dey mind that LovePeddler

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2013
The moderator Afam will never see any good thing in his people otherwise this should not have made front page

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by emaoke7: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2013
dridowu: So my Ogun State is the most safest in Nigeria.
Omo Ogun Iseya

Thank God for my state
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2013
This report is absolutely stupid, I have rocked enugu from Orange room,to xtreme,to Miners,to Club 125. In Enugu every weekend I crawl from dusk to dawn. Nobody don even steal my phone. What sort of report is this?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by EbonyBlond: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2013
I doubt this survey has anything to do with painting any group or tribe black. I'm sure it was conducted in good faith. I'll rather question the field workers that actually did the survey. Those that surveyed Enugu must have covered a very large area with respect to their target area compared to those that covered other regions. U can't expect those that covered Yobe to cover a large area cos of security. The whole report is questionable not cos of political reasons but cos of field interviewers' diligence. BTW they didn't even say Onitsha-Anambra or even Lagos na Enugu.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by waternogetenemy: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2013
FAKE SURVEY. OFEM MANU PRESS. ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS RISING AS WE SPEAK. HATERS GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER

[size=18pt]Nigeria’s Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Abubakar has declared Enugu State as having the lowest crime rate in the country.[/size]

Abubakar, who was speaking on Wednesday while taking delivery of one hundred brand new vehicles donated to the police by the Enugu State Government, stated that the fact was buttressed by statistics and empirical evidence.

He noted that this was largely as a result of the tremendous support that the administration of Governor Sullivan Chime had been giving to the police and other security agencies.

He said: [size=18pt]“Today, I can confirm, as the Inspector-General of Police, that Enugu State has the lowest crime rate in Nigeria. I also confirm that Enugu is one the safest places in Nigeria.[/size]

“This is the result of the wonderful partnership between the Enugu State Government, the Police and other security agencies”.

He commended Governor Sullivan Chime for the gesture, saying it was an example that his colleagues should emulate.

“I commend you (Chime) for this gesture. This is a shining example for your colleagues to emulate. This a practical demonstration that you love and care for your people and that you understand what it takes to provide security of lives and property”, he added.

The Inspector General said the latest donation of vehicles by the government was unprecedented in the sense that it included both patrol vans and sedans (saloon cars) adding that it fell in line with the new policy objective of his administration to move away from vans as is the practice in advanced countries.

He also praised Governor Chime for the massive road development programme in the state, noting that the provision of streetlights on the major roads of Enugu metropolis was of great assistance to the police in their war against crime in the state.

Alhaji Abubakar promised that with the vehicles “a new brand of policing would commence in Enugu State because police officers would be adequately trained in the use of the vehicles.”

Stressing that the gesture was a challenge to the police. He charged officers and men of the Enugu State Police command to use the vehicles only for their stated purposes to rid the state of criminals,warning that any abuse or misuse of the vehicles by the officers would be sanctioned.

Earlier, while presenting the vehicles consisting of fifty patrol vans and fifty cars, Governor Chime remarked that it had been the policy of his administration since inception to partner with the police in order to maintain peace and security in the state.

He disclosed that the vehicles were provided in partnership with local government councils and were fully equipped with modern communication gadgets.

The Governor added that the saloon cars would be used for patrols within the metropolis, while the vans were to cover inter-government routes and the borders.
Chime said that his government was determined to ensure that the people would feel the presence of the police wherever they were, adding that in the event of any incidence of crime, the police would appear within five minutes of receiving any alarm or emergency notice.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/22/ig-of-police-declares-enugu-safest-state-in-nigeria/

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Chamackh(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It's a commissioner of police we're talking here that was killed in Enugu.
can you tell us where Bola Ige was killed? He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

13 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Erotex(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2013
I rep 042, haters go die #NdiOfe

i pity a person who call Yorubas a Friend.
Everybody knows Enugu is a small London!!

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by francdec4(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2013
Baseless survey. This should be in the joke section period.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Reelsteel: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2013
What kind of report/ survey produced that kind of unfounded tissue paper as a result.
I never believed in Propaganda but its really coming together.
Last week I read about how Enugu international airport was bad business for the aviation sector today
Enugu has turned crime capital of Nigeria, admist all the kidnapping going on in Edo state, Insecurity in the north, and traffic robberies in Lagos.
That Report is even an insult to 82 division cantonment in the town who secure every single exit and entrance into Enugu city.
Any sane human who has visited Enugu state would know that report is straight from the pit of hell.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Edoboy1(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
But to be candid, the Northern states have been peaceful and crime free before the emergence of Boko Haram... So taking out Boko Haram from North, the Northern parts will be almost crime free.

In recent months, Edo state should be crowned "The crime Capital of Nigeria".
Am very sure you have not been to Edo state before, you run your mouth like a running stomach. And am very sure you are a yoruba, always selfish, ignorant,afraid and blind to the truth. Many of you come here to say rubbish about Edo state and you have never even been there. What's wrong with you? Are you stupid or something? How I wish this forum is face-2-face something, so I can really teach you a lesson that the Edos are not cowards. I wish I can hook your smelling mouth with a fish hook. Idiot.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by njuwo(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2013
Extom: And Borno is not topping the list
Who the bleep collated the survey?
Maybe d reporter wen write d report evrytym wen he visit Enugu dem dey rob am na make am pen down dis report say Enugu na city of crime. Person wey no see road go dey say him miss road.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Edoboy1(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2013
Now take a look at the report. They claim Ogun is the safest state and yet her people has the highest anticipation for fear. Imagine some body running when no one is pursuing? That's exactly who the yorubas are, you come here insulting other tribes like Edo. You claim to have lots of charms and yet can defend it, charms defend the brave and the strong,that's what makes the Edos Thick. I am tired of the forums because of what the yorubas come here to do. Always mouthy and when they are at a distance. Run that mouth when you see an Edo person face-2-face.

18 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by ZUBY77(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2013
And as soon as the international airport in Enugu was approved, the tribal warlords began their usual crap.

First it was Stella Oduah's fault that a dead plane carrying dead politician crashed in Lagos.
The big mouthed Fani Kayode never allowed us to rest.
Now Enugu has suddenly become the crime capital of Africa because planes started landing there.
Fools, no matter how bad my state is, i will still take it over yours.

13 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Fogman(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2013
This survey is not credible, except Omitsha in Anambra tops that list. Onitsha is a dreaded city, where crime happens in front of law enforcement agencies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driver Steals His Boss' N100,000, 'Invest' In Betnaija, Lands In Court / Police Declare Amina Mukta Missing In Minna (Photo) / Man Arrested For Stealing 7 Phones At 'The Experience' Gospel Concert(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.