Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey (21999 Views)

Sweden Opened Its Doors To Migrants Today Its The Rape Capital Of The West... / SE Is Crime Capital Of Nigeria - Survey / Thamesmead (aka "Little Lagos"): The Fraud Capital Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2013
Chamackh: Just because of what Stella Oduah did wjth AIIA Enugu that these bitter soul are not happy with, NDi Igbo mepee nu anya, they don't want the Enugu airport to be viable, they want us to remain in servitude so the their region could keep prospering and developing. That is the main reason why they championing for Oduah's sack. I pity those so called Igbos that they deceive easily. Wether they like it or not Igbo land must prosper in Jesus Name Amen

u blood is so full, U must be a BLOODY FOOL.... hehehe
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by octopusgb: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2013
This report is highly unreliable. Enugu cannot be rated highest in crime rate in Nigeria, unless a bunch of nonenties are the researchers.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Kairoseki77: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2013
When you constantly spout lies, you blind yourself to the truth.

Look at the amount of people basesly claiming Enugu is the safest city in spite of hard facts to the contrary. Sad.

This report was done by the MacArthur foundation, which is a highly respected international organization on par with the Nobel committee. Every year, the MacArthur foundation gives "Genius Grants" to scientists and international thought leaders. So claiming it is because of an airport is rubbish.

The report was also put together by CLEEN, a civil society organization focused on improving the police forces in Nigeria, it was established in 1998. Here is a list of their executives.

Kemi Okenyodo Executive Director
Chinedu Nwagu Program Manager, Abuja
Nengak Daniel Program Manager, Lagos
Blessing Abiri Senior Program Officer - Accountability and Justice / Altus Regional Representative
Valkamiya Ahmadu Senior Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Anyanwu .C. Ifeanyi Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Chigozirim Odinkalu - Okoro Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Raphael Mbaegbu Program Officer - Research and Planning
Nkechi Onyeanisi Account/Admin Officer
Enayaba I. Napoleon Asst. Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Ezekiel Ojo Assist Account/Admin Officer
Akinremi Gabriel Senior System Administrator/Webmaster
Clara .C. Amadi Program/Admin Officer
Blessing Nwokolo Senior Admin Assistant
Lanre Abolarin Program/Admin Assist Officer
Simon Sylvester Program/Admin Assist Officer
Ethel Obasi Senior Driver
Tunde Ogundare Admin Assistant
Tope Adeoye Admin Assistant

See the diversity there? Stop lying to yourselves. Enugu is clearly crime ridden. This has NOTHING to do with an airport. Please spread this information so that the truth can prevail.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2013
kenis: yea, it is true. Isn't it a crime that nwanyi abacha did not check me yesterday despite having an MOU with her to always do so?

My Enugu! My Abacha!! Cheii

Missed abacha so much, Enugu sweet home
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Edoboy1(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2013
Is there a single part in this country were there are no kidnappings, robbery and insecurity? Tell me and I will tell you that yes my state should take the fore front of crime in the country. People running their mouth, saying there are too many kidnappings in Edo, I have a question for you. How are you sure these kidnappers are from the state? Edo state is in a strategic position in the conutry for so many near by states to operate and escape with ease. Something happened in a Edo state some time ago, were a very rich ibo transporter was kidnapped and killed eventually, people from Easth accused the Edo people as been bad and they threatened to put a curse on who ever did it. The Oba of Benin gave them a go ahead, but just few weeks later, police arrested the mans wife who actually a manager in the trasport company as the master mind behind the kidnap. He confessed the man was killed because he saw his face. The Edos don't make noise doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. After that incidence, the Ibos were ashamed. You people should start paying close attention to issues and stop been miopic.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by pollay: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Nigeria which way are we heading to, sooner than later this country will become Afghnistan
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by victorazy(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2013
I tell u, the way crime is in Enugu is too much. My mechanic went to deliver my car to my mother and only Enugu took him 50% of the whole time he spent from Abj to PH cez of police wahala in Enugu, o boy I answere calls taya.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Richiez(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2013
without even reading the write up of the OP, I totally disagree

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by naijaking1: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
And how on earth are you so sure Yoruba(s) collated this report/survey?

Never know my brother?
You see h ow fast it made the front page despite being a faulty and erroneously reported study.
Remember, some people still can't fathom Enugu as an international airport. Starting a campaign to tell the World lies about Enugu no go work, because it's not true.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Chamackh(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2013
Edoboy1: Is there a single part in this country were there are no kidnappings, robbery and insecurity? Tell me and I will tell you that yes my state should take the fore front of crime in the country. People running their mouth, saying there are too many kidnappings in Edo, I have a question for you. How are you sure these kidnappers are from the state? Edo state is in a strategic position in the conutry for so many near by states to operate and escape with ease. Something happened in a Edo state some time ago, were a very rich ibo transporter was kidnapped and killed eventually, people from Easth accused the Edo people as been bad and they threatened to put a curse on who ever did it. The Oba of Benin gave them a go ahead, but just few weeks later, police arrested the mans wife who actually a manager in the trasport company as the master mind behind the kidnap. He confessed the man was killed because he saw his face. The Edos don't make noise doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. After that incidence, the Ibos were ashamed. You people should start paying close attention to issues and stop been miopic.
bro na God is Good, but the wife na Edo. Though am not saying crime is prevalent in Edo. There is no crime free state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Abel202: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2013
Thank you my brother for this exposé.
Enugu is by far one of the safest city in Nigeria.
Anyone trying to bend the truth to suit himself is on a suicide mission.
Imagine PremiumTimes trying to make us believe that the Boko Haram infested North East is now safer than South East, TUFIAKWA wonders shall never end in this country !!!!!!!

passion007: This is quite an 'interesting' study.
I encourage everyone to take a look at the original results of the report, not the summary given by Premium Times (You'll find the PDF at the Source link), if for nothing else, to disprove the notion that if you wanna hide something from a black man, put it in a book.
The original, unadulterated results are revealing, and I must say kudos to the researchers.
Let me post the findings here:

To begin with, Crime is a spectrum, from phone theft, to physical assault, to kidnapping, to murder.

Fear of Crime(National Average: 72%, ENUGU: 83%)
OGUN (94%) ONDO (94%) GOMBE (93%) YOBE (91%) ANAMBRA (90%)

Actual Experience of Crime:
Robbery (National Average:18%, ENUGU: 19%)
Kaduna: 43%, Akwa Ibom 42%, Cross River 39%, Anambra 32%, Niger 31%

R.ape/Attempted R.ape ( National:5%, SE:1%)
SS-10%, NE-6%, SW 4%, NW-4%, Lagos-3%, NC-3%

Kidnapping/Attempted Kidnapping (National:3%, SE:4%)
SW-5%, Lagos-4%, SE-4%, SS-4%, NW-3%, NE-3%, NC-2%

Physical Assault (National: 33%)
Enugu (84%), Ebonyi (77%), Rivers (58%), Anambra (50%), Ogun (38%)

Domestic Violence (National: 30%)
SE:43%, SW:35%, NE:35%, SS:26%, NC:19%, NW: 19%

Attempted Murder (National:5%, SE:2%)
NE:8%, SS:7%, NW:7%, SW:6%, NC:3%, SE:2%

Theft of Mobile Phone (|National Average: 45%, ENUGU: 45%)
Taraba-64%, Kwara _59%, Abia-57%, Lagos-55%, Kaduna-54%

Car Theft (National: 4%, SE:2%)
NW-6%, SS-5%, Lagos_5%, NE-4%, SW-3%, SE-2%, NC-1%

Armed Violence other than Robbery (National: 4%, SE:1%)
NE:11%, SS-9%, NC-3%, NW-3%, Lagos-2%, SW-1%, SE-1%

My Conclusion:
I have taken the stress of posting these findings as they appear in the original study.
If I have learnt anything from this thread, it's that the campaign of calumny against SouthEasterners is far from imagined. I dont know the guys at Premium Times, and don"t want to speculate what their intents are, but they should certainly be taken seriously.
Igbos need to find out the guys at Premium Times ASAP, those guys are out to destroy you by peddling lies, and distorting research findings to align with their lies .
After all, based on the research findings:

SW is the Kidnap Capital of Nigeria

Besides, a few months ago, we had this report:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/22/ig-of-police-declares-enugu-safest-state-in-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Kairoseki77: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2013
[size=16pt]Anyone who has a clear head on the first page should look at my above comment, copy what I said, and post it on the first page where more can see it[/size].

I am sick and tired of the Igbo gangs peddling lies on this website. Post the membership of CLEEN and the MacArthur foundation so that they will see that it is impossible for this study to be based on tribalism.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by gboye1999: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
passion007: This is quite an 'interesting' study.
I encourage everyone to take a look at the original results of the report, not the summary given by Premium Times (You'll find the PDF at the Source link), if for nothing else, to disprove the notion that if you wanna hide something from a black man, put it in a book.
The original, unadulterated results are revealing, and I must say kudos to the researchers.
Let me post the findings here:

To begin with, Crime is a spectrum, from phone theft, to physical assault, to kidnapping, to murder.

Fear of Crime(National Average: 72%, ENUGU: 83%)
OGUN (94%) ONDO (94%) GOMBE (93%) YOBE (91%) ANAMBRA (90%)

Actual Experience of Crime:
Robbery (National Average:18%, ENUGU: 19%)
Kaduna: 43%, Akwa Ibom 42%, Cross River 39%, Anambra 32%, Niger 31%

R.ape/Attempted R.ape ( National:5%, SE:1%)
SS-10%, NE-6%, SW 4%, NW-4%, Lagos-3%, NC-3%

Kidnapping/Attempted Kidnapping (National:3%, SE:4%)
SW-5%, Lagos-4%, SE-4%, SS-4%, NW-3%, NE-3%, NC-2%

Physical Assault (National: 33%)
Enugu (84%), Ebonyi (77%), Rivers (58%), Anambra (50%), Ogun (38%)

Domestic Violence (National: 30%)
SE:43%, SW:35%, NE:35%, SS:26%, NC:19%, NW: 19%

Attempted Murder (National:5%, SE:2%)
NE:8%, SS:7%, NW:7%, SW:6%, NC:3%, SE:2%

Theft of Mobile Phone (|National Average: 45%, ENUGU: 45%)
Taraba-64%, Kwara _59%, Abia-57%, Lagos-55%, Kaduna-54%

Car Theft (National: 4%, SE:2%)
NW-6%, SS-5%, Lagos_5%, NE-4%, SW-3%, SE-2%, NC-1%

Armed Violence other than Robbery (National: 4%, SE:1%)
NE:11%, SS-9%, NC-3%, NW-3%, Lagos-2%, SW-1%, SE-1%

My Conclusion:
I have taken the stress of posting these findings as they appear in the original study.
If I have learnt anything from this thread, it's that the campaign of calumny against SouthEasterners is far from imagined. I dont know the guys at Premium Times, and don"t want to speculate what their intents are, but they should certainly be taken seriously.
Igbos need to find out the guys at Premium Times ASAP, those guys are out to destroy you by peddling lies, and distorting research findings to align with their lies .
After all, based on the research findings:

SW is the Kidnap Capital of Nigeria

Besides, a few months ago, we had this report:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/22/ig-of-police-declares-enugu-safest-state-in-nigeria/

The report seems not totally objective.
Its basically a crime perception which depends on the psyche of the individuals randomly selected to fill the surveys. They do not have records of actual crimes committed so the headline may be misleading and probably exaggerated..

2 things we can deduce:
The fear of crime is great meaning we don't feel safe as citizens. Ogun, Yobe, Gombe, Anambra and Enugu all exceed the national averages.
Secondly: Enugu according to the report is at par if not more than the national averages in 5 of the 9 types of crime considered. That may account for the the perception put foward by the headline.

The chairman in PM seems a northerner, editor in chief a yoruba man, the MD, Mojeed seem to have had is first tutelage in journalism in Akwa Ibom. PM is headquartered in Abuja.
They published a report by a foundation as multifaceted as can be when it comes to tribe in Nigeria.
And NO, this has nothing to do with Enugu International airport.

Can we take the positives and negatives from this report and debate/discuss them?
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by chino11(m): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Is this suppose to be news...?
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2013
Kairoseki77: When you constantly spout lies, you blind yourself to the truth.

Look at the amount of people basesly claiming Enugu is the safest city in spite of hard facts to the contrary. Sad.

This report was done by the MacArhur foundation, which is a highly respected international organization on par with the Nobel committee. Every year, the MacArthur foundation gives "Genius grants" to scientists and international thought leaders. So claiming it is because of an airport is rubbish.

The report was also put together by CLEEN, a civil society organization focused on improving the police forced in Nigeria, it was established in 1998. Here is a list of their executives.

Kemi Okenyodo Executive Director
Chinedu Nwagu Program Manager, Abuja
Nengak Daniel Program Manager, Lagos
Blessing Abiri Senior Program Officer - Accountability and Justice / Altus Regional Representative
Valkamiya Ahmadu Senior Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Anyanwu .C. Ifeanyi Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Chigozirim Odinkalu - Okoro Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Raphael Mbaegbu Program Officer - Research and Planning
Nkechi Onyeanisi Account/Admin Officer
Enayaba I. Napoleon Asst. Program Officer - Public Safety and Security
Ezekiel Ojo Assist Account/Admin Officer
Akinremi Gabriel Senior System Administrator/Webmaster
Clara .C. Amadi Program/Admin Officer
Blessing Nwokolo Senior Admin Assistant
Lanre Abolarin Program/Admin Assist Officer
Simon Sylvester Program/Admin Assist Officer
Ethel Obasi Senior Driver
Tunde Ogundare Admin Assistant
Tope Adeoye Admin Assistant

See the diversity there? Stop lying to yourselves. Enugu is clearly crime ridden. This has NOTHING to do with an airport. Please spread this information so that the truth can prevail.

Idi.ota...when you have a yoruba man as oga at the top as executive director,what do u expect? Its you and your likes that refuse to accept the truth...aturu like you always accept and digest the rubbish the press gives out and am sure you have never set foot in enugu....as far as am concerned lagos should top the list coz of the high rate of yoruba street touts (agbero) parading on the streets of lagos....rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by humblesteve(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2013
Enugu is quiet a cool city as its slogan states every where filled with police patrolling for the peace of it inhabitants.

I still wonder how the research was conducted well that's nigeria for me# am used to fake and false news.

Nwanne kee wey kee nke na eme! O42 we rep#

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by yim(f): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2013
i don't understand pple, what has airport got 2 do with this? you are justifying Stella Oduah's loot. Let us get out of bigotry and face facts. People have diff perspectives, these guys gave a report based on a survey THEY conducted. If u ve issues with this, then ignore it. Some pple have issues, serious ones.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Adamskuty(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2013
yunglykmine: Where would you likely be a victim of crime in Nigeria? See the safest and most dangerous states in Nigeria.

Enugu State, in the south east, is the official crime capital of Nigeria, a crime perception survey released on Monday in Abuja has said.

At least 70 per cent of respondents to the survey in Enugu admitted they were victims of crime in the past year, the 2013 National Crime Victimization and Safety Survey conducted by CLEEN Foundation showed.

The national average was 25 per cent – one in every four Nigerian. The survey showed a progressive decrease in the number of victims of crime in Nigeria.

“There has been a six per cent decrease
in actual experience of crime from the 31 per cent recorded in 2012 to the current 25 percent,” the report said.

The report surveyed for crimes like robbery, kidnapping, physical assault, phone and car theft, rape and attempted rape, domestic violence, attempted murder and other crimes.

The Crime Victimization Survey used data collected across Nigeria between June and July 2013.

Closely following Enugu State is its neighbour, Ebonyi, where at least 65 per cent – at least three in every five residents – were victims of crime.

Ekiti state, in southwest Nigeria, shares the same crime records with Ebonyi State. More than three in every five respondents admitted they were victims of crime last year.

Ogun State, a neighbour to Lagos is the safest state in Nigeria with only about one in every 20 citizens admitting they were victims of crimes last year.

Katsina State in Northwest Nigeria is the next safest. Only about one in every 10 residents was a victim of crime last year.

Lagos State recorded 18 percent.

Borno and Yobe, despite being the hotbed for Boko Haram attacks recorded seemingly low crime rates, according to the report. Only about one in every four resident admitted being victims of crime last year. Boko Haram militants have murdered over 1,500 people in the states since launching a vicious attack against government establishments, security agencies, religious places and the residents.

At a geopolitical level, the South East recorded the highest number of crimes with 44 per cent of respondents complaining they were victims. The North West recorded the lowest score of 18 per cent crime rate.

On a gender scale, more men than women fell victims of crimes in Nigeria last year.

“Further (segregation) by gender indicates that more men (27%) had actual experience than women (23%),” the report said.

Irony of feeling

Although Ogun State recorded the lowest actual experience of crime, almost everyone in the state fear they would become victims of crime.

The findings of the 2013 survey indicated that 94 per cent of Ogun residents fear they are likely victims of crime. In actual sense, only one in 20 was a victim of crime.

On a national scale, more than 7 out of 10 Nigerians had the fear of becoming victims of crime last year.

The people who feel safest are those in
Benue and Taraba States. Only 38 per cent of residents in those state had fears of becoming victims of crime. One in four residents of Benue state were victims of crime last year, and not more than one in every six in Taraba.

“Analysing by gender, 73 percent of
females feared becoming victims of crime compared to 71 percent of males,” the report said.

“Overall, these findings are meant to assist the government, police and the entire criminal justice administration system to better understand emerging trends in crime and safety in Nigeria and consequently, to refine and deploy improved strategies to resolve the country’s current challenges of security and safety,” the authors, CLEEN Foundation, said.

The survey was conducted with support from the Macarthur Foundation.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/147014-enugu-crime-capital-nigeria-survey.html
lemme quote it ,this may be very useful against some enemies from the tiny side grin
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2013
Another reason we must vote Yoruba party in Anambra state.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by yim(f): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2013
domcarez: Idi.ota...when you have a yoruba man as oga at the top as executive director,what do u expect? Its you and your likes that refuse to accept the truth...aturu like you always accept and digest the rubbish the press gives out and am sure you have never set foot in enugu....as far as am concerned lagos should top the list coz of the high rate of yoruba street touts (agbero) parading on the streets of lagos....rubbish!
go back to your village. EWU.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Edoboy1(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2013
Chamackh: bro na God is Good, but the wife na Edo. Though am not saying crime is prevalent in Edo. There is no crime free state in Nigeria.
.....thank you my brother, may God bless you . You are so mature in you approach and criticism. We need more people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by joeluv: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2013
This is nt abut stella. First they said enugu was too ditrty, then it was they wld cloe dwn the airport, then came enugu airport wld kill local aviation biz...all baseless arugment that all started whn the airport commenced international flights. A in fr real i dont get this peeps..enugu is so peacful cant just understand such baseless assertions.
yim: i don't understand pple, what has airport got 2 do with this? you are justifying Stella Oduah's loot. Let us get out of bigotry and face facts. People have diff perspectives, these guys gave a report based on a survey THEY conducted. If u ve issues with this, then ignore it. Some pple have issues, serious ones.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Kairoseki77: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2013
domcarez:

Idi.ota...when you have a yoruba man as oga at the top as executive director,what do u expect? Its you and your likes that refuse to accept the truth...aturu like you always accept and digest the rubbish the press gives out and am sure you have never set foot in enugu....as far as am concerned lagos should top the list coz of the high rate of yoruba street touts (agbero) parading on the streets of lagos....rubbish!

See what I mean?

The MacArthur Foundation is run by WHITE PEOPLE, not Yorubas.
CLEEN is run by CIVIL SOCIETY LEADERS, not Yorubas.

Look at the names of the people at CLEEN and honestly tell me that you believe what you wrote. The only one bringing tribal sentiments into this story are YOU and YOUR brothers who are apparently always on the lookout to claim victimhood.

This was a scientific study. Instead of lying about it, and living in denial, you should focus on reducing crime. It's not my fault that you are embarassed.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Kairoseki77: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2013
gratiaoe: Another reason we must vote Yoruba party in Anambra state.

Patiently waiting for you to tell me what this has to do with Yorubas.
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by scantee(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2013
this people at it again? not my beloved State 042...home of peace and hospitality. what God has written no man can change that. Enugu must prosper. Ala igbo nile ga aga na ilu. proudly son of 042.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Burger01(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Tolexander: Wow!

Federal capital territory- Abuja

Economic capital- Lagos

Crime capital- Enugu

Terrorist capital- Maiduguri

Updated

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Omooba77: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2013
ngooka: Nonsense report, not my own enugu where I leave and relaxed
Edo man must have compiled this...............As of last count; Edo remains a state you need to visit with your heart in your mouth........
Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by IGBOSON1: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Tuntheycr7: D mods arnt doin dia work.
I wonder why this post hasnt been moved to joke section.

^^^Well i've a shock for you.....it's been moved (sharp-sharp) to the front page! wink

Unlike positive news on Enugu that could take days to make such a status!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Doff_Man:

[s]All one has to do is read your historic posts to see why some people have problems with Yorubas like you.

You are one of the most biaised and bigoted people on nairaland. I really have to hand it to you, because it takes a lot of "something" to be consistently negative about Igbos; day after day, week after week, year after year. Whenever there's any news relating to Igbos, you ate sure to be there. No letting up, no slipping. It makes we wonder what the end game is? What do you guys (both Igbo and Yoruba) hope to achieve? Score brownie points? An ego thing? Remember there are millions of impressionable youths in Nigeria who now have access to internet and are following these threads. They probably have never had any problems with the other tribe in real life but are now being forced to take sides and believe the other tribe hates them. Its beginig to affect their music (afrobeat) because they believe they all have to take sides (see recent negative comments about psquare, wizkid etc). The once dominant Naija afrobeat is bring polarised along ethnic lines (to the advantage of Ghana) so much that fellow Africans now know that davido is yoruba and flavour is Igbo, when they were previously just Nigerians. Can the same be said of the Ghanaian musicians? Do you know what tribes they belong to? After the music industry, then what next as these millions of youths grow older?

Do you guys actually realise what the results of your crude oil inflated egos are leading to? Is Nigeria ertanally cursed?
[/s]

Calm down and slow down ......take your early morning sermon and shove it to the darkest part of your body.

So, you've been stalking me and I've never notice your presence on NL...or is this an alternate moniker? undecided

The questions you should be asking is why the level of ethnicity so high to record level in Nigeria today?

You will locate the appropriate reply when you are able to determine why some people now feel another ethnic tribe is behind their woes..the lack of or stunted growth of their region and a general paranoid.

Nigeria have never had it this bad....until some people start dividing the country not along class-line but on primordial sentiments of tribe, ethnic and religion all for their political leverage.

So you Mr Man....stop looking at the wrong man.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by chino11(m): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Fogman:

Instead of you to tackle the op and show him why Enugu is not insecure you are busy bringing in d1ck measuring with Onitsha and saying all sorts of rubbish. Onitsha is an economic city alongside PH, Lagos and Kano, there is every reason for one crime or the other due to heavy presence of capital movement in the cities.

But even at that the security situation in Onitsha has improved tremendously giving rise to more economic boom and invasion of the city by foreign investors. Even as an economic city its security is still fair and far better when compared to other afore-mentioned economic cities.

This is why we igbos cannot fight as a people rather we tend to tear down our own, instead of you to take on the people talking about Enugu security situation, you are busy bringing in another SE city into the foray.

The report only confirmed What we have always known before now, but we chose to protect and cover our own. The people that did the survey are not dunces. Focus on the topic and tell us why Enugu is not what the subject says..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, Crime Capital Of Nigeria – Survey by Ryda(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Those surveyors ain't doing the job the right way...dem don bribe una mke una no include BOKO BOMBING ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Motorcyclist Defiles 6-year-old Daughter / Seven Killed, Others Injured As Suspected Herdsmen Attack Adamawa Community / Prophet Threatens To Kill Widow After Defrauding Her Of N18m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.