Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola (14445 Views)

Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Buhari’s VP List: Oshiomhole,fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi / Kudos To Governors Oshiomhole, Fashola And Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by 50calibre(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2013
Nigeria isn't ready for a female president, there are no women who could take up the mantle of leadership at the moment.

The current female politicians are nothing but puppets & lap dogs, many are undeserving of the positions they currently occupy, & are there not by virtue of their intellect or merit, but by virtue of other things. if one becomes president, they'd end up being bullied and ordered around by their puppet masters.

Besides the inner caucus of Nigeria's politics decides who the president is, so you have a situation where no elected president is truly independent.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Youceemeri: 10:24am On Oct 23, 2013
Please I Need Sport Betting Software i want to open sport betting center
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2013
I kinda agree! Responsible mothers tend to think about the affairs of others. They are not as selfish like the male counterpart.

If we get the 'right' female president, then Nice smiley
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2013
DankemzI: I DONT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA by Esan Teniola
I don't believe in Nigeria. I don't believe in its leaders, I don't believe in anything they have to say. I don't believe that someone somewhere has the solutions to this country. I don't believe in superman. I believe in myself. I believe in my 2 hands, not begging for someone somewhere to make things right, but with these 2 hands I will build the country want to live in. I believe in my friends. I believe in my family. I believe in everyone who not only tries to make the world a better place for themselves, but also for everyone around them. I don't believe in independence. I believe in inter-dependence, for no man is an island. I believe in the potential of everyone I see on the streets. I believe in the children in that public school that had no toilets, who asked me "uncle, why dont our leaders care about the masses? Why do we always hear about corruption everyday?" I don't believe in leaders who send their children abroad to school while the nations universities are on strike. I dont believe in leaders who fly abroad for medical treatment when the nations hospitals are in need of better facilities. I do not believe in a cook who does not taste his own food. I will believe in the Minister of Education when I see his children attending public schools. I will believe in the Minister of Health when he undergoes heart surgery in General Hospital. Ivwill believe in the Minister for Tourism when he goes to Yobe for vacation and not London or Dubai. Till then, I dont believe in Nigeria. I mean the Nigeria of today, I believe in the Nigeria of tomorrow. The Nigeria that we will build. When all these black skinned colonial masters are gone. ~ Esan Teniola
cry

We'll Get there oneday

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by UyiIredia(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2013
No, Nigeria needs a GOOD president irregardless of gender though it is going to be a male.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Whitecoal711: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2013
And who should be the candidates patricia etteh,patience j............. Stella oduah,ibru,not our gen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by simplynola(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2013
Women themselves know they wont even vote for a fellow woman, only mere politics. Women are haters of themselves. Case Closed
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Geniero: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2013
I've lost faith in these APC thugs
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by akereconfi: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2013
they should start from their states first, let them allow the women to rule their state first.................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediots

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by devour129: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2013
we are not ready
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by ememonl(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Well some women have proved themselves in Nigeria, they have produced a good number of smart leaders namely; Prof. Dora Akunyile, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, etc Maybe they need a chance, but they have to choose and strongly support themselves.

In other news.

A group called CAAP are seriously working to empower 2 million Nigerians, its a wise idea to visit their blog and follow closely because it seems their will soon be lots of jobs and capital to go round from them.

See the link here; http://buildingcaap..com/

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by walexlugas08(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2013
@Dankemzi/Esan Teniola,hmn,this your unvaluable words energize minds towards having mind and new hope that this great nation(Nigeria) still have a better future and reach the greater height are actualisable after the existence of these cruelty and, bureaucrat leaders gorverning us since immemorial time,all in all,hopefully,god time is the best!
DankemzI: I DONT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA by Esan Teniola
I don't believe in Nigeria. I don't believe in its leaders, I don't believe in anything they have to say. I don't believe that someone somewhere has the solutions to this country. I don't believe in superman. I believe in myself. I believe in my 2 hands, not begging for someone somewhere to make things right, but with these 2 hands I will build the country want to live in. I believe in my friends. I believe in my family. I believe in everyone who not only tries to make the world a better place for themselves, but also for everyone around them. I don't believe in independence. I believe in inter-dependence, for no man is an island. I believe in the potential of everyone I see on the streets. I believe in the children in that public school that had no toilets, who asked me "uncle, why dont our leaders care about the masses? Why do we always hear about corruption everyday?" I don't believe in leaders who send their children abroad to school while the nations universities are on strike. I dont believe in leaders who fly abroad for medical treatment when the nations hospitals are in need of better facilities. I do not believe in a cook who does not taste his own food. I will believe in the Minister of Education when I see his children attending public schools. I will believe in the Minister of Health when he undergoes heart surgery in General Hospital. Ivwill believe in the Minister for Tourism when he goes to Yobe for vacation and not London or Dubai. Till then, I dont believe in Nigeria. I mean the Nigeria of today, I believe in the Nigeria of tomorrow. The Nigeria that we will build. When all these black skinned colonial masters are gone. ~ Esan Teniola

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by ayili: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2013
are they trying to tell us that APC wants to stage female presidential candidate come 2015?
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2013
Imagine a Female President who is going through acute PMS presiding over a National issue like 'Boko Haram'.. By now Borno State would either be extinct or a Part of Niger Republic..
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by tpia5: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2013
What they're saying is women are going to be given more power in critical areas, in places like the US.

Like i said before, increased funding for women.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by successking: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2013
These are the words of those who think that they know the problem and solution of Nigeria by virtue of the positions they occupy, while they fimd it difficult manage their states. Ignore them.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by megachuks(m): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2013
Oshiomole has nothing to say, he should go and sit down somewhere and have a re -think before coming out to talk rubbish. He should better still step down for a woman to succeed him. He is a bunch of disappointment to the Edos
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by NovusHomo(m): 11:29am On Oct 23, 2013
6cence: What men can do, Women can also do better.

Yes, ask Stella Oduah!
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 23, 2013
Losers. Always having no unbiased suggestions, who knows if Tinubu's wife is interested in Presidency, after all Alpha Beta is losing contract on Lagos IGR, The Lion of Bourdillon might be trying to throw his net on the National Treasury.

Say No to APC
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Losers. Always having no unbiased suggestions, who knows if Tinubu's wife is interested in Presidency, after all Alpha Beta is losing contract on Lagos IGR, The Lion of Bourdillon might be trying to throw his net on the National Treasury.

Say No to APC

NO TO APC!!!

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Forwetinnah: 11:39am On Oct 23, 2013
Osho Baba and Fash works like women sha..Dezieani is a good candidate or would Oshiomole prefer Dillish? smiley
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nduson20: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2013
IT WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE NEXT 1000 YEARS.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by andyanders: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2013
Who among the women so far are descent? Is it Desiani Madueke, Madam Aviation, Iyabo Obasanjo or who? When you give leaders in Nigeria power, they get corrupt because their so called husbands will be beside them to run the nation down.

Only God can save us. Corruption has nothing to do with gender . We must do away with corruption and shop for few true Nigerians and who are those few who are not corrupt I ask again? People like Prof Utomi and their likes can never be allowed to become president in Nigeria. If Obama were to be a Nigeria, nobody can allow him come to that office. Is it PDP members who act like tugs?
Who is going to be the ministers to be appointed? It is not even the President that is the matter. If the president coming should just enact a death penalty for any corrupt government official, convict just one person and carry out the execution, ONLY then we can take that government serious. Act like the Chinese that kill any of their government official.

In Nigeria now, every mind set of any politician in Nigeria is to steal. Quote me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by eluquenson(m): 11:45am On Oct 23, 2013
If its working well in other country like Brazil, not in this country that the women are the greatest looters, women like okonjo, etteh, PEJ etc, we can't get anything good from them.
Our solution to these problems we face in Nigeria is Revolution
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2013
andyanders: Who among the women so far are descent? Is it Desiani Madueke, Madam Aviation, Iyabo Obasanjo or who? When you give leaders in Nigeria power, they get corrupt because their so called husbands will be beside them to run the nation down.

Only God can save us. Corruption has nothing to do with gender . We must do away with corruption and shop for few true Nigerians and who are they I ask again? Who is going to be the ministers to be appointed? It is not even the President that is the matter. If the president coming should just enact a death penalty for any corrupt government official, convict just one person and carry out the execution, ONLY then we can take that government serious. Act like the Chinese that kill any of their government official.

In Nigeria now, every mind set of any politician in Nigeria is to steal. Quote me wrong.

Please dont ever put Iyabo Obasanjos name next to those other honourable and beautiful Women you mentioned..
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by eluquenson(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:
Osho Baba and Fash works like women sha..Dezieani is a good candidate or would Oshiomole prefer Dillish? smiley

I no surprise oh, shey be OShi na Edo man, he like woman die, very soon wona go hear the news say Dillish don secure one contract from Edo govt grin
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by andyanders: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Please dont ever put Iyabo Obasanjos name next to those other honourable and beautiful Women you mentioned..
I have to because she was/is part of corruption. None of them is honourable at all. Alison who has turned the oil sector into their own private business.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by cyril10(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Adamu Oshiomole we are watching you o, this Dillish girl don turn your brain o, you now think like a woman
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by MrAboki: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2013
andyanders:
I have to because she was/is part of corruption. None of them is honourable at all. Alison who has turned the oil sector into their own private business.

Iyabo, Kema Chikwe, Ita Giwa and Cecelia Ibru - Not Honourable...

Madueake, Iwela, Akunyili, Oduah - Honourable (or atleast better than the above)
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Switsylver1: 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
I wonder the woman they are already planning to compensate with the office of the presidency cos over 99% of every political innovations in Nigeria is out of personal gain and interest.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Then, let APC present a female presidential candidate. I assure you, another Sarah Jubril kind of disaster awaits them and we can finally say RIP APC.
Re: Nigeria Needs A Female President - Oshiomhole, Fashola by snowytee(m): 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
Politicians and their sweet mouthing sha.Will any of them hand over to a female Governor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate To Confirm Amaechi, 17 Other Remaining Ministerial Nominees Today / Kanu: FG Is Desperately Trying To Truncate Its Own Court Proceeding - Lawyer / Tension As Gun Men Abduct Lagos Govt Official In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.