Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days (88289 Views)

Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nyabingi(m): 12:42am On Oct 25, 2013
RIP to The funky malam--mustapha amego!
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 12:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Ayomax:
God bless you n ur generation for this video. wow!!!! I used to love these guys bak then. junior n pretty gud music can neva die

Amen, and God bless you and yours too. Much love. Meanwhile, abeg take this one... I'll pay wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhi77_IB0uw

franktolk: Nel Oliver - Baby Girl
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqzBFXa2js0[/flash]
I was so in love with this song, that I was actually 'looking up' to the daughter. She was my role model... only in the video sha. Just watching it again makes me wanna cry cry

@ Ishilove, lol at 'Oshuka'.

But come to think of it, when I used to watch all those music videos of those days, I had a child-hood crush on many of the musicians. Lmao... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nyabingi(m): 12:51am On Oct 25, 2013
there's a song i have searched so much for, i cant remember the artiste but the song goes a lil bit like:

Na so we just de goooo
na so na so we de eee
na so we just de go
everything na play na play na play
laf n laf n laf n laf
play n play n play n laf
where johny, johny de for germany etc
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by houstonia(m): 12:51am On Oct 25, 2013
If your childhood crush included majek fashek then you still have a problem on your hand.

Make I no lie, I actually did have a crush on Benita Inyere Okojie
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 25, 2013
My favorite naija old sch is KSA feat. Onyenka Wait for me. Stil enjoy it from my dad's big record player smiley

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by houstonia(m): 12:53am On Oct 25, 2013
nyabingi: there's a song i have searched so much for, i cant remember the artiste but the song goes a lil bit like:

Na so we just de goooo
na so na so we de eee
na so we just de go
everything na play na play na play
laf n laf n laf n laf
play n play n play n laf
where johny, johny de for germany etc

OoooookkK try Wande Coal, mushin to mo'hits
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by kk4real: 12:55am On Oct 25, 2013
@nanidee. Its called Happy Birthday by evi edna ogoli
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2013
houstonia: If your childhood crush included majek fashek then you still have a problem on your hand.

Make I no lie, I actually did have a crush on Benita Inyere Okojie

Wrong choice of words, but I'll let it pass!

kk4real: @nanidee. Its called Happy Birthday by evi edna ogoli
Yeah, i just watched it some minutes ago... It was such a special song (It still is kiss)
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by franktolk(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Bright Chimezie - African Style

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vY3En7zMdQ[/flash]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nyabingi(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2013
houstonia:

OoooookkK try Wande Coal, mushin to mo'hits

pls dont spoil our fun here ok...u can check out to wizkid threds!
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 1:01am On Oct 25, 2013
franktolk: Bright Chimezie - African Style

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vY3En7zMdQ[/flash]

OMG! are you sure you are not somehow monitoring what I am doing here? shocked shocked shocked

I had that song on repeat the whole of yesterday, to the extent that I was lucky enough to find a Bright Chimezie playlist which I just played all night.

nyabingi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee: Trying to find one of the most played songs in every birthday those years... Song goes like this..."oo, yeah I wish you happy birthday, oooo yeah, very many many happy returns".

Anyone remember it?
evy edna ogoli
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by houstonia(m): 1:11am On Oct 25, 2013
nyabingi:

My apologies, ok lemme pay homage with one memory, Janes Bon (don't think I got the spelling well tho) ,
Chorus;
Fat, fat as a cow.
I see so many honeys
but that's not what I'm looking for,
All I want is some special money
for my family,
I'm not here for a pleasure trip
I'm only here for a business trip
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by 50calibre(m): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2013
Who remembers this

Dr Alban - Carolina

I believe it's from the mid-90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03GcffHYHmM

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Egbagirl(f): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2013
houstonia: Please who remembers this song which was originally sang by a yoruba lady, it goes like "Oro re o, Oro re o, Oro re o ma re kpete

I've been trying to find the song for a long time now!!! I couldn't find the one sang by the woman but here's one by Oyesiku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaYfo7xtK0

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Egbagirl(f): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2013
I encourage you to look through this guy's youtube channel for any old school stuff you don't have or are looking for. He def doesn't have it all but he's got a very good and wide collection

http://www.youtube.com/user/planetolusola

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by houstonia(m): 1:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Egba girl:

I've been trying to find the song for a long time now!!! I couldn't find the one sang by the woman but here's one by Oyesiku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaYfo7xtK0

That's my shiit right there, can I screem, #TURNUP juju style!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by franktolk(m): 1:27am On Oct 25, 2013
Sir Shina Peters - ACE
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fag5ItyoYp0[/flash]
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 25, 2013
When did it all go wrong,it's not just with music but everything else,the educative programs on TV,the hospitality,the courtesy,can we ever get back to that stage? Personally I doubt,there's just soo much hate,watch this space as someone will try to bash me just to be funny or relevant...sigh
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by houstonia(m): 1:37am On Oct 25, 2013
youmour: When did it all go wrong,it's not just with music but everything else,the educative programs on TV,the hospitality,the courtesy,can we ever get back to that stage? Personally I doubt,there's just soo much hate,watch this space as someone will try to bash me just to be funny or relevant...sigh

Yeah I miss tales by moonlight
High school mathematics competition on NTA.

I think politics succeeded in infiltrating every possible vacum. Media and publicity. After Ben Bruce left NTA the place come resemble NEPA office. PDP extension

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Xion: 1:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Daddy used to force me to watch "Speak Out", later he wanted me on the show.

Then I was more interested in picking up the fork from the kitchen and slot in the Sir Shina Peters cassette into our dear departed Betamax.
Forgot to mention that the fork was my own miniature guitar, just to play along with SSP.

Good ole days
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by proudlysports: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2013
I know this thread is for old school music, I just thought Ild share this video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeCVMvpL7kE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by proudlysports: 2:18am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2013
I can't remember the guy or the name of the song but it was one of my childhood fav. I would hug anyone that remembers the song embarassed, I was such a little kid when the song came out. The video was shot in the snow and the guy had scanty dreadlocks.

"You say my riches are far too much......
Wadada Wadada.......sing for everyone.......

You say Wada! Wada! Sing for everyone-na......."

@50 calibre: Yep, I remember the Carolina song.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by moonraker(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Wu Zetian: I can't remember the guy or the name of the song but it was one of my childhood fav. I would hug anyone that remembers the song embarassed, I was such a little kid when the song came out. The video was shot in the snow and the guy had scanty dreadlocks.

Edwin Oghenemere Orugbo aka Inferno

Wishes for all

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 25, 2013
cry cry Thanks

Skyping the link to my sister, she'll 'like' die!

I was like 7, she was 4. cry cry

#Story of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9B6Gjfyyk

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by timmilehin(m): 3:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Wu Zetian: I can't remember the guy or the name of the song but it was one of my childhood fav. I would hug anyone that remembers the song embarassed, I was such a little kid when the song came out. The video was shot in the snow and the guy had scanty dreadlocks.

OMG !!! Are you Pondering what I am pondering? I was about asking who knows that song before you asked. I was in JSS 1 then and the song remind me of st francis catholic school.( Chika Ike secondary school) 1998 to be prescribe. Any link. I love the Snow part and the white ladies dance. It makes me love abroad when I was younger. Lol
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by timmilehin(m): 3:48am On Oct 25, 2013
Sorry. I meant 1998.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:56am On Oct 25, 2013
timmilehin:

OMG !!! Are you Pondering what I am pondering? I was about asking who knows that song before you asked. I was in JSS 1 then and the song remind me of st francis catholic school.( Chika Ike secondary school) 1998 to be prescribe. Any link. I love the Snow part and the white ladies dance. It makes me love abroad when I was younger. Lol

LMAO! The link is in my prev. post....my sister and I thought the main girl with the long hair was the prettiest girl ever.

Do you remember this song?
"Ise, Ise...ki seti-seti won..
Ere Ere....sa niti-niti won

Dodo ati Rice, ko gbodo koja..
Wa jeun jeun jeun, wa gogbodo roboto"

AND

Shogologobangoshe

I can't remember the names of those who sang it but I know it was popular on tv when I was growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by timmilehin(m): 3:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:

LMAO! The link is in my prev. post....my sister and I thought the main girl with the long hair was the prettiest girl ever.

Do you remember this song?
"Ise, Ise...ki seti-seti won..
Ere Ere....sa niti-niti won

Dodo ati Rice, ko gbodo koja..
Wa jeun jeun jeun, wa gogbodo roboto"

AND

Shogologobangoshe

I can't remember the names of those who sang it but I know it was popular on tv when I was growing up.

hear your papa. Hear your mama. Life go better for you. Damm !!! I love that song Die. I can't remember oooooo. This thread makes me spent 4 midnight hours . Best Thread ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by sarutobie(m): 3:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Ishilove:
"Having babies

No be joke o"

It was the best Nigerian collabo back then
grin smiley
"Happy parents that na happy children,happy family dey make happy country"..Onyeka Owenu's songs from iyogogo,dancing in the sun,ekwe are evergreen classics.Also..
1.Victor Uwaifo's-Joromi(my mama like this jonsing song back then)
2.Veno-Nigeria go survive(funny what she sang about then is still happening,nothing changed)
3.Mike Okri-time na money(true talk my brother)
4.Sunny Okosun-Nigeria is Now or never!
Others include Alex O(our own usher of yester years),Lagbaja(just sooooo good at what he does),Bright chimezie(I could never understand that man's dance steps),Sunny Neji(Tolotolo and face me)..most of these songs are on www.waptrick.com
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by timmilehin(m): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Respect to the OP of this Thread. Best thread ever. Second best is the Thread concerning old NTA cartoons. I was amazed. I missed real entertainment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

R. City Ft Adam Levine – Locked Away Mp3 Download / Which Song Are You Addicted To Right Now? / Lil Ameer Hassan Is Dead, To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.