Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days (88274 Views)

Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by femliany(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2013
olorun mi ire ni ma sin titi aye ooo amin oooo' comfort Omoge'.....those dayz were gone
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by otodeluxe(m): 7:46am On Oct 25, 2013
Big.game:
i have always been a fan of oldschool music, both foreign and local. I remember those days when I'd wake up in the morning to goto school and iyogogo by onyeka onwenu would be playing on tv and the world just felt right. This thread is priceless.

The world really felt right. Now its just noise they are making
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2013
Pls who sang this "eko wenjele" song. Dont know if dats d tittle.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2013
Who remembers i wan tell u a story o dem go here i wan tell u a story o...dem beat me dem slap me bla bla bla.also,baby walamkolombo o jeran.and i also loved the egwu igbo amaka song so much with d lil girl dancing.good ol days
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by countsparrow: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Tosin Jegede's song..
I love children everywhere
I love my sisters and brothers
I love Ɣ☺ΰ all, u are my friend we are all one... Chorus : Yes I love u all, children in blind schools, yes I lovve u all
Bongos Ikwe's cock crow at dawn
Evi Edna's ririovarana
Gone are d days wen we use to wake up to  dis songs coming out of Dad's turn table with d sweet aroma of fried egg with whateva on saturday mornings...
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by solacec4t(f): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee: Mike Okri with Rumba dance
Evi Edna Ogoli

And a classic between Onyeka Onwenu and King Sunny Ade... embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY&list=PL6EB86F2BAE06B39E&index=13

having babies, no be joke o

u go feed them, u go............

if u never ready to carry this load o, y put wahala for ur head

papa say make u marry and mama say make u born o........

this kan life na so so wahala

if u love me, u go wait for me

wait for me baby dance with me.

( cant remember all the lyrics)

i loved that song.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Precioussilas10: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2013
Please who remembers this artiste of dis song-this is the song we've been waiting 4 to come change the heart of stone
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by countsparrow: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2013
Moderator... I didn't write rooster o!!!! It is cork, Coc#, co#k crow at dawn...
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by solacec4t(f): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyibkH5T-50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3Kt135S-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lf3U4LSErM

money no dey come from Heaven

do better thing money go come

na true wen i dey tell u so.......
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by ifecodelight: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2013
[quote
author=nanidee]Trying to find one of the most played songs in every
birthday those years... Song goes like this..."oo, yeah I wish you happy
birthday, oooo yeah, very many many happy returns".

Anyone remember it?[/quote]

@ yes do u mean d one sang by evlin?
wat abt the dove,
thomson oranu
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Yinka davie's eko ile.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Baba Eto:

The name of d artiste was *INFERNO" he was based in the UK wen he sang that "wadada song"
Inferno was in Sweden not UK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by countsparrow: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2013
admission18:
Are you seeking for direct entry/UTME admission into university of benin, Hurry now to call 08113020212 for more information and assistance as the compilation process is ongoing now.

Guy u wicked o! U see post wey old people dey comment u come advertise admission for der, u dey pray make we neva finish school by now nii

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by tope3x(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Precioussilas10: Please who remembers this artiste of dis song-this is the song we've been waiting 4 to come change the heart of stone

Oris Wiliki
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2013
nyabingi: those day these ladies where at the top of their game no scandals cos everyones music was unique

vero was different
onyeka fuses pop with africa folklores
tina onwudiwe showcased the rich african culture
evi edna sang reggae from her heart
stella monye was known as the samba queen
xh
xty esien was a respected lady of songa, all young girls wayback then looked up to her
uche ibeto was from a very rich fam yet she was humble doing her thing!
I remember Tina Onwudiwe accusing Onyeka Onwenu of stealing her song and later went on to released her version of the song,that incident left them bitter enemies till Tina's death in SA years back.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by chucky234(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2013
No one seem to remember Dr. Alban, the cousin of Charly Boy.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Tempsokes(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2013
ANGEL GABRIELA.... Faze!!!... I must confess d lord has been good to me, sent me gabriela from above... Ogini ka ichoro... M ga enye gi times two!
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by jeddyMay(f): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2013
i Love Oldies..........
Sir Obey Ebenezer
King Sunny Ade
Onyeka Onwenu
Sunny Okosun
Mike Okri
etc......

Less i forget, young and Pretty(Bolanle) ........ Love Song to badt grin kiss
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by hairbraiding: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Yeah, DR Alban> Hello Mama Africa, tell me how you doing?
It's my lifeeee

http://www.hairbraidingnetwork.com/blog
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Pergrace: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2013
William Onyeabor — when the going is smooth and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNhgHlhIGQ
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by devour129: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2013
you are my sweety
my sugar
my baby etc
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by tope3x(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2013
this is the best music thread so far grin
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 9:07am On Oct 25, 2013
chucky234: No one seem to remember Dr. Alban, the cousin of Charly Boy.

Dr. Alban has not gone unnoticed... I think he's somewhere on the first page. I remember his 'halleluyah day'... lovely song!

tope3x: this is the best music thread so far grin
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by devour129: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2013
nelly uchendu,onyeka the elegant stallion ,oliver,osadebe, bongos etc my best big brother eviction show was the one onyeka performed in. i remember i was teary during her performance.onyeka onwenu just commands the stage anytime anywhere.
these oldies where very professional and didn't joke with their work.can remember the first time we used Oliver for one of my sisters traditional wedding(we had plenty girls in my house),by 6am oliver's people where in my house with equipments and started setting up,by 8am Oliver was there and they started rehearsing and making sure their things are working.akachawa people that became popular that year and was hired showed up by 11am for a trad that starts by 12.anyways oliver was too good (you know he knows how to dance and do sharakara,he just a show man)that gozie okeke wasn't even allowed to play one song until my mum had pity on him and because she is born again insisted he will play when she comes out to greet the in laws. my point is these new generation with their whacked songs,lip syncing n poor stage control will always show up late.
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by johnnobles: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2013
e b like say na dey forget chis okotie. there is this particullar track of his "carolina" oh how i love that song. can someone post the video pleeese. is gonna those days meen. the days of record player. if you no get am that time u no dey happen. we get record players like bob marley, felix liberty, charley boy, chris okotie, sunny ade, owennu, xty essien, etc. good, meaningful and cool music. how which tuface and some presnt day good acts can just remix it to bring back the old feelings
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2013
johnnobles: e b like say na dey forget chis okotie. there is this particullar track of his "carolina" oh how i love that song. can someone post the video pleeese. is gonna those days meen. the days of record player. if you no get am that time u no dey happen. we get record players like bob marley, felix liberty, charley boy, chris okotie, sunny ade, owennu, xty essien, etc. good, meaningful and cool music. how which tuface and some presnt day good acts can just remix it to bring back the old feelings

I could'nt find the video...but here's the song though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3dVRg6HE0

Chris Okotie was really good... the song was just classic! He sounds like Phil Collins here undecided
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by nanidee(f): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
The funny thing is that all the good music of those years dont even have many views on youtube. Did we forget so soon about the past? I get sooo surprised when i watch videos like Sunny Okosuns, Onyeka Onwenu and the likes of them on this thread, having just 18,000 views, and some 3,120 views. What happened along the line?... We let the western acts and music over-shadow ours maybe undecided

It would be so nice to attend a party with only oldies music playing... How I wish! cry cry
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by aku626(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
I remember growing up to with this song my mum explained what jealousy was to me and it should be abstained from the video was sort of explanatory too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J84wIjWv6hA

Little meanings in songs nowadays
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by Ayomax(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
just speechless getting to see most of my childhood music. still searching for this song by a lady, cant remember her name or the song. just few lyrics abt it
"Come n see the LORD in my house"
"lalala, come n see the Lord in my house oh oh oh"
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by johnnobles: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
nanidee:

I could'nt find the video...but here's the song though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3dVRg6HE0

Chris Okotie was really good... the song was just classic! He sounds like Phil Collins here undecided
thanks my bro
Re: Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2013
U235weapongrade: U people are forgetting some1

Blacky - Can I have a Dance*Rosy*

Chei..

Dose days wen dia was no DSTV or dia about. You must watch Local station..

#I Rep RSTV

@nanidee 10x for opening such a thread,it really reminds of doze gud old dayz.

Evi-edna ogholi's "Happy Birthday" is a Bomb.Reminds me of dose days when "Birthdays" were "Bydays"..There was somethin dat was usually always done on course of doze "bydays" -chairs wud be placed and the kids wud be asked to be dancing round till the music stops,once it stops the kids have to rush the sits and sit down,if your still standing afta dat,then your eliminated..

Definitely my best evergreen song! Loved this song to pieces. I actually had an exercise book even at such a young age where i wrote down lyrics of songs! grin Kai, the young shall grow.
At Poster: thanks for all the Youtube links. You have brought back pleasant memories from my childhood. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

R. City Ft Adam Levine – Locked Away Mp3 Download / Which Song Are You Addicted To Right Now? / Lil Ameer Hassan Is Dead, To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.