Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM (71521 Views)

How Show what you are listening to on Android Bbm / Android Bbm Pins / Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Assalaam(f): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
hammedkola: Download BBM for Android HERE

Yes, it can. For the galaxy, download it HERE and for the iPad, search the Apple store.
hammedkola: Download BBM for Android HERE

Yes, it can. For the galaxy, download it HERE and for the iPad, search the Apple store.

The response is its not aavailable in your country, pls what is the way out?
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Osaro4u2k: please i nid a good answer i just downloaded d Much anticipated BBM to my samsung galaxy ace S5830 with andriod version 2.3.6 GINGER BREAD as they tag the OS but when trying to install it is saying parse error that there is an error parsing the package mind you i have even gone far to root my andriod phone but it is nt still installing what should i do?

works for Android 4.0 and up only..... buy new fone na
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
As-salaam:
The response is its not aavailable in your country, pls what is the way out?
use d link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5v3p588kc0q3ui/BBM%20v1.0.0.70.apk

or

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627839663
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
cutiepie25: pls hw do i download bbm on my fone. using tecno m3.
go

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627839663
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
I pray it works on my tecno d5
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Goldenheart(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Can you imagine... BBM is not supported on Techno phantom pad
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by kadman(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nice one OP, I forgot the email address and password I used to register for BBM. Any help with this? Thanks
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Chidimba: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hello there,

Its saying we are holding up a spot for u in line. What does that mean and can u please help me out?
It will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by darelar(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Which network subscription is best on android, how many Gb and how much is it. Anyone with good response
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by fabregas04(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
haibe:

Do you agree that bb is nothing without bbm?
absolutely notin, presently am typing on curve 7, I shld port withing d nxt 10hrs, can't wait. Enof of all dis extortion on BB, no value for money, phantom A+ on my mind. Team android.

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by dayoade2007(m): 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
networkgenuis: BBM is available for Android devices with screen size <= 7.0" and running OS 4.0 and above.

To install
BBM on tablets and other unsupported devices, Holla.

NB: your contributions are highly anticipated.

Shout out to Faithclin, Physise and Octavo tongue
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
I've been ping with d bbm successfully,
Bt after formatting my phone, d bbm refused to complete its registration.
After clicking I've got d mail, it will load a while and returned back to d same place, I will click d 'I've got d mail' again, yet it will returned me back there again.
Pic attached.
Kindly help me about wat to do.

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by monex(m): 12:11am On Oct 24, 2013
justi4jesu: This is stale news, previously bbm contacts could only be restored using blackberry desktop software but its now very easy with the unique Blackberry ID, once you get the bbm downloaded on your Android, log in your unique BBID and all your contacts plus recent chats automatically comes into your new pin.

my scenario is different. I want to have the contacts on both devices (my existing blackberry and the new BBM on my galaxy note cool. i created a seperate blackberry ID on the Note 8. How do I transfer/invite contacts on the existing blackberry to the new BBM on Note 8
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by haibe(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2013
stephinnoyewole: I've been ping with d bbm successfully,
After clicking I've got d mail, it will load a while and returned back to d same place, I will click d 'I've got d mail' again, yet it will returned me back there again.
Pic attached.

same thing happened to me, seems you can use your email just twice. Try getting another email that has not been used, that's what I did and am pinging again.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by annexworld(m): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Pls can bbm work on techno Q1
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by tomakint: 1:08am On Oct 24, 2013
Thanks @Op, you did a good job!
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by sunky644(m): 1:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Please help! I am unable to register at the www.bbm.com. Each time I click on the link "I have a Samsung android phone " the response I get is "problem reading from server".
Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how do I solve it? My phone is Samsung Galaxy S1 (Vibrant T959) with android OS 2.1. Thanks, waiting for meaningful response from gurus in the house.......
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by emrino(m): 3:20am On Oct 24, 2013
I cant jst get it 2geda, aftr install nuff, says smtn abt ntwrk connexn, nt being on wireless or smtn, i jst don't get at all (sony xperia)
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by nonny1212: 4:23am On Oct 24, 2013
7b023b67... PING me!!!
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2013
kadman: Nice one OP, I forgot the email address and password I used to register for BBM. Any help with this? Thanks
Unfortunately bro, I don't think there's much I can do. Assuming you still remember the email address, at least you can do password recovery.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
Goldenheart: Can you imagine... BBM is not supported on Techno phantom pad

Android devices with screen greater than 7" aren't supported, but of course there's a way around it. Just search and download 'MarketHelper' on google( you can't get it from playstore. Open the app, change your device to maybe Samsung S3, close the app and open your playstore, you will notice that it will detect your device as S3, if it doesn't then restart your Tab. Go ahed and install BBM for Android.

Ensure your device is running Android OS 4.0 and above.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by kajoula(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: Nice one @op....i wanna download bbm on an android, aw do i go about it?

Follow this link www.us.blackberry.com/bbm/download-bbm.html?displaychannelpage=Desktop
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Pic attached.

Same Here

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:30am On Oct 24, 2013
Chidimba: Hello there,

Its saying we are holding up a spot for u in line. What does that mean and can u please help me out?
It will be much appreciated.

Thanks
there's nothing wrong with that, because of the number of people rushing to download BBM on their devices, they are rationing it so that their servers won't crash. Always check your mail as they will send you a mail when it gets to your turn. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Pic attached.

All the info you needed is just on that pic you uploaded. Just wait and check you mail always. They will mail you when it is your turn.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2013
monex:

my scenario is different. I want to have the contacts on both devices (my existing blackberry and the new BBM on my galaxy note cool. i created a seperate blackberry ID on the Note 8. How do I transfer/invite contacts on the existing blackberry to the new BBM on Note 8
Sorry man, you can't have it both ways.
BBID only allows one instance of it to be used on a device at a time. You can either choose to transfer your contacts to your Note, or you just invite new contacts.
Cheers.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:39am On Oct 24, 2013
tomakint: Thanks @Op, you did a good job!
My pleasure bros.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by networkgenuis: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2013
sunky644: Please help! I am unable to register at the www.bbm.com. Each time I click on the link "I have a Samsung android phone " the response I get is "problem reading from server".
Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how do I solve it? My phone is Samsung Galaxy S1 (Vibrant T959) with android OS 2.1. Thanks, waiting for meaningful response from gurus in the house.......
You can only install on devices running OS 4.0 and above.
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2013
emrino: I cant jst get it 2geda, aftr install nuff, says smtn abt ntwrk connexn, nt being on wireless or smtn, i jst don't get at all (sony xperia)
try nd use a wirless network....i mean wifi
Re: Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM by xclusive43(m): 9:06am On Oct 24, 2013
darelar: Which network subscription is best on android, how many Gb and how much is it. Anyone with good response
4 now airtel is the best wayout..you get 2GB for 1500 and 1GB for 1000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces 6GB Data For N1500 / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.