Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? (24996 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by kennykool4u: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Promhize: LAGOS (Trunk A) = 5million/month
LAGOS (Trunk B) = 1million/month
LAGOS (Trunk C) = 400k/month
LAGOS (Trunk D) = 100/month
PH (Trunk 1) = 500k/month
PH. (Trunk 2). = 150k/month
ABJ. (Trunk A) = As much as possible wink
Onitsha = 250k/month
Calabar - 250k/month - 500k/month
Kano - 100k/month

LDT(less developed towns)
Ife, Osogbo, Ekiti, Ilorin, Ebonyi - 50k/month is enough

Village - A small farm

SP
Borno - Survival instincts
Maiduguri - Survival instincts

you are most correct.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
On a serious note...

With the replies on this thread, I wonder if we are all in this same 'Nigeria!'

How many people's take home pay is above N150,000 or N100,000 monthly?

How many people work in Chevron, Mobil and other high paying organizations?

Some people earn N100,000 monthly with 3 kids and they still buy cars, build houses and train all their kids through school. Fine, they might not achieve all at once but they do.

Let us be realistic please.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Micyril: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
Androgen daisy: Nairaland babes I plan to find and marry the woman of my dreams soon.
How much should my take home pay be to support a wife (educated/civilised) and two kids.
I dnt want my wife hassling me for soup money,etc

P.S am talking btw 100k-200k.

In other news 'we' (my post and I made front page)...chai i must testify in church on sunday
More money comes with greater responsibility. No amount of money can be enough. Just be prudent and wise in the way you spend money. And more importantly, marry a woman that isn't selfish.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by obelisk(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
750k /month is a good start.
But the most important thing is to marry a partner not a dependant

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by MacLovington(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Fadelex: what d husband is earning is not even d issue but how he is able to manage it. I've seen people earning 200k but couldn't account for somethin reasonable they did with d money while some earn just 50k and could cater for their needs. but a potential husband earning should be enuf to pay rent, feed 3 people, and pay utility bills.
u want figure?? no figure is enuf, d more u earn d greater ur responsibilities

That's a bit superficial. Suppose the one earning 200k/month has 3 junior ones at University that he funds, how will he have any savings or achieve anything?

If the one officially on 50K per month gets 300k kickback per month and has no extended family responsibilities, how will he not achieve more material stuff?

We judge people too much on material things without knowing how they do it.

Any wonder people are trying to amass wealth by any means and crime is so much?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Ice4jez(m): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
§£xY•—•W¡†cH™:
3 million naira a month
u don't ve plans to marry even after u don near forty shey
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by baroncy: 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
satellitedaisy: Stupid thread angry

Mine earns $1M per month yet it is not enough tongue

@satellitedaisy

Na to carry gun enter road remain. babe u harsh gan!
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
there is so much competition for husbands these days. most of these babes will change all these their criteria.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by justplainpaul(m): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
That woman who stole meat from her neighbours pot of soup in sapele comes to mind. you can never satisfy the present day Nigerian woman no matter how much you earn. its high time i get serious with my Grenadian gf.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by telim: 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
otodeluxe: Well I'm a guy so I don't know. But my advice for you is to marry someone that is not too exposed else she will always bite off more than one can chew
Yeah, my pals call em marriageable girls and are often good mothers.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
maninmood:

How extravagant you are! God forbids my son meets your type. You are suicidal murderous angry angry

Fixed!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Konnektions146(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
bukatyne: On a serious note...

How many people's take home pay is above N150,000 or n100,000 monthly?

Some people earn N100,000 monthly with 3 kids and they still buy cars, build houses and train all their kids through school. Fine, they might not achieve all at once but they do.

My dear i just wonder,
i have worked in a bank and other companies, i know how much people take home
and when people come to Nairaland to spew all this, i just wonder if they are in Nigeria or in heaven.

let us be realistic, over 70% on Nigerian workforce dont earn over 200k naira/month.

Just live your life as yur income reach

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by GoodBoi1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
sanb: @Op; giving a specific amount might be tricky; cos it all depends on the type of wife you marry and the kind of life-style you want to live. If you marry a wife that wants to catch up with the “Joneses” then no matter what you earn per month, it’ll never be enough for her to spend for the up keep of the household.

Marry a wife who knows that running a home requires her self-control instincts to kick in i.e. she knows the difference between her NEEDs (Essentials) and WANTs (Extras). Even if you were to earn 1M Naira per month it still won’t be enough for her if she spends without thinking and planning for the rainy day.

For you to know if your monthly earning would be sufficient, you need to have a budget and align it with what your income and expenditure equates to each month. From there, you and your wife can then determine how much is needed to run a home. Always remember to cut your coat according to your size.

Be wise and marry a lady who is understanding; hence, whether you earn 100K or 1M naira per month for the household, she’ll know how to spend and manage the money wisely….
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by scribble: 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
ZLUK: it doesn't matter how much you earn, I still gotta foot my bills of bout #5mill monthly or else... Forget it

does your poom poom smell like summer's eve or not?
does your doo doo smell like roses or not?

if it smells funky...then calm ya nerves
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
[quote
author=thehunted][color=#000099]there is so much competition for
husbands these days. most of these babes will change all these their
criteria....competition for husband?does this thread not spell guys are in search?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by uobimba(m): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
make sure u love her and she loves u,she understands u and vice versa,she is born again nd u are,wit ds she wont bother so much about having so much b4 becomin ur wife because godliness wit contentment is great gain,but ensure there is a source of income(genuine) to start with and her presence wil bring u favour becos my bible tells me that he who finds a wife finds good thing and obtains favour from d Lord

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
PastelChic: ...competition for husband?does this thread not spell guys are in search?

guys in search? babe ,it is 6 babes to one guy. u will soon realise that . i have some female colleagues that earn 300k and 450k and they desire husbands not minding if the guys have jobs or not. You small girls are the ones with options and attention from guys. It doesnt last. Once u are in your last twenties,u stop being the hunted to the huntee.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
thehunted:

guys in search? babe ,it is 6 babes to one guy. u will soon realise that .
...dunno bout that...excerpt in turf of men that like buy one get 1 free
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by uobimba(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
obelisk: 750k /month is a good start.
But the most important thing is to marry a partner not a dependant
yes a partner but how many nigerians earns even one-tenth of ur quoted good start?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
[quote
author=thehunted]

guys in search? babe ,it is 6 babes to one guy. u will
soon realise that . i have some female colleagues that earn 300k and
450k and they desire husbands not minding if he has a job or not. You
small girls are the ones with options and attention from guys. It doesnt
last. Once u are in your last twenties,u stop being the hunted to the
huntee.
[/quote]..nah,just societal pressure...my grandma,until she passed on still had toaster
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
PastelChic: ...dunno bout that...excerpt in turf of men that like buy one get 1 free

undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
ceejayluv: My calculation goes thus: family income = 45k X no. Of persons. Including dependents. Eg. If you're taking care of younger siblings or parents, calculate it at 45k per head.

Therefore if you got two dependents and wife got two dependents, then budget for two kids (they may come as twins first)..
That's a total of six dependents plus you and your wife making it 8 people..

That gives 45k x8= 360k per month FAMILY income....

My formula.
dummy formula.

It does not work that way sir.
D same gas dat moves a car for one person, is d same for 8.
Wen u buy grocery or oda commodities in large or whole quantities, it becomes cheaper.

Some times u get d same satisfaction even if u eat more or less.

Ur formula is inconclusive.

§£xY•—•W¡†cH™:
3 million naira a month
poor people always fantasize over the realities of d rich.

Keep ur dream at an illusive paste.

Mrs.Chima:
2 USD.
Obamacare on d way for ur mental disorder.

satellitedaisy: Stupid thread angry

Mine earns $1M per month yet it is not enough tongue
Sometimes silence is more eloquent and reasonable.
It's not a crime to foolish though.

ighoosagie: all these babes hyping and commercializing their ignorance re thesame as those who engages in unlimited Virgils to seek for a husband. Telling God "i need a man. Man na man, wether tall or short"
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by uobimba(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Konnektions146:
My dear i just wonder,
i have worked in a bank and other companies, i know how much people take home
and when people come to Nairaland to spew all this, i just wonder if they are in Nigeria or in heaven.

let us be realistic, over 70% on Nigerian workforce dont earn over 200k naira/month.

Just live your life as yur income reach
you are right most quotes here are what we see in nigerian movies(milions and bilions)
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
PastelChic: ..nah,just societal pressure...my grandma,until she passed on still had toaster

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
bukatyne: On a serious note...

How many people's take home pay is above N150,000 or N100,000 monthly?

Anybody who claims to earn N100k/month and still manages to raise three kids, buy and maintain personal cars, and build a house in Nigeria of today is a big thief (which is what most Nigerians are anyway).

This explains why corruption is a way of life in this country, and hardly anyone is clean. Too many civil servants, bankers, lawyers, and all categories of white-collar workers and professionals engage in criminal malpractices in the course of their work to 'supplement' (or in fact multiply) their legitimate income.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by cachal: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
It all depends on how you plan to live. If you lied and fake up to get her then you are doomed, be real to your self first, then find a suitor, women ain't really expensive if they love you for who you are.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Flygeriansteve: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
You should earn enough to take care of yourself and your children, and satisfy her BASIC needs. She should provide all her vanities with the money she earns. Or aren't you supposed to be financial partners as well? When it comes to taking financial and other responsibilities, these Nig women are quick to forget the other end of their equality with men campaign.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
In an ideal world,the wife should earn just as much as the husband.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
thehunted: In an ideal world,the wife should earn just as much as the husband.
...in an ideal world,the man is the provider
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Isodice: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
Youceemeri: MTN Fu..Ck YOu
wetin happen!!!, dem chop u abi u chop dem?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by thehunted(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
PastelChic: ...in an ideal world,the man is the provider
they are meant to be equal in everything.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by maninmood(m): 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
leofab:
Mr. U.K Man, does that means that your wife is overhere in Nigeria driving around town without earning something to support the family. An idle mind is the devil's workshop, get her engaged before Musa the neighbour's gateman starts entangling her.

Don't worry she's working. Some expenses does come outside the stipends sent home. And thank you, she is too decent to condescend to having intimacy with a gateman. Perhaps, your wife does that. Thanks anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? / 63-year-old Woman Welcomes First Child / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.