Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? (25119 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
§£xY•—•W¡†cH™:
3 million naira a month
hmm see them talking, prospective 'husbands' take note

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Fazhy: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Androgen daisy: Nairaland babes I plan to find and marry the woman of my dreams soon.
How much should my take home pay be to support a wife (educated/civilised) and two kids.
I dnt want my wife hassling me for soup money,etc

You mean you don't know the living condition in Nigeria? The only thing you get here is being mocked.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by tobbyrobson(m): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
#300,000 shld b enough
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Uyi168: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
1 tin i knw 4 sure ix u beta remain single dan to marry witout aving enuf money to meet up wit ur responsibilities!
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Theeni: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
tpacalipse: Whatever you earn can never be enough for a Nigerian woman. Trust me. Just let her understand what u are capable of before the marriage, so that she won't become a problem for you after due to money issues. Keep what you earn to yourself if u could and make sure all official documents are kept away from where she can have access to them. Never let her know the lawyer who will execute ur will, u might regret if you violate this. And lastly, once you are married, never engage in extramarital affairs, they won't pay you, because grasses have never been found to be greener at the other side. Same ni gbogbo won. But if u ever divorced in the end, do not ever remarry, ain't worth it. Ignore these at ur own peril.

From experience?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
He has to earn more than what I earn presently.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Olaskybab: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
satellitedaisy: Stupid thread angry

Mine earns $1M per month yet it is not enough tongue

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Secularist: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Make sure you earn more every year, PERIOD!

Its not a matter of female greed, its a matter of human wants becoming more and more i guess.

Do not be stagnant.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by slap1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Orikinla: Any man not earning over N1 million as basic annual income should not be allowed to marry.
To me, poor people should not marry so that they will not bring innocent kids into the world to suffer deprivations in abject poverty as majority of them do in Nigeria.
Lol. This man. You seem to have a thing against poor men. . .how about poor women?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by justplainpaul(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
2 USD.
How e take dey do you?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by justplainpaul(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
2 USD.
This woman don use coke(drugs) sotey she dey mistake am for coke drink(coca cola). na him make she dey talk with her yarnsh.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by bigfoot79(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
sexymoma: The amounts DANGOTE and ADENUGA earns

tongue

na hin be say u go tay bfore marriage oh
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by MrsChima(f): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
oshos j.f:

Are u high?

Is your mammy high?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by everyday: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
At least 100k
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by MrsChima(f): 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
justplainpaul: This woman don use coke(drugs) sotey she dey mistake am for coke drink(coca cola). na him make she dey talk with her yarnsh.

Why don't you insult in proper English?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by gratieao: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
It depend on your choice.
Okada riders, danfo conductors, truck pushers etc are marrying without hassling each other.
Even patience Jonathan self de hassle GEJ upon all their money
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by richeyy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op: no offence bro but I think this is a very silly question; asking such means you're not even ready for marriage.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by eluquenson(m): 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Use your discretion, marry a working class lady & have a good prospect.
Rome was not built in a day.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by back2sender: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
I totally agree with you. I made a mistake with the lady I just broke up with, reason been I told her about my pay package and this was my undoing. she started taking me to shoprite now and then, she will buy stuff for her mother, brothers n sisters, sometimes her father, part sponsoring the servicing of her car etc. she does it systematically that I didn't initially code but later it blown out.
She works as well but when I complain she will say I earn more than her.
tpacalipse: Whatever you earn can never be enough for a Nigerian woman. Trust me. Just let her understand what u are capable of before the marriage, so that she won't become a problem for you after due to money issues. Keep what you earn to yourself if u could and make sure all official documents are kept away from where she can have access to them. Never let her know the lawyer who will execute ur will, u might regret if you violate this. And lastly, once you are married, never engage in extramarital affairs, they won't pay you, because grasses have never been found to be greener at the other side. Same ni gbogbo won. But if u ever divorced in the end, do not ever remarry, ain't worth it. Ignore these at ur own peril.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by phil5(m): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sorry op I don't wanna comment
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Treasureng: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Live within your pay, follow your budget strictly, hope for a better pay and visit this page for more money www./18bE16hV Happy married life.
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Ezionye(f): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
well, I do not think there is a particular amount but at least u shd earn something and work harder to earn more cos needs increase. you shd let her know your salary range and if she makes a decision to marry you, then she is willing to operate within that range. *my thoughts*
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by justplainpaul(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Why don't you insult in proper English?
So all the time you spend on NL, you don`t understand pidgin english. it simply means you don`t know how to learn. you`re a dullard.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by back2sender: 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
I like this classification cheesy I dey between trunk B & C lipsrsealed
Promhize: LAGOS (Trunk A) = 5million/month
LAGOS (Trunk B) = 1million/month
LAGOS (Trunk C) = 400k/month
LAGOS (Trunk D) = 100/month
PH (Trunk 1) = 500k/month
PH. (Trunk 2). = 150k/month
ABJ. (Trunk A) = As much as possible wink
Onitsha = 250k/month
Calabar - 250k/month - 500k/month
Kano - 100k/month

LDT(less developed towns)
Ife, Osogbo, Ekiti, Ilorin, Ebonyi - 50k/month is enough

Village - A small farm

SP
Borno - Survival instincts
Maiduguri - Survival instincts
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by eagleeye2: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
you bin don get plenty experience for this kain thing. Lmao
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
back2sender: I totally agree with you. I made a mistake with the lady I just broke up with, reason been I told her about my pay package and this was my undoing. she started taking me to shoprite now and then, she will buy stuff for her mother, brothers n sisters, sometimes her father, part sponsoring the servicing of her car etc. she does it systematically that I didn't initially code but later it blown out.
She works as well but when I complain she will say I earn more than her.

Couldn't you run?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by emmaelectelect(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Fadelex: what d husband is earning is not even d issue but how he is able to manage it. I've seen people earning 200k but couldn't account for somethin reasonable they did with d money while some earn just 50k and could cater for their needs. but a potential husband earning should be enuf to pay rent, feed 3 people, and pay utility bills.
u want figure?? no figure is enuf, d more u earn d greater ur responsibilities
Simply agree Figures would not be appropriate since as earnings grow the standard grows!!! U should be able to cater for your family needs

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Datruggedman: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
2 USD.
we are talkin abt nigeria husband and nt america husband ,and wat is d meaning of 2 usd?,if ur husband earns 2 usd dollar wat wil u do,2 usd ni ,biscuit money
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Orikinla: Any man not earning over N1 million as basic annual income should not be allowed to marry.
To me, poor people should not marry so that they will not bring innocent kids into the world to suffer deprivations in abject poverty as majority of them do in Nigeria.

As harsh as this sounds, it partly mirrors my thoughts on the matter. It makes no sense whatsoever to drag children into this terrible world to subject them to suffering they did not bargain for. I guess I consider myself a 'conditional' anti-natalist. One needs to have the capacity to provide at least a decent quality of life for his offspring before rushing to marry and procreate.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by eagleeye2: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
Tabh: He has to earn more than what I earn presently.
How much do you earn presently?
Re: How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? by ucheokpara100(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
my broda u realy speak my mind, as 4 me i dnt hv money and i dnt wnt 2 marry, if my mother like make she kill herself.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? / Young Nairalander And His Cute Son In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.