Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? (3428 Views)

Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode / Tribal Politics Cost Awolowo Nigerian Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by fkaz(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Ucheosefoh: U dont stay in ur father's house and be condeming another mans house kindly pay a visit before u judge please for the sake of ur parents that waste money to send u to skul stop behaving like a ret@rded

Imbe what are you saying?
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2013
kaeyame: I love THEORY!!
Everything works in theory.

*@OP, Utopia was bombed in 1914, its now a desolate place.
Is it really too much to expect a 53 year old country to start thinking about its life? If the tribal discourses from the days of Ahmadu Bello are still around, whose loss is it? Doesn't the lack of politics sophistication and progress affect us all? We are a very interdependent country which still has fantasies of breaking up in a world where others are waiting for us to make such a stupid move. Can all this foolishness help us to grow?

Nigeria is not the only multi ethnic nation on earth. There is no reason for it not to work. It's our own foolishness holding us back.

And btw "Utopia" exists in every top level thieves' conference in Nigeria where people from all over Nigeria unite to steal your children's future. So there is unity. We just use it for evil.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by MightyThor(m): 8:00am On Oct 25, 2013
Well if we can achieve this feat i for one will be trilled but i think the owner and mods are really to be blamed truth be told, maybe because those argument generate traffic for nairaland that maybe why they tactically "allow" these tribal argument to reign in the political section.

The day they (Mods) take a strict approach to this that is when things may change, and for those of us that don't know the world now use the internet for information about a countries mind set, any foreigner on nairaland can clearly see to divide us is simple play the tribal or religious card. but if we use sense in forums such as this to show that togetherness then we all stand a better chance against external manipulation.

At the present i don't think this is possible because
1. some here find it fun to engage in these spats.
2. The owner's has to decide if getting more traffic or sanitizing the tread is important to him. (and note getting a lot of traffic equates potential for more money tru adverts, and i know majority of people will chose money over national loyalty)
3. The mods, some anyway are secret bigots, and am sure they have alternate user id where they fully participate in the mud slinging.
4. Our personal mind set has been so bombarded by the media of the tribal and religious differences that we unconsciously participate with out even being aware of doing so.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by fkaz(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:
So I'm now an Igbo man pretending to be Yoruba because I'm speaking out against childish politics?
Ok then. I have actually seen it all now.

Were you blind before? Common forget that hypocrisy of yours.

Talking as if you don't hate some member of your immediate family, not to talk of the larger society.

Hatred has reach it highest pick in this country, due to nepotism, corruption and religion difference in nigeria. The only way to minimise it is for each region to go it separate way.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york: I no longer want to hear Nigerians complain about corruption. It is impossible to take you lot serious anymore. Even the supposedly intelligent, awoken, Pan-Africanist posters like Rossikk have shown their hand now and I've seen what is really at the heart of Nigeria's problem.

I have a Yoruba father and a Calabar mother but I have never thought once about condoning theft and injustices because the perpetrators are "from my place".

Despite being a proud Yoruba man, I have always had nothing but the utmost respect for the history and culture of others in Nigeria. I'm the one busy campaigning for African Americans and other Africans to purchase vehicles made by Innoson. I have made my entire family promise never to buy an imported vehicle if Innoson has an alternative, even if it costs more. Despite being very much a fan of Tunde Fashola the governor of my home state, I was deeply unhappy that the contract for Lagos metro buses did not go to Innocent Chukwuma. Because what I am after is the progress of NIGERIA, not "my place" and I am smart enough to understand that "my place" can only become great if the rest of Nigeria and Africa is too. I would never support an injustice against an Igbo or Hausa or Idoma or Ijaw person because the perpetrator is Yoruba - that is nonsense to me.

I wonder, the God you people here are so vocal about worshipping amidst shows of ridiculous piety - do you really believe in that God? Does that bible you swear on actually mean anything to you? If that God came and met you now, would you be approved?

I cannot express how disappointing and depressing it is that so many Nigerians are still falling for this old mugu trick of petty tribalism. Do you know that at the top, the people stealing your children's destinies don't care about tribe? That they are all eating your money together whether Bini, Yoruba, Igbo or Isoko?

The british who introduced this divide and conquer thing would be amazed that 200 years later, we're still falling for the same mugu trick. No wonder they can look down on us and make us pay £3000 bond to visit London.

Listen Nigeria: The world is moving at a fast pace. The dollar is failing. New energy sources will render oil obsolete. Other African countries are doing great things with what they have. Nobody, I repeat nobody is going to wait for Nigerians to grow up and stop playing fufu-and-stockfish ethnic politics. The world out there is far more complex and bigger than Nigeria and no one has time for Nigeria's childish issues. If Nigeria still wants to be the giant of Africa which still regularly soils its 53 year-old nappies, then please leave those of us from all ethnicities of this country that want to work together in peace and make progress. Give us a patch of barren land in the desert and see what we do with it while the rest of you can fight to the death over your federal allocation oyel moni.

Please those of us - Igbo or Yoruba or whoever that are interested in progress should find a way to come together. Let's leave this gathering of mad men.

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA........

We all know people like ya' all. You all are always fast to claim been Yoruba without realizing how "unskillfull" you are when it comes to deception.

DECEPTION, my Bro, is what simpletons "easily" fall for. Let me wipe out your azz wif these salient questions:

-Even if you were Yoruba, didnt you think its is more intelligent of you concealing your ethnic ID in such context like your topic?

-In your bid to create a feeling of an imaginary unity, you ended up with your greatest undoing by unconsciouly cooking up your disdain for Yorubas, foolishly stating the nonsensical need for LAGSG to patronize Innoson, an Ibo company.
.......May i ask you then, is Innoson the only company in the world that is capable of a business interaction with Fashola?
....And again, why should it be a case of Innoson, an Ibo company, in this case?

-Again, does your topic not give room for a tribal/ethnic anonymity , so as to avoid any suspicions as to your disposition exemplified in the topic?

BRO/ Alaye, this is the 21st century !!!. If you are gonna be a lier, be GOOD at it. It would be better concealing your ID & best, not to even mention the Fash/Innoson affair.

Ever heard of this proverb "Lies have short legs. It made me crack at your lies of been Yoruba, especially at how you spell oil as "oyel".
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

...but COME BACK NEXT TIME WITH BETTER LIES. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2013
MightyThor: Well if we can achieve this feat i for one will be trilled but i think the owner and mods are really to be blamed truth be told, maybe because those argument generate traffic for nairaland that maybe why they tactically "allow" these tribal argument to reign in the political section.

The day they (Mods) take a strict approach to this that is when things may change, and for those of us that don't know the world now use the internet for information about a countries mind set, any foreigner on nairaland can clearly see to divide us is simple play the tribal or religious card. but if we use sense in forums such as this to show that togetherness then we all stand a better chance against external manipulation.

At the present i don't think this is possible because
1. some here find it fun to engage in these spats.
2. The owner's has to decide if getting more traffic or sanitizing the tread is important to him. (and note getting a lot of traffic equates potential for more money tru adverts, and i know majority of people will chose money over national loyalty)
3. The mods, some anyway are secret bigots, and am sure they have alternate user id where they fully participate in the mud slinging.
4. Our personal mind set has been so bombarded by the media of the tribal and religious differences that we unconsciously participate with out even being aware of doing so.
I hear you bruh, you're making sense. Perhaps some of us do not understand the
implications of airing our base stupidity on a public internet forum where the world can see it.

Some of us need to become aware of the fact that the world is watching us -all of us. The foreign viewer makes no distinction between Yoruba and Igbo, he only sees a bunch of black mugus who can be used against each other on his behalf by invoking some redundant ethnic sentiment.
When was the last time your tribal origin genuinely made a difference to your life as a Nigerian? Does PHCN withhold or supply power based on who is from which tribe, or don't we all suffer together? Early this morning I've already had to burn petrol to charge my phone for today, is this to be blamed on an Igbo man or a Hausa man or a Yoruba man? No, it's ALL THREE. They have ALL collaborated to steal our commonwealth and they all share it together while we who are the ordinary people will be foolishly carrying their tribe on our head.

I thought it was popularly said that "Naija no dey carry last". I'm seriously reevaluating the truth of that statement.

What foolishness!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I guess its now evident to you that your people are the cause of tribalism in Nigeria

That is the problem, constantly pointing fingers at others and never taking responsibility for your own part. You are one of the most tribalistic members on this forum. You constantly make disgusting comments and keep posting offensive threads so at the end of the day you are just as bad if not worse than the people you are accusing.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2013
tatiana009:

That is the problem, constantly pointing fingers at others and never taking responsibility for your own part. You are one of the most tribalistic members on this forum. You constantly make disgusting comments and keep posting offensive threads so at the end of the day you are just as bad if not worse than the people you are accusing.

So you too see am so?...... No wonder they say "look the pot calling the kettle black" !!

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by UyiIredia(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2013
I agree with the OP. Tribalistic, fetish and overly suspicious. Now Stella Oduah is at the head of a scandal and tribe has become of importance. SMH. E go tey before these demons comot for our bodi. I agree with dazyork's post. Even my Dad hear wen when im build market because he wasn't Yoruba.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Gboliwe: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Bwahahahahahaha bunch of fools. They use their semi-sane handles and talk nicely, even cast blames on Moderators then use their insane handles and stir up the wahala.
May God bless Sexkillz, he is one moderator who doesnt give a damn. Ever since he showed up here, even the self acclaimed senior members and their numerous dirty handles are having a feel of the 'mi o raye shit' moderator.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by jdilight(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2013
@ Op: how can this be a realit? point the direction and see me following.

Don't wait for all to agree with you before you start.

lf martin luthar king (jr) waited for the rest of the blacks to support him at first, his dream will never have seen the light of the day.

Some join a train before it starts, some after it starts, some in motion and majority just cry for a great opportunity lost.

Bring your blue print to table, we will join.

Every movement started with one man

Ask Jesus, Mohammad or Mary sclessor.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Mustay(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Hate - a waste of emotions!
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Gboliwe: Bwahahahahahaha bunch of fools. They use their semi-sane handles and talk nicely, even cast blames on Moderators then use their insane handles and stir up the wahala.
May God bless Sexkillz, he is one moderator who doesnt give a damn. Ever since he showed up here, even the self acclaimed senior members and their numerous dirty handles are having a feel of the 'mi o raye shit' moderator.

Madam....you are also guilty...stop forming "holy" here joor
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by 2radioguru1: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Gboliwe: Bwahahahahahaha bunch of fools. They use their semi-sane handles and talk nicely, even cast blames on Moderators then use their insane handles and stir up the wahala.

Who is this re...tard??
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2013
2radioguru1:

Who is this re...tard??

Na Madam Gboliwe.....the Chief hypocrite on NL...she uses Gboliwe to admonish and preach on NL...but several other handles to join into hot frays cheesy
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Willywilly7: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:
Is it really too much to expect a 53 year old country to start thinking about its life? If the tribal discourses from the days of Ahmadu Bello are still around, whose loss is it? Doesn't the lack of politics sophistication and progress affect us all? We are a very interdependent country which still has fantasies of breaking up in a world where others are waiting for us to make such a stupid move. Can all this foolishness help us to grow?

Nigeria is not the only multi ethnic nation on earth. There is no reason for it not to work. It's our own foolishness holding us back.

And btw "Utopia" exists in every top level thieves' conference in Nigeria where people from all over Nigeria unite to steal your children's future. So there is unity. We just use it for evil.
daz, Nigeria is dead, what we have to do now is find a way to bury her peacefully.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Willywilly7:
daz, Nigeria is dead, what we have to do now is find a way to bury her peacefully.

Crazy willy....
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by 2radioguru1: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2013
gurnam:

Na Madam Gboliwe.....the Chief hypocrite on NL...she uses Gboliwe to admonish and preach on NL...but several other handles to join into hot frays cheesy

She is brain dead like the albino she is yapping about.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by SamAfrik(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2013
After being an onlooker for a while, I had to write on this sensible post. Its only people living (or that lived) outside this nation can understand that the world is leaving Nigeria behind.
Tribalism sucks: where people cannot catch an ordinary thief because she is our 'sister'

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Willywilly7: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2013
SamAfrik: After being an onlooker for a while, I had to write on this sensible post. Its only people living (or that lived) outside this nation can understand that the world is leaving Nigeria behind.
Tribalism sucks: where people cannot catch an ordinary theif because she is our 'sister'
According to your Gospel we should go after the Thief, then tell us who is the Thief?
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gbanikiti(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
2radioguru1:

Too harsh on a lady. grin grin
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by 2radioguru1: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbanikiti: Too harsh on a lady. grin grin
Berem booni?? I just hate hypocrite s na ni.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Gboliwe: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
2radioguru1:

gurnam:

2radioguru1:

Who is this re...tard??
sexkillz will keep dealing with y'all. grin grin till you learn to converse like humans that you are meant to be
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by 2radioguru1: 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Gboliwe:
sexkillz will keep dealing with y'all. grin grin till you learn to converse like humans that you are meant to be

Android you need a lobotomy like asap. Coming from sex.uality section re...tard like you that priceless. Knowing your medulla run on the same o.s as my grandpa cupboard t.v I excuse your dumbness. Scamp for cover before exterminate you for charity.
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by SamAfrik(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
The ijapa story aptly describe the scenario, where all animals pledged to kill & eat their mothers due to famine, but ijapa hid his own mother while feasting on others'
We have seen d collective effort of Yorubas is discouraging corruption, though need to do more:
1. SM Afolabi- jailed
2. Bode- jailed
3. Tafa - jailed
4. Iyabo- dismissed
5. Bankole- dismissed
6. Etteh- dismissed

1. Stella - rewarded with pilgrimage?
Haba! Igbos present your own looter for us to roast now!
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gbanikiti(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
2radioguru1:
Berem booni?? I just hate hypocrite s na ni.
mo wa pa! Nothing do you! grin cool
Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
These yoruba people self. Always crying tribalism when they are the worst culprits with the help of their tribal mods.

Anyway for the op, when you said that you were a proud yoruba man, all your intents are thus laid open. Only bigots could ever be proud of belonging to a tribe of bigots.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Willywilly7: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
SamAfrik: The ijapa story aptly describe the scenario, where all animals pledged to kill & eat their mothers due to famine, but ijapa hid his own mother while feasting on others'
We have seen d collective effort of Yorubas is discouraging corruption, though need to do more:
1. SM Afolabi- jailed
2. Bode- jailed
3. Tafa - jailed
4. Iyabo- dismissed
5. Bankole- dismissed
6. Etteh- dismissed

1. Stella - rewarded with pilgrimage?
Haba! Igbos present your own looter for us to roast now!
If Nigerians want to fight corruption, they will end up jailing 98% of Yorubas population, where are the prisons that will contain such a huge population

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by Lagosbabe1: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
OP nice dream and I wish you the best.

Unfortunately, I am not with you at all. I will not give you examples of how bigoted ibos are- it is glaringly clear for everyone to see. They blame Yorubas for their forefathers stupi*dity to engage in a war they were unprepared for and were decimated in the process. They have rewritten every fact of the war to suit their own lies and have fed this to their gullible children who have now carried on the mantle of hate.

I never ever ever engaged in tribalism until I saw the comments from ibos not only on NL but on all forums across the web, to cut short my story, I am an Odua daughter and so it will remain.

Ibos are the greatest tribalists in Nigeria- just look at that pancake, corrupt and inept minister accusing Yorubas of her problem when in saner countries, she will be in detention awaiting trial. Achebe lied, manipulated and knowingly distorted the facts and dished it out to his sheep and they are swallowed it hook,line and sinker- never seen a tribe that is so individualistic yet have a herd mentality when it comes to supporting criminality and lies.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: These yoruba people self. Always crying tribalism when they are the worst culprits with the help of their tribal mods.

Anyway for the op, when you said that you were a proud yoruba man, all your intents are thus laid open. Only bigots could ever be proud of belonging to a tribe of bigots.

You are simply sick upstairs ....that is the only way to rationalize your foolishness..

1 Like

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by gurnam: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Willywilly7:
If Nigerians want to fight corruption, they will end up jailing 98% of Yorubas population, where are the prisons that will contain such a huge population

They will simply exterminate all of your own....right from Malaysia Singapore..Australia...down to Brazil...and coming home to Africa. You will all be fed to wild beasts...because there won't be any point wasting precious bullets.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me? by cjrane: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
daz_york:

Despite being a proud Yoruba man..........blah blah blah...

[size=14pt]

Another Yoruba pretender grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan And Head Of State Of Burkina Faso, Lt. Col Isaac Zida (pictures) / PDP Senatorial Candidate Blasts Tinubu, Buhari And Others / Nigeria Has The Lowest Debt To GDP Ratio In Africa-Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.