Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,028 members, 7,838,578 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? (1743 Views)

Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / Why Do Females Hate Gay Guys / Criteria Required To Marry Ladies Across Nigeria Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by twogood: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2013
Because of the cultural stronghold on my people-Nigerians, the gay trend has been greatly frowned upon.
As a result of this, gay guys go on to marry ladies and have children. Women married to such men have a hard time @ marriage because the romance is almost non-existent and until the woman finds out that her man is gay, she is made to believe that is not doing enough to keep the marriage alive.
I have a proposition for gay guys- why don't you tell these women your secret, they may still love you enough to marry you and have kids for you or you can come out straight and tell the world so you can marry the man of your dreams.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by israel007: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2013
For cover up so that the society would not think awful of them
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by twogood: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
israel007: For cover up so that the society would not think awful of them

But i guess that's not a plausible reason to hold a lady to ransom. It's every lady's nightmare to discover that her knight is night.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by badmeat(m): 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Another Gay thread,sad
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
twogood: Because of the cultural stronghold on my people-Nigerians, the gay trend has been greatly frowned upon.
As a result of this, gay guys go on to marry ladies and have children. Women married to such men have a hard time @ marriage because the romance is almost non-existent and until the woman finds out that her man is gay, she is made to believe that is not doing enough to keep the marriage alive.
I have a proposition for gay guys- why don't you tell these women your secret, they may still love you enough to marry you and have kids for you or you can come out straight and tell the world so you can marry the man of your dreams.

Easier said.

If I eventually decide to marry a woman though, she'd definitely know about me, meaning I may end up marrying a lesbian or bi woman. and this is solely because of the societal pressure that MAY come up. Right now marriage is not on my mind till at least 9 years' time.

Else I'll prefer raising a kid on my own, through a surrogate. No marriage. Could be fun. cheesy
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
twogood:

But i guess that's not a plausible reason to hold a lady to ransom. It's every lady's nightmare to discover that her knight is night.

You can't blame the guys. That's what you get when the society and government thinks it's better to term gay people as criminals, instead of letting us be. What other choice would they have than to pretend to be happy with a woman?
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by twogood: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

You can't blame the guys.

I blame the guys for their deceit. They are getting it wrong. Isn't it similar to a lady losing her womb during an abortion and keeping mum about it till the doctor reveals it to the husband?
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
twogood:

I blame the guys for their deceit. They are getting it wrong. Isn't it similar to a lady losing her womb during an abortion and keeping mum about it till the doctor reveals it to the husband?

You just won't understand till you're in our position. I'm not taking sides with anyone though. smiley
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by israel007: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
twogood:

Why go to church and pretend not to fornicate. Why not do it by the alter?

3 Likes

Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
israel007:

Why go to church and pretend not to fornicate. Why not do it by the alter?

hehe. nice one.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

You can't blame the guys. That's what you get when the society and government thinks it's better to term gay people as criminals, instead of letting us be. What other choice would they have than to pretend to be happy with a woman?
u can always remain unmarried. Its hurting the woman for selfish reasons. Marriage is a union between 2 pple who love each other not a means of covering up who you really are
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by twogood: 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mondisweets: u can always remain unmarried. Its hurting the woman for selfish reasons. Marriage is a union between 2 pple who love each other not a means of covering up who you really are
Well said!
When you hear the dilemma of ladies married to gay men, you'll pray never to be in or near their shoes.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by GSKing: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

You just won't understand till you're in our position. I'm not taking sides with anyone though. smiley
Go Mason! Go Mason!!! Go Mason!!! Always there to educate them... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by lacreame: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
no matter the pressure sha I can't drag someone else into my affair just to cover up but not everyone is that tough.
the pressure from family, society, friends and not being able to talk to your loved ones about who you trully are, its just seems easier to get married and be who they want u to be just to please them.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by GSKing: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
la_creame: no matter the pressure sha I can't drag someone else into my affair just to cover up but not everyone is that tough.
the pressure from family, society, friends and not being able to talk to your loved ones about who you trully are, its just seems easier to get married and be who they want u to be just to please them.
where in God’s name have u been?

@post... i cant get married to a man, i cant bow to pressure from whoever it is that makes my decisions their problem, not when I've come this far. I plan to be who i am, be whatever I've planned to be, live with my gf forever(if she's up for it), adopt(don't plan on getting pregnant for anybody) two children(a boy and a girl). I'll raise my adopted kids alone if i have to... single parents rock anyways!!!

1 Like

Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
GSKing:
where in God’s name have u been?

@post... i cant get married to a man, i cant bow to pressure from whoever it is that makes my decisions their problem, not when I've come this far. I plan to be who i am, be whatever I've planned to be, live with my gf forever(if she's up for it), adopt[b](don't plan on getting pregnant for anybody)[/b] two children(a boy and a girl). I'll raise my adopted kids alone if i have to... single parents rock anyways!!!

Lol @the bolded. You must get pregnant for me o grin

Like I said anyway, I definitely can't live a double life in marriage (where the woman doesn't know about me), so it's either I bow to pressure by marrying a lesbian who knows about me (is that even a marriage?), or I raise a kid (just one) on my own.

This is me assuming I remain in this shithole of a country by then.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
They should stick to their wives and stop chasing small small boiz.
See all of girls, i pirri u, ur husbands are busy chuking smal smal boiz annuss about, going round gay clubs, just so you know, ok?
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
twogood:

what about lesbians
My problem with u guys is that u focus on male homo as is lesbianism is non existent!
I pirri u.
Al tho macho looking women, i hail o.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by GSKing: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

Lol @the bolded. You must get pregnant for me o grin

Like I said anyway, I definitely can't live a double life in marriage (where the woman doesn't know about me), so it's either I bow to pressure by marrying a lesbian who knows about me (is that even a marriage?), or I raise a kid (just one) on my own.

This is me assuming I remain in this shithole of a country by then.

lol also @bolded... i know i can't remain here, Nigeria(dumbfuckistan) is not a place to call home.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mondisweets: u can always remain unmarried. Its hurting the woman for selfish reasons. Marriage is a union between 2 pple who love each other not a means of covering up who you really are

In Nigeria, how do they regard a person that has remained unmarried down to his/her 40s? They (parents, friends, etc..) may even go on to finding a husband or wife for that person, instead of minding their damn business.

I do agree that the woman shouldn't be dragged into the whole situation though.

I know at least two gay men that are married to straight women, and one with a kid. I just usually wonder the kind of hell that would break loose if the wives are to find out. I can't deal abeg.

I remember what one said to me when i asked him how he manages to have sex with his wife. I can still remember his answer..."I close my eyes and visualise myself being with Daniel. That is what the society wants. My wife is happy I gave her a son, my parents are happy I have a child, and I'm happy with my boyfriend, and kid. Everyone is happy"

oh well
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

In Nigeria, how do they regard a person that has remained unmarried down to his/her 40s? They (parents, friends, etc..) may even go on to finding a husband or wife for that person, instead of minding their damn business.

I know at least two gay men that are married to straight women, and one with a kid. I just usually wonder the kind of hell that would break loose if the wives are to find out. I can't deal abeg.

I remember what one said to me when i asked him how he manages to have sex with his wife. I can still remember his answer..."I close my eyes and visualise myself being with Daniel. That is what the society wants. My wife is happy I gave her a son, my parents are happy I have a child, and I'm happy with my boyfriend, and kid. Everyone is happy"

oh well
interesting.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by GSKing: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
masonkz:

oh well
Sad story.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by twogood: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=masonkz]

His parents may be happy but i bet you his wife isn't. She knows something is fishing. Wait till she finds out.
Re: Gay Guys Why Marry Ladies? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
[quote author=twogood][/quote]

Well that's their life anyway. I just hope he isn't having unsafe sex out there though.

I just pity the women that the men get married though. Truth be told, they deserve better.

This is one reason why gay people have to be recognised in this country, people would stop living in denial.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Tell A Guy This Without Bruising His Ego. / My Galfrnd Lies Alot Saying Its A Joke / Why Are Some Girls This Selfish? My Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.