Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? (20460 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

I don't know.
There are more single women than men. #fact
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by akwunmi(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Polygamy : a system of marriage whereby 1persn has mor dan 1 spouse

Polygyny : wher a man marries mor dan 1 woman (Allowed in Islam)

Polyandry: wher a woman marries more dan one man (Not Allowed in Islam)

1 Islam did not introduce polygyny

Moses 2 wives (Exodus 2:21 , No 12:1)
Abraham at least 3 wives (Genesis 16:3 ,Genesis 25: 1-5)
David -12 Wives , 3 Concubines (1 Samuel 18:27 ,1 Chronicles 3 1-5)
Solomon 700 wives and 300 concubines (1 kings 11:3 ,Songs 6:8 2 Kings 10:1)
2 : d Qur'an is d only religious scripture in the world dat says, 'marry only 1'
"den marry dos dat pls u of women 2 or 3 or 4.but if u fear u will not be just, den(marry only) one[/b] " Q 4:3
d Prophet(PBUH) says,
“wen a man has 2 wives n he is inclined to 1 of dem,he will cum on d Day of resurrection wit a side hanging down (paralyzed) Abu Dawud
4.Only a minority (10-15%) of Muslims practice polygyny because of additional financial n psychological burdens of handling mor dan 1 family.
May allah gr8ly reward u n improv u mor in knowledge.amin.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by pickabeau1: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
tintingz: There are more single women than men. #fact

that may not be factually true

More like: There are more women of marriageable status (age, experience etc) than there are of men (age, money, etc)

So the women hustle for the same pool of men overlooking the males who are getting by..

hypergamy
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
pickabeau1:
i assumed the post was clear
Let me try another analogy
if u consider males and females in totality,... ur facts ring true... and shows male mortality on average is higher ...
However if you consider based on age that genders mate especially in the populous areas of the world.. the ratio of males to females changes drastically
In some parts of afrika, once a woman reaches a certain age, the prob of her getting a mate is low

The 'problem' of her getting a mate from which age range exactly?

Let us assume this hypothetical woman is 40 years old. Are you telling me she has an extremely low chance of getting a mate regardless of the fact that there are men of 45-50 who are still not married and regardless of the fact that there are divorced and widowed men of 45-50 age range?
Are you telling me that the 'problem' of older women getting a mate is very low even though there are men of her age/above her age who are single and also searching for a mate?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

First of all, you quoted a French website and the part in bold is referring to the changes in the sex ratios in france only , not the population ratio changes the world over.

Secondly, the website you quote mined looks fishy. I don't believe it contains credible information because that part of your post about the number of women outnumbering men does not apply to every country in the world, I doubt it even applies to any other country except france. In China for instance, the population of men outnumbers women greatly and it never evens out. It is constantly the same.
Do you knowingly skipped this?

lanrexlan: The number of men and women in the WORLD is roughly equal,though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2010).More precisely,out of 1,000 people,504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%).For every 100 girls,107 boys are born,but males have a higher risk of dying than females,both in childhood and at adult ages

Hmmm?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you knowingly skipped this?
The number of men and women in the WORLD is roughly equal,though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2010).More precisely,out of 1,000 people,504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%).For every 100 girls,107 boys are born,but males have a higher risk of dying than females,both in childhood and at adult ages
Hmmm?
I didn't skip anything.
The part of your post where you quoted above is the only place that talks about world population generally.
The other part talks about France, let me bring the rest of your post to show you what I mean;

lanrexlan: So at a certain age, the numbers of men and women even out. In France this occurs at age 25 (in 2010).Beyond this age, women outnumber men and the numerical difference between the two sexes increases with age.In France,eight centenarians in ten are women (in 2010).
This part of your post is saying that although the number of men outnumbers women initially, the sex ration evens out eventually.
And in France, the age where this happens is at 25 years of age.
And also in France, beyond that age, women outnumber men up until they get to age 100 where there are 8 women to one man.
In France.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you knowingly skipped this?

Hmmm?

More proof that your theory of women outnumbering men after the age of 25 is flawed.
1. Your website is talking about information from 2010, while the world CIA factbook which I quoted is talking about 2013.

2. As you can see from the data of the ratio of men to women all over the world, the balance in sex ratio continues to obtain even up till the age of 54, if women the world over started to outnumber men as from the age of 25, then there ould be more women than men after the age of 25 in the table below.

Sex ratio from CIA world factbook:

at birth: 1.07 male(s)/female
0-14 years: 1.07 male(s)/female
15-24 years: 1.06 male(s)/female
25-54 years: 1.02 male(s)/female
55-64 years: 0.96 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.8 male(s)/female
total population: 1.01 male(s)/female (2013 est.

Take note of the part in bold, it shows that there is even slightly higher number of men than women in the 50 years age range. if the info from your website was applcable to the entire world, then you would see the number of women outnumbering men after the age of 25.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:
I didn't skip anything.
The part of your post where you quoted above is the only place that talks about world population generally.
The other part talks about France, let me bring the rest of your post to show you what I mean;

This part of your post is saying that although the number of men outnumbers women initially, the sex ration evens out eventually.
And in France, the age where this happens is at 25 years of age.
And also in France, beyond that age, women outnumber men up until they get to age 100 where there are 8 women to one man.
In France.
Does the first part of my post talked about women outnnumbering men? I just need a simple yes or no.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by pickabeau1: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Now I see why its not clear to you

Prob is probability. Not problem...

De Beauvoir:

The 'problem' of her getting a mate from which age range exactly?

Let us assume this hypothetical woman is 40 years old. Are you telling me she has an extremely low chance of getting a mate regardless of the fact that there are men of 45-50 who are still not married and regardless of the fact that there are divorced and widowed men of 45-50 age range?
Are you telling me that the 'problem' of older women getting a mate is very low even though there are men of her age/above her age who are single and also searching for a mate?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Does the first part of my post talked about women outnnumbering men? I just need a simple yes or no.
It didn't.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
pickabeau1: Now I see why its not clear to you

Prob is probability. Not problem...

How is the probability low?
Did you not see my last post where I listed the groups of men in her age range and above her age where she can find a mate from?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:
It didn't.

Are you a male or a female please?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by daliki: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
yuzedo: I will even mary a 100rd wive. after i becum a govnore by nest mont in annambra am gonna give rita dummynick an quit notice. den i will do NL comptitetion for a new first lady dat have a sweet upstair and down stare. tongue

LOL is lie. looooook at all of dem hungry babes dey want to be her excelency cheif mrs sweetus first lady wive of anambra govnore. I can never never divorse rita sweetus nee dummynick even if u have a big boobsie + ikebe like GP tank!! angry angry angry

Ooooops, "I jus love yuzedo"!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Are you a male or a female please?

My gender is inconsequential to the topic of this discussion.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

My gender is inconsequential to the topic of this discussion.
Just wondering how you concluded that first part of my post didn't talk about the world,even when it talked about males having the risk of dying both in childhood and adulthood.Did you see that?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Souljaboi1: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
adewale2011: Marrying two wives brings respect and make women know their position in the home.. but living with one wife embarassed God cant imagine my self doing that... its not in my family linage sha!!!

with one wife you have more problem because she has the autonomous power over the man

but with two wivies and above, the respect is very high because if she misbehave she has competitors that would correct the mistake with Joy

My father's tried it and they lived longer than their age..

the only principle i see with polygamy is that the Man should work extra hard to provide the basic needs of the family.

and share the money and playtime equally, and don't put the the wives under one roof, thats suicide if you try that...

My guy I just want you to know that you earned my respect for the time being.

If you are a Muslim, then know without doubt that I love you for the sake of Allaah. smiley
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Just wondering how you concluded that first part of my post didn't talk about the world,even when it talked about males having the risk of dying both in childhood and adulthood.Did you see that?

Are you kidding me?
This is what you asked;

lanrexlan: Does the first part of my post talked about women outnnumbering men? I just need a simple yes or no.

And I said no because this is what you posted;

lanrexlan: The number of men and women in the WORLD is roughly equal,though men hold a slight lead with 102 men for 100 women (in 2010).More precisely,out of 1,000 people,504 are men (50.4%) and 496 are women (49.6%).For every 100 girls,107 boys are born,but males have a higher risk of dying than females,both in childhood and at adult ages

Nowhere in this post is it stated that women outnumber men.
The post is only saying that for every 100 girls, there are 107 boys born.
The last sentence says that men have a higher risk of dying but it doesn't say that this risk leads to women outnumbering men. They face risks quite alright but the numbers are still evenly balanced, there is no continuing part of the post that says the risk leads to women outnumbering men.
You posted this, why the hell did I need to explain it to you?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Just wondering how you concluded that first part of my post didn't talk about the world,even when it talked about males having the risk of dying both in childhood and adulthood.Did you see that?

And by the way how does this statement have anything to do with my gender?

You were wondering how I drew my conclusion so you decided to find out if I am male or female because? What difference would my sex make to whatever you were wondering?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
I do not even have one wife yet lol yet alone two. In all honesty, I only see myself with one woman throughout my lifetime.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
@lanrexlan, please feel free to believe whatever you like about women outnumbering men.

I will take the world CIA fact book evidence over the website you posted because like I said before your website is talking about info from 2010 while my website is talking about the present year we are in; 2013.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by funkydoc11: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Poor man's thread!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir: @lanrexlan, please feel free to believe whatever you like about women outnumbering men.

I will take the world CIA fact book evidence over the website you posted because like I said before your website is talking about info from 2010 while my website is talking about the present year we are in; 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Are you a male or a female please?
She's a female, one of the feminist captain on NL grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

So?
Should women marry four husbands in countries where they are less than men?

Also, I was talking about the averages, I didn't go specifically into different countries.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

So?
Should women marry four husbands in countries where they are less than men?

Also, I was talking about the averages, I didn't go specifically into different countries.

Are you a Belgian feminist or something?

I don't have any problem with you supporting Nigerian women, however not all men choose to marry 4 wives. They do so because of various reasons (some people who live in farms or who are herders need bigger families in order to do their work).

I know you are looking at this from a feminist PoV, however you need to understand that sometimes marriage of more than 1 wife has to occur to assure success for a family. My grandfather personally had 2 wives. He was a traditional Mbororo Fulani cattle herder. Having more than 1 wife enabled the birth of children who can handle the cattle.

It is not right to have more than 1 wife if it is to fulfill lustful desires of the heart.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

Are you a Belgian feminist or something?

I don't have any problem with you supporting Nigerian women, however not all men choose to marry 4 wives. They do so because of various reasons (some people who live in farms or who are herders need bigger families in order to do their work).

I know you are looking at this from a feminist PoV, however you need to understand that sometimes marriage of more than 1 wife has to occur to assure success for a family. My grandfather personally had 2 wives. He was a traditional Mbororo Fulani cattle herder. Having more than 1 wife enabled the birth of children who can handle the cattle.

It is not right to have more than 1 wife if it is to fulfill lustful desires of the heart.

Whatever, you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

What is this nonsense?
Is your uttering gibberish a side effect of banging your head on the floor 50 times a day?
LOL... Beauvoir be careful with your high BP grin

What I actually meant was that there are more marriagable single women than men e.g the feminist grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
tintingz: She's a female, one of the feminist captain on NL grin
Thought as much,bro tintingz's friend grin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by simdam500(m): 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
NO ONE KNOWS 2MORROW
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

And by the way how does this statement have anything to do with my gender?

You were wondering how I drew my conclusion so you decided to find out if I am male or female because? What difference would my sex make to whatever you were wondering?
Never mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.