Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? (20461 Views)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! / Can I Do This For My Wife If She Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:
islam and sexism...... undecided
I never discriminated nor does Islam discriminates men from women,so I don't know where you got that idea.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: I never discriminated nor does Islam discriminates men from women,so I don't know where you got that idea.

lol
Conscience grin

Did I say you discriminated or that Islam discriminates?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
deols:

The thought that men are more than women is faulty. In China, there are 105 men for every 100 women. Would polygamous men not appear greedy in such a situation?

Of course, as Muslims the other options of gay marriage is not legit. But in a western society, like you have used as an example, where such marriages are legit, you may not entirely base their problem of inability to find partners on polygamy nor make it a solution to their problem.

#justsaying undecided
Not really.. There are few third world countries in which the male population is morethan female like India, do you know why? Because of female foeticide and female inventicide. In the case of China are they being greedy? Not really because we do know every man can't get married for so many reasons or perhaps might not be the case for them. Will it solve their problem? Yes because the only option remaining is either second or become public property. Rather than being mistress or what aview to these married men why not become a second wife and have equal and legal right with the first? Public property is degraded, dishonoured and doesn't have equal right with the married ones. It will help alot.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by lanrexlan(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

lol
Conscience grin

Did I say you discriminated or that Islam discriminates?
What's the meaning of sexism then?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by d61073: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
Are you wiser than the God that created you. Islam has solutions to all problems of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:
islam and sexism...... undecided

Islam does not promote sexist behaviour, it is people who promote it. Christianity does the same thing, it states men are supposed to be heads of households.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
khattab02: Not really.. There are few third world countries in which the male population is morethan female like India, do you know why? Because of female foeticide and female inventicide. In the case of China are they being greedy? Not really because we do know every man can't get married for so many reasons or perhaps might not be the case for them. Will it solve their problem? Yes because the only option remaining is either second or become public property. Rather than being mistress or what aview to these married men why not become a second wife and have equal and legal right with the first? Public property is degraded, dishonoured and doesn't have equal right with the married ones. It will help alot.

India is not a third world country
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

India is not a third world country
I no know oo.. Please tell me more
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
khattab02: I no know oo.. Please tell me more

3rd highest spending country in the world

8th largest GDP in the world that is continuously improving. They also have updated weaponry for their military (which we lack in Naija), and an ever growing economy India is far from a 3rd world country. What makes you say that it is?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

3rd highest spending country in the world

8th largest GDP in the world that is continuously improving. They also have updated weaponry for their military (which we lack in Naija), and an ever growing economy India is far from a 3rd world country. What makes you say that it is?
thanks man! May be the report I watched is now a bit old and as such do not contain their lastest development. Any way they are one of the fatest developing sha!!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tintingz(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
lanrexlan: Thought as much,bro tintingz's friend grin
Don't mind her jare na so she just dey do her feminist movement on NL
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
tintingz: Don't mind her jare na so she just dey do her feminist movement on NL

She does not understand some Nigerians way of life, that is why she thinks feminism is the answer to all.

I agree that women should not be put down, but she may take it a bit too extreme.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
khattab02: thanks man! May be the report I watched is now a bit old and as such do not contain their lastest development. Any way they are one of the fatest developing sha!!

Indeed they are, in fact many Indians are going back to India from the U.K. and the U.S. to help their country further develop. China and India are neck to neck right now and they are constantly competing.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

Indeed they are, in fact many Indians are going back to India from the U.K. and the U.S. to help their country further develop. China and India are neck to neck right now and they are constantly competing.
hmmmm.. True talk!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by pickabeau1: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
De Beauvoir:

How is the probability low?
Did you not see my last post where I listed the groups of men in her age range and above her age where she can find a mate from?

Hmm..how many women in the advanced ages get married
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 01, 2013
pickabeau1:

Hmm..how many women in the advanced ages get married

Twenty five women undecided

Mtsheew.

Foolish question.

Look, just believe whatever you like about ratio of men to women, I am not interested in changing your views.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by ocelot2006(m): 1:34am On Nov 01, 2013
Nope. Too much trouble.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Fulaman198(m): 2:06am On Nov 01, 2013
De Beauvoir:

You must be high on some aboki weed. Where did I say feminism is 'the answer to all' on this thread or even on the whole of nairaland?
You'd better stick to rearing cattle if you know reading and writing is too much for you to handle.

See what I mean fellows...

We don't want our beautiful Nigerian women to act in this manner, it would make them far less desirable. This Belgian woman has issues

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by deols(f): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2013
khattab02: Not really.. There are few third world countries in which the male population is morethan female like India, do you know why? Because of female foeticide and female inventicide. In the case of China are they being greedy? Not really because we do know every man can't get married for so many reasons or perhaps might not be the case for them. Will it solve their problem? Yes because the only option remaining is either second or become public property. Rather than being mistress or what aview to these married men why not become a second wife and have equal and legal right with the first? Public property is degraded, dishonoured and doesn't have equal right with the married ones. It will help alot.

I can not believe you typed this.

There are more men than women. and that means that many of the men who WANT to marry may not be able to.

and you say that, some men should go ahrad and marry up to four as a way of solving their problem??

What I was driving at all along is the need to find other reasons for polygyny than it solving societal issues because it does not in many cases and even can be problematic in others.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by sherif4owo(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2013
Brymo: This isn't my biz.

yes. It's ur husbands'
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by boladonas(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2013
My dear Sister, always hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
Irrespective of love and faith, men are "wired" to be adventurous.
God will grant you the desires of your heart
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2013
deols:

I can not believe you typed this.

There are more men than women. and that means that many of the men who WANT to marry may not be able to.

and you say that, some men should go ahrad and marry up to four as a way of solving their problem??

What I was driving at all along is the need to find other reasons for polygyny than it solving societal issues because it does not in many cases and even can be problematic in others.
No deols. I have replied since but unfortunately all my post have been viped out about 3 to 4 times. Chei I don suffer!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Sissie(f): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2013
If a woman decides she wants to be the one and only wife, it's her choice, she can add that to her pre nuptial agreement. people should not make her feel bad about it.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Haba Mod!!! Weytin wrong with those my posts wey I no see na I Don edit reach about 3 to 4 times, me no see Anytin wrong oo.. Haba!!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by khattab02: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2013
Sissie: If a woman decides she wants to be the one and only wife, it's her choice, she can add that to her pre nuptial agreement. people should not make her feel bad about it.
you are right!
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by fyneboi79(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
yuzedo: mod bro i beg u in god name dint hide my poast am just expressin my tot okay? is u dat ask d question on homepage and i answer dammit!!! angry angry angry
Yuzedo Nwoke Oma!!!!!!!!!gringringrin
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by tpia5: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
deols why are you so against polygamy?
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Marrying a 2nd wife does not prove that one is wealthy is jst what some people want,
but for me there is no point of taking a 2nd wife.
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
pickabeau1: its not surpirising it will not make sense to you... grin

However rather than being aggressive why not enjoy the debate... i expected more from you

In the scheme of human arrangements (6000 years), monogamy worldwide is a newbie and will not be up to 300 years at the most and that only in europe. In Africa and Asia it is less than 100 years....

You should open your mind and consider other world views from yours rather than spouting another person is not making sense...

Im not interested in making any woman guilty... but why!

As someone said, the so called married men having clandestine relationships are having it with women...and not goats!
go figure

Yet to understand how your posts relate to the one you quotes
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by pickabeau1: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2013
bukatyne:

Yet to understand how your posts relate to the one you quotes

Lets leave it aside for now... when you guys are more civil to dissenters
Re: Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? by bukatyne(f): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2013
pickabeau1:

Lets leave it aside for now... when you guys are more civil to dissenters

You guys ke?

I thought it was one person per moniker?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Can I Use Toothpaste While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.