Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1223550 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
ANY SIMPLE ANNOYANCE AT WORKPLACE GETS ME SO MADLY AND BADLY ANNOYED THESE DAYS..
SO AGITATED THAT I FEEL LIKE BREAKING PEOPLE'S HEADS

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by windows98: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
tk4rd:
ANY SIMPLE ANNOYANCE AT WORKPLACE GETS ME SO MADLY AND BADLY ANNOYED THESE DAYS..

Me and boss quanta these days no be here o
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
windows98:

Me and boss quanta these days no be here o
I no dey talk with boss again.. Just to avoid temptation.. Colleagues are now aware that I am no more the happy jolly-good-fellow I used to be..
Everything is crashing down right in front of me.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
tk4rd:
I no dey talk with boss again.. Just to avoid temptation.. Colleagues are now aware that I am no more the happy jolly-good-fellow I used to be..

So if you finally enter NLNG and months later, a mind-blowing offer is pending from another company, will you have this same attitude?

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by whatsupguys: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
NanaF:

So if you finally enter NLNG and months later, a mind-blowing offer is pending from another company, will you have this same attitude?

Oya answer the question.......
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
This NLNG offer is about breaking a ceiling, no one will offer you 200M a year soon after this so the question is totally irrelevant.
NanaF:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
dway4ward:
This NLNG offer is about breaking a ceiling, no one will offer you 200M a year soon after this so the question is totally irrelevant.

It's like you haven't been "toasted" by Saudi Aramco #bloodMoney

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Very well put, time value of their decision affects alot.
tk4rd:
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
dway4ward:

You don't need a N200m offer to misbehave. That's even too extreme. I remember listening to them discussing about a staff who had moved from Nlng to Mtn to another place I can't remember and they were wondering where he is now.

I think you missed the point in my question . Truth is you will never be satisfied, there's always something better so behaving that way at a current job is very unhealthy.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Shedyboss: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
tk4rd:
Plssss.....get d job ist before u pull that stunt. U won't be able to resume in January if u r behind bars o..... grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
Spotted DSSHQ on this thread. I say GT "nominees" are undergoing security screening. And er...remember this post back in August 2014 about those on/about to start masters programs in the UK?

DSSHQ:
I think if you're concluding your program in september 2014,you have a real chance not those just starting in september.

Who'd have thought that even those that started in September 2014 have a real chance to get both their MSc and the job provided they came for the AC and were on a 1-year program? In fact, with this new talk of a possibility of resumption in March (as much as we hope and pray it isn't true), even those on 18 months programs have a chance. This our employer sha...to quote a new member of the family, they take their time. As in, they are not in a hurry, at all. It is well.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
airsaylongcon:

It's like you haven't been "toasted" by Saudi Aramco #bloodMoney
Your head is there. Collect one basin of poundy. 6 bush meat.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Switlife:

Your head is there. Collect one basin of poundy. 6 bush meat.

*looks at d poundy, thinking this midnight? Collects all d bushmeat. Madam gimme Orijin*
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by whatsupguys: 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
airsaylongcon:

*looks at d poundy, thinking this midnight? Collects all d bushmeat. Madam gimme Orijin*
Like play like play, we go reach page 300
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Good evening all. I can really understand how everyone is feeling right about now. For me? Hmm.... it's not easy either. But let me just share what's keeping me positive without being overly overwhelmed by the seeming delay by NLNG, before I hybernate until the results are out. Perhaps it could be of help to you, you or you. My gut feeling (which is right in most cases) tells me that the delay may be for our benefit. Come to think of it: is it difficult for them to just release the result and then absorb very few persons, considering their present slow business? Even if they don't want these few persons to resume now, do you think it's hard for them to just notify them of their success, like they did to forkadict and the like, and then ditch those who are not successful? I think these guys have plans for us and are looking at the bigger picture. They may be having some constraints which you and I may not be aware of. Which do you prefer? To be sent a regret mail hurriedly or to be sent a success mail much later? As for me, I prefer the latter. They may even absorb more than the speculated 70 to 80, maybe not at once but in dribs and drabs. I am just hoping for the best cos # I STILL BELEIVE IN JAH'S UNDESERVED KINDNESS# see ya when results are out.

9 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 6:06am On Nov 06, 2015
naastyme:
E tire person o! We are not asking for any dogon turanshi....communicating the outcome of the AC is all we ask. Then only those who require to wait will. Others will move on. Is that too much to ask? Chai!!!
but they can't send some people off or keep some waiting when they are not sure of the of GTs they need and when they need them. It's a complex task, it's like defending the choice of WestVille. It's a herculean task.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2015
NanaF:

Depression (or maybe, Frustration) may come in again.. Who knows..
But the truth is, I wanted NLNG with all my heart. I dreamt it all day.. I chased for it..; unlike a situation where I had to pick up any available job so that I won't be idle., a job where my suggestions don't even matter a bit., a job where you just carry out instructions zombiecally without even asking questions, even against work codes and ethics., (so far it was issued by any of the directors).
With these, I know that such a thing will not happen to me in nlng..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2015
Lols... the way people talk about NLNG as if it is a chariatable organization looking out for the good all. NLNG is delaying right now because the management believes it is in their business interest to do so not because they want to absorb more prospective GT's.
ItsTime4me:
Good evening all. I can really understand how everyone is feeling right about now. For me? Hmm.... it's not easy either. But let me just share what's keeping me positive without being overly overwhelmed by the seeming delay by NLNG, before I hybernate until the results are out. Perhaps it could be of help to you, you or you. My gut feeling (which is right in most cases) tells me that the delay may be for our benefit. Come to think of it: is it difficult for them to just release the result and then absorb very few persons, considering their present slow business? Even if they don't want these few persons to resume now, do you think it's hard for them to just notify them of their success, like they did to forkadict and the like, and then ditch those who are not successful? I think these guys have plans for us and are looking at the bigger picture. They may be having some constraints which you and I may not be aware of. Which do you prefer? To be sent a regret mail hurriedly or to be sent a success mail much later? As for me, I prefer the latter. They may even absorb more than the speculated 70 to 80, maybe not at once but in dribs and drabs. I am just hoping for the best cos # I STILL BELEIVE IN JAH'S UNDESERVED KINDNESS# see ya when results are out.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2015
Lmao airsaylongcon I had to bring it to this thread. You're probably still basking in the euphoria... I remember when I had my first, it was like a dream come true, I was like "issalie!!!" I couldn't "belifit". May this usher in many more to come. grin

errmmm....sorry for derailing biko happy weekend kiss
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
tk4rd:
Depression (or maybe, Frustration) may come in again.. Who knows..
But the truth is, I wanted NLNG with all my heart. I dreamt it all day.. I chased for it..; unlike a situation where I had to pick up any available job so that I won't be idle., a job where my suggestions don't even matter a bit., a job where you just carry out instructions zombiecally without even asking questions, even against work codes and ethics., (so far it was issued by any of the directors).
With these, I know that such a thing will not happen to me in nlng..

Word!

Immediately I read her post, I knew immediately 'Dis one never work for serious winch company before.' Otherwise, she for no yarn like dat.

Never judge until you perfectly understand the person's situation.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
ladyF:
Lmao airsaylongcon I had to bring it to this thread. You're probably still basking in the euphoria... I remember when I had my first, it was like a dream come true, I was like "issalie!!!" I couldn't "belifit". May this usher in many more to come. grin

errmmm....sorry for derailing biko happy weekend kiss

wetin happen to maguy?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
forkadict:

Word!

Immediately I read her post, I knew immediately 'Dis one never work for serious winch company before.' Otherwise, she for no yarn like dat.

Never judge until you perfectly understand the person's situation.

You don't know me or where I work. You don't know if it's even worse than what he's describing.

I'm not judging him but it's a bad attitude to have at a current job. If NLNG delays communication till next year March, so he'll just keep on being frustrated at his job till then?

You didn't see where he mentioned being a 'happy jolly good fellow' at work and how colleagues would have noticed the change.

How come he was happy before? It will affect his performance at his job even for a situation where he would have otherwise overcome in the past. Google 'emotional intelligence'

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Heart2heart(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
O boy Saudi aramaco no follow for oil and gas company again abeg. Those guys suppose dey float football club.[Aquote author=airsaylongcon post=39717463]

It's like you haven't been "toasted" by Saudi Aramco #bloodMoney[/quote]
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
NanaF:

You don't know me or where I work. You don't know if it's even worse than what he's describing.

I'm not judging him but it's a bad attitude to have at a current job. If NLNG delays communication till next year March, so he'll just keep on being frustrated at his job till then?

You didn't see where he mentioned being a 'happy jolly good fellow' at work and how colleagues would have noticed the change.

How come he was happy before? It will affect his performance at his job even for a situation where he would have otherwise overcome in the past. Google 'emotional intelligence'
Well.. Being frustrated is one thing.
Doing something about it is another thing..
I have learnt to stop thinking about NLNG whenever I am at work., and it is helping a lot..
But then, it became very clear to me that the present working environment is not just Okay at all.
Emotional Intelligence is different from Emotional Suppression...
Emotional intelligence
(noun)
The capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically..
Someone that smiles when he is actually sad and troubled deep inside his heart is not Emotionally Intelligent.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
NanaF:

(1)You don't know me or where I work. You don't know if it's even worse than what he's describing.

(2)I'm not judging him but it's a bad attitude to have at a current job. (3)If NLNG delays communication till next year March, so he'll just keep on being frustrated at his job till then?

(4) You didn't see where he mentioned being a 'happy jolly good fellow' at work and how colleagues would have noticed the change.

(5)How come he was happy before? It will affect his performance at his job even for a situation where he would have otherwise overcome in the past. (6) Google 'emotional intelligence'

(1) Fair enough. But what you may be facing may fade to insignificance when juxtaposed with what he is facing as well.

(2) I'm not judging him... but IT'S A BAD ATTITUDE. This sounds contradictory.

(3)our thresholds for situations as humans differ from individual to individual. That may be a big deal for you. But for someone like me who has known frustration on a first name basis, waiting from now till March is child's play. At least in my case, I waited from October to April whilst refreshing my yahoo mail almost every ten minutes all that while. Beside, who says he couldn't switch jobs tomorrow or next week at least till NLNG gets back to him? And if it's positive (and i'm sure it will be) he switches again.

(4) I did.

(5) @tk4rd is in the best position to tell why he was happy before. I am not willing to hold brief for him. But as for his mood impacting negatively on his performance at work? My response is 'not necessarily.' Again speaking from my personal experience. At least mine wasnt. Same appraisal rating over the years.

(6) I just had to ROTFLMAO at this. It might interest you that I had my first training by an American based consultant on emotional intelligence in 2006. My question to you is where we're you in 2006? This is disregarding a few other training sessions I have had on the same subject from then till date.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by whatsupguys: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
forkadict:

(1) Fair enough. But what you may be facing may fade to insignificance when juxtaposed with what he is facing as well.

(2) I'm not judging him... but IT'S A BAD ATTITUDE. This sounds contradictory.

(3)our thresholds for situations as humans differ from individual to individual. That may be a big deal for you. But for someone like me who has known frustration on a first name basis, waiting from now till March is child's play. At least in my case, I waited from October to April whilst refreshing my yahoo mail almost every ten minutes all that while. Beside, who says he couldn't switch jobs tomorrow or next week at least till NLNG gets back to him? And if it's positive (and i'm sure it will be) he switches again.

(4) I did.

(5) @tk4rd is in the best position to tell why he was happy before. I am not willing to hold brief for him. But as for his mood impacting negatively on his performance at work? My response is 'not necessarily.' Again speaking from my personal experience. At least mine wasnt. Same appraisal rating over the years.

(6) I just had to ROTFLMAO at this. It might interest you that I had my first training by an American based consultant on emotional intelligence in 2006. My question to you is where we're you in 2006? This is disregarding a few other training sessions I have had on the same subject from then till date.
Why hast thee choosest to finish thou she?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
jsleekysleeky:
Lols... the way people talk about NLNG as if it is a chariatable organization looking out for the good all. NLNG is delaying right now because the management believes it is in their business interest to do so not because they want to absorb more prospective GT's.
Nice one. But you would agree with me that their business interest, like you put it, might be to expand their their business (remember the much talked-about train 7). And if that is the case (mind you I said 'if that is the case') they may need more hands. No one is saying that NLNG is a philanthropic organisation. Like I stated, no one knows the exact reason for the delay but we are just hoping for the best. They 'may' be looking at the bigger picture. However it is, # I STILL BELEIVE IN JAH'S UNDESERVED KINDNESS# hybernates again.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
Forkaddict, good for you. 2006 is a 9 (Nine) years ago, mine is very fresh in my memory. I'm glad your past employers spent that money. You can now make your 'emotional intelligence' training useful in your advice to him.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
NanaF:
Forkaddict, good for you. 2006 is a 9 (Nine) years ago, mine is very fresh in my memory. I'm glad your past employers spent that money. You can now make your 'emotional intelligence' training useful in your advice to him.

Oh! Now I get it. So because you are fresh from a training on emotional intelligence you think the next thing is to go about preaching it like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ right? You obviously didn't read my post well. I said I attended a few sessions after the one of 2006 with the last being 2014. Mine is also very fresh in my memory.

As for the last paragraph in your post, I guess we all can not be emotional intelligence evangelists so to speak.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bet atink una know say una wan fight. Una need reflee? Or una fit do d following:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 10:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
NanaF:
Take it easy.. No be fight jarre..
By the way, Emotional Intelligence does not Only apply to places of work..
It can also apply right here on this page.
How you relate to people matters a lot.
When I was expressing frustration with my current place of work, an empathic person should not just come with "Hey you are wrong.. this is badd. bla bla bla".. Nothing prevents you from relating with my already slacken emotions, cheering me up, and then, giving me some solutions...
Or were you taught in your Emotional Intelligence trainings to always flash it in peoples' faces how bad they are with "Emotional Intelligence".?? Were you not taught "Empathy".??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
This is the end of Page 203 hehehe grin grin grin

P.T.O.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.