Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1224534 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2016
prelinctus:
So y'all are tackling freeradical for voicing out his opinion albeit emotional? Bunch of cowards.

MODS! Where are you all? This dude is trying to instigate e-violence.

Thanks
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 4:20pm On May 06, 2016
A little description here, there are two classes I'll consider: Those who see nothing wrong with prolonged "due course" (A), and those who see otherwise (B).

Many states in Nigeria are owing salaries, the prime sources of money have shrunk from federal allocation.

A: It is not the governor's fault so nothing wrong with this situation. He will pay in due course once the money comes. Let us pray for the nation and wait, there is nothing we can do. At least it is not just state Z that is owing.

B: It is wrong to owe people salaries, though it is a nationwide problem. States should have diversified earlier even if the Federal did not. Also there is apparently a tough underlying problem; the working population is not creating enough value to pay itself hence they will either be run inefficiently or overstaffed. If this key problem is resolved within a few months, salaries will be always promptly paid.

Can we all see the difference the different kinds of thinking can significantly change a whole lot?

Please kindly think big picture.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Badema: 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Pls oo where are?
@airsaylongcon
@uchboggy
@forkadict
@artmedia
@barbiesparkz2
@ladyF
@NanaF
@Freeradical
@vantage7
@MrSneh
@Switlife
@dway4ward
@prelinctus
@itstime4me
@sexyjob
@ezinne1990
@technocrat12
@dane15
@dfavouredone
@jarus

Happy weekend to you all.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
dway4ward:
A little description here, there are two classes I'll consider: Those who see nothing wrong with prolonged "due course" (A), and those who see otherwise (B).

Many states in Nigeria are owing salaries, the prime sources of money have shrunk from federal allocation.

A: It is not the governor's fault so nothing wrong with this situation. He will pay in due course once the money comes. Let us pray for the nation and wait, there is nothing we can do. At least it is not just state Z that is owing.

B: It is wrong to owe people salaries, though it is a nationwide problem. States should have diversified earlier even if the Federal did not. Also there is apparently a tough underlying problem; the working population is not creating enough value to pay itself hence they will either be run inefficiently or overstaffed. If this key problem is resolved within a few months, salaries will be always promptly paid.

Can we all see the difference the different kinds of thinking can significantly change a whole lot?

Please kindly think big picture.
These does not relate. No one is saying NLNG is right to have delayed this recruitment. They are wrong and the mistake I think they may have made is not taking in entry level employees every year. If they have been doing this ,They would have been able to cope with the present industry realities. It's a learning point. However, the debate here is the planned bombardment, sending mails which many see as unnecessary. An employee is entitled to his wage. A potential employee is entiled to feed back of his interview. That you had in the" due course " message. There is no law that states that a feedback should be sent monthly. Do you think there are no legal advisors in NLNG? Or you think it's a win for you if you go to court? An employee being owed salaried will win in court. There is a sign contract between the employee and the employer. I am not sure you signed any agreement with NLnG yet. If a " graduate Trainee " is asked to take on responsibilities previously attached to someone with 10 years experience. Can he / she do it? . Your role requires loads of training and mentorship. Time commitment from all employees including the management. A single mistake at the plant in bonny can wipe out the community.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Adfgghjj
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:42pm On May 06, 2016
I know for a fact that it is entirely at the prospective employers prerogative to decide
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2016
Badema:
Pls oo where are?
@airsaylongcon
@uchboggy
@forkadict
@artmedia
@barbiesparkz2
@ladyF
@NanaF
@Freeradical
@vantage7
@MrSneh
@Switlife
@dway4ward
@prelinctus
@itstime4me
@sexyjob
@ezinne1990
@technocrat12
@dane15
@dfavouredone
@jarus

I full ground my brother. Happy weekend to you.

I am not sure it is going to be a nice weekend for me. Customs have impounded my containers. (2 in number )

***No crying emoji on nairaland***
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 4:51pm On May 06, 2016
forkadict:
I know for a fact that it is entirely at the prospective employers prerogative to decide

When to hire. All we see here is only an invitation to treat. Lawyers in the land please correct me if I am wrong.

# LawofContract
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Badema: 5:00pm On May 06, 2016
forkadict:

I full ground my brother. Happy weekend to you.

I am not sure it is going to be a nice weekend for me. Customs have impounded my containers. (2 in number )

***No crying emoji on nairaland***

Wow I pray you get it resolved as soon as possible!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2016
Imagine if Naija is planning to bring in 1,960 refugees from a war torn country. The refugees thought it would happen sharperly. But because they are not in naija, they don't know why the process is dragging.

But then Kemi Adeosun makes a broadcast to Nigerians and says 'Fellow compatriots, the process of bringing in our beloved refugee brothers is at an advance stage.'

And Muhammadu Buhari agrees to this.

Oh I remember those years with nostalgia when we had refugees from Sierra Leone in Naija. They were camped somewhere in o gun state. Hail Naija o. The giant of Africa.

#RantsOfAPersonThatHasSmokedIgboBelleful.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Badema: 5:03pm On May 06, 2016
forkadict:

When to hire. All we see here is only an invitation to treat. Lawyers in the land please correct me if I am wrong.

# LawofContract

Pls oo! Oga tell them ooo! It's very simple! The bank of a river is not a matching ground for the blind
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MrSneh: 5:18pm On May 06, 2016
Badema:
Pls oo where are?
@airsaylongcon
@uchboggy
@forkadict
@artmedia
@barbiesparkz2
@ladyF
@NanaF
@Freeradical
@vantage7
@MrSneh
@Switlife
@dway4ward
@prelinctus
@itstime4me
@sexyjob
@ezinne1990
@technocrat12
@dane15
@dfavouredone
@jarus

Chief @Badema I kuku full ground like sand. Since NLNG is still "playing with the numbers" to be recruited, I can only relax with my red cup and be looking till they are done #WetinManGoDo

For those that may be interested and didn't have the opportunity to watch Babs' interview this morning:

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/05/06/nigeria-has-over-200-years-of-gas-omotowa/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Happy weekend sir!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 5:20pm On May 06, 2016
Badema:
Pls oo where are?
@airsaylongcon
@uchboggy
@forkadict
@artmedia
@barbiesparkz2
@ladyF
@NanaF
@Freeradical
@vantage7
@MrSneh
@Switlife
@dway4ward
@prelinctus
@itstime4me
@sexyjob
@ezinne1990
@technocrat12
@dane15
@dfavouredone
@jarus

Master, I hail thee. I don book ticket it haf tayed. Standing at the NLNG jetty, waiting for Oga Bab's and Oga Odjoji's whistles.

@freeradical biko were nwanyo, E je bure . Please let's not react like a radical (remembering Uni Chemistry). You don't need everyone's approval to send the email. A simple vote will solve the matter. Moreover, I thought it has been shifted till June? Why are we still bickering and biting each other when we are supposed to be praying that the big dogs who want us to resume should be biting the other dogs?

Let's not get angry when we advise someone to change his/her opinions. Advice na market, I fit buy i fit nor buy nothing spoil.
Let's never argue and try to force our opinions down another person's throat.

Let's live with honor and if you come up with a rejected suggestion don't continue defending it at the expense of logic. Always appreciate a superior argument and refuse to be blinded by EGO.

We are one family. Happy Weekend.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 5:25pm On May 06, 2016
majekdom2:
These does not relate. No one is saying NLNG is right to have delayed this recruitment. They are wrong and the mistake I think they may have made is not taking in entry level employees every year. If they have been doing this ,They would have been able to cope with the present industry realities. It's a learning point. However, the debate here is the planned bombardment, sending mails which many see as unnecessary. An employee is entitled to his wage. A potential employee is entiled to feed back of his interview. That you had in the" due course " message. There is no law that states that a feedback should be sent monthly. Do you think there are no legal advisors in NLNG? Or you think it's a win for you if you go to court? An employee being owed salaried will win in court. There is a sign contract between the employee and the employer. I am not sure you signed any agreement with NLnG yet. If a " graduate Trainee " is asked to take on responsibilities previously attached to someone with 10 years experience. Can he / she do it? . Your role requires loads of training and mentorship. Time commitment from all employees including the management. A single mistake at the plant in bonny can wipe out the community.

Looking at it from my own angle, it does.

The dude/lady simply explained how 2 different attitudes towards a challenge/problem/situation can affect the outcome (immediate and long-term). It's illustrative.

There's a situation on ground (at least from the GTs angle), Two options we have;

A) Do something - Try and provoke a feedback from coy in the most 'civil' way - we cannot die!, whatever is less open-ended than the last one will do.
B) Do Nothing - Get busy with your lives as if NLNG does not exist and just wait it out no matter how long it takes (Looks easiest... I wish!)

We are all different beings, we reason and process thoughts differently.

My own take; it costs nothing to try, it cannot jeopardize anything. Whatever medium or method we decide to adopt is fine, but we can do more than 'sit and wait, watching the clock tick'. If not for anything, for the self actualisation that one has 'tried'.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
majekdom2:
nawa ooo. Make dem hire you for nothing What do you want to hear again? That it has been cancelled or put on hold. Well, if you will get a different response, Fine. I hope someone in Hr can engage you.
Guy, we are just going about in circles here (much to the joy of ezinne1990 grin grin) so I think we shud just wrap it up here. You dont just see NLNG culpable in this awkward situation the 2013 GT recruitment is currently in. Read my earlier submissions and you will see where that I blame NLNG for not tieing every knot before going ahead to advertise for GT recruitment. They should have budgeted for all these bottlenecks and be able to make quick decisions in the right direction where there are unforeseen hiccups. The major reason they are recruiting is for the continuity of their company. If i meet their skill, attitude and qualification I will be selected and if I dont I will be dropped its as simple as that. The day they floated that advert on the web and we applied we have become stakeholders in this process (because they cant run the company into the future without employing fresh talents) so brother I understand you want to act all understanding but sometime its good to let people know where they have shortcoming so they can improve on that and become better. I know @NLNG will appreciate constructive criticism and we here will never do anything to smear the company's name or good image because we demand feedback. Our plight is just that we want this exhausted process completed already. That's not so bad to ask for na......abi you sef u never tire grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lcoq: 5:38pm On May 06, 2016
forkadict:
Imagine if Naija is planning to bring in 1,960 (same figures) refugees from a war torn country. The refugees thought it would happen sharperly. But because they are not in naija, they don't know why the process is dragging.

But then Kemi Adeosun makes a broadcast to Nigerians and says 'Fellow compatriots, the process of bringing in our beloved refugee brothers is at an advance stage.'
(almost concluded)
And Muhammadu Buhari agrees to this. (Approved)

They were camped somewhere in o gun state. (Accomodation Settled)

#RantsOfAPersonThatHasSmokedIgboBelleful.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2016
Happy weekend folks

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2016
forkadict:
Happy weekend folks
Baba, I sabi where u dey go o cheesy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 5:50pm On May 06, 2016
Djbaka:

Baba, I sabi where u dey go o cheesy

Shoooo. See me see wahala. Where I dey go? LOL.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2016
Badema:

Wow I pray you get it resolved as soon as possible!
I hope you know the nature of the containers @forkadict is into....ask well oo before you go cut share inside another man sin! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by MrSneh: 5:56pm On May 06, 2016

Imagine if Naija is planning to bring in 1,960 (same figures) refugees from a war torn country. The refugees thought it would happen sharperly. But because they are not in naija, they don't know why the process is dragging.

(almost concluded)
And Muhammadu Buhari agrees to this. (Approved)

They were camped somewhere in o gun state. (Accomodation Settled)

#RantsOfAPersonThatHasSmokedIgboBelleful

The CIAs have begun grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 5:58pm On May 06, 2016
MrSneh:

Chief @Badema I kuku full ground like sand. Since NLNG is still "playing with the numbers" to be recruited, I can only relax with my red cup and be looking till they are done #WetinManGoDo
For those that may be interested and didn't have the opportunity to watch Babs' interview this morning:
http://www.channelstv.com/2016/05/06/nigeria-has-over-200-years-of-gas-omotowa/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Happy weekend sir!

@MrSneh,

I have watched the Channels clip and this got me thinking. Rather than fold hands and watch other competitors spring up like Olokola and Brass would it make sense for NLNG to acquire them and run them as full subsidiaries of NLNG if Train 7 is being delayed because of Political intrigues?

Why not acquire Olokola and Brass? I am sure NNPC may be willing to sell for cheap considering that all other investors in these white elephant projects are pulling out?
The Directors of these acquisitions will be top managers from NLNG just like NNPC seconded Oga Inuwa.
Approving the acquisition, maybe difficult but afterwards, NLNG seconded Directors (who should be majorly NLNG staff and not any of the secondees from the NLNG shareholders) can " somehow" approve expansion of their 100% owned subsidiaries without all the headaches that come with seeking all stakeholders' approval for Trains 7, 8, 9 et al. They will then get more dividends and gradually make Nigeria become number one in Gas exportation.

It will be easier for NLNG to run because of the experience garnered. NNPC will know that they still have 49% of 100% in the companies and Nigeria will benefit from more money.

There will also be more GT recruitments. Looolz. grin

Can anyone explain to me how the "somehow" can work? We will send the best answer to Oga Babs. Here is your assignment for the weekend.

The next one shall be from Baba Addict!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 6:01pm On May 06, 2016
I wish u all a happy weekend
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 6:10pm On May 06, 2016
The model answer will be sent to Oga Babs. Prospective 2013 GTs thinking for the future and earning their salaries already.
dane15:

@MrSneh,
I have watched the Channels clip and this got me thinking. Rather than fold hands and watch other competitors spring up like Olokola and Brass would it make sense for NLNG to acquire them and run them as full subsidiaries of NLNG if Train 7 is being delayed because of Political intrigues?
Why not acquire Olokola and Brass? I am sure NNPC may be willing to sell for cheap considering that all other investors in these white elephant projects are pulling out?
The Directors of these acquisitions will be top managers from NLNG just like NNPC seconded Oga Inuwa.
Approving the acquisition, maybe difficult but afterwards, NLNG seconded Directors (who should be majorly NLNG staff and not any of the secondees from the NLNG shareholders) can " somehow" approve expansion of their 100% owned subsidiaries without all the headaches that come with seeking all stakeholders' approval for Trains 7, 8, 9 et al. They will then get more dividends and gradually make Nigeria become number one in Gas exportation.
It will be easier for NLNG to run because of the experience garnered. NNPC will know that they still have 49% of 100% in the companies and Nigeria will benefit from more money.
Can anyone explain to me how the "somehow" can work? We will send the best answer to Oga Babs. Here is your assignment for the weekend.

If Moses will not go to the mountain, the mountain will go to Moses. grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2016
I can't get tired of wishing my folks a Hapi weekend
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2016
MrSneh:

The CIAs have begun grin grin grin
You nailed it bro! Code cracked.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2016
Does passing of the budget have anything to do with NLnG GT recruitment? Just asking.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 6:22pm On May 06, 2016
Baba Addict,

I believe your code die.

The issue wey cause gbege ds morning nor be wetin ur code talk as per wia boys go put head or d hala wey Mama Adeosun yarn.

The gbege be on top say we dey find hu go fit define "In due Course".

That oyinbo don cause kasala nor be small. Na now, we dey end the wrestling match. Den don blow people eye, ear mouth. Eyes don red.

Abeg, people dey on dir marks o, na whistle dey hol dem. Make Madam blow whistle fast or make she define d oyinbo because if she nor quick do an wetin happen for 1914 go repeat hinsef.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 6:22pm On May 06, 2016
dane15:

@MrSneh,

Your suggestion is good but would be very difficult to be actualised. The reason is because NLNG is a JV company and imagine what the probability of all four shareholders of NLNG agreeing to making this supposed acquisition a reality. Remember also that buying over those companies you mention will involve a huge capital investment and there is also the question of additional investment to get it up to production state where it can start raking in the cash. The management of these subsidiaries will be the least of the problem here as Nigeria has more than capable hand. Coughing up the cash is where the problem is. I'm not sure all four parties will ever agree to cough out that kind of money in this our current economic melee. Even NNPC need it's share of the profit from NLNG as Nigeria is in dire need of funds to actualise it's budget.
Though it's still a very good ideas sha..
.maybe it may just fly in d end
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 6:24pm On May 06, 2016
Nlng GT recruitment VS budget 2016

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2016
Bobz na wa o. It is not a easy chumchin.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 6:27pm On May 06, 2016
I have been trying to get their worth since but to no avail. Can someone help?

What would be the worth of OKLNG and or Brass LNG?

Enough impairment in value after all these years, I guess!

I saw Baba Babs with Prof. Osinbajo in a pix ds week. Lobbying and political pressure can be useful at times. Just whisper the right words. You never can tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.