Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225520 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by nomapatricks(m): 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Collintos:

True@ Pat...Dat one don strt 4 lag tete sef. ..be4 u go even enter my company HQ for lag scanning tinz evry time. ..hmmm dis stuff is really putting pressure and more stress on our corporate and health systems

God have mercy sha and make our dreams come through despite this national challenge

wow!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dfavouredone:

Sincerely, I pity them. Especially two of my guys, one get PTDF and the other got NLNG postgraduate scholarship.

They nor fit sleep again.

Though one side of my mind they pray make all this scholarship guys go make our competition reduce; the other side of my mind is feeling for them. To ensure fair play after coming this far especially where AC is about team work - watching the other man's back and displaying leadership.

Anyhow it goes: Let the Will of thy Lord be done. Amen

Lol...anyone that's thinking going outside the country for some of us travelling means a lower number of AC attendees is kidding himself. I am already making plans to come back for the interview at any time t. See u guys then smiley

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
denass16:

Lol...anyone that's thinking going outside the country for some of us travelling means a lower number of AC attendees is kidding himself. I am already making plans to come back for the interview at any time t. See u guys then smiley
The plain truth is this: Even if you come back not everyone will come back. So it will definitely reduce the number but that is not even a problem. Que sera sera
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
okeyjames:
The plain truth is this: Even if you come back not everyone will come back. So it will definitely reduce the number but that is not even a problem. Que sera sera

Jeez i sooooooo dislike that quote.. And dats in no way about u bro... Peace
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
scarletdp:

Lol...that's how I see life. In any situation you find yourself in life, after you have done your part what will be will be
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
scarletdp:

Same here.. People do not realize the immense power they have to direct their destinations.
(there's even a manual that shows us The Way) that quote,'que sera sera', submits us to random occurrences but the truth is there is nothing random about who we are or where we are. Anything opposite to that isn't embracing random but simply a step backwards to "anti-design".
Do you not know that ye are gods...?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
scarletdp:

I concur... Also hate d Yoruba word akosile (roforofo translation: written on d ground, i.e predestined)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
okeyjames:
Lol...that's how I see life. In any situation you find yourself in life, after you have done your part what will be will be

lol. well i blv that quote jst makes ppl lazy, we carve out our destiny with the decisions we make... i bet u blv der is one person made for u that your are meant to marry but that statement only becomes affirmative wen tins r going well in ur married life, cz its only wen tins r rough ppl begin anoda statement that goes 'maybe ds isnt who i'm meant to b with' when in the real sense to shw ur luv is true its wen tins r very rough. Which jst contradicts everythin
Kai i don talk anoda tin go lol... Nice one by the wizard tho..... anyways its different strokes for diff folks... whateva helps u sleep at nyt.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
scarletdp:

lol. well i blv that quote jst makes ppl lazy, we carve out our destiny with the decisions we make... i bet u blv der is one person made for u that your are meant to marry but that statement only becomes affirmative wen tins r going well in ur marriage life, cz its only wen tins r rough ppl begin anoda statement that goes 'maybe ds isnt who i'm meant to b with' when in the real sense to shw ur luv is true its wen tins r very rough.
Kai i don talk anoda tin go lol... Nice one by the wizard tho..... anyways its different strokes for diff folks... whateva helps u sleep at nyt.
Nice tho. My people usually say "uche onye adihia njo" meaning a man's thought is usually best for him.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Spiro007: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am happy I am finally able to post on this thread after months of reading and learning from other peoples' comments. Special thanks to d guy that posts very important info (the guy that answered 10 questions afta getting restricting instructions from HR, and d Ebola post....can't recall his username).

Meanwhile, I will like to post on the riddle on crossing. One thing I will like to stress is that for every puzzle, there is sumtin to give specific attention to....in this case, the emphasis was "cross the bridge" and not necessarily every one being on the other side of the bridge at the end, hence, it is possible to cross the bridge in 12mins. Here is my analysis:

Audu and Amaka cross = 2mins
Audu returns to bring back torch = 1min
Adeyinka and Adesuwa cross = 7mins
Amaka returns to bring back torch = 2mins
Total of 12minutes.

I know sum1will criticise this but the truth is even though Audu and Am aka are back at the starting point point, they have crossed the bridge which is the requirement of the puzzle. My opinion and answer to the puzzle.

I take a bow bosses.

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Spiro007:
Meanwhile, I will like to post on the riddle on crossing. One thing I will like to stress is that for every puzzle, there is sumtin to give specific attention to....in this case, the emphasis was "cross the bridge" and not necessarily every one being on the other side of the bridge at the end, hence, it is possible to cross the bridge in 12mins. Here is my analysis:

Total of 12minutes.

I know sum1will criticise this but the truth is even though Audu and Am aka are back at the starting point point, they have crossed the bridge which is the requirement of the puzzle. My opinion and answer to the puzzle.

I take a bow bosses.
*Scrutinizes him*
What you just wrote sir, is lovely !!
That's what I call thinking outside over the box grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DMainMan: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
denass16:

ar u really goin to kom bak. Dere is job dere o. no dulling.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tygrins007: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
SQLmaster1:
*Scrutinizes him*
What you just wrote sir, is lovely !!
That's what I call thinking outside over the box grin
My first post on nairaland has to go to @Spiro007 you are too gbasky for this comment

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tygrins007: 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
SoS
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Spiro007: I am happy I am finally able to post on this thread after months of reading and learning from other peoples' comments. Special thanks to d guy that posts very important info (the guy that answered 10 questions afta getting restricting instructions from HR, and d Ebola post....can't recall his username).
Total of 12minutes.
I take a bow bosses.
Dis aint tinkin outside d box, I'll say he got rid of d damn box

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Spiro007: I am happy I am finally able to post on this thread after months of reading and learning from other peoples' comments. Special thanks to d guy that posts very important info (the guy that answered 10 questions afta getting restricting instructions from HR, and d Ebola post....can't recall his username).

Total of 12minutes.

I take a bow bosses.

If all you want is for everyone to cross atleast once, then Amaka would not need to come back. You save 2mins and get your job done in 10mins. But, you sincerely threw the box away. What happened to implied meaning?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
Spiro007:
tygrins007:
lokos007:
hmmm.
I SMELL SOMETHING

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Uchboggy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
This wait is no longer funny!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Spiro007: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
lokodon:
If all you want is for everyone to cross atleast once, then Amaka would not need to come back. You save 2mins and get your job done in 10mins. But, you sincerely threw the box away. What happened to implied meaning?

Yea....I agree but since the puzzle wanted 12mins, we gotta play by the rules smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 02, 2014

Total of 12minutes.

I take a bow bosses.

@Spiro007; your answer is very possible and can be the solution to the puzzle but Amaka does not have to return with the touch and that will be crossing the bridge under 12 minutes. I am withdrawing my previous statement which was implying that it was impossible to cross the bridge in the stipulated time.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by chuqqym: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Uchboggy: This wait is no longer funny!
@uchboggy: u have to make this wait funny o. Do something with the time...cheers
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by kblaze111: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2014

Total of 12minutes.

I take a bow bosses.
excellently done, you just smashed the box and threw it away.
some of us had concluded it wasnt possible

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2014
DMainMan:

ar u really goin to kom bak. Dere is job dere o. no dulling.

@Dmainman...berra wake up and smell d coffee o. Unless ur scholarship is in Canada there ain't no jobs in d UK. not for non-European citizens o. Even European citizens dey use Nokia torchlight find d work talk less of us Africans... Nigerian companies are spending a tidy sum to train scholars abroad, I think it is only fair these scholars comeback and contribute to d development of d country. If they really are scholars they will be snapped up while rounding up their studies there

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2014

Total of 12minutes.

I take a bow bosses.

My team gave a similar solution. We were asked the rationale behind who was left behind. And what happened to team work and team unity. Ur solution broke the box and also broke the team....

Good lateral thinking though. As the team lead will you be willing to sacrifice a team member to meet a target? Remember that one of NLNG's values is CARING

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Magicc: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2014
airsaylongcon:

@Dmainman...berra wake up and smell d coffee o. Unless ur scholarship is in Canada there ain't no jobs in d UK. not for non-European citizens o. Even European citizens dey use Nokia torchlight find d work talk less of us Africans... Nigerian companies are spending a tidy sum to train scholars abroad, I think it is only fair these scholars comeback and contribute to d development of d country. If they really are scholars they will be snapped up while rounding up their studies there
They get offers but they don't have work permit. In UK, if a briton can do the work, a foreigner can do the work, choose the briton. Not that they are not scholars. This guy your post sometime ehn. For una information, this NLNG GT AC go tay small make una concentrate for anoda thing o. Due to Ebola.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
Magicc:
They get offers but they don't have work permit. In UK, if a briton can do the work, a foreigner can do the work, choose the briton. Not that they are not scholars. This guy your post sometime ehn. For una information, this NLNG GT AC go tay small make una concentrate for anoda thing o. Due to Ebola.

You probably read me wrong...I never said they didn't get offers. I said there are no jobs. If you get an offer and you do not have the right to work does that mean you got the job? Re-read by comment about them be scholars, a real scholar will NEVER find it dificult finding a job in Nigeria or anywhere for that matter. So if nobi man-know-man scholar, job go dey wait am for naija when before e graduate from UK or wherever. Added bonus, you don't need to apply for work permit as a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okzcorp: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2014

Total of 12minutes.

I take a bow bosses.

Your analysis is gud buh just like airsay pointed out it will require a sacrifice. I have given a plausible solution in which they can cross the bridge within the set time. A comrade also offered similar solution.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okzcorp: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
FINALE:
All five persons can cross the bridge in 12mins. Plz scrutinize and criticize.
Going by Spiro's post that the emphasis is on "crossing the bridge", this validates my earlier proposition.

1. Audu and Amaka crosses the bridge in 2mins. There was no restriction on the direction of crossing, all we were told is dat they cross at the rate of the slower person.If it takes Audu 1min to cross and Amaka 2mins, it implies that while Amaka is still on the bridge with 1min left to cross, Audu had crossed the bridge. Amaka being in possession of the torch turns and head back to meet the others in 1min. Total time of crossing is 2mins (Amaka's rate) but in opposite directions.
2. The others cross the bridge in 7mins.
3. Audu returms with the torch in 1min.
4. Audu and Amaka will cross the bridge a second time buh this time in the same direction in 2mins.

Total time taken=12mins
NB:This was done IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR DIRECTION OF CROSSING and we weren't told they were restricted to any.
No member was left behind, all crossed to continue their terrifying imaginary journey.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
I am of the opinion that those of us with NLNG experiences like internship, contract or Bonny times come share them with the house. Especially, those that would give us more insight into the people and patterns of NLNG. This would help us know how to tackle the competency probes at the AC.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by lokodon(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
chuqqym: Something is telling me I would receive a mail for the AC invite from NLNG today before 4pm....fingers crossed. cheesy
Did you hear the thing's voice again. It's telling me next week. Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
okzcorp: FINALE:
All five persons can cross the bridge in 12mins. Plz scrutinize and criticize.
Going by Spiro's post that the emphasis is on "crossing the bridge", this validates my earlier proposition.

1. Audu and Amaka crosses the bridge in 2mins. There was no restriction on the direction of crossing, all we were told is dat they cross at the rate of the slower person.If it takes Audu 1min to cross and Amaka 2mins, it implies that while Amaka is still on the bridge with 1min left to cross, Audu had crossed the bridge. Amaka being in possession of the torch turns and head back to meet the others in 1min. Total time of crossing is 2mins (Amaka's rate) but in opposite directions.
2. The others cross the bridge in 7mins.
3. Audu returms with the torch in 1min.
4. Audu and Amaka will cross the bridge a second time buh this time in the same direction in 2mins.

Total time taken=12mins
NB: IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR DIRECTION OF CROSSING and we weren't of they were restricted to any.
No member was left behind, all crossed to continue their terrifying imaginary journey.
I'll start by giving kudos to Spiro.. Though it might not be the right solution, at least you gave the house a new dimension to view the puzzle. *chop-knuckle*

@okzcorp: Your idea is splendid, and it actually looks like a perfect solution, but I see you didn't consider the fact that they all have to cross the bridge in pairs with the torch and at the slowest person's rate. Remember...
(1.)it's a crocodile infested river in the middle of the night, and we don't know how long the bridge is. So Audu wouldn't be able to get to the other end while the torch lies with Amaka.
(2.) They are moving at Amaka's rate, which means they are moving at the speed of amaka. So Amaka can't possibly be in the middle of the bridge while Audu is at the other end.

The lowest time with the 'supposedly' right conditions this house has been able to come up with is 14mins. We can make 12mins. Yes, we can!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okzcorp: 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Djbaka: I'll start by giving kudos to Spiro.. Though it might not be the right solution, at least you gave the house a new dimension to view the puzzle. *chop-knuckle*

@okzcorp: Your idea is splendid, and it actually looks like a perfect solution, but I see you didn't consider the fact that they all have to cross the bridge in pairs with the torch and at the slowest person's rate. Remember...
(1.)it's a crocodile infested river in the middle of the night, and we don't know how long the bridge is. So Audu wouldn't be able to get to the other end while the torch lies with Amaka.
(2.) They are moving at Amaka's rate, which means they are moving at the speed of amaka. So Amaka can't possibly be in the middle of the bridge while Audu is at the other end.

The lowest time with the 'supposedly' right conditions this house has been able to come up with is 14mins. We can make 12mins. Yes, we can!

Thank you bro.Well They cross at the rate of the slowest person doesn't mean that they move together. For a bridge that will take Amaka 2mins to cross, we we were told Audu will take just 1min. The length is inconsiderate here, their rates are sufficient. The crocs are in the water.
How can Audu who can cross the bridge at the rate of 1min start moving at 2mins? The prompt didn't say so.

NB: They cross the bridge AT the rate of the slowest person (total time taken for crossings) not WITH the rate of the slowest person.(Faster person slowing down).
The fact that Audu and the 5min person can cross the bridge imply that the torch intensity is sufficient to see Audu reach the end of the bridge and not Audu reducing his pace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.