Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date (10013 Views)

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice. / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
Contestant 8: A standing ovation for you. I only hope the length of the essay is within the range. It is not easy to say YES to that topic ooo. Contestant 5 tried to totally nullfy YES, but you resist that. #clapping for you#
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by DesChyko1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
Holy Moses!! Is it every word that must be defined because it's a debate?! shocked

And everybody's quoting the bible..No Islamic peep here??
The debate is quite one-sided. Co-ordinators, endeavour to balance it next time, equal numbers of opponents. It'll be more fun and we would learn. And let them post it themselves in their reserved spaces jawe. The pampering is too much, Mother Hen.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Contestant no 9 is making sense! cool
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by xynerise: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
Holy Moses!! Is it every word that must be defined because it's a debate?! shocked
Your read my mind grin
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by baby124: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
jay bee:
Debaters are being scored against published criteria
Each criteria carries a maximum of 5 points
Each judge is required to give feedback
Above all, only the "content" criteria is susceptible to some level of bias

Oh ok. Thanks. I see the debates are somewhat anonymous. grin. I hope the judges are allowed to print their scores for each contestant here. Let us see grin
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Wow, this is so educative. They've all tried. Lemme sit and re read
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by baby124: 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
The content is kind of long though. Its Friday, baby is exhausted and the brain is slow. BRB embarassed

1 Like

Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 10:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Contestant 9: bravo!!!!!! On point
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pataki: Tgirl,

This is so unfair oh. I had just almost finished drafting my argument for the Cohabitation topic only to see the debate thread with the three topics you have selected.

What should I do?

Haaa!!! I feel like lol. Sorry dear.

That topic is still coming up in other rounds. Can u still work on any of the 3 topics b4 midnight?
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by boay(m): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
contestant 9: better introduction compared with the former ones. Nice style of presentation. Conclusion sha... and typos at the beginning
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
*yarning*
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by xynerise: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fynestboi: *yarning*
Spelling sha grin

''Yawning* tongue
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by LerrieJohn(f): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Well done presentation contestant 9. But why is the phrase "spare the rod and spoil the child" understood to reflect only physical abuse? I like that contestants 7 and 8 talked about discipline. I think that's the whole point. Discipline, correct or not...just my opinion!
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
xynerise:
Spelling sha grin

''Yawning* tongue
so
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
ifyalways: Why is Tgirl posting the debates? Makes the debte sort of boring.New handles should have been created and given to the contestants just before the debate starts. undecided

Hi madam,

That idea came to mind but we didn't want the whole thing to be complicated and cumbersome.

The beauty of this method aside the evident one is that the contestants need not be here physically for this round if they can't make it.

It's a lot of work for me, yea...but nothing compared to the time they had put into getting their arguments ready for the D-day.

Thanks for your input. smiley

1 Like

Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
boay: contestant 9: better introduction compared with the former ones. Nice style of presentation. Conclusion sha... and typos at the beginning

A lot of people wrote in a hurry. Time is not so friendly. sad
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Pataki: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Haaa!!! I feel like lol. Sorry dear.

That topic is still coming up in other rounds. Can u still work on any of the 3 topics b4 midnight?

No I cannot. My thoughts would be scattered. Also, I have read some of the arguments already tendered, it feels like cheating if I should jump in right now with my scattered thoughts.

I will rather read from the sidelines and look forward in the nearest future for another debate. If you still want me to send my written debate to you, I don't mind. Sorry for the disappointment nevertheless.

Cheers.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pataki:

No I cannot. My thoughts would be scattered. Also, I have read some of the arguments already tendered, it feels like cheating if I should jump in right now with my scattered thoughts.

I will rather read from the sidelines and look forward in the nearest future for another debate. If you still want me to send my written debate to you, I don't mind. Sorry for the disappointment nevertheless.

Cheers.

Ok. Send it to me. cheesy
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
What next 11pm
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Lawconfessor(f): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Whoa! Whoa!!
Well done all of u- dd a great work all.

Will leave d judges to deir work.
All i knw is dat from contestant 1-9 *thumbs"up* it is nt easy to participate- cos it does nt mean dt u guys had lots of free time in ur hands.

@Tgirl......a glass of fresh banana juice dear. *big hug*
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by sparklebaby: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Please, how can i read the write up from the participants? I'av checked every where.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Law-confessor:
Whoa! Whoa!!
Well done all of u- dd a great work all.

Will leave d judges to deir work.
All i knw is dat from contestant 1-9 *thumbs"up* it is nt easy to participate- cos it does nt mean dt u guys had lots of free time in ur hands.

@Tgirl......a glass of fresh banana juice dear. *big hug*

Thanks hon. How did u know I like banana? smiley
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
I've read from d beginning to where I will post this but can't c any presentation.

Hello
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Tgirl4real(f): 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fynestboi: What next 11pm

What next? Na to sleep na. Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tgirl4real:

What next? Na to sleep na. Lol. grin grin grin
sleep Result nko sad
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Fynestboi: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I've read from d beginning to where I will post this but can't c any presentation.

Hello
go Wear your glass na
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Many of the debaters did not address the complexities of the issues and there was a lot of narrow vision and platitudes being employed.

That said, 2 debaters stood out in terms of addressing complexities and the logical structure of their arguments.
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by baby124: 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Oyinbo repete........................................... undecided
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Sagamite(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
ifyalways: Why is Tgirl posting the debates? Makes the debte sort of boring.New handles should have been created and given to the contestants just before the debate starts. undecided

Take "Contestant X" as a handle name, olodo. tongue grin
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by luvablesam(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
I don't think ileobatojo(if dats d name) would make a good judge...she is very rude, Obnoxious, mean n wud make a terrible judge cos she is baised.....As she is in favour of a certain gender,she would never see anything good in what a contestant that writes in favor of the other gender on the topic 'Abuse' .

she would never be fair....my view
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
I said I didn't c any presentation and somebody is telling me to wear glasses.

I saw another moniker complaining of d same thing too.
Well, if we the audience can't follow d debate now, I wonder when its appropriate for us to do so.

(I even told a friend to view this. Had to concot an xplanation for her)
Una welldone.
*exists*
Re: Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date by baby124: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Tackle Naysayers / How Do I Fatten My Toddler? / My Wife Likes Sex Very Rough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.