Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) (27389 Views)

President Jonathan Will Lose His Hometown In 2015- Tonye Okio / Detained Sylva Loyalist, Okio, Sues Police Over Alleged Unlawful Detention / Former Gov Sylva’s Detained Aide(Tonye Okio) Sues Gov Dickson, Bayelsa Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Gbawe: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
anselm791: If this is their next course of action, then I'm afriad we might need to build bigger cells to accommodate the other 120 million GEJ's critics. Truth is we won't have to worry about what people say if we do a good job.

grin grin grin grin grin Abi OOOOO !!!
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
PointB: Let me digress a little.

They say Mr. Okio is an intellectual and the oppressor is the President, perhaps that's why his case has been given voice by our Resident Hypocrite, and his gangs.

When Nigerians were rounded up in the street, sent to detention camps for several months, unceremoniously and wickedly dumped by the foot of the bridge in the dead of the night, these same hypocrites claimed it was just and fair, and that the victims were destitute and derange, because their benefactor - Fashola was the aggressor in chief.

Perhaps since I don't know Mr. Okio from Adam, I could be justified in saying he is a destitute, even deranged, and is currently being rehabilitated in a Federal Rehabilitation center. I could say it with the same ferocity as the hypocrites who defended the deportation saga.

Those who come to equity must learn to come with clean hands.
why don't you call a spade a freaking spade?! If the topic was about tinubu's corruption..your likes woulda swarmed the thread like hungry roaches and feast on him with insults, but now the tables have been turned, rather than speak the glaring truth about jonathan's dictatorial act and rightfully condemn it, you'd rather resort to ur cheap and over-used comparison argument, especially using d corrupt south west leaders as example. Mister call a spade a damn spade!

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by adtiezy1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: What happened to freedom of expression and information? angry
..freedom of speech is what we have..freedom after speech that i cannot gurantee lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
Funpeter: Just like the armoured car scam taken to the joke sections abi
Of course, and am telling u d truth it wud be a good joke at crack my ribs when d armored car saga turns out fake.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by born2boink(m): 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: I thought such things like this happen only in military administration? Its so disappointing than Jonathan and Dickson are going about arresting their critics. What happened to freedom of expression and information? angry
Freedom of expression is guarantee but freedom after expression, that is what cannot be guarantee
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by danot1030: 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
waternogetenemy: Freedom of expression is not absolute, the world over. If u must talk, talk peace and not indoctrinate or incite rebellion/terrorism against the state.
u be yeye person.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
D clueless/shoeless dude has lost it!

1 Like

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
lygn19: As far as its coming from sahara reporters, this needs to be taken to the joke section.

And you need to be taken to and caged in the zoo!
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by tokunbobo(m): 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
shocked
waternogetenemy: Freedom of expression is not absolute, the world over. If u must talk, talk peace and not indoctrinate or incite rebellion/terrorism against the state.

Who told you he didn't talk peace and when did critisising the president turn to become terrorism agaInst the state shocked
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Faponmile(m): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
That is the way the world works. Any slur on the ruling class and the super rich must be promptly dealt with or the herd of the stupid masses will catch on. This is not about GEJ; it's about the ruling class. One of two things will happen: destroy him or co-opt him. That's the way it's always been.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by theplanmaker: 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
were is sincere nigerian? I want to hear his defence
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by dude99(m): 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
God will soon give all u senseless,shameful and insignificant leader in this country a mass punishment!Maybe you have forgotten that this is a Democratic Country.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Gboliwe: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Sahara reporters? undecided

If this is true, I wonder why the thousands of other critics are still walking free. How could it even be true? There is more to this arrest, assuming there was even an arrest

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by mojeer678: 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2013

Alas, you don't know what you're saying.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by ChikezieU(m): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
Something is wrong with this man. His rivals are there looking at him critisizing him every minute of the day yet you will never take a reasonable action against them because he fears them instead he goes for a small fish altering side talk on a "leading no were road". i dont he will ever overcome his enemies and if he is the type of leader that attacks a helpless man then his failure wont be a suprise, i just hope the story is not true or is twisted.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by willibounce: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
PointB: Let me digress a little.

They say Mr. Okio is an intellectual and the oppressor is the President, perhaps that's why his case has been given voice by our Resident Hypocrite, and his gangs.

When Nigerians were rounded up in the street, sent to detention camps for several months, unceremoniously and wickedly dumped by the foot of the bridge in the dead of the night, these same hypocrites claimed it was just and fair, and that the victims were destitute and derange, because their benefactor - Fashola was the aggressor in chief.

Perhaps since I don't know Mr. Okio from Adam, I could be justified in saying he is a destitute, even deranged, and is currently being rehabilitated in a Federal Rehabilitation center. I could say it with the same ferocity as the hypocrites who defended the deportation saga.

Those who come to equity must learn to come with clean hands.

If u are above 40yrs, I must say u are a FUULISSH man SIR. If u are below 40yrs, u are stilL FUULISH and need to get ur brain tested.

5 Likes

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by ChikezieU(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
booqee: why don't you call a spade a freaking spade?! If the topic was about tinubu's corruption..your likes woulda swarmed the thread like hungry roaches and feast on him with insults, but now the tables have been turned, rather than speak the glaring truth about jonathan's dictatorial act and rightfully condemn it, you'd rather resort to ur cheap and over-used comparison argument, especially using d corrupt south west leaders as example. Mister call a spade a damn spade!
When will you people stop tribalism, Nigeria will never become a united Nation. its has gone out of hand
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by lastmessenger: 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
lets tell the truth nobody will arrest an innocent man and detain him in a democratic setting.i red the report with an informed mind.the truth is this: the main aim of the report is to discredit Gej

1 Like

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by sarutobie(m): 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
PointB:

Here is one of them. Sahara Reporter perhaps trying to make a mountain of a mole hill (as they usually do) doctored this picture below to make it look like a huge crowd, and satisfy their reportage. The report (still on their site) was a lie and evidenced by the picture.

My dear, that is the modus oparandus of this Sahara Reporter fraudster - doctoring. As for Sowore, the least said about him here, the better!

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men
www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

This was first observed by the indefatigable Beaf

Anyway, let's stick to the topic.
Hehehehehehehe that picture is badt grin grin .hate him or love him Beaf na legend

2 Likes

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by willibounce: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
Damojo: Na that mumu Kayode Ogundamisi dem go arrest next. Make person siddon 4 UK dey abuse person wey fit feed em whole family just because he has access to free wi-fi, if GEJ nor catch am, Gani Adams boiz go kee am!

If dem born ur Papa and entire generation + ur president well, mke una go arrest am. U think say na olodo lyk una ppl u dey follow talk jargons. Eranko jati

1 Like

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by tawa89(f): 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
sarutobie:
Hehehehehehehe that picture is badt grin grin .hate him or love him Beaf na legend
LMAO Beaf was the greatest. No1 here comes close. One man squad beaf

1 Like

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by enigmang: 2:12am On Oct 30, 2013
According to publicly available information, [size=14pt]Mr. Okio was arrested on Saturday April 28,[/size] by officials of the Special Investigation Bureau (SIB) of the Nigeria Police and summarily taken to Yenagoa, where he is being detained in solitary confinement over his comments --- comments deemed critical of poor governance, corruption, and the hubris and excesses of government officials.

I still don't understand.. was he arrested in april and the news is just coming out
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 30, 2013
madam_oringo: I want to beseech the South Westerners to not get involved in this case, not because I do not personally feel for this man or that his cause is not just. Let us see if the SE will speak up for this injustice or the "oyel" people will speak up! Yorubas, do not get involved this time and let us see if Hilly Opara an iboman will do the right thing by confessing to the evil he has done on the prompting off the retardeenic GEJ. Maybe SR, Professor Soyinka, Falana, FFK, etc will just take a sabbatical for 6 months and let us see if what Ibos will do or the oyel owners will do to demand justice from this accursed generation of GEJ presidency and his ass eaters.

Sorry Mr. Okio, we've been trying for so long but they will eventually blame us and the Yoruba Lagos press for why you are kidnapped and then the APC, Tinubu, Fashola, etc. Let us see what will be done by these people.

Madam its not Ibo its IGBO, when will all this nonsense stop? And what has Igbo or SE got to do with this? As you can see the case clearly concerns the SS, so please take your misguided opinion some where else. Where is all this Igbo hate coming from? Are you guys not tired? Have ypu not had enough? For the umpteenth time its IGBO! nawa o....
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by dunnibaby: 3:22am On Oct 30, 2013
What a life,is this how we want to lead with the UN seat ? We love to be part of security.when we are not secured in our own country .no freedom of expression
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by whitecat007: 4:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Your sorry a.s.s need to wash the sheabutter off your eyes to see that your fellow ibos took over the thread and mentioned Yoruba first before the response you are crying over

Stop confusing people, you have always been ibos or what would you want to be called after igbo cos you have history of taken miles when given inches? igibo?
Rilamaka:

Madam its not Ibo its IGBO, when will all this nonsense stop? And what has Igbo or SE got to do with this? As you can see the case clearly concerns the SS, so please take your misguided opinion some where else. Where is all this Igbo hate coming from? Are you guys not tired? Have ypu not had enough? For the umpteenth time its IGBO! nawa o....
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: I thought such things like this happen only in military administration?
Oh yeah? You thought a man whose first state visits one week after becoming president was to dictators Musevini and Biya was what? You thought a man whose first bill to the National Assembly 3 weeks after becoming President was a cleverly disguised tenure elongation bill was what? You though a man who had no qualms asking Henry Okah to blow up fellow Nigerians and then blame the North was what? A man who runs around wearing Field Marshal, Air Marshal and every other Marshal Uniform every opportunity he gets was what? I bet if they didnt tell GEJ that Harry Marshall was a human being and not a rank in the Army hed have been thinking on how to wear him to a parade just to show who oga at the top is.

Dude, believe it or not youre in a Military dictatorship. And if GEJ wins 2015 youre in a whole hell of a lotta trouble because then he will never give up the post again because he knows what the repercussion will be when he does (i.e Prison). Then again, hes already prepared to burn down Nigeria if he loses.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by lastpage: 6:01am On Oct 30, 2013
waternogetenemy: Freedom of expression is not absolute, the world over. If u must talk, talk peace TRUTH [/b]and not indoctrinate or incite rebellion/terrorism against the state.
People like you need to discern between soothing the egos of those in power,... and [b]saying the TRUTH, which is absolute!

The Truth when said, does not always make everyone happy but it still has to be said, .... otherwise our society is doomed by "Yes-Men".

Just imagine if Obama has this mindset and abuse his power, do you not think al Republicans, Tea Party and other dissenting Americans would be in Gountanamo Jail by now?

Police intimidation of opponents is not allowed in a democratic society.
If Jonathan thinks they have said something UNTRUTHFUL OR LIBELOUS, as President, he is even in a better position to let his lawyer charge them to a Court of Law, be convicted and sentenced.

That is how real men do, not using state power to frighten those who dont agree with you.

Aso rock is never a permanent abode of anyone, what goes around will come around eventually.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by ckkris: 6:55am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: I thought such things like this happen only in military administration? Its so disappointing than Jonathan and Dickson are going about arresting their critics. What happened to freedom of expression and information? angry
When you break the LAW you will LEARN the difference between six and half a dozen.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by abagoro(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2013
This is an old news. Wonder why the poster made it seem like it happened this year.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by Jman06(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2013
booqee: why don't you call a spade a freaking spade?! If the topic was about tinubu's corruption..your likes woulda swarmed the thread like hungry roaches and feast on him with insults, but now the tables have been turned, rather than speak the glaring truth about jonathan's dictatorial act and rightfully condemn it, you'd rather resort to ur cheap and over-used comparison argument, especially using d corrupt south west leaders as example. Mister call a spade a damn spade!
But can the APC apologists and paid attack dogs that daily roam the internet to publish mischievous, grossly biased and mostly unfounded news about GEJ administration,ever publish anything on the so many evils of Fashola's administration?Or those of Tinubu and other APC governors?
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by eightsin(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2013
GEJ has never and is yet to arrest any of his critics. Stop saying GEJ did this, did that without any proof.
Re: Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) by ckkris: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2013
lastmessenger:
.the truth is this: the main aim of the report is to discredit Gej
Jona is quietly gathering the votes that will win in 2015.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets Prince Charles / IPOB Stands Proscribed, Terrorist Group – FG / Ayiri Emami Welcomes The Olu Of Warri To His Community - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.