Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

About Sap? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (144913 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2009
Hi Ogi,

A don dooam.

A beg mke yuu luuk inside yua domot fo Internet.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by braunnie: 3:01am On Mar 28, 2009
Oga Kiwi99

I still dey find am difficult beliv say e stil get persin lyk u on earth - wid dis kind sense of brodaliness n generosity
Wereva de strength n drive dey cum from, make e be duly rewarded oo. It's truly great!
And sincerely, I appreciate all efforts dedicated to this. I don really gain a lot - havn gone thru the posts

i get interest for Technical SAP (Netweaver WebDyn pro). In fact i don dey try contact SAP for Uni wia i fit do MSc with SAP related course,
b4 ma friend point me to dis forum.
Abeg abeg abeg, u fi helep me wid dem matiriel? macnadu@yahoo.com
nyemaka obula will be appreciated.
Once again, thanks amillion!

braun
Re: About Sap? by ogieriude: 3:29am On Mar 28, 2009
I am already running with all the information I got. Will be sharing more information in no time since I am a little more fortunate than a lot of people. I never knew a day like this will come. Thanks to you Oga kiwi.

Ogi
Re: About Sap? by scorpio1(m): 4:38am On Mar 28, 2009
Hello Ma brothers, been a long time, So glad to read posts here again.
Am still in Limbo, Yet to get a job with my terp10 Cert, ??
Is it that hard
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hi All,

BRAUN

Thanks for the kind words.

Just to say that what drives me is my personal exprience living in the UK.  After 34 years living here, I've come to the conclusion that if you don't look after your own, then nobody would.

When I say 'your own', I mean your own people, fellow-Nigerians, regardless of the one's tribal grouping 'cos that's not important.  What's most important is that we are all NIGERIANS, regardless.  We MUST help one another 'cos everybody out there does the same.  Everybody looks after their own, including the English, so MUST we, putting tribal sentiments aside.

As a kid, a lot of kindness was shown to me by members of my family, especially my dad, four uncles in particular and an auntie, considering that my mum had died when I was just seven years old.

Moreover, I've been very fortunate in life in that I've achieved all what I needed to achieve as well as got all what I want.  I can't ask for anymore.  I'm very happy and contented.  Most of all, I've been blessed with a good head.

It is for these reasons that I never find it hard to show kindness to others.  Moreover, I know that kindness begets kindness.  The one never knows when the one would need help - if you help others, help would ALWAYS come to you when you need it most.  Selfishness never gets anybody anywhere. 

A don dooam.  A beg mke yuu luuk inside yua domot fo Internet.

OGI

You're alright.  No probs.

SCORP

Nice to know you're still around. Your profile says you're in India.  What are you doing there anyway?  Studying or what?  I thought you were currently looking for work in Nigeria?  Hope you aren't blagging!

My advice to you would be to get certified as a Consultant as soon as possible 'cos the exam you passed recently is just the basic SAP navigation skills.  As you know, that doesn't make you a Consultant.  Please try and certify as soon as you can.  SAP would be big in Nigeria - take it from me.

Once you guys certify as SAP Consultants, you would be much better placed to get in there as the SAP market in Nigeria opens up with the proposed new investment in that country by SAP AG.  However, as the technology peaks, it would be difficult to get any headway 'cos of stiff competition from highly experienced foreign SAP Consultants wanting to grab those jobs in Nigeria.  It's better to be prepared for it by getting certified. 

As regards jobs, please remember that there is currently a global recession and so, many employers are holding off having to hire new staff.  That's only expected.  Just be patient and keep looking but most of all, please get certified as an SAP Consultant in the module of your choice.  That would put you in much better stead in the SAP job market.

Remember, you stand a good chance of getting an SAP Consultant's job in Nigeria, being that it's your country and you live there, added to the fact that the SAP market in Nigeria has yet to take-off, unlike the UK and USA where it has already peaked.

All the best to you.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by braunnie: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hi Kiwi,

Got it! Thanks alot. I'm moved,
Kindness will always beget kindness
THANKS!

Braun
Re: About Sap? by scorpio1(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2009
@Kiwi

Thanks a lot bro,you are the best,
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2009
Hi All,

SCORP

Thanks.

BRAUN

You're alright.  No probs.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by blacksta(m): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2009
Re: About Sap? by blacksta(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2009
abeg abeg o ooo

oga kiwi na me drop u email for ya internet pls make una help with da sap link]

i go wan better myself for this life.

oruko mi ni blacksta egbon e jo run mi lo wo

( my name is blacksta , brother please asist me )
Re: About Sap? by blacksta(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2009
A Message To SEUN

Hey Seun,

Would you please sort out your Nairaland membership registration system. I can not logon to Nairaland to answer posts.

I amended my membership details about seven days ago and was told by the registration system that an e-mail was going to be sent to me, containing my logon code.

Unfortunately, I haven't received any e-mail up 'til now. I even re-registered as kiwi992. still, no e-mail containing my registration code to enable me logon.

Would you please sort out the system as I'm sure, a lot of members/prospective members must be experiencing the same problem.

Thanks.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hello Guys,
been very busy the past couple of months,yeap,my guy kiwi is right,the economic meltdown has really hit the SAP world.We have actually made alot of people redundant,consultants are currently warming the benches,this is a very bad sign.But one area that we are always struggling with is JAVA.
Ever since SAP decided to 'open-up' that is program in a language other than ABAP we have been having problems,currently the designers of our java engine come out of bulgaria,while most of our support staff come out of india.
As they say 'a word is enough for the wise'.
every sap application is aiming to be internet ready,java compliant,and this means more jobs for guys with hardcore java architectural skills,not just java programming but java tunning, guys who kown about the java grabage collector,who know how to read the thread dumps.
I dont know what's happening to the nigerian market,last year there was hope that it would be the next big thing since south-africa,but recent events have shown otherwise.None of the banks have made ay announcements.Even the preferred partnes like Computer Warehouse have stopped contacting me.This clearly shows that there really isnt much happening in naija at the moment.we know sap implementations cost a lot and run into months,maybe the credit crunch has finaly hit home inspite of monseur solubo's denials.

Anyway best of luck,and I will continue to keep you guys posted, Just been on a project involving CRM/ISA , TUNNING THE JMC

cheers guys,

Felix
Re: About Sap? by c1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2009
oga kiwi, thanks for the info.
am still pressing on
Re: About Sap? by aboyman: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hello every one.am new on nairaland and this forum.whats happening here and in the world of sap.make una gist full details.and to kiwi i hail sir.happy easter ma people
Re: About Sap? by BigBashiru: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
Please guys, I need in very clear terms how to get SAP IDES for practice; this information is still very unclear - I have seen ebay adverts advertising complete systems. Can I buy SAP IDES from SAP? or can they give me free? if so how?

I have registered as an SAP partner in Nigeria - so maybe they send it to nigeria?

looking forward to ur speedy response.

Also I saw an advert in the Guardian last tuesday for basic SAP training including certification exam for NGN95,000. Supposed to be an all round basic introduction to SAP for new comers.
Re: About Sap? by JFKennedy: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2009
does this mean that with SAP going open source that abap will bcome less lucrative?
I really wanted to go into netweaver/abap, how lucrative is it?
Re: About Sap? by byronova: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2009
Oga Kiwi,

Thanks a million for the coded link you gave. I decoded it and went to the site. Bros, it is massive. My issue now is, I do not know where to start (kid-in-toy-store syndrome!). I have a background in Surveying and Geoinformatics, as well as Project Management qualifications (PMP) I currently work in a telecommunications company in Nigeria, but have always had my eye on the oil industry.

Oga, I have read through a lot of your posts (which, i dare say, would make great Career Guidance material). Bros abeg, could you kindly guide me on which module of SAP to focus on? Also, which particular software can I use to practice? All I need is to be pointed in the right direction sir, and I will do the grind. I just need to be sure I'm grinding in the right direction.

In summary, Oga Kiwi, 2 things;

(1) Which SAP Module should I focus on that will help my persent and future career goals? Should I work with that IDES ECC 6.0 you have repeatedly mentioned?

(2)In line with (1) pleeeez tell me what to look for at this site, make ya boy no go lost for yonder.

Oga Kiwi, you are an inspiration, mentor, and role model. God bless you, bros.

Eagerly looking forward to your reply.
Re: About Sap? by fokusy: 5:00am On Apr 26, 2009
Oga Kiwi

abeg make una helep me wid obodo material too o.

fokusy loruko temi, mo feran lati mo nipa SAP

translation: fokusy is my name and i like to learn about sap.

my email is fokusy@yahoo.com

God bless
Re: About Sap? by IykeD(m): 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2009
Hi all, i was with you guys in this thread like two years ago but lost touch.
@ our Kiwi, please where can one have a good training in SAP basics.I am thinking of India but again as a pro, your advice would be the best.
Also i am coming from a bacground in mathematics & Statistics with a flare for networking and serious eyeing the telco sectors.What area do you advise i specialize in SAP.

Thanks a million for our help, you are one in a Trillion
Re: About Sap? by sege101: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2009
OGA KIWI HELP OH!

Oga kiwi, how now, i have been reading a lot on SAP and i kinda stumbled on this forum by mistake. I wont say na mistake cus na something way suppose happen. I dey read all the discussions since last yr october till date(page 1-11) and what i read makes me happy cus it shows am on the right track and also that i can at least get advise from another brother (9ja person) wey sabi correct correct about SAP. All the other forums, them john reed n them na oyinbo wey no really understand and give u the koko.

Anyways that said, my name na Segun, from Ibadan, now residing in Uk doing my MSc.
My background is Marketing Management education wise (MSc) and I am involved in marketing and some project management at work. I am interested in the SD and MM modules. I have two important questions to ask:

1. I had the 4.7 version of the IDES installed on my desktop last year. But shortly after that, my computer got infected with some virus from downloading music n movies of the internet. When I took it for repairs, I was informed that the hard drive containing the SAP IDES was corrupted. So what i did was shut the hard drive down (its still in my pc) but not active before I cleaned the pc itself. I guess my question is whether this is possible for such a file to be corrupted if you had viruses on your pc.

2. I ve found a guy in London that can install the ECC6.0 version on my laptop. I will use my laptop just for SAP and nothing else, that way it wont be corrupted or whatever. My question is that i dont know if such a software (ERP) will work well on a laptop or will it be very slow. The guy installing it said it will e fine, but he his charging me for it so I need a second opinion from some one thats got exerience with this.

Please advise, I beg and let me know re question 1 and 2.
I have a feeling the hard drive i had before will still work but i am scared a lil to make it functional on my pc incase its corrupted, pls let me know what you think i can do.

Also, ejo can u gimme the correct materials lati SAP Academy, the kind one wey u put 4 code 4 link in your past messages. I have some materials, but i dont think its the correct one.

Sorry I get 2 more questions:
3. i agree with you on the hands on experience and especially if one can actually do the implementation. The rewards (knowledge wise) are great as u ve always emphasized in you posts. I plan to do that but i am a business process guy and my IT know-how is low. My take on this or plan is to study n get the functional experience first, then do my exams. After that, then learn the implementation. I think it would be easier for a guy like me with little IT know-how. I would appreciate your advise on that very much.

4. With my background, i believe the SD and MM modules r suitable for me. I like project management, but I am not sure if the project management on SAP is something one can get into right aways or something that needs one to gain experience in other business process modules before embarking on it. Which other areas go with the SD/MM combo, advise pls.

Bros Kiwi, please oh! I dey beg una send the THING to my addy

segogunsola@yahoo.com

Pls. I get all the time in the world to study now, I just dey submit my Msc Dissertation today so na this SAP thingy be my ALL now, I would really appreciate it if you can show a brother a lot of help,

I am dedicated, very hungry for this, but do realize I need guidance, thanks bro, olorun ma bless yin, will be expecting your reply,

God bless

Segun, a.k.a Sege Bobo,
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hi All,

I'm really sorry for having not been able to respond to your posts.

The thing is that I was NOT able to logon to Nairaland after editing my profile a few weeks back.  Anyway, I'm back now and thanks to the Nairaland admin for sorting out this mess.  It took long enough!

I'll answer all your questions as well as let you have what you want, as long as you are NIGERIAN.  Please be patient whilst I get my head round it.

Thanks.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by sege101: 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2009
Nice one Bros Kiwi, I go dey expect your reply.

Like I said i need guidance to make my plan more efficient, i go dey expect your email, my email addy dey the post wey dey up, thank o bros, God bless, Amin
Re: About Sap? by byronova: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
Oga Kiwi,

So, so good to have you back, bros! E don tey, no be small!

I have been reading this page everyday, hoping to see a word from you.

Eagerly awaiting your reply and guidance.
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hi All,

Fokus

Done - mke u luuk inside ua domot fo Internet

Seg

Done - mke luuk inside ua domot fo Internet

Blacksta

E don tey wey a send yu am.  Oh yeah, thanks for posting my message to Seun.

Aboyman

E don tey wey a send yu am.   

kiwi992.

NB:

Ona wey remain, make ona give me time a beg.  Ago ansa ona questions.
Re: About Sap? by sege101: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2009
Thanks Bros Kiwi, I don get am, more blessing,
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2009
Hi All,

Bashiru

All what I've said in this thread about SAP is in very clear - lucid English for anybody with a basic understanding of the language to grasp.  Technical terms have been kept to an absolute minimum.  You just need to read and re-read the posts.  I simply can not repeat myself over and over again.  Hope you understand.

You said that you've registered as an 'SAP Partner'.  I don't know how on earth that could have been possible because SAP is not like your one-man business such that you could register to become a 'partner'.

If indeed you are (and I doubt it very much), why not direct your questions to SAP?  Just to save you the hassle:

1.  Indeed, there are ads in e-Bay for SAP IDES ECC 6.0.

I've always mentioned this fact in previous posts.  However, these are SAP R/3 demo systems loaded with live data for training and evaluation purposes.  The complete SAP R/3 system does NOT come pre-loaded with live data, unlike the IDES.  Other than that, they are exactly the same thing, save that IDES is time-limited and stops working after a while.

2.  No, you can not buy IDES from SAP.

It won't be sent to you in Nigeria either.  You can download it for free from SAP Service Marketplace, as long as you've got an OSS ID, a qualified SAP Consultant, or work as a Consultant in an SAP installation.

JFK

I'm not an SAP insider so wouldn't know as to whether SAP is going open-source or not.  I doubt it very much though .  Please do your research and you'll find the answers to your questions.

Byron

Your academic background in Surveying and GeoInformatics should map nicely to SAP's industry solution, namely IS-Oil.

De bukuru wey yuu go tke lenam o wambe - shey ti gbo?  Dem bi three modules

Your professional qualification as a PMP is ideal for SAP Projects.

As I've always said in this thread, you need to use SAP IDES ECC 6.0 and the SAP Academy training material in the module of your choice, to train.  Those are what you need, hence should look for them.

If in doubt, please re-read the posts in this thread.  As you may well-understand, I can not keep on repeating myself. 

Ike

I don't know the part of the world in which you are located but if you live in Nigeria, I personally wouldn't advice your going to India for a basic course in SAP.  It wouldn't be worth the expense involved in going to India, as it's only an introductory course that teaches you just the basics.  Moreover, such a qualification does NOT make you an SAP Consultant.   

I believe Scorpio here did a similar course in one of the universities in Nigeria.  Just ask him or her.

Be honest with you, I'm not quite sure as to which module your academic background maps to in SAP.  However, I'd like to mention that SAP offers an industry solution for telecoms.  Please look into that by going to SAP's website.

E beta sef ef yuu get de ting wey a dey dash awon omo Naija dem.  Ef to sey yuu wantam, mke u sef dey nak broken hea plus yua mama language wey be Naija.  Ef yuu no be Naija, a no go get time fo yuu!  No vex.

In terms of networking as it relates to SAP, there's SAPRouter.  This is not a separate module in itself.  You only configure it whilst implementing SAP R/3 (or IDES).

Perhaps you should consider Cisco career certification if you are interested in networking.  Then again, you need Cisco routers for the hands-on practise to be confident at configuring the routers in your place of work - not quite the same thing as using a sim to train.

Seg

Yua question dem, dem boku propa, propa.  A go ansa dem.  A taya small now and a get wok to do.  A beg make yuu wait small, no vex.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by sege101: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2009
Thx bros Kiwi, no worries, i go wait make u answer dem, i appreciate d help o, walai-talai, God Bless,

d info wey una put 4 us, dem plenty, how person go know which one of dem be the SAP Academy training material, cus na dat one be d koko, i no one get one wey no be the origo bros, advise, thx
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2009
Hi Seg,

A beg no vex.

E go be tomorrow - Saturday wey a fit answer you.  A busy small.

Hope sey yuu understand.

kiwi992.
Re: About Sap? by c1(m): 1:27pm On May 01, 2009
Oga Kiwi992, i don drop a msg for ya domoti.
hope you wouldnt mind.
Re: About Sap? by c1(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2009
Oga Kiwi992, how u dey?
thank you for encouraging couple of nigerians in this field.
God go continue to assist, bless, promote, uplift you.
Abeg, i don drop a msg for yor domoti.
Re: About Sap? by kiwi992(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2009
Hi Seg,

I'm sorry about the delay in answering your questions on Saturday, as promised.  Too many things going on over the week-end, as it's a Bank Holiday over here in the UK.

Yeap, you are in the right Forum for all your SAP questions.  This thread is to help fellow Nigerians to get on the ladder so that our people are not left behind in this highly challenging enterprise resource planning technology.  If in doubt, please read and re-read the entire thread 'cos I'm sure it answers all your questions.

Don't take any notice of all those people who pretend to know something about SAP, yet haven't got a deep knowledge of it by way of an actual hands-on experience in implementing the product.  This is where the challenge lies - successfully implementing the SAP R/3, as opposed to the limited knowledge of a Functional Consultant who only has an expertise in a specific module (or modules).

Oyibos are worse for pretending to know something when they don't, as most of them shy away from education, (unlike Nigerians), preferring to work with minimal education, and instead, picking on people's brains in the workplace, to make up for their lack of knowledge.

Can I just say that before answering your questions, I'd like to inform everyone reading this thread that this would be my last posting on this subject.  This is the last - the very last because I'm weary of answering questions after questions on SAP 'cos it gets boring after a while.  I won't oblige to requests anymore either, since people find it hard to say 'thanks'.  Any further question or request would be ignored, and I mean that.

Moreover, I feel that a lot of people are only keen on acquiring the SAP training material without any intention, whatsoever, of ever training to qualify as SAP Consultants.  If anyone thinks that this training (as well as certification) is going to be a walk in the park, then the one needs to have the one's head seriously examined 'cos SAP is NOT like your typical Microsoft or Cisco certification.  The rewards that SAP Consultants reap go a long way to prove this point.  As I've always maintained, it's never going to be easy but with perseverance, dogged determination and hard work, these exams are not impossible to scale.  I know it 'cos I've been through the mill.

I simply can not understand as to why my fellow-Nigerians lose heart so easily simply because they face stumbling blocks on the way to training for the SAP Consultancy certification.  They seem to forget that nothing comes easy to anyone in this world, and that hard work dearly pays.

My fellow-Nigerians, where is the indomitable, never-say-die spirit in you?  Where is it?  Where's the gumption in you?  Why give up so easily? Why?  Don't you want a great life for yourself and family? Why ona dey fea fo dis course? Ona no be Naija pipu again?

Pass those SAP Consultancy exams and you'll get a great job, at least in Nigeria, for sure, 'cos SAP would soon take-off there.  Aside from Nigeria, think of the African continent as a whole - there's an untapped SAP market yet to take-off.  Use your imagination and get on with it - just do it!  You won't regret it, I can assure you.

Look at the army of Nigerians in the Cisco and Microsoft certification threads in this Forum (CCNA and CCNP) as well as the 'Computers' sub-Forum.  They are all too busy chasing after useless IT certifications that won't get them anywhere, unlike SAP.  I know that those certs are absolutely useless 'cos I've got all of them, gathering dust inside my briefcase, as no employer wants to know, despite excellent examination results and experience.  This is quite unlike SAP where recruiters and employers literally worship the ground that you walk on, simply because you are certified or highly experienced in the technology.

Why bother to train, learning how to configure Cisco routers, using a sim (simulator), considering that what the one actually needs, inorder to get the all-important hands-on skills, is an actual Cisco router.  How many organisations in Nigeria use those damn expensive Cisco routers?  How many?  Very few (I'm sure), considering that there are modern and indeed, better routers out there that do exactly the same job and can be obtained for a much cheaper price.

In SAP, all the one needs to get the hands-on skills is the SAP R/3 IDES software, yet Nigerians shy away from that certification simply because it's nowhere as easy to obtain, unlike those stupid and useless certifications from Microsoft and Cisco.

People worrying about jobs in SAP even before they've passed the Consultancy certification exams (a psychological barrier), to think that they've already got jobs right now.  Which of those useless IT certs would pay you £5000 per week in its heyday?  None of them okay? - none of them!  Right now, even with the market for SAP having saturated in the West, senior SAP Consultants can easily earn £2500 (or more) per week, globe-trotting, unlike those useless certs from Microsoft and Cisco.

It just beats me because my fellow-Nigerians, considered by the whole world to be extremely intelligent people, can not see the light - blindly chasing after useless Cisco and Microsoft certifications when their best option, from personal experience, is nothing but SAP.  A little bit of a stumbling block and they all give up.

Yeah, give up because they haven't got the balls to stand the heat.  Throw in the towel when things are not going their own way and move on to the next rubbish IT certification instead - CISA and CISSP included.  An absolute disgrace and a bloody waste of time, if you ask me.

Maybe they should come over to the West and face what we, as black people, face everyday - that would make them grow a thick skin and become mentally very strong, ready to face any challenge that's thrown at them.  Never mind being spoon-fed in Nigeria, moaning about this, moaning about that, looking for sweetners and backhanders, here, there, everywhere, for the least thing or wanting to work in some crummy bank (inorder to get closer to the till), despite their academic or professional background.  Shame, really.  

I'll see what you, my fellow-Nigerians would do when all those Indian SAP Consultants take over your rightful jobs when the proposed investment in Nigeria by SAP AG materialises.  Kick yourselves, most probably.   

Having had a good rant, I shall now go about addressing your questions:

1.  Sorry to hear about your misfortune as regards the virus infection on your PC.  Most certainly, the files in a hard drive can become corrupt for a whole host of reasons including virus infection, shutting down the system without following the proper shutdown procedure, bluescreen, and so on.  Indeed, this is can happen, even if the files are on a separate hard drive within the computer.  The possibilities of this happening are endless.

Personally, I'd forget it, move on, start afresh and have the ECC 6.0 SR2 or 3 installed, instead of trying to salvage the old IDES 4.7 implementation.  You'd be much better-off with IDES ECC 6.0 anyway. 

2.  In practise, many factors determine the minimum requirements for the implementation of SAP R/3.  In this regard, the organisation could use 'Quicksizer' to enable the hardware vendor determine the optimum.  Reference can also be made to the installation DVDs to determine this minimum. 

In your own case, the SAP R/3 IDES ECC 6.0 can be implemented on a laptop, as long as you have enough hard drive space on your computer - at least 250gb (500gb preferable), this depends on the type of database you are using (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, MaxDB or DB2), a minimum of 2gb memory (3gb or more is better), at least Pentium4/AMD and above, in terms of processor.

SAP R/3 can be implemented on any Windows platform with NTFS file system (for security).  However, Windows Server 2003 is the preferred choice by SAP.  That said, the IDES ECC 6.0 can be implemented on a lower-spec machine but the trade-off is slow speed.  Personally, I'd ensure that my laptop meets the minmum requirements 'cos I wouldn't want it to run slowly.

Then again, you could always install it on an external hard drive that's connected to your laptop.  That way, at least you know that the installation would be safe, just in case anything goes wrong with the machine.

Yuu fo go fo dat place gon gon, dey luuk fo de propa ting wey yuu go take len.  Mke yuu no forget de name.  Yuu sef yuu tok am hea.  Owambe, e boku boku, shey gbo?  Mke yuu dey press the 'luuk-luuk' button to find am.

3.  Good idea about your training strategy - I totally agree with you.  There's no need to worry about your minimal IT skills.  The main thing is the ability to navigate your way around in a computer.  The key thing is your academic or professional background mapping to a functional module of your choice in SAP.  You can not afford to get that bit wrong 'cos otherwise, you'd find the training really hard-going.

Pass the consultancy certification exam first, then get a job, build up confidence with the product by constantly using the hands-on skills that you acquired during your training, before eventually branching out to the technical arena, if you wanted to, and indeed, feel confident-enough to do so.

4.  As I've always said, please ensure that your academic or professional background maps well with the module of your choice in SAP.  There's no 'combo' in the real sense of it - these are separate modules to meet the various business processes of an organisation.  You can get more information on SD, MM, PP, Logistics, or similar newer offerings by going to SAP's website.

I hope I've answered all your questions.  All the best to you in your quest for SAP Consultancy certification.

kiwi992.

Nigerian jobs for Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Sap? by c1(m): 3:06pm On May 04, 2009
Bros Kiwi992,thank you for your replies and posts.
What you are doing and you ve done cant be measured but i will like to show our gratitude to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.