Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,619 members, 7,770,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (146013 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dang, this place is so serious and ''focused'' grin Not a bad thing of course, but I think we should have a chill zone where you can kick back,relax and talk about how your day went at work.

Seriously,how many workers here have people they return home to at the end of the day that sincerely ask ''how was work today''?

So in this zone,you can come in, tell us your career field, your job designation if you like (not compulsory), and then you share how work went.

How did your boss totally piss you off? What blunder did you make? What great feat did you accomplish? What project are you working on and how is it going? What things hinder your progress in your field/at your office? Customer pressure (Bankers, Telecomm peeps, etc) ? Funny events that took place at the office?

Come here and share all. And let others benefit from your experiences, and offer you some good advice too. You never know, you just might get that idea you've been searching for in here.  .  .and definitely you will be able to de-stress here grin If your story is one you would rather start an independent thread on, even better.

This could work if every worker makes some sensible contribution.  .  .I can't make it fly by myself grin. So let's share.

*Hols are coming up yeah, but work will still go on*

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2008
i tot u were gonna start off

oya waiting to read how ur day went yesterday.

lets go
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2008
I wasn't at work yesterday embarassed grin

But you can help us get it started. . .how was work yesterday?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:21am On Dec 23, 2008
work yesterday

ook o
im a finacial/investment analyst. Im a CFA Candidate also and i work with a reputable asset mgt coy.
I had a consulting backgorund in strategy and corporate finance so when i changed jobs, the pay was gigantum and expectations too are/were off the hook. . . . (thts a brief background)

yesterday, i had a meeeting early in d morning with some of my clients. The company ( an integrated energy coy) hoping to come to the mkt next year to raise funds).
The meeting was long and crazy. the meeting ended and off i went to the office to finish up on some models ive been building and while at it, i got a call from a client that the SEC people wanted a re-arranged meeting and off i jumped into the car with the driver to SEC

on getting there, we were delayed for a while and then the meeting started. it went well and all resolutions were passed.
It wasnt all work and no play cos as we were coming back, awon boiz branched a coded place and took some shots
Got back to work, worked on ma models, and as the day was winding up, i got a mail from my boss about another opportunity in carbon trading.
we had a quick meeting to sort out the opportunities in it for us and blah blah blah

the day went by quickly and later on i checked ma facebook account, posted on NL, made calls to peeps, and then ma trip to the US perfected. that one na tmr nite ooo
the yuletide is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
the day ended my people and i didnt leave ma office on time cos of the normal Lagos traffic. left after seeing Chelsea and Evertons first half game. boring!!!

No issues at work yesterday with colleagues and bosses so yesterday was an unusual day cos sometimes ehn, na wahala from morning till nite
thts yesterday for me o
today the last day for the year don begin so lets see how it goes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2008
Meetings Meetings Meetings grin

What's carbon trading about? Not sure I'm very familiar with that one. The models you're working on also. . .what are they?

And where did ''awon boiz'' stop to take some shots? Shots of what exactly sef? Your bosses must hear this grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2008
u wont talk about urs abi?
ure not serious o grin

carbon trading? ill tell u later
Re: Welcome To My Office by sangreal: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
@tbk must tell that u cud have a pass for story writting i was caught up by 2 things on ur write u investment analyst and sec those 2 names are synonymous wiv wat i do i work for first registrars and must say that its a tiresome work were u hve to work all day as i write i am in the ofice and i know that 2morow is not an exception becos i have to come to work the work of the stock market and registrar biz is a very tasking one but all the way interesting
Any way i am ken and wud love to get to know u my mail add is rukevwes@yahoo.com
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
@tbk must tell that u cud have a pass for story writting i was caught up by 2 things on ur write u investment analyst and sec those 2 names are synonymous with what i do i work for first registrars and must say that its a tiresome work were u hve to work all day as i write i am in the ofice and i know that 2morow is not an exception because i have to come to work the work of the stock market and registrar biz is a very tasking one but all the way interesting
Any way i am ken and would love to get to know u my mail add is rukevwes@yahoo.com
\
hi sangreal
i have ur email, ill buzz u as soon as im off work tho holiday starts for me tmr

u work for first registrars? thts nice. how is ur daily routine like?
are u also looking at attempting CFA?
we'll talk later
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
I have been at my desk at "work" since 9 tongue

Typing out projects, help me someone embarassed embarassed , i have a deadline to meet and its fast approaching and i am getting lazy embarassed

my "boss" pissed me off by demanding that i add more than was originally suggested for my project angry this man wan die o angry

today is not a good day o, went to the canteen to eat and got water for soup angry . .next time i'll sign a money back guaranteed form grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2008
I have been at my desk at "work" since 9

Typing out projects, help me someone   , i have a deadline to meet and its fast approaching and i am getting lazy

my "boss" pissed me off by demanding that i add more than was originally suggested for my project  this man wan die o

today is not a good day o, went to the canteen to eat and got water for soup   . .next time i'll sign a money back guaranteed form

hmmm. they do that in ur place? money back guarantee form ke?
thats a good one

last day in d office
yup yup was good. everybody getting ready to see the end of this wonderful year. It was a wonderful year for me o
yeah today what happened sef?
had a meeting with one investment bank (from SA) wey don turn commercial bank grin grin grin credit crunch no gree
came back and submitted my models to ma oga and damn all ma assumptions were faulty. Its good to be oga o. when i become oga, i go dey do shakara for realla. the man asked me if i dey use ma brains to the the optimum level and i said yes na. he said na lie!!(idiot)
wetin concern me, as far as I'm concerned, i don close shop for this year. all ma head is thinking right now is henny and moet no be work. na ma papa get company?

did one service level agreement with one law firm for one deal, did one hush hush Confidentiality agreement with that bank wey dey walter carrignton and wetin again i dey think
some beurriful gurls for one micro finance bank come market for me. kai!!
den fine no be small. I gave them ma cards and told them to come back on d 5th of Jan. ma eyes no commot for of them body.
nyways, i never close and its still 6.19pm.
I'm still going to sit with ma boss to scrutinize ma models, chart course for our carbon trading, eat mega plaza shawama with them all kind of drinks den close for the year
halleluyahh!!! no be small thing

the day continues sha

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2008
for whia i am just kidding grin i wish they do tho embarassed the food was horrible

Am still here wondering where to get the latest info from for my project embarassed, to get the first two was hard very hard, now this man has added more to it sad

No holiday for me until i end these stuffs grin but i know i'll give myself a holiday on boxing day grin grin

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2008
do what u gotta do babes and get the good grades
tell ur husband to do it for u na abi Dayo say he cant do it? grin

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
I woke up early in the morning like 3am to chat with Nakim.

I slept back around 7 woke up at 10am to continue chatting with Nakim.

till 12 noon when Nakim signs out.

Went to cook breakfast and wait for Nakim to come online .

Hey Nakim just came online now and we start chatting again

don't ask me whom Nakim Saleema is!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
TBK
i nor go answer you grin

Dayo
who is Nakim Saleema tongue. . Mukina? grin

Criz

oya since na you do topic come help me type na embarassed tongue

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
Dayo
who is Nakim Saleema  .  . Mukina?

Is that your wish for the New Year. A genie might be passing to grant your wish

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
hmm tongue lemme think tongue

Crizzle am out o its Dayo . .ban him grin grin

TBK
you nor well grin

Criz
come help me to type o embarassed you started this thread o grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muki

Wetin concern thread with your project? undecided

No wahala sha, if the cow you're sending is fat enough I can help you grin

@Dayo

You are soooo hardworking grin tongue

TKB

Don't mind your oga jo, hez just jealous of your world-class models undecided grin. Your job does sound very absorbing indeed. . .from the view you've given us of your office,I must say you really need a vacation. Go have fun wink grin

@Sangreal

Aww, First Registrars? I've got a friend there, he works to the bone! And the unpredictability of the stock market doesn't help matters one bit.
Hope work is going on smoothly right now tho. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
Cristalz
babes dont mind the man. even the man has sht down himself. . .

im on breakkkkkkkkkkkkkk everybody and this nite verily verily verily i say unto u, im 33,000 above the sea level grin
back 4th of Jan jare.

dayo
ur job schedules are really off da hook. i pray u get promoted to d next level sha. omo shey u don arrange paro for ur guy cos its gonna be gangster when i show ur area code o grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
Criz i think the thread is about ur day at work undecided

i was giving my account of my day at "work" warn urself o grin grin

is it cuz i asked you to come type tongue, you'll make a good secretary grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2008
Aww, Mukinazza darling, ma binu grin

I forget say nor be Sports we dey embarassed

So how far have you gone now with the project typing? My cow condition still stands though grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2008
Tkb,
No worry we go go church tongue

Cristal, My work is so absorbing i work my butts off. Nakim does not take it easy with me.

Muki, kiss kiss kiss kiss Much loff
Re: Welcome To My Office by sangreal: 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2008
@ cristalz well thats the nature of first registrars work to the brimand achieve great feats wat the name of ur frd that works there
@tbk have a wonderful xmas ok and pls dnt take sosoliso cos u and i have a lot to talk abt pls see u in the new year ok
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2009
heyyy people
how work na. we don resume ooo wahala don start.
i came in today to do a half day after abandoning ma fones and internet for 2 weeks only to find out that i don enter gbege

i intentionally avoided using the internet in order not to stumble on any work related wahala but can u guys believe this? i have about 16 TO DO!!!! waiting for me in my official and yahoo inboxes.
i entered the office in high spirit but now, my spirit can be likened to how Judas felt as soon as he discovered Jesus was gonna be hanged cos of his greed. I have stuffs to submit latest 12th of january and none has been touched. My ogas are coming next week and the man is practically using the foen to control me now like a robot (from Uk o).

what kind of wahala be this? when i go own my company sef? kai!!
my CFA exam need to be finished so i can think straight. now i be like slave wey no fit resign ( resign go where sef?) my papa and mama no get company so what the heck am i gonna do?

i think i'll close late today. 12 midnite is it today grin u guys dont wanna know what ive done so far?
thts another day's gist

Sangreal
hommie how far? how ur work o
hope ure good. we 'll chat one of these days make we rub minds
cheers
Re: Welcome To My Office by sangreal: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2009
@ tbk happy new year and hope say that work nor go kill u oh well i am fine well u can send an offline to lilrukevwes@yahoo.com
Or drop a mail at rukevwes@yahoo.com it wud be nice to talk to u
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2009
Tkb you and this your hectic office. Hope you've been able to catch up.

Mine relaxed over the hols though things are picking up again. . .busy using my contacts and high-powered binoculars to pick out those human beings with bulging pockets and rope them in, as well as attend to the numerous issues of the already roped-in human beings.

Also trying to get investors to consider buying Honeywell Flour Mills shares. . .two of my people are issuers. But while some are of the opinion that now is the time to invest,as in, the stock market being as crappy as it is, most think investing now is suicidal. Ain't helping business,lol. Guess Oba Otudeko's rep ain't that strong right now grin

My boss is so so eager to make some good money this year, and of course she's transferring the pressure to her ''soldiers''. Been busy day though, out scouting around and in later to take care of online work. Can't wait to get home jo grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2009
Oba Otudeko what bought starcomms with plenty money after the sweet mouth and the impressive numbers we saw but u dont wanna know how dangerously crazy that thing went into coma. same for other investments like that.

ask coys like bgl, rencap, vetiva, afriinvest, chapelhill their stories, its same, they are all in deep shit
so if there are no institutional investors to mop up, how u think say the name Oba Otudeko will make me part with ma hard earned money grin grin

i can see ure doing well in this investment game, step up ur game and write cfa and come into the mainstream, not ur marketing thingy jare

money dey o grin grin

yes o
had a lotta stuffs to do today
the list is endless
prepared placement memo for private and insitutional investors for one of my oil n gas people lookin for dough
had a long conference call with ma other parties in diaspora for this same O n G coy looking for extra funds offshore cos who knows wetin 9ja go talk if we cant raise money successfully from the floor
black scholes - men, my head nearly scatter as the thing just dey mess up
analysed some stuffs using spss and did a lotta analysis ( pending jobs from december o) the thing wan kill me

had lunch with some chocos from a nearby bank and the thing went smoothly till i called my oga again. this guy just love to rake even when nothing dey on board. i fit vex go another place o grin grin i no dey go

yep, its 6;30pm, i hope ill go home early today but traffic full everywhere.
cant my office send me go abuja office? ill scarbar at the next Holy Ghost congress for re-deployment to Abuja where me n Cristalz can do bizniz 2geda grin grin

chao
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2009
To start with, I'm an Environmental Advisor working in oil and gas.

Not a good start to the week - forgot I had an incident management team meeting at 8am. Woke up late and had to give excuses about 'blocked nozzles' and frost covered windows as an excuse. Don't think anyone bought it though.  grin
No matter, got the briefing from a colleague.

Just absorbing the news that oga is leaving in two weeks!  shocked  sad Was just getting to like the guy, now the time to start sucking up and doing 'eye service' to new oga starts now. It doesn't get better than this. *rolls eyes*

Quick risk assessment this morning on a new project for middle of the year, hope oil price wahala doesn't cancel the project. I'm banking on this one to be my coup de grace before I move on.  undecided

Had to try to remember a meeting I had in early December and write up the report. Two cups of coffee needed to achieve that. Note to self - next time write up IMMEDIATELY afterwards.

All these yeye ogas need to get their act together. Wasted 20 minutes waiting for a teleconference, he eventually called back and rescheduled. I wish he didn't even do that because at the end of the day I didn't want to hear what he had to say. All this work to be done in 2009?? I'm still trying to finish up the mess they created for me 3 days before Christmas.  angry tongue E go beta sha. They had better sort this out and let me know what I have to deliver this year.

The floating rumour of a 9% pay rise nor come true sha. I don tell this Portuguese girl not to get our hopes up for nothing.  tongue

Not really in the mood for work yet, some dude who barely worked 2 weeks quit and now is coming back on Thursday? Which kain worker be that sef? I know if I tried that I'd be gone in a heartbeat

I need to get what I can out of this joint, naija na where e dey happen eventually. Stories I heard over Christmas still dey ring for my ears - 650k a month, plus 3m starting allowance just for a starter oh. I need to get my act together fast.

Enough bitching for the day, must've done barely 4 hours work today  grin Oh well, as far as I'm concerned this week na jaara, still trying to readjust to work.  grin grin

TK we suppose yarn about carbon trading oh, me sef dey do some work on that so maybe we fit collabo in the future wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
Debo
u dey work for Oil and Gas u come dey abroad.   .    .fly back here and chop plenty money
those guys can't think straight again, too much money dey worry them

Carbon trading? oya na
Might need to visit the Aussies soon because of that. i no mind collabo with u ooo since u be expert
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
Ol boy I be beginner o! I just moved into this after doing R&grin and mining. Naija companies didn't fancy me then, so I'll arrange myself properly before going to show them pepper in a few years. Na them go dey beg then. grin

Wetin you dey find for Aussie ontop carbon trading? Omo Europe is the leader worldwide when it comes to that, unless na CDM you dey find sha. I no be expert, but after the wahala I don do ontop the matter, man must find a way of benefitting. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2009
The Aussie thing came about cos they are about coming to partner a Lagos based coy. Its more of familiarisation tour of the Australian coy.

abeg sharpen ur skillz well o and storm these money men in 9ja. R&grin and Mining? omo, u try o
im trying to sell the idea to one of my younger ones to do courses like that.

abeg, continue ur research on the carbon stuffs o, ill be running to u as soon as im getting clearer with opportunities in that area. like u said, i must find a personal way of benefitting grin

ill get ur details from Mukina
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2009
Tkb you owe me o. . .I've career-ly linked you with sangreal and now debosky, and perhaps me undecided

Na Oba Otudeko be President for naija stock exchange na. . .I think that's the thing some investors are looking at. As if that's a sure guarantee of anything. BGL is one of the lead issuing houses for Honeywell sha. . .guess it's 'cause they don't have a choice. They've got to get their money back somehow.
I'm seriously thinking about CFA o, my dear. . .thinking about it. Abj is a good place to work. . .traffic ain't half as bad as Lagos. And no bikes grin Also you get to meet VIPs. Discuss with baba God well well o,lol.

@debosky

Oil man, come to naija and reap abundantly,lol grin

Your office sounds interesting, not as hectic as TKB's. So you're a coffee addict? Better repent. . .bad habit. How long will it take you re-adjust to work anyway? It's tuesday. You're prob'ly gon' need the week at this rate grin
Guess the pressure in your office ain't as bad as it is in naija. . .

How come everybody has so much leftover from '08? grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2009
what a great way to start the new work year - yesterday my laptop booted with a black screen cry cry cry

so now i have to spend the next 96 hours reinstalling windows , ms office, autocad, sketchup etc. . .

fortunately oga is on leave , so i can jack off without getting harassed wink

but work looms. got to get to a terminal in apapa to review a boq submitted by a vendor, then visit like 5 stations to ensure contractors aren't cutting corners. at least i'll be out of the office  cheesy

and what do u know, them hampers are still coming in cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.