Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! (64942 Views)

Miss Ambassador For Peace 2013 Contestants... / Miss University Nigeria 2013 Contestants(Raw Photos) / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2013 Contestants In Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
All these insults and bickering is unnecessary really. It is not good for one African to put down another African's country. Let us all get along and be happy haba!

1 Like

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198: All these insults and bickering is unnecessary really. It is not good for one African to put down another African's country. Let us all get along and be happy haba!

so its ok for an african to put down a european?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

so its ok for an african to put down a european?

It really is not ok for anyone to put anyone else down....

However, since this discussion is about Nigerians putting down Botswana and vice versa, it is about 2 African nations quarreling.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

It really is not ok for anyone to put anyone else down....

However, since this discussion is about Nigerians putting down Botswana and vice versa, it is about 2 African nations quarreling.

the fufu nation on here puts down somalis all the time, why you no do anything moderator fula?

do you think the fufu nation is better than Horners?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

the fufu nation on here puts down somalis all the time, why you no do anything moderator fula?

do you think the fufu nation is better than Horners?

The reason why Nigerians put down Somalis is because you brought a very bad untrue stigma of Somali people to this forum. I do not think that anyone is superior to anyone. In Fulbe culture, Modesty is very important.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

The reason why Nigerians put down Somalis is because you brought a very bad untrue stigma of Somali people to this forum. I do not think that anyone is superior to anyone. In Fulbe culture, Modesty is very important.

In my culture pride is an integral part of my culture.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

In my culture pride is an integral part of my culture.

The other forum Somalis disagree with you
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

The other forum Somalis disagree with you

I think anyone who knows Somalis know that Pride is integral part of our culture. Why do you think Somalis pride themselves in their poetry. Why do you think Somalis pride themselves on their features, culture, food, history?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

I think anyone who knows Somalis know that Pride is integral part of our culture. Why do you think Somalis pride themselves in their poetry. Why do you think Somalis pride themselves on their features, culture, food, history?

Do you honestly think that is unique to Somalis?

The Igbos pride themselves of their history, The Yoruba pride themselves of their history, The Hausa pride themselves of their history, The Benin/Edo people pride themselves of their history, The Fulbe (Fulani) take pride in their history.

Just about every ethnic group I know in Africa is extremely proud of their own culture. However, they do not go around bashing others cultures in the process. The Benin empire of Nigeria was extremely powerful during it's peak. The vast Mande empires of present day Mali, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, etc. were very proud of their achievements. The various Fulbe empires from Senegal/Mauritania all the way to Nigeria/Cameroon were proud of their vast conquest. It does not mean we should relish in our former glory. Instead, it is time for Africans to build up their nations and make them great and powerful. No true African leader is doing well right now, and when I say African leader, I mean those countries that practise real African cultures (not inherited cultures from Europeans).
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

Do you honestly think that is unique to Somalis?

The Igbos pride themselves of their history, The Yoruba pride themselves of their history, The Hausa pride themselves of their history, The Benin/Edo people pride themselves of their history, The Fulbe (Fulani) take pride in their history.

Just about every ethnic group I know in Africa is extremely proud of their own culture. However, they do not go around bashing others cultures in the process. The Benin empire of Nigeria was extremely powerful during it's peak. The vast Mande empires of present day Mali, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, etc. were very proud of their achievements. The various Fulbe empires from Senegal/Mauritania all the way to Nigeria/Cameroon were proud of their vast conquest. It does not mean we should relish in our former glory. Instead, it is time for Africans to build up their nations and make them great and powerful. No true African leader is doing well right now, and when I say African leader, I mean those countries that practise real African cultures (not inherited cultures from Europeans).

Well if pride is integral to your people why didn't you fight to the last man so you wouldn't be enslaved?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

Well if pride is integral to your people why didn't you fight to the last man so you wouldn't be enslaved?

I don't think you know the meaning of slavery. I have a Fulani name, I speak 2 Nigerian languages and 2 European languages. I know where I'm from and my cultural practices. Explain to me wise Ayanle how I was enslaved.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't think you know the meaning of slavery. I have a Fulani name, I speak 2 Nigerian languages and 2 European languages. I know where I'm from and my cultural practices. Explain to me wise Ayanle how I was enslaved.

Many people from nigeria were slaves. If that happened in Somalia, we would die to the last man. Even today Somalis are dying so the African Union can leave Somalia. Its called Pride. Don't be ashamed, not everyone has it.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajuran:

Many people from nigeria were slaves. If that happened in Somalia, we would die to the last man. Even today Somalis are dying so the African Union can leave Somalia. Its called Pride. Don't be ashamed, not everyone has it.

There was nothing in east Africa for Europeans to go after... Many Africans fought bravely, read about Samory Touré, read about the kingdom of Benin, read about the fall of the Fulani Emirates. You will see that 4 nations from Europe combined to capture these places. I can assure you if it were only one, the Europeans would never succeed.

Also, the Europeans were only in present day Nigeria for less than 70 years. What happened between Somalia and Italy? I'm pretty sure it only took one Euro nation to colonise Somalia.

If you are referring to the trans-Atlantic slave trade then we we are discussing different things.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Help help help ooo,that mukina2 wants to kill me oo,this is injustice,she keeps on bullying me

https://www.nairaland.com/1510295/she-wants-kill-me#19403111

help me fight against this injustice
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

There was nothing in east Africa for Europeans to go after... Many Africans fought bravely, read about Samory Touré, read about the kingdom of Benin, read about the fall of the Fulani Emirates. You will see that 4 nations from Europe combined to capture these places. I can assure you if it were only one, the Europeans would never succeed.

Also, the Europeans were only in present day Nigeria for less than 70 years. What happened between Somalia and Italy? I'm pretty sure it only took one Euro nation to colonise Somalia.

If you are referring to the trans-Atlantic slave trade then we we are discussing different things.

Nothing in east africa? Well the arabs took over all of kenya, mosabique and tanzania and had hundreds of thousands of slaves. Europeans came to Somalia the same time as in West africa, but they were destroyed By Somalis using Cannons.

If you didnt know the horn of africa is much more strategic than any part of west africa. As the suez canal in egypt empties into the red sea then into the indian ocean. Thats why no one cares about piracy in west africa, but in east africa where all the ships go through somalia then to suez canal then to europe, it causes alarm.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2013
Ajuran:

Nothing in east africa? Well the arabs took over all of kenya, mosabique and tanzania and had hundreds of thousands of slaves. Europeans came to Somalia the same time as in West africa, but they were destroyed By Somalis using Cannons.

If you didnt know the horn of africa is much more strategic than any part of west africa. As the suez canal in egypt empties into the red sea then into the indian ocean. Thats why no one cares about piracy in west africa, but in east africa where all the ships go through somalia then to suez canal then to europe, it causes alarm.

FYI, west Africa has far more natural resources than east Africa. Look, I don't want to turn this into a debate about west vs east. Let us not ruin this thread if it hasn't already been ruined.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

FYI, west Africa has far more natural resources than east Africa. Look, I don't want to turn this into a debate about west vs east. Let us not ruin this thread if it hasn't already been ruined.

Come on son. You know Horn of Africa has oil, gas, mhyr, frankensein and their all unexploited as we were not exploited by europeans

but telling you this is not nice. So lets change the subject.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2013
Ajuran:

Come on son. You know Horn of Africa has oil, gas, mhyr, frankensein and their all unexploited as we were not exploited by europeans

but telling you this is not nice. So lets change the subject.

Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa, Ghana is known as the gold coast, and Sierra Leone has diamonds. I'm sorry but nothing can compete with west African natural resources
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2013
Fulaman198:

Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa, Ghana is known as the gold coast, and Sierra Leone has diamonds. I'm sorry but nothing can compete with west African natural resources

Through Somalia goes all the resources and trade that goes through the suez canal. The source of the Nile river is Ethiopia. Somalia has the longest coast in Africa. Somalia is said to have as much oil as the middle east as they were once connected.
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Fulaman198(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2013
Ajuran:

Through Somalia goes all the resources and trade that goes through the suez canal. The source of the Nile river is Ethiopia. Somalia has the longest coast in Africa. Somalia is said to have as much oil as the middle east as they were once connected.

Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa, I bet if we were not corrupt we would be the largest oil producer in the world
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by vennyscissors: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2013
Miss naija is not bad but miss South Africa nd Tanzania r gorgeous
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by homesteady(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Miss Nigeria undecided didn't she get a better gown to wear? undecided

Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 12:22am On Nov 10, 2013
homesteady: Miss Nigeria undecided didn't she get a better gown to wear? undecided

i see a man
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by homesteady(m): 12:37am On Nov 10, 2013
Ajuran:

i see a man
Sharrap
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 3:24am On Nov 10, 2013
homesteady: Sharrap

i see you are mad
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 6:47am On Nov 10, 2013
Least developed countries in africa
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 6:47am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2013
I cant find boto anywhere here,only 2 from africa,nigeria and S.a (that's all)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerging_and_Growth-Leading_Economies

grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2013
Only 22percent of botswana population of 2million have access to electricity grin the country doesn't produce up to 300MW grin shocked

infact,majority of their power needs are imported from zimbabwe and southafrica.. grin another togo in southernafrica grin

http://www.mbendi.com/indy/powr/af/bo/p0005.htm
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by homesteady(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2013
Ajuran:

i see you are mad

grin trust me! You are the mad person here! Which normal human being will see a girl and call her man? grin
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Adamskuty(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2013
homesteady:

grin trust me! You are the mad person here! Which normal human being will see a girl and call her man? grin
but she's putting on hair hat,i don't blame him grin grin
we need to start telling our girls to grow their natural hair,don't you think?
Re: Miss Universe 2013 Contestants From Africa! by Ajuran: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2013
I fear the fufu nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

See What A Lady Said About People With Small Boobs Taking Ampiclox(photo) / Most Beautiful Deaf Girl In Nigeria Set To Hold Maiden Beauty Contest (PICTURES) / Meet Four Known Nigerian Transgenders (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.