Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414007 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taddat(m): 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 9:48am On Dec 12, 2014
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL CITIZENS OF NIGERIA. PLEASE AFTER A LOT OF DIGGINGS AND RESEARCH , I FINALLY DROPPED MY FIRST BOOK ON KINDLE, HOPING TO MAKE A LOT AS I HAVE PLENTY OF BOOKS WAITING TO DROP TOO. PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AND TELL ME YOUR OBSERVATIONS.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle/dp/B00QVGT94A/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_eos_detail

THANKS

CC : ALL FOLLOWING

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
@P3trCruzZ

Congrats on publishing your first book on Kindle!
Children books is a very profitable catergory. It is also competitive but not saturated. You book could stand out.

My Observations

Here is My Disclaimer:
I will be harsh, if you cannot take it, don't bother to read. Maybe your competition will read instead.

Are you ready?
My opinion is never pretty...

Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To
Be A Success At Maintaining Your Teens Weight!
Does trying to get a grip on how to understand
ways to maintain your child’s weight but just
don't know how to trying to make your life
difficult... maybe even miserable?...

Who is the book meant for? A child or a teenage child?
Judging by the cover and the title, I would say children aged 3-13 years not teens aged 14-18 years. Don't interchange the words, they are not the same.

You have no author page, yet you claim to be a doctor.
How do you expect them to trust your authority when there is no author bio?

Please it is not nice to put a title in all caps. CHILDHOOD OBESITY. Not very pleasant on the eyes eh? The same goes for your author name.

The cover picture is misleading. You should have used something relating to child obesity.
The font used for the subtitle is called Great Vibes.
It looks great...
On Romance ad E.r.o.t.i.ca covers not health and fitness.
It is better to use Optimus Princeps or League Gothic, Bebas Nue.

On the bright side.
I like the description, it is lively and addresses the pain of the reader. You could use html codes to add more spice.
You placed the book in the right category.
You may want to increase the book price...
It seems too good to be worth .99.
Just saying, you could price the book on the value you believe that the customer will gain reading the book.

These are just my opinions, feel free to accept or reject them.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by tabletgirl: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Great job my friend. Just thought to make some observations. The cover is quite okay. I dont think you should write your name in all caps but it doesnt matter. To lots of people, using caps through out is bad etiquette and considered shouting but if other people have been doing it in the kindle store or in your niche, maybe its just me being a product of my meticulous boss. It just doesnt look right in my eyes.

Also, i dont know o but you started your first line with "teens", the child in your picture is not a teen. At least start with children first before moving on to talking about teens. This is so it relates to your cover which is the main reason people would be interested in reading your description.

I also think it is way too short. Kindle is now competitive and if another book is longer than yours and is priced same price, lower or even higher, people may buy it more than yours. Its quality information that matters to them and they would usually go for more as opposed to less especially when the price difference is not much. If this is the standard length of books in your niche then disregard.

Did you do keyword research? I like your writing style. I wish you luck.

Wait o... dont you think you should use the picture of an obese child instead? Look for a model's pic or free stock photos or something. No one would want to see their child's pic being used as the poster child for obesity. You could also use a zoomed in picture of a body part of an obese child. Maybe a wrist? I dont know, just suggesting, it might or might not look good.

Use "new" eyes, look at your description again. If you had an obese child, and you needed information to help you manage it, would YOU buy YOUR book? I'm not saying your description is not good o. I'm just giving an advice i read online recently. Be honest. Do you sound like you (the writer) knows what you are talking about? Think of yourself (the buyer) as a stingy person (na example o). Okay, lets say thrifty person. Who does not want to spend a dollar more than you need to, would YOU buy YOUR book. Does it promise enough to be worthy of the investment? Its just an advice i want to share. If you think its okay, then leave it, if not change whatever you think you should.

Remember, feedback from fellow kindle authors can be pure gold and can double or even triple your ROI if you just use it constructively.

Keep Going Bro.

P3trCruzZ:
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL CITIZENS OF NIGERIA. PLEASE AFTER A LOT OF DIGGINGS AND RESEARCH , I FINALLY DROPPED MY FIRST BOOK ON KINDLE, HOPING TO MAKE A LOT AS I HAVE PLENTY OF BOOKS WAITING TO DROP TOO. PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AND TELL ME YOUR OBSERVATIONS.

THANKS

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
I AM SO HONORED BY ALL YOUR OBSERVATIONS AND MOST ESPECIALLY FOR BEING KIND ENOUGH TO VIEW AND INSPECT MY NEW BOOK ON KINDLE. I HAVE TAKEN ALL NECESSARY CORRECTIONS AND I WOULD DEFINITELY MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON MY NEW BOOKS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL.

AT LEAST I NOW KNOW I AM NOT ALONE.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by tabletgirl: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Never alone Bro...Never alone smiley

P3trCruzZ:
I AM SO HONORED BY ALL YOUR OBSERVATIONS AND MOST ESPECIALLY FOR BEING KIND ENOUGH TO VIEW AND INSPECT MY NEW BOOK ON KINDLE. I HAVE TAKEN ALL NECESSARY CORRECTIONS AND I WOULD DEFINITELY MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON MY NEW BOOKS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
AND PLEASE LET US ALL TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. IT HAS REALLY TOUCHED A LOT OF LIVES LIKE MINE.

THANKS
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by tabletgirl: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
One more thing. I dont think you should increase the price just yet, maybe when you get a few reviews. You may be a doctor but you are still unknown unless this is a follow up part of a series which i doubt.

Its just my humble opinion. Sales will come in faster when its 99c, hopefully reviews too, then you become real authority and increase price.

Since reviews are gold in this business, then reduce your price to get more. Some say you get one review per 100 downloads or sales, some say 1000. You do agree those sales will come in faster when the price is reduced (for an unknown author). That would also mean the review would come in faster. Dont be bothered about how much you are making this period, plan for the long term. Get the reviews then increase the price. Once again Bro, Just my opinion. Do some research and make your decision.

Cheers

P3trCruzZ:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mk82, Two days ago I published a book, which sold a copy before I could enrol it on kindle select for promotion. Now, would there be any problem if I enrol it for free promotion after it has begin to record sales?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

THANKS

Congrats on your first book. In addition to other comments, check the following portion of your description.
" Does trying to get a grip on how to understand ways to maintain your child’s weight but just don't know how to trying to make your life difficult... maybe even miserable?"
The sentence is confusing. Try to make it simpler.

Secondly, you have chosen a tough niche. Next time choose a niche where you don't need any special qualifications. You can write simple books that provide easy and immediate solutions to the problems of many people. That is one of my secrets in kindle publishing.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bestlyf:
Mk82, Two days ago I published a book, which sold a copy before I could enrol it on kindle select for promotion. Now, would there be any problem if I enrol it for free promotion after it has begin to record sales?
There's nothing that stops you from promoting the book. I've had books that got up to 3 sales or borrows before the day I set for promotion.

The only risk is that the buyer may return the book if he sees it on free promo. However, it's better to take the risk of one returned book and promote your book to the 100s and sometimes 1000s of potential buyers that will see it during the promotion.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
mk82:

There's nothing that stops you from promoting the book. I've had books that got up to 3 sales or borrows before the day I set for promotion.

The only risk is that the buyer may return the book if he sees it on free promo. However, it's better to take the risk of one returned book and promote your book to the 100s and sometimes 1000s of potential buyers that will see it during the promotion.
Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
FELLAS, JUST A LITTLE QUESTION GETTING ME SCEPTICAL;

PLEASE IS KINDLE STILL LUCRATIVE ??
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by tabletgirl: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2014
I am waiting for mk82 to answer your question. I might have a small contribution but before I say anything could you please tell me how many books you have on kindle as at now.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

Here is the short answer to your question --Yes! Kdp is still very lucrative and will remain so for many years to come. When I have time, I may give the long answer.

Check my post above where I said you have chosen a tough niche. That is a major mistake many people on this thread are making.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mk82, I just discovered that kindle keeps your book automatically enrolled in Kdp select until you uncheck the selection. Now my question is: whats the upside and/or downside of keeping your books enrolled in kdp select every 3 months? What if I discontinue my enrollment after the first 3 months?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

Very funny question; had a real good laugh! Please drop the CAPS; it's hurting one's eyes man! Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
tabletgirl:
I am waiting for mk82 to answer your question. I might have a small contribution but before I say anything could you please tell me how many books you have on kindle as at now.

JUST ONE, THE FIRST.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
ferhyntorlah:
Very funny question; had a real good laugh! Please drop the CAPS; it's hurting one's eyes man! Thanks!

okay sorry for hurting your eyes, but what actually is funny ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

okay sorry for hurting your eyes, but what actually is funny ?
You asked if Kindle is still lucrative and that got me in stitches! Well, prof has answered you. Just look out for selling niches and keywords. Kindle has its "high" & "low" moments but that shouldn't STOP you from publishing.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
ferhyntorlah:
You asked if Kindle is still lucrative and that got me in stitches! Well, prof has answered you. Just look out for selling niches and keywords. Kindle has its "high" & "low" moments but that shouldn't STOP you from publishing.

okay thanks a lot, please how do i look out for selling niches and keywords. Sorry for the disturbance. But i really want to make a lot out of this.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

okay thanks a lot, please how do i look out for selling niches and keywords. Sorry for the disturbance. But i really want to make a lot out of this.
---------------------------------------------
mk82(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2013

Bestlyf: @MK82, how do I determined a narrowed down micro niche that gets searched a lot but have less
competition?

RESEARCH: METHOD TO NARROW DOWN
A NICHE
-Go to Google, type Amazon bestsellers.
Click on the amazon bestseller's link
-At amazon bestsellers, click on kindle store on the left side (do not use d search box at d top)
-at kindle store, click on kindle ebooks below it
-under kindle ebooks, u will see many categories. click on anyone dat u want and it will open subcategories. choose any
subcategory and click until their is no more subs.
- At this point, start checking the 100 books that are listed for dat sub-subcategory.
-right click any of the listed books and check d product details. It should have amazon sales rank below 20,000.
-determine d keyword of dat book. For instance, it could be a book on anger management.
-now open amazon on anoda tab and go to kindle ebooks.use d search box to search for the keyword 'anger management'. When d results open,select 'new and popular' on d right side.
-Open about 10 of d books to check their product details. their should be at least 5 to 7 books with amazon sales rank around 10k,20k,30k,40k. there should be many odas below 100k.
-this shows money is circulating in dat niche.

If these criteria are not satisfied, go to the bestseller's page and start over. Avoid
niches with many celebrity authors or those dat require professional qualifications.(https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/10)

Also go to this link: www.akelite.com/kindle-crusher-book.php and download the book.
(Download link provided by Sarahn-https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/26).

Read it and learn how to use keywords to optimise your book on amazon.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
ferhyntorlah:

---------------------------------------------
mk82(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2013

RESEARCH: METHOD TO NARROW DOWN
A NICHE
-Go to Google, type Amazon bestsellers.
Click on the amazon bestseller's link
-At amazon bestsellers, click on kindle store on the left side (do not use d search box at d top)
-at kindle store, click on kindle ebooks below it
-under kindle ebooks, u will see many categories. click on anyone dat u want and it will open subcategories. choose any
subcategory and click until their is no more subs.
- At this point, start checking the 100 books that are listed for dat sub-subcategory.
-right click any of the listed books and check d product details. It should have amazon sales rank below 20,000.
-determine d keyword of dat book. For instance, it could be a book on anger management.
-now open amazon on anoda tab and go to kindle ebooks.use d search box to search for the keyword 'anger management'. When d results open,select 'new and popular' on d right side.
-Open about 10 of d books to check their product details. their should be at least 5 to 7 books with amazon sales rank around 10k,20k,30k,40k. there should be many odas below 100k.
-this shows money is circulating in dat niche.

If these criteria are not satisfied, go to the bestseller's page and start over. Avoid
niches with many celebrity authors or those dat require professional qualifications.(https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/10)

Also go to this link: www.akelite.com/kindle-crusher-book.php and download the book.
(Download link provided by Sarahn-https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/26).

Read it and learn how to use keywords to optimise your book on amazon.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by majilv(f): 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mk82 God bless u sir.pls i need ur advice on hw to market a bk online.i n my family lived on dis bk supplyin to any govt org dat ve library n i tel u dey hardly reject it cos it an encyclopedia on nigeria n d 1st of its kind to b researched n published by a nigerian. We nw ve d bk at a lower price cos d second edition ll b out by mid nxt year.so we ar lookin for ppl to buy n supply to any org in nig dat hs a lib. D price per copy use to b 10k n we sell to d org at 20k,but nw it gose for 6k per copy.i ll like ur expertise to sell dis bk online at d reduced cost price. A flash ll do or better a text n i ll call bk.08036927772.tanks in advance.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2014
Bestlyf:
Mk82, I just discovered that kindle keeps your book automatically enrolled in Kdp select until you uncheck the selection. Now my question is: whats the upside and/or downside of keeping your books enrolled in kdp select every 3 months? What if I discontinue my enrollment after the first 3 months?
Still waiting for answers. Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by G12(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
greetings to the house
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by tabletgirl: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

Hello. I had thought you had a number of books already. I think you are just starting out n just looking for someone to reassure you. There you have it, it sure is. I know of someone who makes more than $8000 monthly from kindle. Just keep at it, learn from your mistakes, learn from.others and keep publishing no matter what.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by sundayerhun(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Publishing on Createspace and Lulu

Gone are the days you have to wait for eternity for a traditional publisher to pick up your book and publish.

Thanks to firms like createspace, and lulu that publish your book for free, and make it available for purchase worldwide. Your book is made available on their site, and anyone can order, and get the book delivered to his or her doorstep in a couple of days.

So simple, yet fantastic. For more info on publishing on these platforms, or you need someone to do the job for you for a stipend, CALL: 08110697800, 08164041005. Or email: sundayerhun@gmail.com

Successful people are always proactive.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2014
Bestlyf:

When your book is enrolled in KDP select, you have the chance of getting paid for borrows on KU/KOLL which is usually about $2 each. You also have the chance of promoting it again when it stops getting sales (if you still have promotion days left). The only reason for removing your books from KDP select is if you want to publish it on alternative platforms like Smashwords.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by P3trCruzZ(m): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2014
mk82:

When your book is enrolled in KDP select, you have the chance of getting paid for borrows on KU/KOLL which is usually about $2 each. You also have the chance of promoting it again when it stops getting sales (if you still have promotion days left). The only reason for removing your books from KDP select is if you want to publish it on alternative platforms like Smashwords.

SO CAN A BOOK BE ON AMAZON AND SMASHWORDS TOO ?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2014
i need help wit payoneer

i initially sent them a copy of the temporary national id card issued to me but it was instantly rejected...i thereafter obtained my international passport but they sent me another mail saying

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your application with the information provided.

In order to continue processing your application, we will need you to provide a proof of residence for your address.

Acceptable forms of proof of residence are:

A government-issued ID with your name and the address in your application (it is important that you have the exact address on the document, or we will not be able to accept it as proof of residence);

A copy of your recent utility bill bearing your name and this exact address (examples of utility bills we accept are gas, water, electricity, landline phone, internet, cable, etc.).

We cannot acceptbank statements, mobile phone bills, visas, or stamps in your passport.

Sincerely,
Devin
Customer Service

I asked customer service and the devin guy said i must bring all the requirements listed above, a government id with an address showing where im currently residing in and a government utility bill issued in my name.

my problem is i dont have a voters card, national id or driving licence yet?....and i dont own the building i reside in so bills dont come in my name

please did anyone experience this?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:47am On Dec 16, 2014
P3trCruzZ:

SO CAN A BOOK BE ON AMAZON AND SMASHWORDS TOO ?
Yes, as long as it is no longer enrolled in Kdp select.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (200) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.