Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (415745 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by chineduho: 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
so much drama on this thread,good thing most peeps are still making it online.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
lillylove2:
Pls who has written a novel here. Is it selling? Or is everybody writing non fiction

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 10:50am On Mar 12, 2016
Everyone, Amazon (without even sending an email) is randomly pulling out books... because Table of Contents is at the back. If you have a table of contents at the back, put it to the front now. Here is the link to the article : https://davidgaughran./2016/03/11/amazon-takes-aim-at-scammers-but-hits-authors/

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2016
Sarahn:
Everyone, Amazon (without even sending an email) is randomly pulling out books... because Table of Contents is at the back. If you have a table of contents at the back, put it to the front now. Here is the link to the article : https://davidgaughran./2016/03/11/amazon-takes-aim-at-scammers-but-hits-authors/

Why would anyone put Table of Content at the back? And where have you been madam?

7 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by duduade: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2016
Following patiently.

Thank you
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
kay29000:

Why would anyone put Table of Content at the back? And where have you been madam?

That's the question.
I have read plenty of ebooks where the author put the table of contents at the back.
Because it was too long and bulky to put at the front.

Oyibo peeps and their way of thinking sha.... smiley

Madam sarahn, it's been a while. Welcome back.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
EroticDesigns:

That's the question.
I have read plenty of ebooks where the author put the table of contents at the back.
Because it was too long and bulky to put at the front.

Oyibo peeps and their way of thinking sha.... smiley

Madam sarahn, it's been a while. Welcome back.

Hmm! Okay.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
Godmother:

Amen

Hey, Godmother, how is kindle business?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
kay29000:

Hey, Godmother, how is kindle business?

Sales has been a bit poor for the past 2 months and I haven't written any new books cos I'm sick. Still on 18 books since. Made just 28 sales last month but a lot of borrowed pages. This month doesn't seem to be so good either.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Godmother:

Sales has been a bit poor for the past 2 months and I haven't written any new books cos I'm sick. Still on 18 books since. Made just 28 sales last month but a lot of borrowed pages. This month doesn't seem to be so good either.

Hmm! Same here. Sales have been poor. I wanna start writing again. I wish you speady recovery. I will pray for you tonight.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by henrimoto(m): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
kay29000:

Hmm! Same here. Sales have been poor. I wanna start writing again. I wish you speady recovery. I will pray for you tonight.
Oga Kay, greetings to you. @ Godmother, greetingz to you too. Weldone.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
henrimoto:
Oga Kay, greetings to you. @ Godmother, greetingz to you too. Weldone.

Greetings to you sir.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Sarahn: 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
kay29000:

I think EroticDesigns has answered the first part of your question. And I've been around. NL has been quite boring as of late.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by usermane(m): 4:55am On Mar 23, 2016
kay29000:

I have a Novel up...it doesn't sell as much as non fiction, but I am guessing if I can write more novels, with time, people will recognize the name, and start buying. I just haven't had the time to do that yet. I can't write fiction on an empty stomach. lol! So, I have to write what makes fast money first.

That's the cover and link of my book below. I wish you all the best. By the way, I sell like 2-3 copies of it monthly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015VCSVYI?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Peace! I applaud your effort but there is a whole lot wrong with your novel.

See, publishing fiction on kindle is really different from publishing non-fiction. First, your novel is just 6000 words. This is enough to instantly deter buyers. On average, a kindle novel cannot be less than 70000-80000 words. Novellas or short stories pass for about 30000-40000 words. Seriously, no kindle reader will consider a fiction book of 6000 words worth a dime. Remember, you are selling in an American market, not a Nigerian market. This brings us to the second problem with your book: The setting of the story.

Why publish a novel set in Nigeria with mainly Nigerian characters on an American market? Imagine Nollywood releasing million copies of her movies in American market. You think they 'll get sales?

And thirdly, your pen name. Change it. Use an American or European pen name that Americans can relate with. Trust me, Americans are more hesitant and skeptical of the quality of a book written by Kayode than that written by George.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2016
@Mk82, gurus in the house Do you publish outside Azon? Any tips on how to boost sales? Marketing advice needed please!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ewenla202: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2016
@ Erotic Designs I have ecover jobs for you. Send ur contact to the phone no in my profile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2016
usermane:

Peace! I applaud your effort but there is a whole lot wrong with your novel.

See, publishing fiction on kindle is really different from publishing non-fiction. First, your novel is just 6000 words. This is enough to instantly deter buyers. On average, a kindle novel cannot be less than 70000-80000 words. Novellas or short stories pass for about 30000-40000 words. Seriously, no kindle reader will consider a fiction book of 6000 words worth a dime. Remember, you are selling in an American market, not a Nigerian market. This brings us to the second problem with your book: The setting of the story.

Why publish a novel set in Nigeria with mainly Nigerian characters on an American market? Imagine Nollywood releasing million copies of her movies in American market. You think they 'll get sales?

And thirdly, your pen name. Change it. Use an American or European pen name that Americans can relate with. Trust me, Americans are more hesitant and skeptical of the quality of a book written by Kayode than that written by George.

Pls show me your own successful book. It seems you know all the formulas that work. By the way, I know all what you mentioned... I didn't write the short series (it is a series) solely for monetary gains... I wrote it for name recognition, so why would I change my name? I didn't complain to anyone that I was having problems with my fiction book...so, thanks but no thanks for your advise.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kayo80(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2016
cry
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=kayo80 post=44031625]

Thanks, but no, thanks. I know all the odds you mentioned..My story is a short series novella, and I didn't put it up for money sakes. I am trying to achieve something money can't buy. You aew not me so you can't understand. So, no I will not change my name to a fake American name, and I will keep on stubbornly doing what I do. When I reach my goal, you will remember the name- kayode odusanya.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oops! I was responding with my other account. Time to get to work...this naysayer just put the battery back in my back. I have to achieve my goal by December.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 6:43am On Mar 24, 2016
Ewenla202:
@ Erotic Designs I have ecover jobs for you. Send ur contact to the phone no in my profile.

Hi, due to high rates of fraud on this forum, I'm currently only offering services on Fiverr at the moment.
If you still wish to transact, please check the website on my profile.
Thank you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ewenla202: 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
@Mk2,Sarahn, Godmother and all the knowledgeable "kindlers" please I need clarification concerning how to add bank account info to my kindle account. My registration with payoneer.com was approved and I was given Account reference number. Is it proper to fill this payoneer reference number as my account number and how do I link the payoneer with Nigerian local bank . Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by emmalexdboy(m): 6:51am On Mar 30, 2016
CC: MK84,Sarahn, Godmother, username

I intend to sell a particular book on my blog but I've already published it on Amazon. It's enrolled for KDP Select and I'm seeing reasonable result in sales and (especially) KENP.

I know KDP Select terms state you must not sell the book anywhere else or transfer the book digitally, only exclusive to Amazon.

What if I intend to send it as an attachment to an email address. Would that be regarded as a digital transfer and flagged by Amazon?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EroticDesigns: 8:18am On Mar 30, 2016
emmalexdboy:
CC: MK84,Sarahn, Godmother, username

I intend to sell a particular book on my blog but I've already published it on Amazon. It's enrolled for KDP Select and I'm seeing reasonable result in sales and (especially) KENP.

I know KDP Select terms state you must not sell the book anywhere else or transfer the book digitally, only exclusive to Amazon.

What if I intend to send it as an attachment to an email address. Would that be regarded as a digital transfer and flagged by Amazon?

Edit the file and convert like this:
(Title) ARC- Advanced Review Copy
Watermark the file with ARC.
That way Amazon can't hold you and flag the book.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Good evening everyone. I was going to buy my book but I got a reply like Kindle editions are not available in your country. Does this mean Nigerians can't buy my books or we can't buy just this book because it's the 2nd edition?

I can't find my payoneer details: acc. number, routing number etc. How do I get them?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Ewenla202: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
@Mk2,Sarahn, Godmother and all the knowledgeable "kindlers" please I need clarification concerning how to add bank account info to my kindle account. My registration with payoneer.com was approved and I was given Account reference number. Is it proper to fill this payoneer reference number as my account number and how do I link the payoneer with Nigerian local bank . Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by emho: 2:40am On Apr 21, 2016
I just completed a 500 well answered book in Physics, which will be a great material for students preparing for IGCSE and our own WAEC and JAMB, Can i sell this on Kindle?
My email is oloruntolaemho@gmail.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by meetmal03(f): 8:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2016
emho:
I just completed a 500 well answered book in Physics, which will be a great material for students preparing for IGCSE and our own WAEC and JAMB, Can i sell this on Kindle?
My email is oloruntolaemho@gmail.com

Sell it on kobo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.