Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband (20885 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Man Quits His Job In Microsoft As Product Manager To Be A House Husband;read Why / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by smudge2079(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
@Op u mean u want to be a house husband? Dats pathetic... U better remove dat thought from ur mind & get a life.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by cococandy(f): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2014
No problem as long as no one gets cheated in the arrangement.
If mama takes on breadwinning full time
Papa should take on house keeping full time
As long as both agree on it

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Op, everything is wrong with it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Genes1s: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Chai..oga o!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by damola57: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Hell no, it is very wrong. it makes the man mentally lazy. Know of a guy that does not have an official job and whose wife works in an oil company. After the wife has tried to set him up twice on transport business without any success, she let him be. The guy is busy lazying in the house minding the children, getting fat and becoming stupid. As it were, the role of stake holders in the house has been reversed.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Shenero(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2014
it's reall nothing in european countries bu,in africa here...mehn!!pple go shout at u sy u no fit takia of a wonan nd u dy get married
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by alphaomega(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2014
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?

sorry is ya case....
Chikena..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Blockus: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2014
[size=16pt]I Timothy 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2014
house wetin?? I will rather remain a bachelor

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by klensx: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up, O8IO8I3I92O, https://www.nairaland.com/1801065/klens-global-cheapest-pre-order
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Blackteeth(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2014
If you think it is wrong for a man to be a house husband then it should also be wrong for a woman to go out and work.
But seriously, most of us don't use our brains. Most of us don't think smart. Why should a woman be working and occupying positions meant for men to enable men discharge their natural duties as the bread winner? If these men get displaced from work by women, these women won't marry him and will accuse him of laziness. What a fucck?!
Women should be banned from working until Nigerian men and women are modern enough to interchange roles or else a future crisis is slowly brewing.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by siegfried99(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2014
egopersonified: Any guy who is comfortable being a house husband has not discovered the fact that he is gay.

Choi! cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by danot1030: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Op I don't know wot to say to ur lazy laced mind.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by qplus(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2014
Nothing wrong with it, but I won't marry you. grin

Its a common phenomenon is Sapele
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by adekayo1234(m): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2014
SeanT21: Yes. Men are the provider. They hustle and provide the family with their needs and wants.

Oya thank me cos I just helped u to fix something up there. I did it just for the sake of the jambites in the house
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Amhappy(f): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2014
This reminds me of a question someone ask some day. If a wife earns 750k and the husband earns 50k and they need someone to resign and mind their 2kids who should resign? For me it depends on the family. I dont suscribe to people falling from grace to grass because of ego or what people will say. My sis-inlaw is suffering such decision today. The man can baby sit for 6month while making plans to start a business and be self employed. You mustnt work for someone.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Oxone(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Lets assume in a family where the wife earns say over N500k/month or more in a multinational with better job security and prospect and the Man earns say 150/200k a month as a contract staff somewhere. If for some reason along the line, one of them needs to be a stay at home parent, who should it be?

Would you consider the overall interest of the family (kids and all) or your Ego?

Radiant, Sienna and co over to you

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Oxone(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Amhappy: This reminds me of a question someone ask some day. If a wife earns 750k and the husband earns 50k and they need someone to resign and mind their 2kids who should resign? For me it depends on the family. I dont suscribe to people falling from grace to grass because of ego or what people will say. My sis-inlaw is suffering such decision today. The man can baby sit for 6month while making plans to start a business and be self employed. You mustnt work for someone.

who are you? shocked

You just stole my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by iphedahyor(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2014
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?
lollzzz....there is nothing wrong in it jare,infact "full house husband" will be better.

....moderator,please move this topic to the JOKE section......it's hilarious and I'm really laughing my ass out.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by dubienatti(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2014
jennykadry: Honestly? no

Here in australia people see it as normal, but me see it as a taboo

Seriously?
u no ma dad told me dat it is better to b KILLED by a stray bullet dan to live off a woman..i never 4got dat..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Amhappy(f): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Oxone:

who are you? shocked

You just stole my thoughts

A human being lol
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by troy20(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2014
sadly its a growing trend.and its sad times to live too.the trend may be getting more acceptance by women and even men but it will come at a cost.and as with things like this, the balance of nature will pay the forfiet.and then we have a new problem to complain about.Truly its sad times to live.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2014
This is simply a rhetorical question. Being a house husband automatically makes you the wife. Boooo!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2014
Except for joblessness, I find it a disgrace and a shameful act.

It is an act that brings the male gender and the fatherhood institution to an embarassing low
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Bigsteveg(m): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2014
Siena: There's nothing wrong with it, no. As long as both husband and wife are in total agreement, and both are well aware of the roles they'll be playing. Looking after children as well as running the home is a job in itself, and sometimes more demanding than regular employment.

So where does the money to take care of the family cums from?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 16, 2014
evegran: This is simply a rhetorical question. Being a house husband automatically makes you the wife. Boooo!
....and that's when you women show your true colour.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2014
I don't want to talk of the rightness or wrongness of it but the fact that it can happen by chance. Men by orientation are to provide for their family and women are to manage the home. In the ages where strength is what put food on the table that is totally acceptable. In this age intellect and talents are the means of wealth creation. If a woman by means of her intellect or talent can provide more for the family then she automatically becomes the bread winner but not the head of the house.
The headship of the home is not defined by your productive capacity, it is a right given to men whether they are the ones cooking, changing diapers, mopping etc or they the ones hustling for the bread. Women intuitively know their place in the home just like the men. If you think it is a learned behavior go to homes of gay couples and learn a lesson or two.
Life sometimes put a man in a disadvantaged position where he can't put food on the table for his. Does that make him less of a man? Thumbs up for any man who choose to be at home in the interest of the family but cursed is any man who is too lazy to provide for his family, leaving the responsibility for his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by bloodykiller: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2014
the person sized to be a man
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Nobleval: ....and that's when you women show your true colour.
with pleasure! :d
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Bigsteveg(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Siena: Ada24, there are times when it's more practical for a woman to earn the bread! Let's say the man earns £1,600 per month, and the woman earns £2,000. It would make sense for the guy to be the house husband for a while. As for saying "God didn't make us like that", that's a load of baloney. God made us, period. We as Nigerians are over fond of bringing Religion into every thing, when there's absolutely no need.

You also need to realise, not all Nigerian men are the same, some live by practical rules, not social ones, whereby they're more concerned with how others may perceive their actions. If this is not for you, that's fine. My wife recently had our first child, and yes, she's currently a housewife; I do my share of housework, cook, clean, shop etc. It's no biggie - my ego will not override my sense of practicality. But debate based on what you know will work for you, without bringing God or Religion into the equation. It's not 1975, where things were different. These days, women can earn what their male counterparts take home, and more. There's no shame in a man looking after his children, if it's more practical for him to do so, and himself and his wife are in total agreement! What the outside world thinks wouldn't matter, unless outsiders pay their bills, and feed / clothe them?

Keep deceiving urself, do u even know the meaning of being a house husband?
U talk as if u were born in jupiter and grew up in mars. In an era where it is not even advisable for the woman to stay @hum, ure now talkin abt the man.

And for ur example, if both are on dat salary scale and one MUST sit @hum, dat person to sit @ hum should be the wife.

A man is very useless when he cant provide for his wife and children, so to even care for his extended family, he have to wait for his wife salary.

I shake my asss for u.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by dachisom(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Very wrong abeg.wats the dignity of being a man.nobody needs to tell u when ur wife uses it as an insult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / Northern Women Face Divorce, Trauma For Receiving Treatment From Male Doctors / Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.