Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband (20748 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Man Quits His Job In Microsoft As Product Manager To Be A House Husband;read Why / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Vavavoom(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Siena, I can relate with your position - in summary you have let us know that in the pursuit of happiness people should look out for what works (practical) for them rather than what direction society decide they tow. But you must understand that dogma in such matters will be hard to dislodge in this part of the world. It is a fight one can hardly win, maybe with time? One thing I am certain about: people will live fulfilled lives if they cared less about what other people think they must do to gain acceptance. Let people find their kind and the world will be a better place for all.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by loswhite(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?
nothing wrong @ all o afterall u are a male, so u can sit @ home and allow ur wife to do d working grin it makes u a real man
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by chimajii: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
wow, the plot twist in this thread is Real.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Oxone(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
I hate how people Bring up religion and bible verses to support their stance in an argument and discard it when it doesn't serve their purpose. ok then, Lets look at some bible verses together

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (I Timothy 5:8 )

For those quoting the the above verse to support your stand, here are some verses from the same bible that you should think about.

"Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says. And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church." (1 Cor. 14:34-35)

1 Timothy 2:12 : I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

The guys here ranting on how the bible forbids the topic above and yet have women in senior positions at work can now resign as the same bible forbids it and for the women saying same, you can also resign if you have a man under you as it is not permitted. From the above verses I guess we can now all agree that the women should be seen and not heard (Goodbye Feminism).

I wonder why some people are incapable of rational thought undecided

Here are a few questions I'd like answered

Shouldn't your family's best interest be paramount in whatever you do regardless of what society thinks in terms of right and wrong?

Don't you think your ego is but a small price to pay for the overall well being of your family?

[center]Any man/woman who doesn't put his/her family first has no business being married in the first place [/center]

10 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by spyg1(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Very wrong! women are dependants by nature, a man sitting @ home and allowing his wife to put food on the table, is just like reversing the nature.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by chimajii: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
spyg1: Very wrong! women are dependants by nature, a man sitting @ home and allowing his wife to put food on the table, is just like reversing the nature.

I wonder whether some of you Reason at all before tryin to post comments in a bid to jst throw in ur Misguided 2cents. U can do better!!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by shizzle11(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
Not a honourable/respectable place for a man to be/find himself undecided
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by shadowwalker101: 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ameenahz(f): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
It wouldn't have been a big deal especially since the average African man already thinks the wife MUST contribute a significant part of her income to the family's upkeep. But why should the man be a couch potato while the woman will go out and fend for their collective daily bread and still come back and cook, clean, wash and do the regular woman duties? It will be grossly unfair. If the man wants to be the stay-at-home 'person', then he should help the wife out by doing some of her 'duties' too. It is not me o, it is the African system.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by delishpot: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?

As long as he doesnt mind doing what house wives do at home.
Cook,clean, nurse etc.
As lonf as his wife goes to work to feed and meet needs yet he is at home not assisting witg running the home front, there will be wahala. Because leaving all financial burden on one partner means the other half has to handle a lot in the home front.
If they agree to this then anyone can stay at home to care for the home front while the other works.
But to me o, I believe the man should take pride in being men. Unless things are a bit rough for him should he sitdown at home. He should constantly be on the lookout for good offers. If gis wife is understanding and they both agree on a stay at home hubby, then by all means they are welcome.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Sit home husband.Abeg,I don't a husband that over do chores.It might irritate me.Imagine my husband with wrapper on his waist.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ifekemmy(f): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=coolier]Nothing wrong with it, 'What a woman can do a man can also do!'.

He is a lazy man, any man dat doesn't work shld not eat
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ireneidiva(f): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
Everything is wrong with being a housewife therefore, being a house husband is equally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Jeffoo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Guy wake up
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by troy20(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
shaybebaby: Again, evidence of the simpletons we call Nigerians. Might as well be zombies because majority seem incapable of rational thought.
Sienna, NicknJazz, the reason why our country will continue to be the way it is is because peeps like you are in the minority as is evident from the asininity spewing out of the mouths of most of the commentators on this thread.
As for the women on this thread, if you can expect your man to feed to your sorry bottoms and see it as a right, then you should be okay to do the same if your might is greater than his in terms of earning capacity.
It's a no brainer, if I earn more than my man and for him to remain at work means leaving my kids with a stranger(paid), I'd forgo his income because after myself as the mum, the next person who would be just as invested in my child is the father for however long it takes to raise that child.
you might have to watch your tongue there.not everything passess through rational thoughts.and its very ironical that their is hardly much rational with women.so if you forgo his income what do you actually intend doing?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
benit: A man could sit at home and take care of the house while he makes cash from online business. In these days of technological advancement, most people can make money in their houses.
That's working from home....this is about being a house husband...husband at home cooking, washing, dusting the furniture ...washing the dishes while the wife is out working. If unemployed at the time or suffering from some sickness or handicapped to me is ok...other than that...it is natural for a manly man to be out and be the provider. Not all men are manly...just saying.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by sordique81(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Godalone:
You have mis-interpreted the topic.
nah! He twisted it
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
A thread from 2008 making front page, nawa for this mods oh shockedshocked
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Richy4(m): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Op I do not know how much you watch Nollywood movies. If you don't, it is all good because the answer you seek lies between this two characters. All you need is go to YouTube.

Let's say God blessed you with a wonderful mother in law like Patience Ozowor.And due to the love he has for you, added a father in law like Chinwetalu Agu.
I'm not gonna stress much but this two will give you the answer that you seek practically.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
There is nothing wrong with it as long as the wife is ok with it same way if it was the other way round.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Emmaomotob(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Oxone: I hate how people Bring up religion and bible verses to support their stance in an argument and discard it when it doesn't serve their purpose. ok then, Lets look at some bible verses together

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (I Timothy 5:8 )

For those quoting the the above verse to support your stand, here are some verses from the same bible that you should think about.

"Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law also says. And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church." (1 Cor. 14:34-35)

1 Timothy 2:12 : I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

The guys here ranting on how the bible forbids the topic above and yet have women in senior positions at work can now resign as the same bible forbids it and for the women saying same, you can also resign if you have a man under you as it is not permitted. From the above verses I guess we can now all agree that the women should be seen and not heard (Goodbye Feminism).

I wonder why some people are incapable of rational thought undecided

Here are a few questions I'd like answered

Shouldn't your family's best interest be paramount in whatever you do regardless of what society thinks in terms of right and wrong?

Don't you think your ego is but a small price to pay for the overall well being of your family?

[center]Any man/woman who doesn't put his/her family first has no business being married in the first place [/center]

Okay!!!!We all know that is not an African culture for women not to have voice,i've even heard in history about women leaders staging a protest to topple a bad government.Women had to fight in Saudi Arabia to have right to drive cars but a South western woman was the first to Every ride a car in Nigeria.
If feminism is allowed to Nigeria,it will wipe a lot of sweet women and replace them with shemales adding insult to injury.
So stop justifying feminism as it wasn't feminism that provided right to Afican women expectially Western Nigeria that has made women bitter,loose value,support gay,anti-family,anti-male,abortion(over 50million abortions in America alone) bla bla bla.
Men are usually born with ego and it's very hard to curtail it unlike in women.
On the issue of minding business,I don't have to,I need to speak on the irregularly in someone's behavior so that it doesn't spread to others.'If ur neighbour is eating a poisonous insect,call his attention,if not,his wailing won't let you sleep at night'.
You can go ahead but let me tell you that as pride is to men so is rebellion to women.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
there is everything wrong with a stay at home husband. it is wrong on every level, i cant even start explaining it. no man should ever be a stay at home husband no matter how lazy he is. infact it should be a punishable crime against the law.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by shaybebaby(f): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
troy20:
you might have to watch your tongue there.not everything passess through rational thoughts.and its very ironical that their is hardly much rational with women.so if you forgo his income what do you actually intend doing?
Whatever it is that I'd been doing that made me the higher earner. It's called playing to your strengths and doing what works best for your family at any given time. Everything that benefits ones family as unit must be explored without the rigidity of gender assigned roles.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nothing wrong... so long as he is able to pay the bills, buy beautiful and expensive gifts for her, take her out on exotic trips ... and fkcu her brains out anytime she wants. wink
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
ameenahz: It wouldn't have been a big deal especially since the average African man already thinks the wife MUST contribute a significant part of her income to the family's upkeep. But why should the man be a couch potato while the woman will go out and fend for their collective daily bread and still come back and cook, clean, wash and do the regular woman duties? It will be grossly unfair. If the man wants to be the stay-at-home 'person', then he should help the wife out by doing some of her 'duties' too. It is not me o, it is the African system.

sigh. stay at home moms are heralded as strong, hard working, unappreciated.

stay at home fathers on the other hand= Couch Potato.

SMH

NOT THAT I COULD EVER BE A STAY AT HOME DAD.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ameenahz(f): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
AncientJerk:

sigh. stay at home moms are heralded as strong, hard working, unappreciated.

stay at home fathers on the other hand= Couch Potato.

SMH

NOT THAT I COULD EVER BE A STAY AT HOME DAD.

You don't understand me. What i am trying to say is this: an average Nigerian man will never do house chores except when it is absolutely necessary. My husband for one has never gone beyond making eba for himself whenever i'm not around even though his job is less demanding than mine. If a man thinks chores are for women and still does not work, what will he be doing at home except watching Supersport? The poor woman will go out and work and will still have to come back face chores.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Tex42(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
in planet Mars,there is nothing wrong with it. buh in this part of the universe(earth),in 9ja for that mata!,mehn! everything is wrong with it o!.mògbé!;wife comes back 4rm work and the man b like,welcomw sweet,collect her hand bag,her 1.5feet tall cover shoes and her jacket and off he goes to the bedroom,drops her stuff and zooms into the bathroom,u know na!,then with a stout voice(bass);sweet!, bathing water is ready.still on the mata,he appears in the kitchen,4rm the kitchen to the dinning and finally in the bedroom again,this time with a big grin on his face,and he goes;honey dinner is served,lets go to the dinning...whole thing sounds wacky and tastes sheety.ONLY MEN IN CENTURIES TO COME(30th century)CAN DO THAT BRO.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Babsopey(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2014

You mean like ''Gbewudani''?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Btzzk: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
I av been there I hope no one pray for that. Got accident cannot work for years, my wife started behave like I'm no more a man, went back to school after many years I'm now making more than my wife. I still remind her everything see say then, I have let it go bu I will never never emerging myself in that position again.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Babsopey(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2014

You mean like ''Gbewudani''?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by abdoolorunwa(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
It will be incurring the wrath of God.we cant afford it not nw not ever! for a bird who seeks rain cannot withstand d storm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. / Adorable Reaction Of An Old Woman To Her Grandson’s New Car (Video ) / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.