Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband (20737 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Man Quits His Job In Microsoft As Product Manager To Be A House Husband;read Why / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Emmaomotob(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2014
cheesy Yeye man,in some cases some wives beat up dummies like that.
From my observation,most women hate men who are much poorer not to talk of HOUSE HUSBAND!!! wink angry angry grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Jman06(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2014
There's everything wrong with that. Men should provide for their family while women should be loyal to their men and take care of the home front. That's how nature has made it and no side should try to take on the other's roles. WHAT A MAN CAN DO A WOMAN SHOULD NEVER DO AND VICE VERSA.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Godmystrength: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Does being the house husband means that he will be doing everything that is expected of the housewife? Does it also means that when the wife comes back from the office, she will take over from where he stopped or leave him to finish up and meet her in bed? I don't even buy this idea of the voluntary house husband thing o because someone will eventually get cheated. (not taking about where the decision is not be choice but by some sort of unfortunate conditions).

I have seen threads here where men argue that the house wife should not expect her husband to come back from the office after a hard day and help out with the chores (i.e what has the woman been doing all day). I hope your position will not change if a working woman comes to nairaland to complain about how her house husband wants her to help out with chores after coming back from work.

Please let everybody get something doing o even if it is small. You can imagine a house husband whose mum is visiting. All she will be complain of is what the wife has turned his son to. She won't care to know if the wife has been the one responsible for all the money and things she has been receiving in the village. Me i don't want any MIL wahala o.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by kamez(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2014
There is nothing wrong with it my dear lazy brother..

Mtcheeeew!! Anuofia
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Mintayo(m): 10:16am On Jul 16, 2014
That's irresponsibilty.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by MightySparrow: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Good idea, be a role model.

Seeing you in theatre of insults
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by dubienatti(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Oxone: Lets assume the wife earns lets say over N500k/month or more in a multinational with better job security and better prospect and the Man earns say 150/200k a month as a contract staff somewhere. If for some reason along the line, one of them needs to be a stay at home parent, who should it be?

Now before you all let your Ego get the best of you, remember that there are kids involved

Radiant, Sienna and co over to you
guy ma dad told me dat its better to b killed by a stray bullet dan to live off a woman..bottom line even if ma wife na Bill Gate i will never baby sit/resign..when d kids grow up dey wil understand.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by thaira(f): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
So many will say it should not be that way yet the way men go about it in this Nigeria is terrible. When they find themselves staying at home either from being laid off or from laziness, they don't do house chores, they don't help with the children, and when the woman buys things for the house, they don't say thank you. Sometimes they are even the wife beaters, venting their frustration on their wife.
I've heard of some in farming communities in the south-south who stay home while the wives and children till the farmland yet when the farm produce is sold, they collect it and send on akpeteshie.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Missmossy(f): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2014
What a reincarnated thread! What makes a man termed to be a man is his ability to fend and care for his family.

No woman in her right senses will respect a man who stays at home all day doing nothing. The man in question,is he jobless?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by KanayoIkeh(m): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2014
There is nothing wrong with it.

Tie a wrapper while you're at it!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by rellawyt(f): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2014
Nothing wrong my dear jes keep it up! grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by coachwilcox(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Sick and tired of all these topics on nairaland by girls trying to reverse the roles of the sexes due to feminist ideas being programmed into their heads.

First, the bible states that any man who cannot provide for his family is worse than a person without faith. Would you do that at home? Stop watching desperate housewives and friends where the hubby sits at home while the wives go hustling.

Also, same girls who spew forth rubbish here will go to their sisters/girl friends home and when said sister/friend's hubby is a sit at home man they go ballistic calling him lazy and a percher.

Women dont even know what they want....
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by PrettySpicey(f): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2014
yes.... its called infidel by the Bible
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Richy4(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2014
That's a very funny question.

Op let me ask you this. Have you pulse to think about what your father in law will say? Are your comments or moral contributions ever gonna have weight

Hmmm. What if you have a mother in law like Patience Ozokwo how will you deal with her in your new career of house husband?

It will not work in African because we are known for extended family. Not nuclear..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by JEITO: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2014
If what you want is for your husband to start looking, thinking and acting as a regular house-wife would, then I will support your desire for a house-husband( houseband)
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Augustinarose12(f): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2014
is vry wrong,men has ben the head right 4rm the bible sadto the wife ur husband will nw b/com the huse husband winki disagree ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Creamish(f): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2014
Wrong.

Kills respect & Pride.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Dcmg(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2014
Abeg o,is there anything wrong with being a single Dad?Cos,e b like say na this part me i go follow o.
Not gay,perfectly straight.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Siena: There's nothing wrong with it, no. As long as both husband and wife are in total agreement, and both are well aware of the roles they'll be playing. Looking after children as well as running the home is a job in itself, and sometimes more demanding than regular employment.

That's the undiluted truth bro. Wish there were many more men and women with this train of comprehension.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Victoriousvic: Hian! This thread was created since 2008! shocked

Doesn't mean it's relevance still doesn't hold in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by DSuperWoman(f): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2014
Welll I believe that however a man and his wife plan to run their family affairs its their buisness in as much as it works for them.

See what some ladies had to say about. "A womans place in the kitchen"

http://www.dsuperwoman.com/2014/07/girls-chat-what-is-your-take-on-phrase.html?m=1
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Bunchersstab(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i jst dey imagin a MAN backin der baby & pounding yam...
Also singin lullaby for d baby.
chai, der is God oh

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by LyfeJennings(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Woe betide any man that decides to be a "House Husband"...

WTF!!! I go die.. why in earth would and should any man decide to be a vegetable. It is very very very very very WRONG
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Demainman1: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2014
O'Man never become house husband sef, yet wife no dey respect pesin. if i become a house husband. na cane madam go take dey flog man o cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ameenahz(f): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2014
As long as i wont have to bath babies, clean, cook, wash and scrub......

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Donvilo(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2014
@Topic: The answer is No. There is nothin wrong with it. It's the same way as asking, "If there's anything wrong with a wife being the bread winner?," This could be somehow seen as aspect of "TRADING PLACES" just for the fun of it or may be for one member to relieve the other of stress or may be just for one to feel what it is like to be in the other person's shoes. undecided
You see, the big deal here is not actually about either of the party taking a role that is not exclusively meant for the each of the particular proposed individual, No; it is about a case of mutual agreement & understanding of priorities between the man & the woman. Remember OP, marriage is originally created to be a RELATIONSHIP OF TEAMWORK, with each individual given a responsibility that best suites them; which is, the man as the head (The breadwinner of course) & the woman as the heart (The home maker) so that the equation will be balanced wink
So what am I trying to insinuate here if one may ask? Well, this is it; 'It is the responsibility of the husband & wife to decide for themselves how it is best for them to run their homes, regardless of what the society may say or what any other person may think of such' Why? It's because it's their home not yours angry It's nobody's business undecided I mean to say.
Oh, one more thing; it also depends on your personality & the personality of the one you are married to (for the married ones) OR the kind of person you(as an umarried one) want to settle down with. Chikena

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by cold(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2014
I'm aware of a family where the man has never worked since they got married. The wife is high up there in the NHS so i think it was kind of a mutual agreement thing. Recently the wife just bought him a Range Rover sport [Overfinch] to 'upgrade his status'. So yeah it does work for some couples.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by willorie(f): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2014
It's not responsible, proper & appropriate too for a man to be at home & be taking care of the house while the wife is the only one putting food on the table.....Haba! There'll be no respect nao & it'll aspire to sumting else......such a man ain't a "MAN" to me
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by angela98(f): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
For a healthy man, Everything is wrong with it. Except the man has disabilities. God knows I can't put up with such men. I love hardworking men. Men whom are vibrant and very active. I will easily lost respect for him and fall out of love for him. Whether he is good in bed or not. I despise lazy men. cool

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by shaybebaby(f): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
Again, evidence of the simpletons we call Nigerians. Might as well be zombies because majority seem incapable of rational thought.
Sienna, NicknJazz, the reason why our country will continue to be the way it is is because peeps like you are in the minority as is evident from the asininity spewing out of the mouths of most of the commentators on this thread.
As for the women on this thread, if you can expect your man to feed to your sorry bottoms and see it as a right, then you should be okay to do the same if your might is greater than his in terms of earning capacity.
It's a no brainer, if I earn more than my man and for him to remain at work means leaving my kids with a stranger(paid), I'd forgo his income because after myself as the mum, the next person who would be just as invested in my child is the father for however long it takes to raise that child.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Slickest(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
That's y men are naturally stronger, to protect nd provyd 4d family...u shld b ashamed 4 askin such, sit @home while ur woman works, stop d thought nd man up........
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by willorie(f): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
cold: I'm aware of a family where the man has never worked since they got married. The wife is high up there in the NHS so i think it was kind of a mutual agreement thing. Recently the wife just bought him a Range Rover sport [Overfinch] to 'upgrade his status'. So yeah it does work for some couples.

so na only to dey f**k the wife impregnate, eat food him sabi do abi? Gosh! the wife is over pampering him nao or was she desperate of him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Find Your Future Spouse / Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out / Are You Sexualizing Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.