Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? (36525 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
adsonstone:

we have agreed that the passage (1 Cor 3:13-15) talks about Judgment....and reward.
Now, the bone of contention:

what is this reward and what is the 'saved as through fire'

you said reward= Heaven (aftermath).
I insisted that it isnt specified...so, I cant conclude.

'Saved as through fire'
You said purgatory,
I said judgment.

Of course we tested both and purgatory was found to be 'without sense' in that passage.

....and I have told you (not once, not twice) that I cant conclude cos it remains unspecified.
Perhaps, If I study more and gain more insight, there might be a conclusion.

.....by the way, have you cunningly bowed in shame by diverting to this topic?
What happened to all whats in the post you quoted?
You gave a reply not relating to what you quoted.

Please, just stop making me waste my time. If you cant answer my question, I will only attend to your points if/when I feel like.

Whatever you feel about it doesn't move me.

Is it accurate to say that you dont know if the passage is talking about judgement alone, or judgement and its aftermath?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Are you saying that one who overdrinks once is doomed to hell since it is unforgivable? Yes or no.

Are you saying that a Saint who willfully tells a small lie just once and dies without asking for forgiveness will go to heaven while a Saint who willfully overdrinks just once and dies without asking for forgiveness will likely go to hell?

Please clarify concisely.

I never mentioned unforgiveable sin here.

there is no reason for clearification. the point is clear.

willful sin is serious. as for the above about blowing a plane or telling a lie. I ve said that sin has degrees. the lie may or may not be on serious issue that God will let the person miss out in the kingdom cos He knows we are dust. depending on the situation or thing lied upon.

on the other hand, blowing up a plane willfully is no minor sin. you murdered innocent lives, God cannot over look such sin cos it is serious.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 6:31am On Nov 12, 2013
JMAN05:

I never mentioned unforgiveable sin here.

there is no reason for clearification. the point is clear.

willful sin is serious. as for the above about blowing a plane or telling a lie. I ve said that sin has degrees. the lie may or may not be on serious issue that God will let the person miss out in the kingdom cos He knows we are dust. depending on the situation or thing lied upon.

on the other hand, blowing up a plane willfully is no minor sin. you murdered innocent lives, God cannot over look such sin cos it is serious.
Mortal and venial sin proved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 7:55am On Nov 12, 2013
Sal C: Mortal and venial sin proved.

!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Please, just stop making me waste my time. If you cant answer my question, I will only attend to your points if/when I feel like.

Whatever you feel about it doesn't move me.

Is it accurate to say that you dont know if the passage is talking about judgement alone, or judgement and its aftermath?

Following.

That conclusion is inaccurate.

The passage (1 Cor 3:13-15) talks strictly about Judgment (and reward) only. No aftermath.
Is that ok??
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Why should we bother our heads when you have absolutely no regard for apostolic succession?

You believe in those who set up their private businesses and call it God's Church.

You say 'regard'?
Regard for dubious claims?
Perhaps, when its set straight.

and....the question before you is:

Who do we believe?
The Roman catholics or the orthodox?

If you have no serious answer, indicate please; and stop making the whole 'claim' more dubious.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by amaralizzy40y: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sal C: Mortal and venial sin proved.
sin na sin. No mata how smal or big all na deysame, notin lyk mortal n venial simple. take it or live it.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
sin na sin. No mata how smal or big all na deysame, notin lyk mortal n venial simple. take it or live it.

Sin is sin, however, some sins are viewed more serious than others. this is a fact.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:

Please if a righteous man/woman is driving , suddenly he lost control of the vehicle due to brake failure and he/she ran into another person and kill that person...................pls has he committed a sin? If you're to judge that righteous man; how will you judge him

NOTE: he/she has been a righteous man or woman through his/her life.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

Following.

That conclusion is inaccurate.

The passage (1 Cor 3:13-15) talks strictly about Judgment (and reward) only. No aftermath.
Is that ok??

It should be, only, you earlier told me it talked about eternal damnation too.

If eternal damnation isnt the aftermath of judgement, then does judgement day last for eternity?

Please clarify.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

You say 'regard'?
Regard for dubious claims?
Perhaps, when its set straight.

and....the question before you is:

Who do we believe?
The Roman catholics or the orthodox?

If you have no serious answer, indicate please; and stop making the whole 'claim' more dubious.

You have no regard for apostolic succession. It is no use wasting my time.

Keep believing your CEO, Kumuyi.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by SalC: 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
You enjoy quoting me, no?
Look at what your fellow protestants are doing to you, dragging your face to the mud. SMH.
You will do well to reply them after reading John 19V11.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 4:37am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:

You have no regard for apostolic succession. It is no use wasting my time.

Keep believing your CEO, Kumuyi.

You see, no honest answer.

For now, they are dubious claims which you don't expect me to believe and since you can't clarify your position, it remains a dubious claim.

Anyway, it doesn't mean a thing to me (as long as they are not clarified).
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 4:45am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:

It should be, only, you earlier told me it talked about eternal damnation too.

If eternal damnation isnt the aftermath of judgement, then does judgement day last for eternity?

Please clarify.

Check the verses I posted (13-15)
or maybe I should post them fully.

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest:
for the day shall declare it, because it shall be
revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every
man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built
thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall
suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

These talks strictly about judgment (and reward) only.

The one that talks about destruction, which I mentioned earlier is

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him
shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

This is the destruction verse....and the reason for destruction is clear.

Very simple!

Hope that's been clarified.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 7:36am On Nov 13, 2013
No answer is given you because, in the first place, you have no regard for apostolic succession.

It would be like answer an Atheist's question on the Bible. You'd be wasting your time because they have no regard for the authenticity or veracity of the Bible. Go and try it. There are many Atheists on nairaland waiting for you to answer them questions on the Bible.

https://www.nairaland.com/1515303/some-arguments-against-bible-joshthefirst#19499428

When you do that, and get any results, I will answer you.

adsonstone:

For now, they are dubious claims which you don't expect me to believe and since you can't clarify your position, it remains a dubious claim.

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2013
Deceit!

I never narrowed this question to those few verses.

I asked about the passage and you know it.

adsonstone:

Check the verses I posted (13-15)
or maybe I should post them fully.

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest:
for the day shall declare it, because it shall be
revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every
man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built
thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall
suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

These talks strictly about judgment (and reward) only.

The one that talks about destruction, which I mentioned earlier is

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him
shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

This is the destruction verse....and the reason for destruction is clear.

Very simple!

Hope that's been clarified.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2013
italo: Deceit!

I never narrowed this question to those few verses.

I asked about the passage and you know it.

That's no deceit.

It would be wrong for me to say that the whole passage talks about judgment and aftermath- which you may misunderstand my opinion.

That's why I separated them and showed what each talks about.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:
No answer is given you because, in the first place, you have no regard for apostolic succession.

It would be like answer an Atheist's question on the Bible. You'd be wasting your time because they have no regard for the authenticity or veracity of the Bible. Go and try it. There are many Atheists on nairaland waiting for you to answer them questions on the Bible.

https://www.nairaland.com/1515303/some-arguments-against-bible-joshthefirst#19499428

When you do that, and get any results, I will answer you.

Atheists?
Much more different.

We both know that:
They don't even understand why they don't believe in God, they can't even explain what they believe in (especially the cause of the big bang).....how do you expect them to believe what's in the bible?

So, I don't waste time with them though I leave them with puzzling questions that shows them that they are without reason for not believing in God.

Our own discussion;
I know there such thing as apostolic succession but do you know how many claims are linked with it?
If that can be cleared, it would be much more better.

Just like the same way I know that there's a God approved religion and there are several claims as to which one is.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2013
Mtchew!

adsonstone:

That's no deceit.

It would be wrong for me to say that the whole passage talks about judgment and aftermath- which you may misunderstand my opinion.

That's why I separated them and showed what each talks about.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Atheists know there is such a thing as religion and faith Iin the true God but they know there are many claims to it, though they dont believe in lt like you dont believe in apostolic succession.

Why should I clarify true apostolic succession to you if you dont want to clarify true religion to Atheists?

adsonstone:

Atheists?
Much more different.

We both know that:
They don't even understand why they don't believe in God, they can't even explain what they believe in (especially the cause of the big bang).....how do you expect them to believe what's in the bible?

So, I don't waste time with them though I leave them with puzzling questions that shows them that they are without reason for not believing in God.

Our own discussion;
I know there such thing as apostolic succession but do you know how many claims are linked with it?
If that can be cleared, it would be much more better.

Just like the same way I know that there's a God approved religion and there are several claims as to which one is.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 11:14am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:
Atheists know there is such a thing as religion and faith Iin the true God[ but they know there are many claims to it though they dont believe in lt like you dont believe in apostolic succession.

Why should I clarify true apostolic succession to you if you dont want to clarify true religion to Atheists?

The bold isn't true.
They believe there exist no such person as God.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2013
italo: Mtchew!

Come back here!

Are you trying to escape?
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2013
You have started you dishonesty again. Where did i say they believe God exists. Pls, if i outrightly ignore your posts in future, know that im just not ready to waste time on your dishonesty.

adsonstone:

The bold isn't true.
They believe there exist no such person as God.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by italo: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
*Ignored*

adsonstone:

Come back here!

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
italo: You have started you dishonesty again. Where did i say they believe God exists. Pls, if i outrightly ignore your posts in future, know that im just not ready to waste time on your dishonesty.

smh.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by adsonstone: 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
italo: *Ignored*

yes, simply because you have no more lies to put foward.

The first that says the Hades/Purgatorium
inhabitants are judged before going there (a future judgment) has been refuted because It has been clearly shown that they are judged in the second judgment.

The second lie that states that Jesus's 1000-year reign has started has also been refuted (with just a point found in rev 20:2-3)....and immdiately you were refuted, refusing to own up or bow in shame, you diverted to this one that has just been clarified.

No more lies to put foward! Now claiming to be 'ignoring'.....mtcheeew....smh for your ignorance.

I mentioned earlier that you'll eventually shy away claiming you're ignoring.....and thats whats happening.

No problem anyway. Its the normal thing you do.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by kingk(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
adsonstone:

yes, simply because you have no more lies to put foward.

inhabitants are judged before going there (a future judgment) has been refuted because It has been clearly shown that they are judged in the second judgment.

The second lie that states that Jesus's 1000-year reign has started has also been refuted (with just a point found in rev 20:2-3)....and immdiately you were refuted, refusing to own up or bow in shame, you diverted to this one that has just been clarified.

No more lies to put foward! Now claiming to be 'ignoring'.....mtcheeew....smh for your ignorance.

I mentioned earlier that you'll eventually shy away claiming you're ignoring.....and thats whats happening.

@ italo grin
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2013
adsonstone:

lol, how can tradition be clarified. you are suffering him alot.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2013
italo: Atheists know there is such a thing as religion and faith Iin the true God but they know there are many claims to it, though they dont believe in lt like you dont believe in apostolic succession.

master of divertion. you now dey talk about atheist. clarify apostolic succession and you are running away.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2013
adsonstone:

Come back here!

catch am catch am, keke go hit am oo.
Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2013
adsonstone:

[size=20pt]yes, simply because you have no more lies to put foward.[/size]

Italo don smell am. if he sees you again, e go dodge. instead of him to sincerely say it is an unbiblical tradition, he is here looking for a scripture to twist it into. dey made the bible and forgot to insert purgatory.

oh! so catholic teach the bolded? so so so you mean that infallible catholic teach that bolded? so you mean they teach the bolded? ah!!! people like italo are the MOST insincere people on earth. I know you also believe that lie italo, not so?

please when did they say this rulership of christ began?

1 Like

Re: Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? by Syncan(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:

Amii dear, I have been away and you never looked for me, why na. On the above, pls check out 1john 5:17
"All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death".

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Illuminati Killed Ebony Reigns - Evangelist Emmanuel Addai Reveals (video) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Forgives Stephanie Otobo, Reverses All Curses Laid On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.