Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,441 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man (6279 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice one....
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by True2myself24(f): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Women are strong and can achieve all they want ..

You have women who work 24 hours to provide an education for their children and provide an edge

In Morocco, these women carry heavy loads to provide for their famillies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24706863

Wow, very interesting article.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

this journey is now longer than exodus. i can't wait to see you guys get there. i hope it happens before my demise. grin

@Coogar, this is where we used to be...
We will get there soon enough.

»Retro ads depicting women as 2nd rate and thought
nothing of it. And although we have come a long way, we still have lots of hills to climb. Society has stereotyped for years and continues to do so. Below are some retro ads that boldly stated “it a mans world”. Dafuq were they thinking?«

Source: www.radass.com/2013/07/08/retro-ads/
www.icanhasinternets.com/2010/05/25-horribly-sexist-vintage-ads/

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by ladygogo: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne: @Lady gogo: it is also not enough for a woman to be in a 'male dominated' field; she must have the drive
There is nothing wrong in a woman studying arts or G & C as long as she is not there because she is a woman!

For example, I have the passion to motivate and inspire women starting from their teens; I also have the drive for relationship stuffs...

I am looking at becoming a lecturer /teacher in future so that I can connect to my target group. I also like to write so I know I would write books on the subject. There are also a lot of things I have drive/ passion for.

I have never dreamt to be a banker and I know my dream of lecturing is not lesser than a banker. No dream is too small as long as it will better the lives of the target people and it is in line with God's will

You are very right.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Another thing I have realized is that not everyone would be leaders...

Some people have the gift of leadership and others don't but everyone can excel in their give positions. The 'I will be the head and not the tail' confession comes to mind but not everyone can be the president of Nigeria or the CEO of a bank/company. If we look at all those who excelled in the Bible, most had bosses they reported to. We have Daniel, Joseph, Zerubabbel, Nehemiah, Ezra etc. Most of them were even slaves but still excelled. We ought not to wait until we are the CEO before shining in whatever or wherever we find ourselves.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Nice one....

Which one is nice one?
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
theLORDreigns:

@Coogar, this is where we used to be...

»Retro ads depicting women as 2nd rate and thought
nothing of it. And although we have come a long way, we still have lots of hills to climb. Society has stereotyped for years and continues to do so. Below are some retro ads that boldly stated “it a mans world”. Dafuq were they thinking?«

Source: www.radass.com/2013/07/08/retro-ads/
www.icanhasinternets.com/2010/05/25-horribly-sexist-vintage-ads/

See the way the woman is smiling sef! Like she won lottery
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

See the way the woman is smiling sef! Like she won lottery

gringringringrin

That's the former impression of 'a good housewife'

*yimus*

I've been trying to upload more since, it finally worked. Check again, I've editted it.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
theLORDreigns:

gringringringrin

That's the former impression of 'a good housewife'

*yimus*

I've been trying to upload more since, it finally worked. Check again, I've editted it.

We have certainly come a very lonnnnng way

It is well
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

We have certainly come a very lonnnnng way

It is well

Yes we have...

Some more oo tongue tongue

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
True2myself24:

Wow, very interesting article.

Yep

@buka..nice one being your dream
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by ladygogo: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Lol. really hilarious adverts! @ the lord reigns
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by ireneidiva(f): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
I am a woman! I choose a male dominated profession. I am one of the best where i currently am. I know i will eventually rise to the top. I have dreams and i know where i want to be. Armed with this knowledge, i ignore people that remind me that i'm a lady and i need to slow down. The man in my life has to understand this and cope.

3 Likes

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

Yep

@buka..nice one being your dream

Thanks
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by damiso(f): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2013
Nice thread....am too tired to be typing epistles cos right now am sick of typing and screens.I haate courseworks now and I used to love them o cry cry cry Chai adult education no easy o.

I think I have mentioned it before on NL that I think my husband complements me to be what God wants me to be.Me I dont believe all this romance fairytale ish of 'My Husband completes me"(Ok sometimes I might use it as a romantic endearment but its just a figure of speech wink).I think that's where we women sometimes miss it, looking for that man to complete us.God created us all with a purpose.Try to look for your purpose.It might not be a popular consensus on this thread but I believe that part of that purpose (not all) might be to raise a positive next generation.In my opinion this is for both genders.Both myself and my husband one way or the other have had to let go of some things that would have yielded financial gain just so we could spend some more time together as a family.

Which brings me to my next point, Destiny, dreams etc is not necessarily financial sucess like Bukatyne has demonstrated. We Nigerians (sorry to generalise) often allude sucess=money.I like earning money am half ijebu grin but we have to understand that for some people fulfilment might not be from a paycheck or living the high flying lifestyle.Which is why I am always seen to be defending SOME stay at home mums on NL. Yeah there are some lazy liability women who mooch off men but not ALL stay at home mums (those doing it for the right reasons, not been forced, not being abused, controlled, manipulated etc) are dreamless, or not fulfilling destiny.Nigerian definition of stay at home mum often is not earning money but a good friend of mine does not earn money but is running a youth programme similar to what Bukatyne wants to do In a very deprived part of London.She started it while she was home with her kids and I (God forgive me) was one of those people back then who judged her for leaving her job. So purpose or destiny or dreams whatever differs.Phew I have typed o. grin
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 7:24am On Nov 06, 2013
nice perspective to the debate @dami

@topic I hope it does not go too militaristic.. i like the spirit of 'exhorting' so far
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2013
pickabeau1: nice perspective to the debate @dami

@topic I hope it does not go too militaristic.. i like the spirit of 'exhorting' so far

Meaning? embarassed
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2013
damiso: Nice thread....am too tired to be typing epistles cos right now am sick of typing and screens.I haate courseworks now and I used to love them o cry cry cry Chai adult education no easy o.

I think I have mentioned it before on NL that I think my husband complements me to be what God wants me to be.Me I dont believe all this romance fairytale ish of 'My Husband completes me"(Ok sometimes I might use it as a romantic endearment but its just a figure of speech wink).I think that's where we women sometimes miss it, looking for that man to complete us. God created us all with a purpose. Try to look for your purpose. It might not be a popular consensus on this thread but I believe that part of that purpose (not all) might be to raise a positive next generation. In my opinion this is for both genders. Both myself and my husband one way or the other have had to let go of some things that would have yielded financial gain just so we could spend some more time together as a family.

Which brings me to my next point, Destiny, dreams etc is not necessarily financial sucess like Bukatyne has demonstrated. We Nigerians (sorry to generalise) often allude sucess=money.I like earning money am half ijebu grin but we have to understand that for some people fulfilment might not be from a paycheck or living the high flying lifestyle. Which is why I am always seen to be defending SOME stay at home mums on NL. Yeah there are some lazy liability women who mooch off men but not ALL stay at home mums (those doing it for the right reasons, not been forced, not being abused, controlled, manipulated etc) are dreamless, or not fulfilling destiny. Nigerian definition of stay at home mum often is not earning money but a good friend of mine does not earn money but is running a youth programme similar to what Bukatyne wants to do In a very deprived part of London. She started it while she was home with her kids and I (God forgive me) was one of those people back then who judged her for leaving her job. So purpose or destiny or dreams whatever differs.Phew I have typed o. grin

Welcome Damiso smiley cheesy

This your post na wire (heavily loaded)!

Your point of raising the right Next Gen is so on point! I can't seem to figure where people assumed it is a woman's job to raise/train kids...

As for the bolded, your friend is not an housewife! Lol! Afterall, an author would work form home or a blogger.

Thanks so much for your contributions

1 Like

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Nov 06, 2013
ireneidiva: I am a woman! I choose a male dominated profession. I am one of the best where i currently am. I know i will eventually rise to the top. I have dreams and i know where i want to be. Armed with this knowledge, i ignore people that remind me that i'm a lady and i need to slow down. The man in my life has to understand this and cope.

I like your drive however I don't think your man should be made to 'cope'

Better still, involve him in your dreams and harness his strengths to cover up for your weaknesses (because believe me, we all do)
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2013
Pickabeau1,

I was just turning your idea that a woman's 'dream' might be to 'help her husband'

Except if a man is the General Overseer of a very large church, the president of a country or a business mogul, I really don't see any 'help' the woman wants to render.

Note that most wives of GOs have aspects they oversee in the ministry and it's a joint one. E.g. Pastor Folu Adeboye is in charge of the Christian Education dept, has some pet projects etc. Faith Oyedepo is an author of several marriage books amongst others. She owns schools and other projects.

Even for a business mogul like Dangote, except he gives his wife a portfolio, there is absolutely nothing she can do to assist him actively except give him advices. Look at the Latter Rain pastor who said his wife was not called with him and she is not part of his ministry. She surely would be doing her own thing.

My point is that these wives do not sit their butts rubbing the man's tie and washing his clothes. They are probably busier than the traditional working class woman as they are adding their input to make their joint ministry/business a huge success and sustain it.

For a man that is an average worker or let's even say the manager/executive director, please highlight how the wife wants to help that she will make it 'her dream'
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2013
lady gogo: Lol. really hilarious adverts! @ the lord reigns

I wonder how these women would feel if they can watch these adverts now
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 10:50am On Nov 06, 2013
Dont get me wrong

I endorse your notion that a woman should acheieve her potential but I am saying some may see theirs as being a helper

I feel that is a valid call

Professions as you call it are a result of the Industrial Revolution

You get?>

bukatyne: Pickabeau1,

I was just turning your idea that a woman's 'dream' might be to 'help her husband'

For a man that is an average worker or let's even say the manager/executive director, please highlight how the wife wants to help that she will make it 'her dream'
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2013
pickabeau1: Dont get me wrong

I endorse your notion that a woman should acheieve her potential but I am saying some may see theirs as being a helper

I feel that is a valid call

Professions as you call it are a result of the Industrial Revolution

You get?>

And I feel it is not a valid call
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2013
bukatyne:

And I feel it is not a valid call

opinions differ.. remember i mentioned mitt romney's wife who is there to help his political career
There are people i know here in naija who are home-centric...

some even started a small baking thing as a hobby

Some businesses started as this

Some just still stay family-focussed
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by ireneidiva(f): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2013
bukatyne:

I like your drive however I don't think your man should be made to 'cope'

Better still, involve him in your dreams and harness his strengths to cover up for your weaknesses (because believe me, we all do)

i did not want to type an epistle. Of cos all you have stated is the whole point in me picking that guy- Someone who understands me and helps me to be the best i can be. Cope in the sense that if what i choose to do takes me away from the home a lot, he can still take care of things until i return.just as i will do for him.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2013
ireneidiva:
i did not want to type an epistle. Of cos all you have stated is the whole point in me picking that guy- Someone who understands me and helps me to be the best i can be. Cope in the sense that if what i choose to do takes me away from the home a lot, he can still take care of things until i return.just as i will do for him.

Ok, better understood kiss
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2013
pickabeau1:

opinions differ.. remember i mentioned mitt romney's wife who is there to help his political career
There are people i know here in naija who are home-centric...

some even started a small baking thing as a hobby

Some businesses started as this

Some just still stay family-focussed

We can't agree on everything anyways but being family oriented is as vague as anything is fine!

There is a difference between a housewife and a wife working from home.

I am sure Seun Osewa works from home
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin ^^^ True.. we can always agree to disagree on some issues
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
lady gogo: Lol. really hilarious adverts! @ the lord reigns
gringringringringringringringringrin

bukatyne:

I am sure Seun Osewa works from home

shocked Is Seun Osewa a lady?
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
theLORDreigns:
gringringringringringringringringrin

shocked Is Seun Osewa a lady?

Lol!

I was trying to tell Pickabeau1 that staying at home and working is different from staying at home doing nothing grin
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

I was trying to tell Pickabeau1 that staying at home and working is different from staying at home doing nothing grin

wink
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

Anyhow u spin it, some women choose deliberately to be home makers to focus on their kids
I have so many examples around me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Extra Account / Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery / Will You Buy A Toy Gun For Your Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.