Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,749 members, 7,837,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

@ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. (13155 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by woky: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:

Christ presence began in 1914 according to bible chronology.
pls explain..

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 10:45am On Nov 08, 2013
@JMAN05,

If your light gets brighter each day, why do you keep going back to what you taught before you moved onto "brighter light?" E.g

1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.

Which one is the brighter light now?

Is it 1980 or 1978?

If 1980, which is the same as 1940, it means you moved back to darkness in 1978, meanwhile, then you called it brighter light.

How can evil liars like you be trusted?

3 Likes

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

The new covenant doesn't contradict the old. It reveals it. It fulfils it.

You "sower is satan" teaching contradicts your "sower is Jesus" teaching.

This contradiction is of the devil, not God, no?

Granted it fulfilled it, but it also abolished it. It contradicted it in many respects. the law allowed all sabath observance, but the new one didnt. the law made circumcision a requirement, the new one didnt. the law made israel a special people, the new one didnt, the law authorised killing for some crimes, the new one didnt. Habah! many many more na.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:

Granted it fulfilled it, but it also abolished it. It contradicted it in many respects. the law allowed all sabath observance, but the new one didnt. the law made circumcision a requirement, the new one didnt. the law made israel a special people, the new one didnt, the law authorised killing for some crimes, the new one didnt. Habah! many many more na.

All these things arent contradictions. All these old laws are still permissible in certain ways.

Even killing is still permissible in certain instances...like just war, an armed shooter etc.

Moreover, even the old covenant repeatedly prepares us for the new. It tells us numerous times that the new is coming. It tells us of this fulfilment.

Relate that to your "sower is satan" "satan is Jesus" lies!

Who revealed the first and who revealed the second?

God or satan?

2 Likes

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:

I never saw where he claimed inspiration from God.
the truth we discover is by the leading of the spirit, but it comes gradually. Not that we hear a special voice from God, nor possess miraculous power like people of old. It is God's leading cos we discover those truths from the bible. This never mean we dont make mistakes as humans, but an INSPIRED word from God doesnt make mistakes. this we dont claim to possess. We do not possess that miraculous power to know.

However, even God presents His truths gradually. When God instituted the Mosaic law, He made no mistake cos that was a step to another step. So when the time came, He removed that law. can we now say that the former truth(the law) has been replaced by another truth(law of christ)? No. God is rather unveiling the truth, not replacing it.

I think that is what that article want to buttress in one of the points it made above.

So was the circumcision issue. in the bible book of Amos, God had shown that people of the gentiles will come in, but He never revealled it until after pentacost, when James quoted it. But that scripture has been there when the teaching of circumcision was taught, but God never allowed any to know it then, until the jerusalem meeting. compare also Dan. 12:4

so light shines brighter and brighter. that is God's way of leading His people. though some mistakes could be out of human error, we cannot also dismiss the fact that truth come gradually.

When you say "God's truths...gradually," you mean the countless lies you have told?

The bold is a deception.

You call yourselves "God's Spirit-directed Prophet"

Is there such a thing as an uninspired prophet?

2 Likes

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
@JMAN05

Have Jehovah's Witnesses ever taught anything scripturally incorrect?

Can Jehovah's Witnesses possibly be teaching anything scripturally incorrect now?

Be careful with your answers o. By now you know we have tonnes of evidence to disgrace you if you lie again.

3 Likes

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:
Current understanding bro. light gets brighter each day.

NO!!! cheesy I'd rather by reason say lights goes back and forth(flip flop) and that's not of God bro

Flip flops would either be "ON" or "OFF"

If I use the flip flop logic, I can conclude thus;

Resurrection of the Men of Sodom

1879 - ON
1952 - OFF
1965 - ON
1988 - OFF

The 'Lord' in Romans 10:12-16

1903 - OFF
1940 - ON
1978 - OFF
1980 - ON

'Higher Powers' of Romans 13:1

1916 - OFF
1943 - ON
1964 - OFF

Do you now see my emphasis?
Do you notice that these dates span?
By the ways, what are the newer explanations of these?
Do you notice confusion?
If you don't claim inspiration, then how do you draw your conclusion on scriptures? literal? Reason? Logic? Science? Divine inspiration? Just what?

JMAN05:

Maybe your not responding to this is a nod of approval. I repeat:

That doesnt mean a bad
spirit took over, no. Just like a bad
spirit didnt institute the law and
later removed it.
A bad spirit didnt institute John's
baptism and later replaced it with
Jesus baptism. truth comes
gradually.

And these are people who claim inspiration.

Your reason here is flawed;

My reasons(again I'd use the flip flop logic);

* This is no flip flop (back and forth), I'd rather call it a complement. i.e (water : water and the spirit)
* This is not catastrophic like predicting the end more than ones (back and forth) without any luck grin
*Jesus didn't void john's baptism and then come back to validate it.(No back and forth movements)

Are we clear now?

JMAN05:
They are not leaders of JWs, but fellow workers who work much harder. Christ is the leader and head.

Bla bla bla means you have nothing to say. thanks, we are moving humbly to the brighter light. Had others been so humble, many false teaching would have been jettisoned by now. I really appreciate their humility. had they claimed infallibility like "inspired" and fallibly Pope, I wouldnt have been a Witness.

True, false prophesy is wrong, however, that Deutronomy means those who claim INSPIRATION from God. We dont.

If you are serious, respond to my point the way it should be.

Bla bla bla. and Deuteronomy 18:21-22 means nothing inspired would come from a lineage of lies and frequent fallibility..

Bla bla bla also mean I don't want to delve just yet.

I'm not responding to your points; Reason can be seen in deut 18:21-22

Or peharps till you tell us where you get your inspiration from.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo: @JMAN05,

If your light gets brighter each day, why do you keep going back to what you taught before you moved onto "brighter light?" E.g

Is it 1980 or 1978?

If 1980, which is the same as 1940, it means you moved back to darkness in 1978, meanwhile, then you called it brighter light.

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
@JMAN05

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that heaven got filled in 1935. grin ROFLMAO!

Yes or no?

3 Likes

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

The new covenant doesn't contradict the old. It reveals it. It fulfils it.

You "sower is satan" teaching contradicts your "sower is Jesus" teaching.

This contradiction is of the devil, not God, no?

It fulfiled it. it also abolished it. their many many differences. the law sanctioned circumcision as a requirement, while the new didnt. the law has many sabaths, the new doesnt. the law authorized killing for certain crimes, the new didnt. the law had no water baptism, the new has. the law centered more on the israelites, the new didnt. etc
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
woky: pls explain..

1914 —A Significant Year in Bible
Prophecy

DECADES in advance, Bible students
proclaimed that there would be significant
developments in 1914 . What were these,
and what evidence points to 1914 as
such an important year?

As recorded at Luke 21:24 , Jesus said:
“Jerusalem will be trampled on by the
nations, until the appointed times of the
nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King
James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem
had been the capital city of the Jewish
nation—the seat of rulership of the line of
kings from the house of King David.
( Psalm 48:1, 2 ) However, these kings
were unique among national leaders.
They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as
representatives of God himself.
( 1 Chronicles 29:23 ) Jerusalem was thus a
symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.
How and when, though, did God’s
rulership begin to be “trampled on by the
nations”? This happened in 607 B.C.E.
when Jerusalem was conquered by the
Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became
vacant, and the line of kings who
descended from David was interrupted.
( 2 Kings 25:1-26 ) Would this ‘trampling’
go on forever? No, for the prophecy of
Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last
king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and
lift off the crown. . . . It will certainly
become no one’s until he comes who has
the legal right, and I must give it to
him.” ( Ezekiel 21:26, 27 ) The one who
has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown
is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33 ) So the
‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became
King.

When would that grand event occur?
Jesus showed that the Gentiles would
rule for a fixed period of time. The
account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key
to knowing how long that period would
last. It relates a prophetic dream
experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of
Babylon. He saw an immense tree that
was chopped down. Its stump could not
grow because it was banded with iron and
copper. An angel declared: “Let seven
times pass over it.”— Daniel 4:10-16 .
In the Bible, trees are sometimes
used to represent rulership. ( Ezekiel
17:22-24; 31:2-5 ) So the chopping down
of the symbolic tree represents how
God’s rulership, as expressed through the
kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted.
However, the vision served notice that
this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be
temporary—a period of “seven times.”
How long a period is that?
Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that
three and a half times equal “a thousand
two hundred and sixty days.” “Seven
times” would therefore last twice as long,
or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did
not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a
mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall.
Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a
much longer period of time. On the basis
of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6 , which
speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven
times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in
October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell
to the Babylonians and the Davidic king
was taken off his throne. The period
ended in October 1914 . At that time,
“the appointed times of the nations”
ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as
God’s heavenly King. * —Psalm
2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14 .

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence”
as heavenly King has been marked by
dramatic world developments—war,
famine, earthquakes, pestilences.
( Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11 ) Such
developments bear powerful testimony to
the fact that 1914 indeed marked the
birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the
beginning of “the last days” of this
present wicked system of things.—
2 Timothy 3:1-5 .
[Footnote]

From October 607 B.C.E. to October 1 B.C.E.
is 606 years. Since there is no zero year,
from October 1 B.C.E. to
October 1914 C.E. is 1,914 years. By
adding 606 years and 1,914 years, we get
2,520 years. For information on
Jerusalem’s fall in 607 B.C.E., see the
article “Chronology” in Insight on the
Scriptures, published by Jehovah’s
Witnesses.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2013

Is it 1980 or 1978?

You ve said nothing.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

All these things arent contradictions. All these old laws are still permissible in certain ways.

Even killing is still permissible in certain instances...like just war, an armed shooter etc.

Moreover, even the old covenant repeatedly prepares us for the new. It tells us numerous times that the new is coming. It tells us of this fulfilment.

Relate that to your "sower is satan" "satan is Jesus" lies!

Who revealed the first and who revealed the second?

God or satan?

So if someone kills, you will kill him too?

So you dont engage in baptism?

So it is must to circumcise?

So you guys fight your fellow catholics in war?

So you observe all th sabaths in the law?

So israel is still the special people?

So gentiles are not allowed?

So levites are your priests?

Which sower are you talking about? current or previous belief?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
try69:

NO!!! cheesy I'd rather by reason say lights goes back and forth(flip flop) and that's not of God bro

Flip flops would either be "ON" or "OFF"

If I use the flip flop logic, I can conclude thus;

Resurrection of the Men of Sodom

1879 - ON
1952 - OFF
1965 - ON
1988 - OFF

The 'Lord' in Romans 10:12-16

1903 - OFF
1940 - ON
1978 - OFF
1980 - ON

'Higher Powers' of Romans 13:1

1916 - OFF
1943 - ON
1964 - OFF

Do you now see my emphasis?
Do you notice that these dates span?
By the ways, what are the newer explanations of these?
Do you notice confusion?
If you don't claim inspiration, then how do you draw your conclusion on scriptures? literal? Reason? Logic? Science? Divine inspiration? Just what?

Your reason here is flawed;

My reasons(again I'd use the flip flop logic);

* This is no flip flop (back and forth), I'd rather call it a complement. i.e (water : water and the spirit)
* This is not catastrophic like predicting the end more than ones (back and forth) without any luck grin
*Jesus didn't void john's baptism and then come back to validate it.(No back and forth movements)

Are we clear now?

Bla bla bla. and Deuteronomy 18:21-22 means nothing inspired would come from a lineage of lies and frequent fallibility..

Bla bla bla also mean I don't want to delve just yet.

I'm not responding to your points; Reason can be seen in deut 18:21-22

Or peharps till you tell us where you get your inspiration from.

We are not inspired. and you dont sound serious.

We are not infallible yet fallible Popes.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

When you say "God's truths...gradually," you mean the countless lies you have told?

The bold is a deception.

You call yourselves "God's Spirit-directed Prophet"

Is there such a thing as an uninspired prophet?

the word "prophet" doesnt always refer to those who make predictions, rather some of God's servants who proclaim God's word and are used by him are often referred to as prophets. this people are not known to receive an inspired prophesy from God. We preach the word of God, so we can be referred to as prophets. However, we are not given any prophesy aside from the ones recorded in the scriptures. and these is based on what we understand from our study. As such you cant refer to us as inspired prophets as far as we do not utter fresh prophesies. Inspiration is needed to utter fresh prophesies.

If then the prophesy fails, you can infer that that person received such inspiration from the devil.

When I say that the truth comes gradually, I also stated that human error can contribute to a wrong understanding. just like the apostles had a wrong view of the kingdoms timing. acts 1:6-8

Even with inspiration, you cant understand every prophesies in the bible unless it is time for God to reveal it. the apostles never had all the knowledge of prophesies they uttered.

That God will reveal sacred secrets as time pass is shown by this:

Dan. 12:4, 8, 9

" Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so that I said: “O my lord, what will be the final part of these things?”

9 And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of the end"

@ALL

You may observe that I dont respond to all you post this is because you keep posting what we do not now believe. secondly, I ve stated that atimes human errors contribut to wrong understand. And that truth comes gradually, this I have proven. So if your submission ignores these, I will take it as if you ve said nothing. And if you dont respond to my post as it should be, I will also conclude that you are not serious. eg the bla bla bla above.

Udo!!!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo: @JMAN05

Have Jehovah's Witnesses ever taught anything scripturally incorrect?

Can Jehovah's Witnesses possibly be teaching anything scripturally incorrect now?

Be careful with your answers o. By now you know we have tonnes of evidence to disgrace you if you lie again.

1. Ya, we ve made mistakes and admitted it. But you claim your popes are infallible, can you say they are really infallible? Your answer pls.

2. Maybe, but I dont know how. Can you identify them?

3. We are not deterred by what people say. Many choose to stick to a wrong teaching because of fear to lose face. we dont do that. We are the ones who even publicly proclaim our mistakes. It isnt easy to do, but that is what humility and teachableness calls for. Who else will God like to use if not humble fellows.

After all some can see that their teachings are wrong, even receiving internal criticism, yet they stick to it cos they fear the ambarasment it brings. But we are not like that. If catholic had been humble they would have changed so many unscriptural teachings that even their scholars criticize. Leading to different groups with contradictory beliefs in a single church.

As many are backwards, we are meters in the forefront in terms of bible understanding. and are still moving.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:

1. Ya, we ve made mistakes and admitted it. But you claim your popes are infallible, can you say they are really infallible? Your answer pls.

We both know there are countless threads on Catholicism where we have been answering your questions. You can open another one on Papal infallibility.

This one is about JWs. It is your turn to defend your false doctrines. Why are you desperate to make it about the Pope. Is there something you're hiding. Was it the Pope that made you lie against God many times?
JMAN05:
2. Maybe, but I dont know how. Can you identify them?

If you are probably making mistakes, why do you go about condemning other people when you could well be wrong about anything and/or everything?
JMAN05:
3. We are not deterred by what people say. Many choose to stick to a wrong teaching because of fear to lose face. we dont do that. We are the ones who even publicly proclaim our mistakes. It isnt easy to do, but that is what humility and teachableness calls for. Who else will God like to use if not humble fellows.

Many times, you have lied about your false prophecies (not mistakes). A humble fellow doesnt lie and say it was God that said.
JMAN05:
After all some can see that their teachings are wrong, even receiving internal criticism, yet they stick to it cos they fear the ambarasment it brings. But we are not like that. If catholic had been humble they would have changed so many unscriptural teachings that even their scholars criticize. Leading to different groups with contradictory beliefs in a single church.

How can you tell for sure who is wrong when you could be mistaken again?
JMAN05:
As many are backwards, we are meters in the forefront in terms of bible understanding. and are still moving.

You could well be wrong again. Probably, you know nothing about the Bible.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

We both know there are countless threads on Catholicism where we have been answering your questions. You can open another one on Papal infallibility.

This one is about JWs. It is your turn to defend your false doctrines. Why are you desperate to make it about the Pope. Is there something you're hiding. Was it the Pope that made you lie against God many times?

note that you ve not proven what i believe wrong. You are just living in the past. I wamt to conclude you have nothing else to say about what i believe.

check this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1507330/amazing-facts-pope-roman-catholic

If you are probably making mistakes, why do you go about condemning other people when you could well be wrong about anything and/or everything?[/auote]

I could PROBABLY. You are not sure whether I am mistaken. You better prove my believe wrong now. You ve not said anything here ooooooooo.

I should criticise others because my current understanding shows they are mistaken. and you know what? changes we make has not ALWAYS been the same with what others teach, rather it becomes something much different from others. So we do not direct new light but it directs us thru the spirit.

Peter received the no-gentile notion and held tightly to it cos there was no indication that God was going to lead them to another thing. but truths come gradually. You cant predict whether or not it will move.

[quote]Many times, you have lied about your false prophecies (not mistakes). A humble fellow doesnt lie and say it was God that said.

How can you tell for sure who is wrong when you could be mistaken again?

God's prophesy cant fell, it is a mistaken understanding. the prophesy in the bible is still true.

If you call it false it will sound as if we heard and uttered a prophesy inspirationally. we are just studying a prophesy that has already been made. the prophesy is never false.

secondly, we may be wrong is not the same as we are wrong.

So as far as you cant prove it, you cant declare what we currently believe as being wrong. Because I can prove your own position wrong, I can infer that you are wrong. Did you get it?

You could well be wrong again. Probably, you know nothing about the Bible.

And I dont see any reason for now to believe tha!t I am wrong. Can you show me then?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by arsenalwenger: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
I will rather believe a policeman interpretation of scriptures than the Jehovah's witness. So much inconsistency and rehearsed response frm my JW friend.

It is only a JW that will be told in his kingdom hall on hw to respond to a particular question posed to him in the public. This is pure dogmatic and never give room for personal reasoning and judgment. U must accept what the governing body tells u hook line and sinker without objection, even if such teachin is vry false.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
JMAN05:

We are not inspired. and you dont sound serious.

We are not infallible yet fallible Popes.

I don't sound serious I'd leave that for readers to judge because twice I have proved you wrong

I talked about back and forth teachings and you pointed out modified or once-changed teaching, how do those correlate?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 12:00am On Nov 09, 2013
@JMAN05,

I say whay JWs teach with evidence from your publication.

You say it is not your current teaching WITHOUT evidence that it is not.

I ask you if you teach that heaven got filled in 1935.

You pretend like you didnt see it.

How do we go about proving your teachings wrong when you dont own up to your teachings?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 09, 2013
arsenalwenger: I will rather believe a policeman interpretation of scriptures than the Jehovah's witness. So much inconsistency and rehearsed response frm my JW friend.

It is only a JW that will be told in his kingdom hall on hw to respond to a particular question posed to him in the public. This is pure dogmatic and never give room for personal reasoning and judgment. U must accept what the governing body tells u hook line and sinker without objection, even if such teachin is vry false.

Maybe we will start by ur telling me how it is wrong. lets start from there.

You can ask questions of what you dont understand. inshort some questions from questioners have led to adjustments in our believes. we are humble to accept advise bro.

Many many question has been asked and has been answered.

For eg you may give me a powerful point here that disprove our position. what will i do? I will make reaearch to see wether that kind of question has been answered by the gov body. If it has been but I am not satisfied with the answers, I will ask my elders. if I am not satisfied with it, I can write the gov body. they will give you answers either directly or publish it on our magazines.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, it may require your being patient as something could be clear with time. If you cant stomach that, you wont be allowed to say it as the teaching of JWs. because if your point was ok by them, they would change there own position, but if it is not ok, they will request you to change urs. if you cant allow it, you cant be allowed to parade that teaching cos that will bring division. 1cor. 1:10

But many chose to stay instead of living cos of just few reasons. why? IF YOU LIVE, WHERE WILL YOU GO?

Many churches' doctrines are far far far from the truth. so you have to battle MANY wrong teaching out there. inshort some staunch witnesses who left chose not to join another religion, cos out there, there are many falsehood. so the the person will still see that the greater percentage of truth lies with the organisation. atimes some become patient and they do get the understanding later.

There is no room for division and sect in true xtianity. this is scriptural.

but the question is: can you raise a powerful point that disprove there position? you can, but we have to see you do it.

So lets start from what we now believe. can you disprove any? maybe I can forward a question to them.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 09, 2013
try69:

I don't sound serious I'd leave that for readers to judge because twice I have proved you wrong

I talked about back and forth teachings and you pointed out modified or once-changed teaching, how do those correlate?

And I have stated that some mistakes could be out of human error. when u keep repeating what has been attended to, u dont sound serious. I keep saying that we are fallible, but we shouldnt dismiss the fact that truth comes gradually.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 09, 2013

I say whay JWs teach with evidence from your publication.

You say it is not your current teaching WITHOUT evidence that it is not.

I ask you if you teach that heaven got filled in 1935.

You pretend like you didnt see it.

How do we go about proving your teachings wrong when you dont own up to your teachings?

1. we do not hold to all those teachings you stated. I dont even know where to start and where to end. ok, you can tell me the one you need our current position on.

2. we thought that the number will be complete in 1935. but after that year, some new people began to declare that the spirit bear them witness to be in heaven. You cant tell them no, neither can you say yes.

It is also noteworthy that some of these people could be those who came from churhes into the truth. Some of them do change the heavenly thought with time cos in there church they cant reconcile the idea that a righteous person will be here on earth. but after getting the accurate knowledge that those who will be on earth are still righteous ones, they change their thinking.

The fact is that you can never say with certainty the number that has been anointed to be in heaven. You can do that to some, but not all. that is our position. that is why i ignored that one. it is still among the past i ve been talking about.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2013
JMAN05:

1. we do not hold to all those teachings you stated. I dont even know where to start and where to end. ok, you can tell me the one you need our current position on.

2. we thought that the number will be complete in 1935. but after that year, some new people began to declare that the spirit bear them witness to be in heaven. You cant tell them no, neither can you say yes.

It is also noteworthy that some of these people could be those who came from churhes into the truth. Some of them do change the heavenly thought with time cos in there church they cant reconcile the idea that a righteous person will be here on earth. but after getting the accurate knowledge that those who will be on earth are still righteous ones, they change their thinking.

The fact is that you can never say with certainty the number that has been anointed to be in heaven. You can do that to some, but not all. that is our position. that is why i ignored that one. it is still among the past i ve been talking about.
U r one of the few honest JWs i have seen recently. Of course we human can make mistakes, but its another thing to admit the error and learn frm it.

Ok my question to u is, since most of the years fixed (1925, 1935---berth sarim, 1975---armageddon, 1984---forever will shall live on paradise earth, where it was taught that generation that experience WW1 will not die before armagedon) earlier by the JW had been admitted as mistakes (dnt wanna use error), dont u think that their 1914 is also a mistake that JW dnt wanna jettison.

Note that for all those years i listed, JWs admitted they make mistakes and are not perfect (note that WTS never still admitted that they make any mistake, but members admit). So my question to u is this, since the watchtower society (WTS) used a special calculation (only knwn to dem) to arrive at 1925, 1935, 1975 and 1984 (1914+'70) and all these years were confirmed false given their escatholigical teachings, dont u think that 1914 is also false? If 1914 is also false (as 99% of xtains belief), y is WTS still holdin unto it as an official year of christ's invisible presence (tho' the Bible didnt not teach any invisible presence)?

Pls clarify.

1 Like

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 8:07am On Nov 09, 2013
@JMAN05, can a non-JW (who is a christian and fears God a lot) marry a JW?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 9:47am On Nov 09, 2013
@Jman05

you are trying your best here, but it is obviouse that you are not in a position to address some of what is being posted here as you are unable to seperate facts from fiction.
You are a honest guy, and honest people can always see the honesty of the JW in their search of God's word.

Take note that most of the dates that is being posted here have nothing to do with Jw and certain accusations here are plain false hood.

That some decide to type 1880, 1900, 1914, 1935, 1960, 1975, 1980, 2000 does not make it true because you have 1914 in the list.

The Jw preach about God's kingdom, does not mean that they preach dates, the bible chronology is their own excersis to enhance understanding of all aspects of what the scriptures says.

Though the Jw sees 1914 as the beginning of christ presence, do they preach that as they knock on peoples houses ? No, but it is well documented and will be shown to bible lovers and it builds faith in God and the bible. That the semi atheist you see here go to ati JW web sight and copy and pest information does not make it true.

For a start, Jw have done nothing wrong for saying this is what we see from the bible.

The words of Jesus says 'DAY' and 'HOUR' no one knows, and Jw naver said this day or that hour anywhere befor, so, all what they are doing here is simple Jealousy and hatrade for this bible students.

If i see any imformation or chronology from the bible and publish it, it is now a crime for speaking what i see ? Wao!

So, Jman, let any of them post a doctrin that the JW preach about from house to house like

"No hell fire, no trinity, soul is not Immortal, all righteouse persons are not going to heaven" etc.

They think that if they can propergate scandal on the head of JW, then, Jw will not preach again, whose interest are they serving ?

So, learn to ignore some baseless accusations when you see them.

Anybody that wants to know about 1914 date, should welcome the next Jw that knocks on their doors which they will surely do, and ask what 1914 is all about, and see the bible based calculation for himself.

Propagander is not suposed to be a 'true christian' thing.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2013
true2god: @JMAN05, can a non-JW (who is a christian and fears God a lot) marry a JW?

Do you read your bible at all ?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2013
true2god: U r one of the few honest JWs i have seen recently. Of course we human can make mistakes, but its another thing to admit the error and learn frm it.

Ok my question to u is, since most of the years fixed (1925, 1935---berth sarim, 1975---armageddon, 1984---forever will shall live on paradise earth, where it was taught that generation that experience WW1 will not die before armagedon) earlier by the JW had been admitted as mistakes (dnt wanna use error), dont u think that their 1914 is also a mistake that JW dnt wanna jettison.

Note that for all those years i listed, JWs admitted they make mistakes and are not perfect (note that WTS never still admitted that they make any mistake, but members admit). So my question to u is this, since the watchtower society (WTS) used a special calculation (only knwn to dem) to arrive at 1925, 1935, 1975 and 1984 (1914+'70) and all these years were confirmed false given their escatholigical teachings, dont u think that 1914 is also false? If 1914 is also false (as 99% of xtains belief), y is WTS still holdin unto it as an official year of christ's invisible presence (tho' the Bible didnt not teach any invisible presence)?

Pls clarify.

can you show evidence from a PDF document that some of those dates relates to Jw for a start ?

Why not add 2000 ?

What has those to do with "day and hour" ?

If Jw show you any info, do you ever care to ask them to verify it to you ?

Oh! You will not, since your love for the scriptures are not strong enough.

Still, it is a shame that none of you can take up a Jw on their doctrin as it were, hence the propaganda.

Be a man and introduce a topic on any of what the Jw preach from house to house like the ones i posted up there and see how the bible will show you how off from the scriptures you are and hence, believing in falsehood.

The most honest and scincere bible students are the ones constantly ensuring that they align themselves with what the bible says.

What loyal set of people they are, that they dont let pride to cloud their bible beliefs and study.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by woky: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2013
loveroftruth: @Jman05

you are trying your best here, but it is obviouse that you are not in a position to address some of what is being posted here as you are unable to seperate facts from fiction.
You are a honest guy, and honest people can always see the honesty of the JW in their search of God's word.

Take note that most of the dates that is being posted here have nothing to do with Jw and certain accusations here are plain false hood.

That some decide to type 1880, 1900, 1914, 1935, 1960, 1975, 1980, 2000 does not make it true because you have 1914 in the list.

The Jw preach about God's kingdom, does not mean that they preach dates, the bible chronology is their own excersis to enhance understanding of all aspects of what the scriptures says.

Though the Jw sees 1914 as the beginning of christ presence, do they preach that as they knock on peoples houses ? No, but it is well documented and will be shown to bible lovers and it builds faith in God and the bible. That the semi atheist you see here go to ati JW web sight and copy and pest information does not make it true.

For a start, Jw have done nothing wrong for saying this is what we see from the bible.

The words of Jesus says 'DAY' and 'HOUR' no one knows, and Jw naver said this day or that hour anywhere befor, so, all what they are doing here is simple Jealousy and hatrade for this bible students.

If i see any imformation or chronology from the bible and publish it, it is now a crime for speaking what i see ? Wao!

So, Jman, let any of them post a doctrin that the JW preach about from house to house like

"No hell fire, no trinity, soul is not Immortal, all righteouse persons are not going to heaven" etc.

They think that if they can propergate scandal on the head of JW, then, Jw will not preach again, whose interest are they serving ?

So, learn to ignore some baseless accusations when you see them.

Anybody that wants to know about 1914 date, should welcome the next Jw that knocks on their doors which they will surely do, and ask what 1914 is all about, and see the bible based calculation for himself.

Propagander is not suposed to be a 'true christian' thing.
sorry to say this, You ar not honest
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by try69: 10:13am On Nov 09, 2013
JMAN05:

And I have stated that some mistakes could be out of human error. when u keep repeating what has been attended to, u dont sound serious. I keep saying that we are fallible, but we shouldnt dismiss the fact that truth comes gradually.

*I teach something(A) today

After a while,

*i found A to be misleading, wrong (you say mistake) and change my stance to B

After a while yet again

*i go back to A(I earlier adjudged mistake) citing B to be a mistake

Round-robin grin

When the same mistakes are repeated, it's called confusion.

Which kind clearer light grin light doesn't get clear by the day, light shines every other day grin
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2013
woky: sorry to say this, You ar not honest

You can say that again.

Those that copy falsehood from disfellowship Jw to post here are the honest ones abi ?

It is Italo that is honest abi ?

This your statement here is the honest one abi ?

You that is honest, was Jesus words not "day and Hour" ? Answer and shame the father of lies and proove you have not been deceived by him. Am waiting for you to show that Jesus words was not "Day and Hour", if you dont, we then Know the liars.

Am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Problems with Evolutionary Theory / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / The Tithing Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.