Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

@ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. (13170 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2013
This thread is so hilarious on what jw is and what they stand for. Jman tried to defend their failed prophecy, then loveroftruth came wit his confidence of been taken up on their teaching and he was no where to defend it. Hmm. Jman of all your post, you only have your organization official link on Jesus as angel, yet for Jesus as not God, no link! Why? Should we wait or take your opinion, becos your opinion cant be taken except it has an official basis.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

Alpha and Omega in Rev. 22: 13 doesnt apply to Jesus but God. At Rev. 21: 6, 7 where the word occur again, the reference is to God. because it is God whose relationship of Him and the saints are son while Jesus view the saints as brothers. heb. 2:1.
This is another shameful lie.

Rev 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13[b] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.[/b]”

14 Blessed are those who do His (Jesus is clearly referring to the father here, meaning he is the one speaking) commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God(clearly referring to the father again) will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away[k] his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” (this is a repeat of Jesus words in verse 22).

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Clearly Jesus addresses himself as "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last"

Why are you Jehovah's Witnesses so full of falsehood?

Abi can other people help us judge the passage above?
JMAN05: The fact that Jesus answers the first and the last doesnt change anything. in the bible two people can share one title. Jesus and his apostles are both called "apostles". heb 3:1

The title for both (Jah and Jesus) mean different things. in the original of Isaiah 44:6 the first and the last doesnt possess any definite article while definite article is found at Rev. 1:17. grammatically, the latter describes a title while the former is about Jah's Godship.

Jesus Christ: “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

You lie that "the first and last" Jesus said is a title that means something different from that of God.

What does it mean and where does the Bible tell you its meaning?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by ayoku777(m): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2013
I'm always confusing JW with the 7th day adventist (7DA). But are they the ones that believe that Jesus is an angel? Or that he is not God?

I have a few JW friends who believe Jesus is God and that confuses me. Guess there are breakout factions like in every other denomination in christianity.

One thing i believe is that in every denomination, there are weird doctrines. From catholics, to methodists, to pentecostals, to JW and adventist. But that hasn't stopped God from having a remnant among them, even in the midst of all the heresis.

So lately i no longer judge individuals by the doctrine of the whole. I prefer to ask 'what do YOU believe?'

I know Christ will build his church, and he will do so through remnants from all this denominations. I know catholics who don't believe all the doctrines of catholics, same with protestants, pentecostals etc.

And i don't believe JW are not christians. If you believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah, the Son of the Living God; and that He died for your sins and rose from the dead for your justification, you are a christian, even if you have some other weird doctrines like purgatory, or there's no hell or Jesus is coming on 15th Dec. This is what the bible calls the COMMON FAITH
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

He is.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010250?q=michael+the+archangel&p=par

Hebrews 1:1 In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world (JW, did God create the world through Archangel Michael? No!) 3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high (JW, does the Archangel Michael seat at God's right hand? No!) 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has obtained is more excellent than theirs.

5 For to what angel did God ever say,

“Thou art my Son,
today I have begotten thee”?
Or again,

“I will be to him a father,
and he shall be to me a son”?
(None!)
6 And again, when he brings the first-born into the world, he says,

“Let all God’s angels worship him.” (JW, is God telling angels to worship angel? No!)
7 Of the angels he says,

“Who makes his angels winds,
and his servants flames of fire.”
8 But of the Son he says,

“Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, (JW, did the Father call Archangel Michael God? No!)
the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
therefore God, thy God, has anointed thee
with the oil of gladness beyond thy comrades.”
10 And,

“Thou, Lord, didst found the earth in the beginning,
and the heavens are the work of thy hands;
11 they will perish, but thou remainest;
they will all grow old like a garment,
12 like a mantle thou wilt roll them up,
and they will be changed.[d]
But thou art the same,
and thy years will never end.”
13 But to what angel has he ever said,
“Sit at my right hand,
till I make thy enemies
a stool for thy feet”?
(none!)
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to serve, for the sake of those who are to obtain salvation?

Jehovah's Witnesses,

Why are you lying?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Yooguyz: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2013
ayoku777: I'm always confusing JW with the 7th day adventist (7DA)
The JW's adopted most of their doctrines from 7DA

I have a few JW friends who believe Jesus is God and that confuses me.
Those your friends aren't Jw's.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 8:56am On Nov 10, 2013
hisblud: How can God a Spirit have a Spirit? https://www.nairaland.com/1422575/frosbel-how-god-god/1#18644407

Gbam! If God cannot have a God, explain how God - a Spirit can have a Spirit!
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by true2god: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2013
ayoku777: I'm always confusing JW with the 7th day adventist (7DA). But are they the ones that believe that Jesus is an angel? Or that he is not God?

I have a few JW friends who believe Jesus is God and that confuses me. Guess there are breakout factions like in every other denomination in christianity.

One thing i believe is that in every denomination, there are weird doctrines. From catholics, to methodists, to pentecostals, to JW and adventist. But that hasn't stopped God from having a remnant among them, even in the midst of all the heresis.

So lately i no longer judge individuals by the doctrine of the whole. I prefer to ask 'what do YOU believe?'

I know Christ will build his church, and he will do so through remnants from all this denominations. I know catholics who don't believe all the doctrines of catholics, same with protestants, pentecostals etc.

And i don't believe JW are not christians. If you believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah, the Son of the Living God; and that He died for your sins and rose from the dead for your justification, you are a christian, even if you have some other weird doctrines like purgatory, or there's no hell or Jesus is coming on 15th Dec. This is what the bible calls the COMMON FAITH
U r right to an extent. But u need to understand that doctrines go a long way in shaping an individual or family. Some doctrines can as well destroy individual or family.

Lets take this instance, I am from a family where we r all JW and my sister fell in love with a guy from the redeemed christian church of God. By JW doctrine, my sister has no right getting married to the guy cos he is from another 'religion' or the christendom. So if she goes ahead to marry the guy, against JW teachings, she will be disfellowshipped cos she married someone from a 'satanic' organization.

The consequent of dis singular action will make her family, and her JW friends, shun her because she has commited a 'great crime'. The psychological impact is better imagined than felt. This singular doctrine, i tell u, is capable of tearing a family apart (and has torn some family apart).

The problem is not doctrinal variation, but wen an organization structure their belief such that it alienate individual frm the larger society, thats wat makes the organization dangerous and cult-like. This is because a JW sees the world as 'this system of things' that will soon be 'destroyed by the impending armagedon' hence you must not have anything to do with the larger society (except the watchtower society). This teaching is both wrong and dangeruos.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2013
@truthislight,

Tnx 4d compliments
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by ayoku777(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2013
true2god: U r right to an extent. But u need to understand that doctrines go a long way in shaping an individual or family. Some doctrines can as well destroy individual or family.

Lets take this instance, I am from a family where we r all JW and my sister fell in love with a guy from the redeemed christian church of God. By JW doctrine, my sister has no right getting married to the guy cos he is from another 'religion' or the christendom. So if she goes ahead to marry the guy, against JW teachings, she will be disfellowshipped cos she married someone from a 'satanic' organization.

The consequent of dis singular action will make her family, and her JW friends, shun her because she has commited a 'great crime'. The psychological impact is better imagined than felt. This singular doctrine, i tell u, is capable of tearing a family apart (and has torn some family apart).

The problem is not doctrinal variation, but wen an organization structure their belief such that it alienate individual frm the larger society, thats wat makes the organization dangerous and cult-like. This is because a JW sees the world as 'this system of things' that will soon be 'destroyed by the impending armagedon' hence you must not have anything to do with the larger society (except the watchtower society). This teaching is both wrong and dangeruos.

Thats truly wrong. And whenever the devil wants to keep believers in bondage, he isolates them from people who can help them see the light. But i know alot of people are breaking down that wall of isolation, just like your sis.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by ayoku777(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2013
And by the way, Jesus is SO NOT MICHEAL. Infact not only is Jesus God, according to Isaiah 9v6 and John 1v1; He is also infact JEHOVAH.

Jeremiah 23v5-6 ...behold, the days come saith the Lord, that i will raise up unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and THIS IS HIS NAME whereby he shall be called, the Lord our righteousness (JEHOVAH TSIDKENU). Jesus is Jehovah Tsidkenu, not the Father. It was Jesus who took our sins and gave us his righteousness. So Christ is not just God, he is YHWH like the Father.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 9:53am On Nov 10, 2013
ayoku777: And by the way, Jesus is SO NOT MICHEAL. Infact not only is Jesus God, according to Isaiah 9v6 and John 1v1; He is also infact JEHOVAH.

Jeremiah 23v5-6 ...behold, the days come saith the Lord, that i will raise up unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and THIS IS HIS NAME whereby he shall be called, the Lord our righteousness (JEHOVAH TSIDKENU). Jesus is Jehovah Tsidkenu, not the Father. It was Jesus who took our sins and gave us his righteousness. So Christ is not just God, he is YHWH like the Father.

And Jesus talks about that "justice and judgement" in Rev 22:
12 - Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to his works.

Then proclaims himself:

13 - I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Why is that Jehovah's Witness guy telling blatant lies?

Anyway, we know he was taught to lie by the worst liars in the history of lying.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ JMAN05 and other Jehovah's Witnesses,

If Christ was created by God and was the wisdom of God (Prov 8:1-4, 12, 22-31), then before Jesus would have been created, God would have had to have been without wisdom. How is it possible that God could have ever been without wisdom?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
hisblud: jman ok granted you acknowledged your fallibility, pls could you itemise YOUR mistakes and where YOU admitted such as a mistake. This will help your readers know. Thanks
hi jman please would love to hear the itemise mistakes done by your organization.

And this also goes to loveroftruth.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
hisblud: How can God a Spirit have a Spirit? https://www.nairaland.com/1422575/frosbel-how-god-god/1#18644407

His spirit is His active force. the holy spirit.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
woky: and when did JW started believing that God is omniscience and omnipresent??

The bible shows He is omniscience but not omnipresent.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
woky: and when did JW started believing that God is omniscience and omnipresent??

The bible shows He is omniscience but not omnipresent. pls answer the question. is Jesus omniscience?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by ayoku777(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

The bible shows He is omniscience but not omnipresent. pls answer the question. is Jesus omniscience?

What exactly is the argument here? That Jesus is not God? Or that the Father is greater than Him?

Ofcourse, every believer knows that the Father is greater than Christ, even Jesus said so. But Jesus is also God and YHWH like the Father. And we've shown you that from scripture.

That the Father is greater doesn't mean Jesus isn't God too or that He is an angel. No angel can even presume to be called Yahovah Tsidkenu
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

@ JMAN05, Please answer his question.

We ask you about your previous lies, you dodge, saying it is not current teaching. Meanwhile, you dont provide any evidence that it is not current teaching.

He's asking you current teaching now, you're still being evasive.

If you dont respond to that question, I wont answer you. the goal of JWs is to tell you that what they believe is what the scriptures says. So if you ask what we believe, we will let you know how we arrive at that believe. so that you can see that it is the truth from the bible. If not after saying it, u will say "oh that is your doctrine". You now neglect its authenticity.

Also compare Rom. 10:2. I ve been answering ur questions. you keep rejecting without any prove.

reapond to 1cor. 7:39
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

@ JMAN05, Please answer his question.

We ask you about your previous lies, you dodge, saying it is not current teaching. Meanwhile, you dont provide any evidence that it is not current teaching.

He's asking you current teaching now, you're still being evasive.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

Please give us the link to read that or post the text here. Let us see if they actually admitted making mistakes or they just tried to lie their way around it as usual.

We cant trust you. Perhaps you're lying again.

the link cant be provided oga cos our library online starts from 2000 and above. You can ask loveoftruth to confirm it.

or better still this is a recent statement on that.

14 In a similar way, at the beginning of
the 20th century, there were a number of
wrong expectations among true Christians
regarding “the last days.” (2 Tim. 3:1 ) For
instance, in the year 1914, some thought
that their being taken to heaven was
imminent.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013684
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

Waiting for the official position of the Heaven filled up in 1935" lie.

You can read up in W98 8/15 p. 30. it shows that some do declare to be anointed out of error. tell loveoftruth to confirm. no link.

The Spirit bears us witness that the Catholic faith is truth and scriptural. Why do you condemn us while you claim you can't argue with people who claim the Spirit bears them witness that heaven isnt filled up...as againt your lies that it is filled up.

Those false unbiblical teaching you have cannot be supported by Jehovah.

Then explain what you meant be the crap you wrote earlier and tell us if it is your private opinion.

So what actually happened? Did they change God's mind and make him offer more vacancies in heaven or did God change their minds and make them know that heaven is filled up?

But the reason I need you to tell me the official teachings is that if I bring evidence of your teaching that is contrary to this, you will start to lie that it is not current teaching.

it is not private opinion, but i worded it my own way and based on observation. Read up

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007327#h=0:0-9:0

Waiting for proof that your statement below is your official teaching.

"The fact is that you can never say with certainty the number that has been anointed to be in heaven. You can do that to some, but not all. that is our position. that is why i ignored that one. it is still among the past i ve been talking about."

Note that you will not see it like that word for word. we are not programmed to utter speech that way. if you are convinced of a teaching, u can word it ur way but having the same sense.

To get the sense of this statement, pls ask smebody to confirm it especially that 1995 article above. my system is not responding well now.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

His spirit is His active force. the holy spirit.

So if Spirit - The Father can have Spirit -The Holy Spirit;

Then God - The Son can have God - The Father.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:
What do you mean by "future life prospect?" Provide proof that this is your current official teaching.

Do you teach that the soul is the body...yes or no?

If I provide evidence that your teaching is different from this now, you'll say it's past teaching.

I haven't said anything about soul. This thread is for you to defend your false doctrines. It isn't for me to defend Catholic doctrine.

like i said above, it will be good that you guys approach God's word with a view to knowing whether what we are saying agrees with the bible instead of requesting yes and no answer as if it is just our doctrine, not bible based.

Read up

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=w07+5%2F15+p.+30+par.+15

No, You have to reevaluate your own teaching bro. we are not here for insincere discussion. If I give an answer, it is logical i remind you to reason on urs.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

That he is called mighty God by Isaiah in Isaiah 9:6 means he is the almighty God that was called mighty God in by the same Isaiah in Isaiah 10:20, 21 who Isaiah says is only one God in Isaiah 43:10, 44:6.

So if Jesus is called a servant in Isaiah and Isaiah the prophet is also called servant, so that makes Isaiah Jesus? wrong answer. answer the question bro.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
true2god: He is a typical JW who has mastered the act of 'evasion'. I know he dare not ask the same question at their kingdom hall, he will be rebuked or disfellowshipped.

I ve not said anything against there belief. that i word it my way is an indication that i made the truth my own. and that is the same disposition you guys should have.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
true2god: @ JMAN05 does this response represent your thought or position?

How will you obey 1cor. 5:11? mix with him or keep ur distance. but if the person is a blood relation, I am free to communicate but being careful so as not to be influenced the wrong way.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by loveroftruth: 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

Thanks. but we preach christ's presence. though i ve stated that it wont be good to keep repeating what we have jettisoned, some still bring it up.

I do ignore some reponses that dont sound serious. It is true that many are not sincere, but some of the things they are saying are true, not just allegations. it is only sad how they dont apply that method in what their pastors teach them. If you paste their own errors now, they will deny it. well it is to their detriment. If you see a gutter and tell urself that it is not gutter, who will eventially fall into it? that becomes one deceiving himself.

It is true we never say the day and the hour, but the issue is, Did you foretell what later failed? Yes. the truth is there, even if you pretend it didnt happen, you ve not changed anything.

The gov body too admits it, so should we. the only sad thing is that the people we are talking with cant be this sincere in their own teachings.

Yes, the organisation explained the expectation of a heavenly life in 1914, true the organisation said that those expectations where misplaced then as the calculation marked christ presence.

However, you are being told that you went against Jesus words that the "Day and Hour" no one knows, which is false, since the GB never for once said their calculation has any thing to do with day and hour.

After such misapplication of God's word/Jesus words, they now accused you of being a fales prophet, meanwhile, their application of Jesus words are out of Contest and Jw never claimed to have received a prophesy from God.

The issue here is that, what some of those posting those dates are doing is simple propaganda and are never looking for the truth.

The truth is, earlier Jw did make us of cross, celebrated christmas, and many other things that are common today befor they put a stop to it, why dont they also make issues out of all those that the JW also left behind ?

Well, its a free world
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

If you dont respond to that question, I wont answer you. the goal of JWs is to tell you that what they believe is what the scriptures says. So if you ask what we believe, we will let you know how we arrive at that believe. so that you can see that it is the truth from the bible. If not after saying it, u will say "oh that is your doctrine". You now neglect its authenticity.

Also compare Rom. 10:2. I ve been answering ur questions. you keep rejecting without any prove.

reapond to 1cor. 7:39

I have seen the verses you showed me. I dont see how they answer the question he asked you:

Can a JW marry a non-JW christian who is God-fearing and honest in all dealings? Yes or No.

You're just deliberately being dubious and evasive.

We present your teachings with evidence; you lie that it is past teachings.

We ask you for present teachings with evidence; you cant provide.

We ask you to provide evidence for what you claim to be your present teachings; you dont provide.

We ask you questions about what you teach e.g this one about marriage; you refuse to answer.

I debunk your JW lies with Biblical evidence e.g Hebrews 1 & Rev 22; you lie that I reject without proof.

You and your organization are just fraudulent, arent you?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
hisblud: This thread is so hilarious on what jw is and what they stand for. Jman tried to defend their failed prophecy, then loveroftruth came wit his confidence of been taken up on their teaching and he was no where to defend it. Hmm. Jman of all your post, you only have your organization official link on Jesus as angel, yet for Jesus as not God, no link! Why? Should we wait or take your opinion, becos your opinion cant be taken except it has an official basis.

Read more.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989276?q=is+jesus+God&p=par
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
italo: This is another shameful lie.

Rev 22:12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13[b] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.[/b]”

14 Blessed are those who do His (Jesus is clearly referring to the father here, meaning he is the one speaking) commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God(clearly referring to the father again) will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away[k] his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” (this is a repeat of Jesus words in verse 22).

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Clearly Jesus addresses himself as "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last"

Why are you Jehovah's Witnesses so full of falsehood?

Abi can other people help us judge the passage above?

Jesus Christ: “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

You lie that "the first and last" Jesus said is a title that means something different from that of God.

What does it mean and where does the Bible tell you its meaning?

You refuse to answer and respond to my posts appropraitely. answer the beginning question and respond appropriately. thanks. waiting.
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

the link cant be provided oga cos our library online starts from 2000 and above. You can ask loveoftruth to confirm it.

or better still this is a recent statement on that.

14 In a similar way, at the beginning of
the 20th century, there were a number of
wrong expectations among true Christians
regarding “the last days.” (2 Tim. 3:1 ) For
instance, in the year 1914, some thought
that their being taken to heaven was
imminent.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013684

See how dubious you people are?

You gave a false people that shook many people's lives and even destroyed some...then look how you make it as if it is "some" people that just thought Jesus would come on their own, meanwhile you deceived them.

Is this how Watchtower accepts mistakes?
Re: @ JMAN05, Please Defend Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrines Here. by italo: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
JMAN05:

So if Jesus is called a servant in Isaiah and Isaiah the prophet is also called servant, so that makes Isaiah Jesus? wrong answer. answer the question bro.

Fail! Fail! Fail!

There are many servants, many apostles. If two people are addressed "servants," they dont have to be the same person.

There is only ONE God. The Mighty God.

Anybody addressed as God is the same one God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

6 Days To The Appearance Of Jesus Christ (13th September 2015) / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.