Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? (9436 Views)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 10:49am On Nov 23, 2013
emotional: @FOLYKAZE/MACOF.
Is like d concept of Orunmila by (MOST) Edos(binis) is either 1.adulterated 2.is a different Orunmila(there is only one I supposed) 3.or is just a scam.
From my findings so far(mostly from u guys),what many Babalawos(in benin) refers to as Orunmila is not,because the way and manner it being done which is quite different from their Yoruba counterpart where Orunmila has its Origin.the Edo concept, 32 nuts are involved,blood of 'hen' is required first and seventh day and these 'nuts' are to be used as means or representation of Orunmila.imagine these 'nuts' being given to a client( who has no idea of divination) as Ifa/ Orunmila,it will yield Zero result I think.

The Edos(binis) traditional means of divination,is Iha/Ominigbon(thou also brought to Benin Kingdom by a foreigner) similar to Ifa/Orunmila which I would have believed to be d Bini's version of Orunmila is also strictly a divination tools which doesn't require blood.

One of the reasons(lack of proper knowledge) stated above could make pple embrace other foreign Belief.

True the bini came to know about the personality of Orunmila through Ife but bini/Edo Doesn't have to have the same practices since they don't like to be referred as part of yorubaland.

Isekiri also has the Orunmila personality and concept but wit little difference in practices.

In yorubaland, Babalawo doesn't use blood for divination, only during initiation

The only tools are : opon Ifa(Ifa tray), opele, ikin. the client doesn't take part in the process(he doesn't know Ifa divination) he doesnt need to talk about his problem, his duty is to find how Ifa's message relates to him or let the Babalawo do the full interpretation(if he has been told wat d problem is already)

Ifa/Iha is an old system in bini, existing since Eweka.

do u know how many Odu Ifa exist in the bini version?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by emotional(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
thanks bro,for your enlightening responds

macof:

True the bini came to know about the personality of Orunmila through Ife but bini/Edo Doesn't have to have the same practices since they don't like to be referred as part of yorubaland.

Isekiri also has the Orunmila personality and concept but wit little difference in practices.

In yorubaland, Babalawo doesn't use blood for divination, only during initiation

The only tools are : opon Ifa(Ifa tray), opele, ikin. the client doesn't take part in the process(he doesn't know Ifa divination) he doesnt need to talk about his problem, his duty is to find how Ifa's message relates to him or let the Babalawo do the full interpretation(if he has been told wat d problem is already)

Ifa/Iha is an old system in bini, existing since Eweka.

do u know how many Odu Ifa exist in the bini version?

Actually not during divination i will say initiation cos rites are involved and then prepared in plate with a cover(the 32 nuts) given to the client to offer sacrifices and oblations when necessary(the reason for my first question in my first post) note, the client knows nothing abt casting Ifa divination.

No bro.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
emotional: thanks bro,for your enlightening responds

Actually not during divination i will say initiation cos rites are involved and then prepared in plate with a cover(the 32 nuts) given to the client to offer sacrifices and oblations when necessary(the reason for my first question in my first post) note, the client knows nothing abt casting Ifa divination.

No bro.

U are welcome

I don't know much about Ifa divination but maybe the problem of the client needed a fowl's blood and so the Babalawo went ahead wit d ritual immediately after divination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Faith Building Bible Scriptures For Every Challenge In Life / Is It True That The Man Christ Is Not God? / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.