Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? (9427 Views)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
NativeBoy:

And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor heard these things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, to the king of Shimron, to the king of Achshaph, and to the kings who were from the north, in the mountains, in the plain south of Chinneroth, in the lowland, and in the heights of Dor on the west, to the Canaanites in the east and in the west, the Amorite, the Hittite, the Perizzite, the Jebusite in the mountains, and the Hivite below Hermon in the land of Mizpah. So they went out, they and all their armies with them, as many people as the sand that is on the seashore in multitude, with very many horses and chariots. And when all these kings had met together, they came and camped together at the waters of Merom to fight against Israel. But the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid because of them, for tomorrow about this time I will deliver all of them slain before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.” So Joshua and all the people of war with him came against them suddenly by the waters of Merom, and they attacked them. Thus Joshua took all this land: the mountain country, all the South, all the land of Goshen, the lowland, and the Jordan plain—the mountains of Israel and its lowlands, from Mount Halak and the ascent to Seir, even as far as Baal Gad in the Valley of Lebanon below Mount Hermon. He captured all their kings, and struck them down and killed them. (Joshua 11:1-7, 16, 17 NKJV).

They took the mountains, lowlands, plains, valleys, etc.

But the children of Joseph said, “The mountain country is not enough for us; and all the Canaanites who dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both those who are of Beth Shean and its towns and those who are of the Valley of Jezreel.” And Joshua spoke to the house of Joseph—to Ephraim and Manasseh—saying, “You are a great people and have great power; you shall not have only one lot, but the mountain country shall be yours. Although it is wooded, you shall cut it down, and its farthest extent shall be yours; for you shall drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots and are strong.” (Joshua 17:16-18 NKJV)

They were not confident because of the chariots of iron. Your statement is false.

You go on to cite Judges 2:9. I don't know what point you are making by pointing out where Joshua was buried.

I cited Judges 2:1-4.
Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ” So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept. (Judges 2:1-4 NKJV)

This is as clear as it can get.

As I have said before u need Orunmila to guide u into knowledge and understanding. Because u lack both of those

bring up more verse. I have already dealt with this one, Israel's God is weak outside mountain areas
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

As I have said before u need Orunmila to guide u into knowledge and understanding. Because u lack both of those

bring up more verse. I have already dealt with this one, Israel's God is weak outside mountain areas

People like this need Eshu lalu Ogirioko.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

Nice diversion there. I won't press you further. The words have spoken for themselves.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
You accuse me of ignoring the text. Perhaps you could reread the first paragraph. Pay attention to the word "conventionally translated". Then read the second paragraph where it says el Shaddai meaning the god of the mountains is a THEORY, one that has been WEAKENED.

FOLYKAZE:

Dating was based on bible.

I bet you read the bold. And who translated shaddai to mean mighty? Everyone know El mean god....pls provide the etymology of Shaddai. And from what we got from the bold, it mean mountains.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
NativeBoy: You accuse me of ignoring the text. Perhaps you could reread the first paragraph. Pay attention to the word "conventionally translated". Then read the second paragraph where it says el Shaddai meaning the god of the mountains is a THEORY, one that has been WEAKENED.

A person who is Hebrew says Shaddai means mountain, King James who doesn't said it means almighty.

And some humans believe, sorry for them sha
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy: You accuse me of ignoring the text. Perhaps you could reread the first paragraph. Pay attention to the word "conventionally translated". Then read the second paragraph where it says el Shaddai meaning the god of the mountains is a THEORY, one that has been WEAKENED.

You have not given us the etymological definition. You are just dancing around the bush.

El Shaddai have been broken etymologically but you denying it. Breaks it and show us how it mean God Almighty
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2013
macof:

A person who is Hebrew says Shaddai means mountain, King James who doesn't said it means almighty.

And some humans believe, sorry for them sha

King James in 1610 commanded his men who were translating the bible into English, to insert the name of his good friend, “Shakespear “, into the 46th Psalms as a 46 birthday gift. William Shakespear was 46 years old in 1610 the year that the bible was completed being translated into English. Get an older King James Version of the bible & count 46 words starting with the first word in Psalms 46 you will come to Shake, and if you count 46 words up from the last word {refuge} In Psalms 46 you will get to Spear. {Note: The updated version of the bible havereplaced the word “shake” with the word “quake” in an attempt to cover up this forgery. This is the same bible some people call holy inspiration.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

King James in 1610 commanded his men who were translating the bible into English, to insert the name of his good friend, “Shakespear “, into the 46th Psalms as a 46 birthday gift. William Shakespear was 46 years old in 1610 the year that the bible was completed being translated into English. Get an older King James Version of the bible & count 46 words starting with the first word in Psalms 46 you will come to Shake, and if you count 46 words up from the last word {refuge} In Psalms 46 you will get to Spear. {Note: The updated version of the bible havereplaced the word “shake” with the word “quake” in an attempt to cover up this forgery. This is the same bible some people call holy inspiration.

Wow. With but a statement you have shown that you are out of your depth here. You have lost all credibility. I officially bow out of this conversation. You clearly just latch on to any theory that you think disproves the bible.

For the benefit of those following this thread and yourself, I leave you with this. Please check out Psalm 46 in the Great Bible of 1540 or the Bishop's Bible of 1546 both put together before Shakespeare was born. They too have the words "shake" in verse 3 and "spear" in verse 9. I suppose Shakespeare time traveled back in time to insert in name in those bibles as well.

Wow.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Wow. With but a statement you have shown that you are out of your depth here. You have lost all credibility. I officially bow out of this conversation. You clearly just latch on to any theory that you think disproves the bible.

For the benefit of those following this thread and yourself, I leave you with this. Please check out Psalm 46 in the Great Bible of 1540 or the Bishop's Bible of 1546 both put together before Shakespeare was born. They too have the words "shake" in verse 3 and "spear" in verse 9. I suppose Shakespeare time traveled back in time to insert in name in those bibles as well.

Wow.
killer punch grin grin.... Nice one bro, let me not be biased here, you have put this two orunmila and esu men to shame.... Bow out with proud bro, you have won this one.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: killer punch grin grin.... Nice one bro, let me not be biased here, you have put this two orunmila and esu men to shame.... Bow out with proud bro, you have won this one.

Mr. man nobody is fighting a war here.
And his case is still up for debate, I have no time to check his query right now but when I do I would get back to this thread.

U jst burst wit Joy for something that hasn't been proven
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Wow.

And you cant quote the bible directly so that we confirm your claim?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And you cant quote the bible directly so that we confirm your claim?

Here you go:

Great Bible:
http://thebiblecorner.com/englishbibles/thegreatbible/psalms/46.html

Bishop's Bible
http://thebiblecorner.com/englishbibles/thebishopsbible/psalms/46.html
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Here you go:

Great Bible:

Bishop's Bible
Gbam.. @Macof, have you seen it? Folake was wrong. Shakespare ni sharkscare ko mtcheeww
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Here you go:

Great Bible:

Bishop's Bible

we have speare in both bible. Not spear. Liar
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: Gbam.. @Macof, have you seen it? Folake was wrong. Shakespare ni sharkscare ko mtcheeww

you are embarrassment to knowledge and intelligence. Why cant you read through the link before disgracing yourself?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

you are embarrassment to knowledge and intelligence. Why cant you read through the link before disgracing yourself?
look at this one, you missed english classes huh? cry what does speare mean? Check the first link, help was spelt as helpe, the 2nd link, chief spelt as cheife, fear-feare, rush-rushe so your brain didnt tell you its an old english and the [e] doesnt matter? FOLYKAZE, Nw i can see how ignorant you are, i thought you were intelligent. grin grin.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Wow.
cry
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

we have speare in both bible. Not spear. Liar
you only know how to call people fools and liars, you are the folly here. Folykaze smh.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: you only know how to call people fools and liars, you are the folly here. Folykaze smh.

It really is sad. He just won't admit that he was wrong!!!
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: look at this one, you missed english classes huh? cry what does speare mean? Check the first link, help was spelt as helpe, the 2nd link, chief spelt as cheife, fear-feare, rush-rushe so your brain didnt tell you its an old english and the [e] doesnt matter? FOLYKAZE, Nw i can see how ignorant you are, i thought you were intelligent. grin grin.
MEILYN: you only know how to call people fools and liars, you are the folly here. Folykaze smh.

Lol. It now misspelling huh? Smh.

William shakespear name wasn't spell as speare. Try another lies
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

It really is sad. He just won't admit that he was wrong!!!

now william is shakespeare. Do you see the difference? Fine maybe it quakespeare too.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lol. It now misspelling huh? Smh.

William shakespear name wasn't spell as speare. Try another lies
poo.... You are trying to cover up your ignorance grin grin. Folake, fear wasnt spelt as feare too huh? Okay now, lets hear what Macof will come up with, you have been whipped, you like lies mr man.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: poo.... You are trying to cover your ignorance grin grin. Folake, fear wasnt spelt as feare too huh? Okay now, lets hear what Macof will come up with, you have been whipped, you like lies mr man.

too should be spell as took and still mean the same? You damn ignorant.

Shakespear is not same as shakespeare
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Come on man. Just admit that you were wrong. There's no shame in that. We're all wrong about things. It happens.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
MEILYN: poo.... You are trying to cover up your ignorance grin grin. Folake, fear wasnt spelt as feare too huh? Okay now, lets hear what Macof will come up with, you have been whipped, you like lies mr man.
FOLYKAZE:

The instruction from the above is for you to count 46 words from first verse and another 46 words from the end both on chapter 46. Pls when you do that on those bible you quoted, do you get shakespear?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

Come on man. Just admit that you were wrong. There's no shame in that. We're all wrong about things. It happens.
FOLYKAZE:

The instruction from the above is for you to count 46 words from first verse and another 46 words from the end both on chapter 46. Pls when you do that on those bible you quoted, do you get shakespear?

Lets do the counting together. I wasn't wrong because I gave premises. Count 46 words from both start and end of psalm 46 and you get shakespear. Such doesn't appear in your bible.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

fear is not same as feare and chief-chiefe, rush-rushe... What am trying to tell you is that in those days [e] was added to words like that. They spelt spear as speare, fear as feare. What are you trying to prove? Just accept your failure Mr man, you were wrong. Lies and Lies thats all that you spew.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

YES!!! You are forcing me to label you as dishonest.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Lets do the counting together. I wasn't wrong because I gave premises. Count 46 words from both start and end of psalm 46 and you get shakespear. Such doesn't appear in your bible.
the counting huh? Its now about the counting and not speare anymore? grin grin
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE, you know exactly what point you were trying to prove and you were refuted. Why are you grasping at straws?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy:

YES!!! You are forcing me to label you as dishonest.

You are forcing me to label you as insincere pal.

If one counts 46 words from the beginning of the chapter, one comes to the word "shake." Discounting the word Selah (the Hebrew equivalent to Amen), we find the same thing at the end of the chapter. The word "spear" is 46 words from the end of the chapter. Remarkably, Shakespeare was 46 in 1610 when the text was being prepared for printing!

While there is no solid counterargument to the assertion that the Shakespeare message in Psalm 46 is purely coincidental, it should be noted that you can only find it in the KJV. All subsequent translations have either changed one of the words, or rearranged some words so they do not fall where they need to be just like the bible you brought up. Why was the KJV arranged the way it was, while all other translations were different? Of course, this could be asked of any chapter, but the fact that there seems to be a pattern in Psalm 46 in KJV makes it intentional.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
NativeBoy: FOLYKAZE, you know exactly what point you were trying to prove and you were refuted. Why are you grasping at straws?

What you brought up is dubious and doesn't correlate with my post. I did the counting in your quoted bible and was misplaced. I did the counting over in the Kjv and it exact. Meaning the placement in kjv was intentional.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America / Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / What Do You Understand By Ash Wednesday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.