Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? (9431 Views)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof: Personally I dont sunscribe to the Oba of Benin story that Odududwa was from Uselu(former name of benin), when Oduduwa came he didnt come with any army. He came alone(wearing a royal attire) The Ife people believed he was the man of prophecy and accepted him as the first king of Ife.

before the expansion of the Yoruba nation from Ife to the current landmass, Ife people lived around in places like Iwo, Idanre etc which are in the east of Ife. Oduduwa come have been born in any of these places.

The birthplace of Oududuwa is still a mystery

why are Oba bini heads buried in Ile-Ife?
The simple answer is Oranmiyan.

Before Oduduwa came, there had been people living in Oyo.

I know this because I trace my lineage as Ikale through Obaseki to bini. But we still regard to ourselves as omo oja ife.

I just want mr president to burst himself.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by coolzeal(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
Needed to save this space. Christianity and Islam are woes to Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President.

We are waiting for you to explain how Oduduwa from east appear in creation story.

And tell us why Oba of benin heads sleep in Ife. Abi na Israeli kings head sleeping in Ife?

Ogosi mean king from the sky. That was the title bini people gave their kings. So it glaring why Yoruba people Oduduwa was from the sky. And considering the east.....is benin not east to Ife? Dem don brainwash you bros.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof: https://www.nairaland.com/1509799/only-fool-says-there-no
Christians are fools

I have a thread to open on that. YAHWEH AND CHRISTIANS ARE FOOLS. Imagine God saying there is no God?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof: Personally I dont sunscribe to the Oba of Benin story that Odududwa was from Uselu(former name of benin), when Oduduwa came he didnt come with any army. He came alone(wearing a royal attire) The Ife people believed he was the man of prophecy, a prince of heaven and accepted him as the first king of Ife.

before the expansion of the Yoruba nation from Ife to the current landmass, Ife people lived around in places like Iwo, Idanre etc which are in the east of Ife. Oduduwa come have been born in any of these places.

The birthplace of Oududuwa is still a mystery

Oduduwa did not come alone. He led his people to Ile-ife where they met people like Setilu (Agboniregun) who taught him Ifa.

There are various accounts but the general consensus is that the ancient Israelites were dark-skinned and this is provable by asking yourself one or two questions;

1 How did Moses survive in the court of Pharaoh as a (white skinned?) baby, we know that the ancient Egyptians are dark skinned.
2 Why was Paul the apostle called an Ethiopian in Acts 21:38 Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

I am begining to suspect that folake is not an Israelite. As a believer in reincarnation, I strongly suspect that he is one of indigenous people Oduduwa met at Ile-ife. This explains his strong opposition to reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
this thread is informative and educative too.... Am gone save it for later....
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

Oduduwa did not come alone. He led his people to Ile-ife where they met people like Setilu (Agboniregun) who taught him Ifa.

There are various accounts but the general consensus is that the ancient Israelites were dark-skinned and this is provable by asking yourself one or two questions;

1 How did Moses survive in the court of Pharaoh as a (white skinned?) baby, we know that the ancient Egyptians are dark skinned.
2 Why was Paul the apostle called an Ethiopian in Acts 21:38 Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

I am begining to suspect that folake is not an Israelite. As a believer in reincarnation, I strongly suspect that he is one of indigenous people Oduduwa met at Ile-ife. This explains his strong opposition to reason.

Oga deal with the question directed to you. I hate dodging around bush.

Why did Benin or Edos allowed the last child of Oduduwa to be made a king over them or his descendants through Eweka 1st, if there was no blue blood connection?

Why are Oba of bini head sleeping in Ife?

Who is prince Ekaladerhan of Ogosi (king from the sky)?

How does Oduduwa reappear in creation story again? Any difference between the creation and the historical fact?

How did Eko came?

Answer and lets roll. I wont accept running this second time o. Lol
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Mr President.

We are waiting for you to explain how Oduduwa from east appear in creation story.

And tell us why Oba of benin heads sleep in Ife. Abi na Israeli kings head sleeping in Ife?

Ogosi mean king from the sky. That was the title bini people gave their kings. So it glaring why Yoruba people Oduduwa was from the sky. And considering the east.....is benin not east to Ife? Dem don brainwash you bros.

East is Middle east, it is the cradle of humanity and it is contiguous with Africa. That is where life began and that is where Oduduwa came from. The Yoruba will always tell you they came from the East. It does not mean eastward of western Nigeria.

Oduduwa arrived at Ile-ife with a multitude of people. This is elementary history.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Why did Benin or Edos allowed the last child of Oduduwa to be made a king over them or his descendants through Eweka 1st, if there was no blue blood connection?

How does Oduduwa reappear in creation story again? Any difference between the creation and the historical fact?

You are rambling folake. Why dont you google up the information. I have done justice to this thread by proving to you, through the custodians of Yoruba traditional history and culture-The Ogboni, that the Yoruba were originally monotheistic and believed in The Supreme Creator.

Idolatry was the reason they (and all other negroes) were cursed into Africa and also dispersed to all corners of the earth. I leave you to your ramblings, you have just solidified my convictions about you. You are not truly Yoruba.

This thread is for the seeker who will find it later.

How did Eko came?

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

East is Middle east, it is the cradle of humanity and it is contiguous with Africa. That is where life began and that is where Oduduwa came from. The Yoruba will always tell you they came from the East. It does not mean eastward of western Nigeria.

Oduduwa arrived at Ile-ife with a multitude of people. This is elementary history.

Epic fail. Life didn't start in middle east but on Africa here.

Fact. Benin is in the east of Ife.

And did I tell you prince Ekaladerhan didn't travel with many people? Do you know how the title ooni evolve out?

And you didn't answer my questions. Your post is gilberish. Eat from the table I turned to you and stop jumping around trees.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How did Eko came?

You are rambling folake. Why dont you google up the information. I have done justice to this thread by proving to you, through the custodians of Yoruba traditional history and culture-The Ogboni, that the Yoruba were originally monotheistic and believed in The Supreme Creator.

Idolatry was the reason they (and all other negroes) were cursed into Africa and also dispersed to all corners of the earth.

I leave you to your ramblings, you have just solidified my convictions about you. You are not truly Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President: .

lol. Your reverend book do not contain the answer? So you want google.

Beaten twice. I love the spirit of kamikaze. Lol
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

Idolatry was the reason they (and all other negroes) were cursed into Africa and also dispersed to all corners of the earth.

I leave you to your ramblings, you have just solidified my convictions about you. You are not truly Yoruba.

Escapism 101 lol

quote your bible pls.

Egiso mean the king of they sky....Oduduwa was the royal son of last Egiso. Yoruba people believe Oduduwa is from the sky. Benin was name by Oranmiyan meaning the land of anger. Oba of benin heads sleep in Ife. Benin is the east of Ife. Now fix the puzzle.

Double smackdown....lol. Stop watching foolish movie like that that said Oduduwa was from mecca.....the foolish books you are reading from brainwashed slave who is hungry for money and fame is not good.

Go to the benin palace, lagos palace and Ooni palace. There are chiefs to answer you there rather than digesting foolish history and fallacy.

Is Job now Oduduwa to you? I smh cuz you are lost in the wilderness of confusion. This is the second time you prove you got nothing to offer. You can trace your lineage from your grandfather back to tenth generation. You dont know anything about Oduduwa. What is the essence of you living as a goat who ate his history with grass? Smh
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

yes I know there is prove to claim ancient israel was black but wat has dat got to do wit Odududwa?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

Yoruba were never monothesit. but we have also always believed in the supreme creator

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof:

yes I know there is prove to claim ancient israel was black but wat has dat got to do wit Odududwa?

Dont question his opinion....just accept it. Lol.

I hate people that force there history into the babble they were feed with. Imagine muslims saying Oduduwa came from mecca and this retarden brainwashed by another foolish slave is saying Oduduwa came from Judah...middle east.

This is kinda damage people are doing to themselves. I pity African....they are the greatest enemy of mother Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof:
Yoruba were never monothesit. but we have also always believed in the supreme creator
macof:

What I have given you is wholistic Yoruba history pre and post Oduduwa. Monotheistic before oduduwan history recall, polytheistic after Oduduwan history recall, linking Oduduwa to the cradle of man the East (or middle east), and How God's authentic children became worshippers of stone and wood(Jeremiah 17:4). Maybe you, Macof, are a sincere seeker but just confused, then, all I ask of you is to continue seeking with a pure heart, but by all means AVOID idolatry. Do good to all men and treat them as you would want to be treated. The light will shine through to you eventually.

keep in mind that Oduduwa may not actually even be the name of a person but a code word for a group of people who came to a place and conquered the original inhabitants. I am certain, with a measure of conviction, that folake was one of the people conquered by Oduduwa, this is the reason it is difficult for him to accept sound reasoning and facts of history. It hurts!

For the true Yoruba, it is a call to royalty, a call to walk in your original inheritance....as the true authentic bonafide children of God.
The Bible was written by your forefathers who fell into idolatry, were punished by exile into the wildernesss of Africa and the furthest parts of the earth.

But then, there is hope and the time is nigh...

Zephaniah 3:10
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

folake is lost. He is destined for destruction. His motives are not pure.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

What I have given you is wholistic Yoruba history pre and post Oduduwa. Monotheistic before oduduwan history recall, polytheistic after Oduduwan history recall, linking Oduduwa to the cradle of man the East (or middle east), and How God's authentic children became worshippers of stone and wood(Jeremiah 17:4). Maybe you, Macof, are a sincere seeker but just confused, then, all I ask of you is to continue seeking with a pure heart, but by all means AVOID idolatry. Do good to all men and treat them as you would want to be treated. The light will shine through to you eventually.

keep in mind that Oduduwa may not actually even be the name of a person but a code word for a group of people who came to a place and conquered the original inhabitants. I am certain, with a measure of conviction, that folake was one of the people conquered by Oduduwa, this is the reason it is difficult for him to accept sound reasoning and facts of history. It hurts!

For the true Yoruba, it is a call to royalty, a call to walk in your original inheritance....as the true authentic bonafide children of God.
The Bible was written by your forefathers who fell into idolatry, were punished by exile into the wildernesss of Africa and the furthest parts of the earth.

From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

read this yourself and ask if you answer the question directed at you.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

BULLSH!T. my friend is a Chief of the Ogboni and they practice idolatory and the belief of many Gods is central to their pactices.

His shrine is located in Lagos.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

BIG LIAR!

My GODS!

I dont know where to begin! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Mr President:

I honestly don't knw where to start with u, so I better not.

May Orunmila help u advance in knowledge and may Eshu release u from this confusion.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

BULLSH!T. my friend is a Chief of the Ogboni and they practice idolatory and the belief of many Gods is central to their pactices.

His shrine is located in Lagos.

The Ogboni member I know here are Aborisa. I dont know where he got his lies from.

Was wondering if Orunmila they consult before meeting is Elijah since he said Oduduwa is Job.

The Iya they worship is an Idol. I dont know when that become christianity. The guy is completely brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
macof:

I honestly don't knw where to start with u, so I better not.

May Orunmila help u advance in knowledge and release u from this confusion.

Person like him need to encounter Eshu. Eshu need be sow confusion into his life....if he is human with brain, he will come to think and appeal to the Gods.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Person like him need to encounter Eshu. Eshu need be sow confusion into his life....if he is human with brain, he will come to think and appeal to the Gods.

True.
Mr president needs Esu

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

macof:

True.
Mr president needs Esu

At a very young age, you boys are already diabolic. Imagine two nitwits threatening me with idolatry angry

I dare you both in the Name of The Most High God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr President:

At a very young age, you boys are already diabolic. Imagine two nitwits threatening me with idolatry angry

They are not threatening you.
They are advising you to know the God Esu.

they are not against the God.

what is your point actually
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr President:

Ignorance is really a disease. Eshu is not a monster that attack person around or suck blood. And you were saying you know much about Yoruba history, spirituality and culture but you dont know what Eshu is? Seriously if you dont encounter Eshu, transformation wont come near you cuz Eshu Odara mean divine messenger of transformation.

You know the reason I asked Eshu to meet you? When Sango asked Eshu the reason he trick and cause chaos everywhere....Eshu replied saying 'I WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK'. You dont want to think? I person needs challenges before success. Business men needs it as challenges make them think and restructure. So dont be scared man......just get knowledge and reasons. Lol
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

They are not threatening you.
They are advising you to know the God Esu.

they are not against the God.

what is your point actually

Read Isaiah Chapter 1

and take note of verse 27
Isaiah 1:27
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness

Zion (Israel; Negroes of which the Yoruba are a part, which also includes Igbo, Ewe, Lemba etc) will be redeemed in judgement. The true Israel were as a result of idolatry, wickedness and disobedience cursed into Africa and other far-flung places of the earth. Be sure to note that the so-called Black man is at the bottom of every social index worldwide-also a part of the curse. But rather than repent, they have persisted in iniquity. The fast approaching judgement is the furnace of fire in which the unrepentant, stiffnecked and reprobate ones will be forcibly refined.

Converts to Zion: originally not part of lineage Israel, will be redeemed in righteousness. That is they will be redeemed by their acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Saviour and their acts of righteousness. This window is rapidly closing too.

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Acts 26:23
That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Ignorance is really a disease. Eshu is not a monster that attack person around or suck blood. And you were saying you know much about Yoruba history, spirituality and culture but you dont know what Eshu is? Seriously if you dont encounter Eshu, transformation wont come near you cuz Eshu Odara mean divine messenger of transformation.

You know the reason I asked Eshu to meet you? When Sango asked Eshu the reason he trick and cause chaos everywhere....Eshu replied saying 'I WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK'. You dont want to think? I person needs challenges before success. Business men needs it as challenges make them think and restructure. So dont be scared man......just get knowledge and reasons. Lol

I dont care what esu is, folake.

idolatry is the reason the Negro (Yoruba inclusive) is cursed by The Most High God.

Lemme give you a bone to chew folake

Ol\ODU\mare, ODU\duwa

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

I dont care what esu is, folake.

idolatry is the reason the Negro (Yoruba inclusive) is cursed by The Most High God.

Lemme give you a bone to chew folake

Ol\ODU\mare, ODU\duwa

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

That means The whole earth is cursed by the most high God for Idolatry.
Every religion or spirituality practices a form of Idolatry

And besides the Most high God never asked anyone to worship or not worship. He rules his heaven and have left men to rule the earth

Christians dont even know the Most High God, you think u worship the most high God but u dont, u worship Yahweh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Does God Exist?" Resounding No / Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America / Faith Building Bible Scriptures For Every Challenge In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.