Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off (27279 Views)

Nigeria Warns North Korea Over Ballistic Missile Test & Nigerians React (pics) / Goa Minister Apologizes For Cancer Comment On Nigerians / Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by yelsew80: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Nigerian community in India is feeling "aggrieved" after one of its citizens was killed in Goa, Nigeria's high commissioner has told the BBC. Ndubuisi Vitus Amaku said the resort state's subsequent order to deport Nigerians living illegally there was like "rubbing salt on their wounds". Meanwhile, police in Goa have made the first arrest in the murder case. Police blamed the killing on rivalry between local and Nigerian drug traffickers, and Goa's Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar asked the police to track down Nigerians living illegally in the state and deport them.

There are about 40,000 Nigerians living in India and Mr Amaku says he is concerned about the safety of his people.
"Indians need to understand that a large number of Nigerians are living legally in India and even if some are living illegally, there are laws in place to deal with that and those should be implemented," Mr Amaku told BBC Hindi's Divya Arya.

He criticised the Goan authorities for plans to deport those living illegally in India.
"If Nigerians are living illegally you don't wait till their compatriot is murdered before you go around picking them up and threatening them with deportation - that is like rubbing salt on their wounds."

Earlier in the week, another Nigerian diplomat had warned of repercussions against Indians living in Nigeria if Goa did not stop "evicting Nigerians" from the state and failed to arrest the killers.
More than 800,000 Indians live in Nigeria and they own approximately 100,000 businesses there.
Mr Amaku said the official's statement was made in the context of the murder and that he felt "aggrieved" like all other members of the Nigerian community.

Indian foreign ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said he was sure that the row could be settled "amicably".
"We have been assured that the investigation (into the murder) is under way," news agency AFP quoted him as saying.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-24835058

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by yelsew80: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
Too bad there's still no substantive Foreign Affairs Minister, Ashiru before he left had learnt to bark pretty loudly. If they decide to start deporting Indians, I would suggest they start from those currently running down the Delta steel Company (DSC). it would make perfect economic sense!

31 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
And dear Naija, it's amazing I'm in this maze with you...
I just can't crack your code and understand you.
One day you make me screaming you love me loud.
The next day you're so cold.

One day you're here, one day you're there, one
day you care.
You're so unfairly fair....

Give me and my people all that we need, lest we travel off our threshold and get abused.

It's imperative we respond promptly before they exterminate my people (Nigerians) in their abode.

These ish of ups and downs is taking all of my energy.

God bless Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by talktimi(m): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
There's no need to shout too much in this kind of case, for every 10 Nigerians deported, lets deport a hundred Indians. They should ask South Africa how we shook them up over the yellow card beef.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
Where's Olugbenga Ashiru when you need him.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva: Where's Olugbenga Ashiru when you need him.

Sacrificed on the altar of political expediency by the latest JP in town.

23 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by desgiezd(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Indians stand to loose more if deported as Nigeria has turned out to be a greener pasture for them where they play all sorts of smart games to beat the system.

I wonder what Nigerians have gone there to do

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
Our leaders are to be blamed for this shame. If the economy is in good shape and our youth and our youth are gainfully employed, they won't go over there to constitute nusiance. The grass ain't always green over the fense and our govt should take every necessary step to protect the integrity of nigerians both at home and aboard. In d case where nigerians are without valid visas, let them come back home and the indians also deported back to their country btw they will be d one to loss because they are more indians in Nigeria than nigerians over there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by owolabifunke14(f): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
They are lucky I'm not a guy. Guys where are you when your masculine nature is needed. Why not give these not white not black dog eaters a good run for their money by beating them up? Dana that killed our people belonged to them,most illegal drugs came from them,bad juju came from them also.Is our government really strong? Pay the fools back in their own coin

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by abuc: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
India has the right to protect their Sovereign Nation but should not violate the right of others.
If we engage Indian in Diplomatic War, they will hurriedly ask for seize fire within 10 days just
as South Africa did sometime ago. This present Administration has one of the most robust
International Public Relation Service. We can engage the UK in Diplomatic War if they demand
for it and not to talk about India.

I respect them a lot because I have some of them working with me as freelancers but I will
never accept any Violation of an African by Indian Administration over a Murder case that was
executed by their own people. This issue should be settle diplomatically before it escalate. This
was how South Africa row started gradually as a joke and Jacob Zuma have to send a high powered
Delegation to Aso Rock with unreserve apology to GEJ over what happen due to yellow fever certification
palava.

I REST MY CASE

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by PrinceDudu(m): 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
A tit for tat scenario may emerge,
International Diplomacy warrants the use of common sense.
India be warned. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
owolabifunke14: They are lucky I'm not a guy. Guys where are you when your masculine nature is needed. Why not give these not white not black dog eaters a good run for their money by beating them up? Dana that killed our people belonged to them,most illegal drugs came from them,bad juju came from them also.Is our government really strong? Pay the fools back in their own coin
if man see snake and woman kill d snake, nothng bad dey dere, d most impotant tng be say snake must not escape! If u stat d beatng up, we go soon folow u grin

49 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by nnocurruption: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
What are u guys blabbing about India this India that when Nigerians don't even respect each other

Nigerians burn themselves alive in the name of stealing aka oleh

Nigerians "boko haram" kill people at least every week

Nigerian politicians use Nigerians for rituals

Nigerian police kill Nigerians in almost every protest or in any little argument

Nigerians value foreigners than their own citizens

Nigerian government do not care about its citizens

Not to talk of the tribal/state of origin racism we do here in Nigeria

So until we learn to value and respect ourselves no one will PEACE..........

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
India should go and ask south africa o

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Codedrock(m): 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
I AM REALLY EXPECTING PRESIDENT JONATHAN TO RELEASE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THIS ISSUE
COS I AM DAMN SURE HE IS SEEING ALL THIS COMMENTS ON NAIRALAND

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lemme call Raj......... angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
Its time for Prof Viola Onwuliri to kick some balls!
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by alaladakosta(f): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
800,000 k indians , and we still call it Nigeria? INDegeria will be fine.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Codedrock(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
gboss4sure: India should go and ask south africa o
wetin our government do to south africa even when they too were miss treating nigerians..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
800,000 indians in Nigeria??

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Gepheral: 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by scorpio2013: 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
yelsew80: Too bad there's still no substantive Foreign Affairs Minister, Ashiru before he left had learnt to bark pretty loudly. If they decide to start deporting Indians, I would suggest they start from those currently running down the Delta steel Company (DSC). it would make perfect economic sense!
ON POINT. smiley
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by AbuMikey(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013

Odikwa very funny grin

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Otunbab: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Can you blame Indians ? When the Nigerian government can't do a single thing for Nigerians. Which Nigerian has the guts to go print saying " kick Indians out of Nigeria" na look we go dey look until the whole case die down. Ordinary India.
I actually know a guy in India that got beaten just because he was dating an Indian girl. Indians are very useless people. I just no wan table their mata.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by 4reigningqueen: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
watin go happen?
Ha naija, we can brag!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by tspun(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
na today we start to c things like dis ? I don't let those shit to bother me anymore. I just read them hisss n move to the next one.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by snika: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
APC is the cause of this angry
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by garripack: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
ACTUALLY AM PISSED

WHO'S FAULT WHO DO YOU BLAME

LIVE IS EITHER THIS WAY OR THAT WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE GOES ON

NOTING IN NIGERIA SEEM 'S TO WORRY ME................
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by livingstoneony(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
dear God y m I not in power I will declare 3days free to beat any Indian u see.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by sweetgala(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Care need be resolved before this becomes public in nigeria.
If it does the safety of indians in the nigerian space can not be assured.
This is the time for FG and the respective consulate to talk big and secure a diplomatic victory.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Dannylux: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
If both countries should resort to deportation as the ideal solution to the criminal activities committed in their countries, India is on the losing side.

Never knew Indians were this much in Nigeria lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Guyman02: 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Its like Indians back home home dont actually know that there are hundreds of thousands of their citizens here working and doing business here while there are only 40,000 Nigerians there.
They underpay their Nigerian staff; bring very old retiree parents here. Nobody asks them to show their expired Visas on our streets or in their premises.
They repartriate so much profit home? Do they want us to bocott Indian products like Tata, Chi sugar drinks (Hollandia, exotic necta, chivita etc) Bajaj Keke Napep, Park and Shop, restaurants, pharmaceutical products (most substandard), Dana etc.?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killed Over 756 In Two Years Under Jonathan – Presidency / Exclusive: Why Governor Lamido Abandoned Jonathan / Apc’s Attack On Pastor Adeboye, A Demonstration Of Its Devilish Mind-set- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.