Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral (27301 Views)

Obasanjo To Buhari: You Must Step On Toes Of Friends, Well-wishers / Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by emamos: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday warned a factional chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Modu Sheriff, that the party was “dying”, and he just be responsible for its final rites.
Mr. Obasanjo spoke to Mr. Sheriff who visited him in Abeokuta on Saturday. He later explained to journalists what he said had been the subject of their closed-door meeting.
“He called me yesterday and said ‘where are you’ and I said, ‘I am in the country’ and he said, ‘May I come and see you?’ and I said ‘my house is open to all Nigerians of goodwill and even non-Nigerians of goodwill. And I said, he can come’,” Mr. Obasanjo said.
“I have said to my brother that I wish him well with the dying baby they have put on his laps because PDP is comatose and he was of course not in PDP, he has never been in PDP until now. When I was in PDP, I tried and encouraged him to come and join PDP, but he did not come, but the PDP they have given him now is a dying PDP, a dying baby, it needs to be in intensive care, otherwise, he will just be an undertaker,” Mr. Obasanjo said.
Speaking further, the former president said he had not rescinded his decision to renounce partisan politics.
“Let me make it absolutely clear once and again, I have not renounced partisan politics, I don’t belong to any political party, not to talk of his own faction of PDP or any other faction of PDP.‎ But he came and I am very very happy to receive him and I said ‘look, for my own education, for my own knowledge, tell me what exactly is happening’, and he briefed me,” he said.
“And, as they all want to say now, ‘well, you were once the father of PDP’, I was once the leader, for eight years, I was the leader of PDP but the PDP that I was the leader of is not the PDP of today. The PDP of today, if you can talk of a party again as PDP, its soul has been taken out of it and those who allowed that to happen are, unfortunately, either in the country or out of the country unperturbed about the fate of the party and indeed the fate of the country.”
The former president said for democracy to thrive in the country there must be strong political party as opposition.
“For our democracy to thrive we need strong political party in government and strong political party in opposition. Today, PDP cannot claim to be a strong party in opposition, I don’t know if APC can claim, at the national level, to be a strong party in government either. Now that is part of the misfortune of this country today.
“That being the case, it must be the concern of all Nigerians that the present democratic dispensation must not be allowed to be derailed and for it not to be derailed, we must have a strong political party in government and a strong political party in opposition’.
“When they talk about institution, a political party is an institution and in a democracy, it is a very important institution that we must all nourish and we must all cherish’.
“But like I said, it is the responsibility of all Nigerians of goodwill and all friends of Nigeria that wish this country well that we should ensure that the institution that will underpin a virile, dynamic, thriving democracy are put in place,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209760-obasanjo-modu-sheriff-pdp-dying-may-handle-funeral.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by emamos: 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Seglaw01: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Baba ve spoken

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Pierocash(m): 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
May PDP never resurrect.EVIL Party

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Baba for the boys!!!!!!!!

This man can never be politically correct. Must he say things like that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by CIGARETTE: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
For my own lovely country to synchronizably move at the same pace with other developing nations, we must join hands together and atleast put OBJ in ephemeral hibernation angry His actions from day one, led us to the current hullabaloo, pandemonium, anarchy, chaos and of cos sardonic and lugubrious state we are currently facing. I hereby conclude my valid statement with a quote "For Nigeria to be good[politically], some homosapiens ought to enter the spirit realm....OBJ of cuz, is one of them"

[size=15pt]CIGARETTE™[/size]

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by weblord1900: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
packed
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by CIGARETTE: 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mynd44:
Baba for the boys!!!!!!!!

This man can never be politically correct. Must he say things like that?
I don edit am so dem no go code grin U owe me one Mynd44
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
[size=14pt]And the worst part of it is that Obasanjo took 8years out of the 16years APC use to tackle PDP, but now, he is the Navigator-in-Chief of APC.[/size]

Who Is Deceiving Who?

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by IamPatriotic(m): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
I will supply aso-ebi for the funeral of our once great party.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Francon(f): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Meanwhile, baba on twitter earlier on Kenya vs Nigeria twitfight. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Themind: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
All meaningful Nigerians knows that. No need beating a dead horse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by ifanajs: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Obasanjo is a man that I do not understand what goes on in his mind, atimes, he plays angle and a times, he shows the devil that he is. The same PDP who never saw you as just a prisoner, who brought you from dungeon to throne. yet you slander them. Nigerian politics needs reformation, I must say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by jerryunit48: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Actually both of them are part of the problem

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by finalboss(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
lmao..i love this man... no homo
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Mopolchi: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
We are the people's democratic party. We won't die. PDP... Power to the People.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by egift(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
#IStandWithSheriff

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
I trust Sheriff. He will give the party a proper funeral.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by policy12: 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Libyan..

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by beautiful232(f): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
pdp haff death

na baba talk am oo tongue

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Category1: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
[size=15pt]u should also note that after this stupid regime, APC is dead[/size]

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by TeamSimple(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
CIGARETTE:
For my own lovely country to synchronizably move at the same pace with other developing nations, we must join hands together and atleast put OBJ in ephemeral hibernation angry His actions from day one, led us to the current hullabaloo, pandemonium, anarchy, chaos and of cos sardonic and lugubrious state we are currently facing. I hereby conclude my valid statement with a quote "For Nigeria to be good[politically], some homosapiens ought to enter the spirit realm....OBJ of cuz, is one of them"

[size=15pt]CIGARETTE™[/size]
Obasanjo till date still stand has the most productive president we have had in the last 16yrs.

He brought so many foreign investments to nigeria.
Supported so many indegeneous companies
Laid down most of the transportation ideas being commisioned now
Cleared our foreign debts
Left more than what he met in the country's reserve.
Built us world class national edifice. Eg national stadium abuja.
Hosted the all african games and 1999 u20 worldcup.

Love him or hate him,his still the best. Stand to be corrected tho.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Before! you don't need to tell blind man that it is rainy
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by ceeethru(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
Over to you buhari boys. pls, give us the video too if avail... Obj himself is looking for revival since he can no longer rule Nigeria again from his hilltop Manson...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Cubeet: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
This Sheriff was sent by APC to destabili PDP, I thought as much tho.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by royalfamily(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
After thIs clueless man leaves the Aso rock I wonder who will burry APC between obasanjo n tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by mmsen: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Let PDP die with their stupid zoning agreement.

I will support any party that is for progress and meritocracy.
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Pavore9: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
“I have said to my brother that I wish him well with the dying baby they have put on his laps because PDP is comatose and he was of course not in PDP, he has never been in PDP until now. When I was in PDP, I tried and encouraged him to come and join PDP, but he did not come, but the PDP they have given him now is a dying PDP, a dying baby, it needs to be in intensive care, otherwise, he will just be an undertaker,” . cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by tim1256(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Just waiting for unfolding of events
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
CIGARETTE:
I don edit am so dem no go code grin U owe me one Mynd44
i code it. Lemme tell julietcutie joor.
Re: Obasanjo To Modu Sheriff: PDP Is Dying, You May Handle Its Funeral by Pavore9: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Cubeet:
This Sheriff was sent by APC to destabili PDP, I thought as much tho.

APC paid Wike and Fayose to bring Sherrif in, so he could destabilize PDP?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Ayade’s Defection: Why APC Must Not Celebrate Yet / It's Official: APC Names Rotimi Amaechi DG Of Presidential Campaign Organization / Shiite Protesters Chase Away Policemen, Ground Federal Secretariat In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.