Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? (1624 Views)

Brooms Greet President Buhari Arrival In Ghana (Photo) / Tinubu Bows Down To Greet Buhari ( Photo) / Nigerian Policemen Dancing On Duty (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Beaf1: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
I have a habit of smiling and saying 'Hi', 'Hello' or 'Weldone' to people I passed by especially at their duty posts, but feel somehow 'afraid' to do the same to the Nigerian Police especially those with angry looking faces and guns. They are also human beings and I feel guilty sometimes when I passed them without saying a word. Nigerian police can be funny sometimes. What if after the gesture they stop you and start harassing you? cheesy

I do confidently say hi and even crack jokes with the police when I am outside Nigeria especially UK but naija police? shocked

Do you greet them or just pass and mind your business? Let's hear your views
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Boss13: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
If you greet them, they will tell you to park - "anything for the boys". If you don't greet them; park - "where is your driver's license"
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
It depends on how they are dressed. That is the mode - active or inactive - which is as follows:

1. Are their clothes starched and neatly ironed?
2. Are their eyes white?
3. Do they have their rifles AK 47 in a sit-mode?
4. Are they smiling?
5. Are they on high alert?

If all are yes, then, Officer, I hail ooh otherwise, just waka pass.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Beaf1: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Boss13: If you greet them, they will tell you to park - "anything for the boys". If you don't greet them; park - "where is your driver's license"

I mean when you walk pass them not driving in a car. BTW are police supposed to ask you for driver's license?
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by ifyalways(f): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Only the traffic warders(Yellow fever),few of them,the ones that have been on the streets since 1800. cheesy
Theres one woman,old woman at Ikoyi bridge,she used to be at Law school.Very nice woman. I call her N500 mama and we crack jokes whenever i drive through there.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by zaandrew: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Beaf!:

I mean when you walk pass them not driving in a car. BTW are police supposed to ask you for driver's license?

Since it is ileagal to drive with out one yes they can.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Boss13: 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Beaf!:

They ask for everything and finally ask for the Eguje
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
I seldom do that.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by EdDave(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
No.
Only when i am caught without my license.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Samxiulee: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ooh yes I do,you don't get loved if you don't show love,we need to show more compassion towards our police men and women,they are Nigerian too,I use to hate them before until I met uk police,,they were so nice and cautious even with the way they talk to their people,I observed that the citizens actually appreciate their police more than we do,we need to be more nice to them,not only by greeting them but also making donation of some basic needs your neighbourhood police station might need,pls visit Ilupeju police station and seer the way it is done,you won't even believe its a nigerian police station.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Tolexander: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
It depends on my mood!

I do Greet the good looking ones and snub those ones with hard face!
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Omen100(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
I dey mad? I go fear Malu fear him sh1t join?for what now, even the ones for my office i nor dey greet dem na 2 come talk d yeye ones 4 road.
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by funnyx(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
Greet Nigerian police? Never! For where?
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
I was on duty in a north eastern part of naija, close to potiskum, but I didnt kno my destination so i looked arond for help, unfotunatly, i am "baa hausa grin" then i saw a police post wt some policemen infront, i went to dem, greeted dem and presentd my problm, dey hapily directd me to my destination!
It is nt a bad tng greetng or chating up an NPF personel, u only nid to b cautious abot it!
Re: Do You Greet Nigerian Policemen On Or Off Duty When You See Them? by BabaEleko(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
I behave normal when I pass by them so they won't stop me and be asking for my show receipt. But in my mind, I am swearing BIG swear for them.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp's Secret Weapon Against APC In 2015 / Apc 2015 Presidential Ticket May Go To South East / K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.