Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government (2721 Views)

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards / 2015: Be Patient, I Won’t Let You Down, Jonathan Tells Campaign Groups / Boko-Haram's Plot To Shoot-down Jonathan’s Plane Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Arobam: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2013
Bukkyade:

GEJ wasn't elected to stay up late in the night discussing with ASUU to end a politically motivated strike.
No president in Nigeria's history has indulged ASUU with a direct discussion to end an industrial action.
GEJ went out of his way to do it and will be given due credit by posterity.

ASUU is not even interested in the education of our children. If they were, they would have returned back to classes immediately after that Aso rock meeting. GEJ allocated the highest funds to education in our history-450B in the 2013 Budget.

That nothwitstanding, He has offered an unparalleled 220B to ASUU to end this strike. Which other president has offered this much? Please be objective.

1000 likes
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Kajiang02(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
The peesident then directed him to lead negotiations woth ASUU and they came up with the agreement together. He then tol the agreement to Yar adua to sign. It is on him not anyone else.

I'll prefer we play dumb, I can't still verify this. Quite clear he was part of govt as well as several senators and Reps.
But He wasn't the President and C-in-C. Govt have bent and shifted grounds enough which every sane person advices ASUU to do same.
These kids need to be back to school and there's beginning to be some Political undertone here.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by takedat(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2013
The Vile purveyors of political agenda using multiple ID's to comment. Labaran Maku's propaganda team!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Mynd44: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2013
Kajiang02:

I'll prefer we play dumb, I can't still verify this. Quite clear he was part of govt as well as several senators and Reps.
But He wasn't the President and C-in-C. Govt have bent and shifted grounds enough which every sane person advices ASUU to do same.
These kids need to be back to school and there's beginning to be some Political undertone here.
ASUU has been on this issue for years now. They have gone on protests and strikes but the government wont honor the agreement they signed. This is not aboit concessions but doing what you said you will do
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
You keep forgetting that it was GEJ who brokered the agreement in 2009. Why os he saying the agreement he signed himself cannot be implemented?

Stop spreading lies. GEJ did not broker the agreement in 2009. You people only know how to spew lies!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
ASUU has been on this issue for years now. They have gone on protests and strikes but the government wont honor the agreement they signed. This is not aboit concessions but doing what you said you will do

Which stup1d agreement. You want government to give them half the nations budget? What yeye agreement are you talking about?
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Mynd44: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Stop spreading lies. GEJ did not broker the agreement in 2009. You people only know how to spew lies!
Blind followership will lead you nowhere
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
The peesident then directed him to lead negotiations woth ASUU and they came up with the agreement together. He then tol the agreement to Yar adua to sign. It is on him not anyone else.

GEJ did not lead the negotiations. Stop being a cheap liar!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by kokoA(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Which stup1d agreement. You want government to give them half the nations budget? What yeye agreement are you talking about?
was the government high on shekpe when signing the agreement?
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Blind followership will lead you nowhere

You are a cheap propaganda troll and a shameless liar!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
kokoA: was the government high on shekpe when signing the agreement?

Go and ask Yaradua! David Mark already reiterated that!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Mynd44: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

You are a cheap propaganda troll and a shameless liar!
Who sounds like a troll?
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kajiang02:

So who signed the Renegotiation/MOU with ASUU in 2012 during Prof. Awuzie tenure? Yar'Adua abi? Shut the smellos if you don't know the genesis of this struggle.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by kokoA(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bukkyade:

GEJ wasn't elected to stay up late in the night discussing with ASUU to end a politically motivated strike.
No president in Nigeria's history has indulged ASUU with a direct discussion to end an industrial action.
GEJ went out of his way to do it and will be given due credit by posterity.

ASUU is not even interested in the education of our children. If they were, they would have returned back to classes immediately after that Aso rock meeting. GEJ allocated the highest funds to education in our history-450B in the 2013 Budget.

That nothwitstanding, He has offered an unparalleled 220B to ASUU to end this strike. Which other president has offered this much? Please be objective.
ASUU should end the strike because Ebele has "offered" them much?! Lol.. I laugh in swahili.. Thesame FG that signed an agreement years back and failed to keep it. Only a fool will take government's offering seriously. I support ASUU to take their time to consider the offer and look for practical ways of squeezing the government's "balls" to ensure that they implement the offer.. You don't call off a strike simply because the president stayed up late to negotiate on behalf of his government. Who send am by the way? He could still have conveyed his message through his ministers and other representatives.. This issue is above sentiments! The right thing must be done.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

GEJ did not lead the negotiations. Stop being a cheap liar!
Lies!!! GEJ studied the same agreement for good 6months before it was pushed to Yar'Adua to sign. Who knows whether GEJ did that purposely to destroy Yar'Adua's govt then. The same GEJ now battling with the problem he created 4years ago.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
kokoA: ASUU should end the strike because Ebele has "offered" them much?! Lol.. I laugh in swahili.. Thesame FG that signed an agreement years back and failed to keep it. Only a fool will take government's offering seriously. I support ASUU to take their time to consider the offer and look for practical ways of squeezing the government's "balls" to ensure that they implement the offer.. You don't call off a strike simply because the president stayed up late to negotiate on behalf of his government. Who send am by the way? He could still have conveyed his message through his ministers and other representatives.. This issue is above sentiments! The right thing must be done.

And the right thing is keeping students at home? Most of you have already politicized the strike even here on NL. So it confirms what Suswam says that the strike is political. Let them keep at it and we will see who looses
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Mynd44: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
Lies!!! GEJ studied the same agreement for good 6months before it was pushed to Yar'Adua to sign. Who knows whether GEJ did that purposely to destroy Yar'Adua's govt then. The same GEJ now battling with the problem he created 4years ago.
Leave them. People think everyone will forget
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:

Please show us the proof of what you just posted else forever shut your mouth, thank you!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
Leave them. People think everyone will forget

You forget? Please show us the proof and stop bringing out politically motivated lies from your azzz!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Please show us the proof of what you just posted else forever shut your mouth, thank you!
You us the proof that the strike has been hijacked by opposition as you have claimed in your comments so far or kill yourself.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
You us the proof that the strike has been hijacked by opposition as you have claimed in your comments so far or kill yourself.

The proof is there for you to see. They have refused to go back to class with all the concession the FG has given them. When have you ever seen an industrial action where one party insists that all its demands be met 100%? That is proof that it is political. simple!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by kokoA(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

And the right thing is keeping students at home? Most of you have already politicized the strike even here on NL. So it confirms what Suswam says that the strike is political. Let them keep at it and we will see who looses
Mr man, my masters programme is currently on hold so I currently feel the impact of the strike even more than anybody here. During my undergraduate years, I used to kick against ASUU only because I wanted to graduate on time, but having had experience after school and interacted with graduates from foreign and even some private schools in Nigeria I choose to stand with ASUU on this. Running an MSc. Programme in one of the so called "most prestigious universities" in Africa and I don have access to a good lab to do my research, no teaching aids or equipments to carry out practical, we receive lectures under conditions not fit for animals even at MSc level, don't even talk about the hostels.. Our higher education is so poor.. Its a big shame on our country. Some drastic needs to be done.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

The proof is there for you to see. They have refused to go back to class with all the concession the FG has given them. When have you ever seen an industrial action where one party insists that all its demands be met 100%? That is proof that it is political. simple!
What concession are you even talking about? Where is the 100b promised by the Suswan committee? Why did the same FG released 30b to Universities and directed the governing councils to share the money amongst lecturers?
Prof. Awuzie who used the platform for his selfish interest would have called off the strike immediately the 30b was released to lecturers. This is the main reasons all lecturers will continue to hold Faggae in high esteem for holding on to his words even in the presence of GEJ. Have you wondered why Awuzie was not invited in the course of the negotiation?
Stop being sentimental and ask questions when you don't understand.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by ignis: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Suswam is very right.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Kajiang02(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
So who signed the Renegotiation/MOU with ASUU in 2012 during Prof. Awuzie tenure? Yar'Adua abi? Shut the smellos if you don't know the genesis of this struggle.

Grow up young man. Thread softly. Proffer a solution if you can.
Maybe you'll enlighten us on the beginning and state clearly when GEJ signed as the President.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
What concession are you even talking about? Where is the 100b promised by the Suswan committee? Why did the same FG released 30b to Universities and directed the governing councils to share the money amongst lecturers?
Prof. Awuzie who used the platform for his selfish interest would have called off the strike immediately the 30b was released to lecturers. This is the main reasons all lecturers will continue to hold Faggae in high esteem for holding on to his words even in the presence of GEJ. Have you wondered why Awuzie was not invited in the course of the negotiation?
Stop being sentimental and ask questions when you don't understand.

You are talking nonsense my friend! The FG has given cocessions as required. Did you expect that GEJ will come to the negotiations table with the cash? What crap are you saying? Whatever the FG has proposed would have to be appropriated for. You think GEJ can just order the CBN to hand over cash to ASUU? Is ASUU fighting for students? Stop hiding under the students banner! When has ASUU ever fought for Nigerians students? Are they not the biggest oppressors of students? How can lecturers who maltreat students be claiming they are fighting for the interest of students You think you can fool anyone with that line? ASUU is fighting for their pockets. They are asking for lands and ownership of university infrastructure. How is that in the students interest? They are asking for 70 years as retirement age. How is that also for the benefit of the students? They are on strike over allowances. Some of the allowances are very stup1d like exam supervision allowance. What is their job if FG have to pay them for supervising students in exams? Criminals and charlatans claiming they are fighting for a better Nigeria. What will we not see in this country. Even Melaye says he is an anti corruption activist! SMH!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
kokoA: Mr man, my masters programme is currently on hold so I currently feel the impact of the strike even more than anybody here. During my undergraduate years, I used to kick against ASUU only because I wanted to graduate on time, but having had experience after school and interacted with graduates from foreign and even some private schools in Nigeria I choose to stand with ASUU on this. Running an MSc. Programme in one of the so called "most prestigious universities" in Africa and I don have access to a good lab to do my research, no teaching aids or equipments to carry out practical, we receive lectures under conditions not fit for animals even at MSc level, don't even talk about the hostels.. Our higher education is so poor.. Its a big shame on our country. Some drastic needs to be done.

The only drastic thing that needs to be done is to sack all lecturers and do a new recruitment. Thatz all!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

The only drastic thing that needs to be done is to sack all lecturers and do a new recruitment. Thatz all!
Now I see how your brain works. FG should start a fresh recruitment of lecturers? You need to format/reformat your brain to process very well.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by chemashie(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kajiang02:

Grow up young man. Thread softly. Proffer a solution if you can.
Maybe you'll enlighten us on the beginning and state clearly when GEJ signed as the President.
If you don't know when ASUU/FG reached an agreement in 2009 during Yar'Adua tenure and the MOU signed btw GEJ and ASUU in 2012 you should stay clear of this debate.
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
Now I see how your brain works. FG should start a fresh recruitment of lecturers? You need to format/reformat your brain to process very well.

Stop making noise! IF Fashola can sack medical doctors in Lagos, FG can sack the dumb lecturers with their 1960 lecture notes! What do they know? Many of them are outdated! They are the problem of education in Nigeria
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by theoctopus: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
chemashie:
If you don't know when ASUU/FG reached an agreement in 2009 during Yar'Adua tenure and the MOU signed btw GEJ and ASUU in 2012 you should stay clear of this debate.

Stop spewing lies! GEJ was not a party to the 2009 agreement. He was not a part of the negotiating team nor did he sign the diabolical agreement on behalf of the FG! The 2009 agreement was a fraud. It was a negotiation between ASUU and ASUU. Yaradua accepted that agreement to avoid wahala and that was what David Mark said the other day! THe difference now is that GEJ is telling them to their face, it is not implementable and must be reviewed. That is the real sign that he is ready to implement what ever they agree! If he not ready to implement it, he might as well agree like Yaradua, dole out what he can now and ignore them later. So easy!
Re: Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government by Idokosolomon(m): 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU strike is not legal.They ar just suffering Nigeria students for their own selfish interest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contractors Disappear From 2 Billion Naira Road Project In Awka / First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!! / BREAKING: Maku, Wike, Obanikoro, Others Resign As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.