Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta (21458 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today As Indonesia Gets Tough / Photo: Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by revolt(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: Note also that nobody betrayed ojukwu nd his people. U dnt force people to b part of a new nation when they dont. And he shud hv think of capturing nd securing ibo heartland first during the war insteady of having sleepless nite over port harcourt city. Dat goes a long way to tell of his utermost ambition and desire. Greed.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by mykh01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
kshowhanif:
their is difference, when a democratically elected president want to kill you, he will put u in a helicopter & tell the pilot to fly vertically downward into a cocoyam farm after reaching a height of 300meter above the ground. Can somebody tell me which n/d president sent his fellow n/d to an early grave with an arranged plancrash. The same niger/delta president arranged bomb attack killing innocent nigerians on independence day, in bid to discredit some credible personality blaming them for the attack.
The problem of nigeria is not the said oppresion of one region over another, but the lact of patrioticism & complete acceptance of who we are. We are nigerians, people of different ethics & culture, perfectly blended together by almighty Allah. All we need to do is just to understand our differences, & work toward achieving a comfortable life for the common man. This is my view, dont hate me for saying them.
you are so foolish that i dont no d adjective to qualify u.u must be suffering frm mental disorder.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by revolt(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
The ph I grew up in is 98% igbo owned, after stealing our proptyz whch u called abandoned u fink kama wud let u go scotfree! Tht ediat claimn igbos took over ph land by force in da old eastern region would do us good to explain y even with abandoned property n job subsidy the ogonis aren't even up to the itsekiris abi na onli ogoni land fed govt dey drill! They are a lazy bunch. If igbos could lose properties to them(thanks to sarowiwa) and yet build the greater phc then they hve no case. We all want out of the present naija status quo but ogoni laziness is xtreme

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by eezor: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Yes u r rite wen u said 98% ibo owned. And u will agreed wit me wen i accused d ibos of been unfair nd unjust wen they were in charge of eastern region. Ogonis are the most industrous if u come to think of it. There only problem is, there opportunities is been hijacked by the predominant ibos(i-before-others).
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tolexander: Waoh!
Just like yesterday!

You can kill the messenger, but can't stop the message-ken saro wiwa!

One of the things we can achieve from Northern leaders. I pray GEJ can pay them back but a man of real God with goden heart he forgave them. Look at what Buhari and El-Rufai is doing, he can treat them but he left them as his brothers.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: Yes u r rite wen u said 98% ibo owned. And u will agreed wit me wen i accused d ibos of been unfair nd unjust wen they were in charge of eastern region. Ogonis are the most industrous if u come to think of it. There only problem is, there opportunities is been hijacked by the predominant ibos(i-before-others).

Are u the Eezor am thinking? Moyor's place @ Woji
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by otokx(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
revolt: The ph I grew up in is 98% igbo owned, after stealing our proptyz whch u called abandoned u fink kama wud let u go scotfree! Tht ediat claimn igbos took over ph land by force in da old eastern region would do us good to explain y even with abandoned property n job subsidy the ogonis aren't even up to the itsekiris abi na onli ogoni land fed govt dey drill! They are a lazy bunch. If igbos could lose properties to them(thanks to sarowiwa) and yet build the greater phc then they hve no case. We all want out of the present naija status quo but ogoni laziness is xtreme

why not 100% owned?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
otokx:

why not 100% owned?
grin
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by amakenny: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: Yes u r rite wen u said 98% ibo owned. And u will agreed wit me wen i accused d ibos of been unfair nd unjust wen they were in charge of eastern region. Ogonis are the most industrous if u come to think of it. There only problem is, there opportunities is been hijacked by the predominant ibos(i-before-others).
I am a very proud Igbo, reveal from what part of Nigeria you come from. What is your interest in Portharcourt? Can't your part of Nigeria survive without crude oil? Japan and Switzerland have no crude oil. Why are you so obsessed with recreating Ikwerre to be distinct from Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by badmeat(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
We will never forget!We will keep the struggle on,until the ND is emancipated,KEN lives forever,
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
amakenny:
I am a very proud Igbo, reveal from what part of Nigeria you come from. What is your interest in Portharcourt? Can't your part of Nigeria survive without crude oil? Japan and Switzerland have no crude oil. Why are you so obsessed with recreating Ikwerre to be distinct from Igbo?

I know the guy he is from Khana in Ogoni
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by amakenny: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
victorazy:

I know the guy he is from Khana in Ogoni
If eezor is truly from Ogoni, he must be a very, very strange fellow, also a fellow who has refused to learn from history. But I still doubt he is from Ogoni.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by eezor: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Yes@victorazy. The same eezor at monyor's place. From Bane town, khana ogoni. There r time we shud face facts, learn from the past and leave sentiment
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by amakenny: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: Yes@victorazy. The same eezor at monyor's place. From Bane town, khana ogoni. There r time we shud face facts, learn from the past and leave sentiment
Which facts do you want to face? Left alone in Nigeria, they will have you drink buckets of your crude oil if you make any fiam noise. But I still doubt your Ogoniness. I lived in PH for years. Most of the Ogoni I met traced their ancestors to mainland Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
amakenny:

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by akereconfi: 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: Yes@victorazy. The same eezor at monyor's place. From Bane town, khana ogoni. There r time we shud face facts, learn from the past and leave sentiment

Eezor are you from Ogoni, cause am also from Ogoni......Khana, Taabaa
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by amakenny: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
babe_online:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Ikwerres I know will never call themselves ibo or agree to be called ibo even when they speak ibo in your presence and bear ibos names
Then what sense do you make from that? Those you met speak a language, they bear the names from the language, they say they are not of the language group. In other words, like you, those you met must have been brained washed to lose their senses. Not all Ikwerres are like that.
You are not bursting my bubble. Oil and gas are also produced in my part of the East. I am not craving any one's relationship, all I do is to keep history right.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by badmeat(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls ikewrre is not ibo,had never been ibo,will never be ibo,why do the ibos keep stressing us,its irritatingangry
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by ceejayluv(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
texazzpete:

Erm, he was tried and executed by a millitary tribunal.

Justice Ibrahim Auta was the chairman of that tribunal...and he was appointed as the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court by President GEJ.

You don't mean it.....
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by idealsico(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
I never believed the extent of environmental degradation of Ogoniland resulting from oil exploitation, until I came across the objective assessment and subsequent report 'UNEP Report On Ogoniland'.The assessment and the report was conducted by the United Nations Environmental Programme.I must admit that the degradation is collosal.Only in Nigeria could such a thing happen.I now understand what Ken Saro-Wiwa died for.Since then I have been sharing the pdf copy of the Report with those who have interest.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by funnyx(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
idealsico: I never believed the extent of environmental degradation of Ogoniland resulting from oil exploitation, until I came across the objective assessment and subsequent report 'UNEP Report On Ogoniland'.The assessment and the report was conducted by the United Nations Environmental Programme.I must admit that the degradation is collosal.Only in Nigeria could such a thing happen.I now understand what Ken Saro-Wiwa died for.Since then I have been sharing the pdf copy of the Report with those who have interest.

Please could you send me a link to that report?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
revolt: The ph I grew up in is 98% igbo owned, after stealing our proptyz whch u called abandoned u fink kama wud let u go scotfree! Tht ediat claimn igbos took over ph land by force in da old eastern region would do us good to explain y even with abandoned property n job subsidy the ogonis aren't even up to the itsekiris abi na onli ogoni land fed govt dey drill! They are a lazy bunch. If igbos could lose properties to them(thanks to sarowiwa) and yet build the greater phc then they hve no case. We all want out of the present naija status quo but ogoni laziness is xtreme
It's because the tendency of you Igbo to always claim you own everything that made the Rivers State Government to change the names of some streets named after Igbo to those of Rivers men.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2013

Eezor gud to meet u again. Hafa u still dey PH? Foward me ur number cuz is been long. How is Monyor my friend? This is Victor
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by kel4soft: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
eezor: The rivers people and ken saro wiwa was fighting against any form of injustices or oppressions no matter the circumstances they find themselves. It could b eastern regional govt, it could b nigeria military, it could b any. Dats rivers man for u.

Exactly my brother we fight injustice. We don't care who plays along with us. GEJ took Kula oil wells to Nembe and our number 1 said no way!
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Cutekriss(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
anthoniosp: so?? how datt one take call off strike??

u mst be high on ASUU weed..........!!!.........!.....! undecided
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by revolt(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
the question is all the properties owned by igbos were they taken by force or paid heavily with cash? Did igbos invade nywhr nd amass wealth by forceful domination? Did ogonis take igbo properties by force? Did they support fulani occupation against igbos tht were peaceful biz men? Did the hausa tke ogoni oil wells by force? Did sarowiwa hand them happily for office of mayor of opobo? Answer these questions and ull knw sarowiwa bleeped u guys

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Solarpower(m): 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
anthoniosp: so?? how datt one take call off strike??
mumu.dats y u'l kum out a graduate n join d same old train. I pity u. I wnder hw old u are? Children! **scoffs**
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by victorazy(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
akereconfi:

Eezor are you from Ogoni, cause am also from Ogoni......Khana, Taabaa
Yes! Eezor is an Ogoni guy. I knew him long time ago when I was in PH and we'v argued abt this thing b4 if he can remember cuz is up to 10yrs i saw him.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by kettykin: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
The poor self image of ikwerre people will finally pan out by 2015 to 2019, port Harcourt is a city that would have been the oil capital of Africa hosting oil and gas companies doing business within the continent , it would have had a faster growth rate than lagos and abuja with an oil and power corridor, many petrochemical industries, gas to electric power station ,gas plants, fertilizer mega plants, plastic plants but all that seems to be finally lost to men of very small mindsets who for a greater part of their existence as an oil and gas power state dissipated energy over their real identity and quarrelled with their next door neighbours whom they have lived peacefully since the creation of the world.
2014 they are still quarrelling over their identity while port Harcourt decays and the whole world migrates to shale oil and electric cars something that the middle easterner is gradually preparing for the worst by diversifying into tourism and information technology, the worst of it is that the ikwerre people can't go back to fishing and farming because their land which they treasured above age long brother hood is gone to oil pollution.
By the time oil is gone rivers indigenes would have realised they got nothing for the black gold except the enmity they created for them selves through the greed and short sightedness of their elders.
The LNG which now has its headquarters in Ikwerre land and paying tax to Rivers Government was purely and wholly the initiative of the last igbo CEO who single handedly pushed his way through bureaucratic red tapism to have LNG move its headquarters to port Harcourt despite opposition and threats from yoruba staff and no support from the presidency.
How did the headquarters get to lagos in the first instance, hints:Gowon and Awolowo regime who go about deceiving the whole world they were fighting to liberate Niger deltans from their igbo neighbours with whom they have have lived peaceably with since pre adamic age with no history of war
Shell bp which initially had its headquarters in owerri later to port Harcourt now has its headquarters in lagos of all places which is not an oil producing state or region, rather than wonderful ikwerre people to fight to have the oil company bring back the headquarters back to their land they are engaging in the worst form of sell out ever in mankind by fighting through their representative chibuike Amaechi the only president ever to have come from Niger delta and the neighbour state of
Bayelsa and this they are doing with hausa fulani and yoruba politicians who in the first place cornered the oil wealth of niget deltans and went to an ignoble extent of ceding a high priced part of niger delta land bakassi peninsular to cameroon

If Ken saro wiwa and Isaac Boro could be forgiven as a first offenders who foolishly fought against his neighbours cause with out recourse to the future but what about chibuike Amaechi an ikwerre born politician who is presently doing everything humanly possible to undermine the Jonathan presidency could he be forgiven even after he has back stabbed his benefactor, Peter Odilli whose large heatedness is what has made Amaechi whom he is today.
Notice the greatest supporters of Goodluck Jonathan today are the igbos whom have been accused of domination, colonisation, exploitation and even victimisation of niger deltans before the war and which some ignorant niger deltans still speak about
Is there any thing wrong with ikwerre people

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Memiors to Ojukwu,
Dear Our Amiable General and Commander,
today is Nov 10. It was the day Ken Sarowiwa was hanged by Nigeria!
the same Nigeria he fought with, to kill the truth!

Unfortunately, the truth has refused to die. The truth is still haunting Nigeria but children who are poor in their thoughts have refused to be enriched by the truth.

Ken discovered the truth too late and was consumed in the process, many more are being consumed.
However, sir, I must tell you that his people are inspired the more by his death!
They are now, embracing the truth! Tell Ken that he did not die in vain.

Sir, we have told them the truth over and over again, but many of them are scared to face the truth.

But whether they accept it or not, the truth still remains.

The truth is that Nigeria was never meant to be.
That Nigeria was a great mistake, a mischievous contraption of the whiteman.
A mockery of the black race and a reproach to Africa!

Sir, please do not think that we have abandoned the struggle.
Biafra must be free.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by Limaoscar: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ken Saro wiwa himself was not innoncent. How about His Ogoni kinsmen/Chiefs who were murdered in cold blood on his directives and incitements? He also lies through His teeth about Shell ( I will leave that for another day) Shell has divested all her assets in Ogoni land as I type this and let's see if that will change the corruption amongst the Ogoni elites. At least I know that even Ken Prior to His death also benefitted hansomely from the Shell oil lagesse to the Ogonis when the going was good.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta by akereconfi: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Limaoscar: Ken Saro wiwa himself was not innoncent. How about His Ogoni kinsmen/Chiefs who were murdered in cold blood on his directives and incitements? He also lies through His teeth about Shell ( I will leave that for another day) Shell has divested all her assets in Ogoni land as I type this and let's see if that will change the corruption amongst the Ogoni elites. At least I know that even Ken Prior to His death also benefitted hansomely from the Shell oil lagesse to the Ogonis when the going was good.

YOU ARE 100% wrong, You know nothing you are talking about, I repeat, you know NOTHING you are talking about, if you are from Ogoni, hope you know the People they TAG vulture, but I guess you ain't from Ogoni. STOP getting your fact from junk journalism you read online.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano Threatens To Slap Critics Of Vegetable Scam - Sahara Reporter / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Anxiety Over Rumoured Resignation Of Adamu As APC National Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.