Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji (1082 Views)

Abia: Orji Uzor - TA Orji- Ikpeazu - Bad -worse -worst / This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by kettykin: 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ll-build-airport-abia-orji/ttp://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ll-build-airport-abia-orji/ttp://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ll-build-airport-abia-orji/MUAHIA—Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State, yesterday, reiterated his administration’s commitment to build an airport in the state, saying that it will help attract more investment and opportunities that will in the long run aid the growth of existing facilities in the state and the entire South East region.In a statement by his Special Adviser on Public Communication, Mr. Ben Onyechere, Orji said that the location of Abia as the commercial nerve centre of the South East has made it imperative that an airport should be sited in the state.He said: “It has become imperative that an airport should be sited in Abia State, considering its location  as the commercial and industrial nerve center of the South East. I’m convinced beyond doubt that business and tourism potentials of the state will be enhanced greatly, as much as it will attract more opportunities to grow existing facilities in the state.“There is equally no doubt that there will be an influx of employment that will immensely generate developmental initiatives, if this onerous project is realized.”He further said: “However, the state is faced with numerous contending challenges but in spite of that, I am resolute in my determination to build an airport which will complement all other efforts we have made to bring the state at par with its contemporaries.“An average Abia man is commerce-oriented, most of whose businesses are scattered all over the world, and as such the need for this project has become overwhelming as much as it has become necessary to avail returning Abians to a one-stop trip.”

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by kettykin: 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
Invest 2013 please come and see the madness you started
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by kettykin: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
KOGI TO OBTAIN N20BN BOND FOR AIRPORT

Print EmailCategory: NationalPublished: Saturday, 09 November 2013 20:28Written by From Nkechi Onyedika (Abuja) and Kolawole Timothy (Lokoja)Hits: 57THE Kogi State government has concluded arrangements to take a N20b bond for rapid development of the state.   The state is also seeking investors that would partner with it to build an airport in Lokoja, to serve as an alternative for Abuja, and also for the evacuation of goods and services   Governor Idris Wada, who disclosed this Saturday in Lokoja at a meeting to conclude the Good Governance Tour of the state, said the state government has complied with requirements for the bond up to 90 per cent.   He explained that bonds are not avenues for siphoning money, as thought by some people, adding that banks and financial institutions are contributing as stakeholders to the bond project, while the projects in which the bond would be invested on must have been identified and certified realistic before it is accepted.    “The banks have their representatives who observe, to ensure that the funds are properly utilised,” he said.   The governor said that because airport construction is a capital-intensive project that would cost over N10b, the state government is going through a process of looking for a partner that will invest with it to build an airport that would be an alternative to Abuja.    He said: “But building an airport here might not be viable immediately, so we are working with the federal government to see how they can assist us, as well as private investors, to see how we can build an airport in Lokoja, which will serve as an alternate airport to Abuja, and also to enable us evacuate our agricultural produce.” On allegation of misappropriation of the Flood Intervention Fund, Wada said: “We received less than N800m… which went directly into our account at the Union Bank and UBA and the statement of the accounts are available. The state government did not take any money out of the account on its own. Every approval was given, and we can confidently say, to the best of our knowledge, that the funds were never mismanaged. There might be one or two inflations of items we bought. Take note that we were under an emergency and we were trying to provide services to people who were displaced. We are accountable with the fund and it was not mismanaged.”   Earlier, Minister of Information, Labaran Maku commended the state government for continuing with the projects of his predecessor and urged the governor to ensure that the various federal government projects in the state are protected.< PREVNEX
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by kettykin: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Does Abia really need an airport or is Abia suffering from misplaced priority
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by FreeGlobe(f): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
imo, every state that can build an airport should build one. We know states like Abia and Anambra are very viable for international airports. I don't know why people should say a state as strategic as these two states do not need airports when poor states have airports and fyi, Airports are revenue streams for states and every state should harness that. No state should build an airport having a neighbouring state in mind without offering to share the revenue. great stuff orji, that's if you can deliver

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Abagworo(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Orji has bought a private jet and needs to land in Abia with it.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by investnow2013: 11:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
FreeGlobe: imo, every state that can build an airport should build one. We know states like Abia and Anambra are very viable for international airports. I don't know why people should say a state as strategic as these two states do not need airports when poor states have airports and fyi, Airports are revenue streams for states and every state should harness that. No state should build an airport having a neighbouring state in mind without offering to share the revenue. great stuff orji, that's if you can deliver
I can't agree with you more.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by investnow2013: 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
kettykin: Invest 2013 please come and see the madness you started
IF MY CAMPAGNE FOR MORE AIRPORTS IN THE EAST IS MADNESS,THEN IT IS A GOOD MADNESS.THINK HOME! INVEST IN YOUR STATE! HELP THE JOBLESS!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by investnow2013: 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
kettykin: Does Abia really need an airport or is Abia suffering from misplaced priority
Yes!
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by qhiwegh(m): 3:40am On Nov 11, 2013
It's about damm time that every state capital in Nigeria gets its own airport. If we're to be a premier nation in the world, it's a requirement.

Can you imagine if a state capital in the USA or a province capital in Canada or China lacks an airport?

If we're to be taken seriously, a minimum of one airport per state capital is a must.

Misplaced priority? An airport is NOT a misplaced priority. A misplaced priority would be a 300 ft statue of Fela or Achebe. An airport will improve communication and will facilitate commerce. Not a misplaced priority at all.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Nnewi1stSon: 6:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Good one from Orji, not like the M.o.r.onic Adaobi in my state that advised ppl to use Asaba or Enugu instead as Anambra could not 'Afford' one, cant wait for Ngige to kick his clueless arse out of that Gov't house this weekend.
NB= orji pls dont build Ekene dilichukwu motor park and call it an airport grin
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Energito: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2013
invest-now2013:
I can't agree with you more.
now tell us why you don't agree with him.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by gerald09(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2013
The probability of him doing dat is d same as EFCC actually catching corrupt leaders. Dats almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by achigogoggle(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2013
This's a very nice idea and will be good if implemented properly.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Kponkwem(m): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2013
Orji and his misplaced priorities. Was an airport always on the cards or just a new realisation? Or is it merely an avenue for further self-enrichment like the various estates he built with state funds and converted to personal properties?
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by drnoel: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2013
kettykin: Does Abia really need an airport or is Abia suffering from misplaced priority
Ma sister abeg help me ask this mad governor. I no sabi nigerians again. Abia has not built their roads. I mean Aba looks like a rat hole or should I say a pig sty, the roads are a threat to people's lives and the environment a threat to people's health, yet this mad governor wants to waste money to build airport. What is wrong in making the state environmentally safe first b4 any other major projects. He is just looking for a white elephant project he would dump on the next administration who would then abandon it. Anoda silly way to spend billions and yet do nothing. This man wants to steal the remaining money his former boss 4got to steal. Besides is his tenure not almost over? What is he still talking about. Building airport for Abia? He must have drank something that is bothering his head.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by drnoel: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Good one from Orji, not like the M.o.r.onic Adaobi in my state that advised ppl to use Asaba or Enugu instead as Anambra could not 'Afford' one, cant wait for Ngige to kick his clueless arse out of that Gov't house this weekend.
NB= orji pls dont build Ekene dilichukwu motor park and call it an airport grin
Every state must not have an airport ma guy
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by lovat(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2013
How many functional airlines do we have in this country. Governorsbelike, if you want to dupe your state try building an airport.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Nnewi1stSon: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2013
drnoel:
Every state must not have an airport ma guy
Besides Rivers state what other state in the old eastern region needs an airport more direly than Anambra? 70% of those that use Asaba Airport are Anambrarians, a huge percentage of Enugu and Owerri Airport users are Anambrarians as well, do u know how much the state Gov't would rake in if we had one in Anambra? Peter Obi obviously doesnt know how to generate IGR, that is why a state like Anambra with more than 22 Major Markets scaterred across Onitsha,Nnewi,Ekwulobia And Awka still generates a meagre revenue of 450 million. and to think he was once @ the helms of a huge bank like Fidelity bank,i wonder what kind of clueless banker wouldnt know how to make money. Pls tell another story, Adaobi is as clueless as Cluelessness!

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2013
just this morning, two keke napep collided in port harcourt road in Aba. Every day bad roads cost lives in aba. But that's a story for another day.

An airport? i do not fault the need for an airport, but orji's motive is criminal. is an airport in his original plan? how come it is coming up just 2 years before he leaves office? Don't you think he is seeking a means for massive looting before he leaves office?

Imo state airport is not up to 40mins drive away from any part of abia and it is greatly under used. Port harcourt Airport is not up to 1Hr drive from abia state and it is also greatly under used.

We need good roads and not airport.

1 Like

Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by drnoel: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Besides Rivers state what other state in the old eastern region needs an airport more direly than Anambra? 70% of those that use Asaba Airport are Anambrarians, a huge percentage of Enugu and Owerri Airport users are Anambrarians as well, do u know how much the state Gov't would rake in if we had one in Anambra? Peter Obi obviously doesnt know how to generate IGR, that is why a state like Anambra with more than 22 Major Markets scaterred across Onitsha,Nnewi,Ekwulobia And Awka still generates a meagre revenue of 450 million. and to think he was once @ the helms of a huge bank like Fidelity bank,i wonder what kind of clueless banker wouldnt know how to make money. Pls tell another story, Adaobi is as clueless as Cluelessness!
U know ur statistics are wrong so I wont bother arguing with u. Once u check ur statics u will see that major users of Imo aiport are mostly imos and abians. I have looked at the passengers list and seen destination addresses. About delta airport, its shared between delta, anambra and edo but funny enof some people from imo. Anambra does not require an airport, if u say they need one I wont argue but they don't require one.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2013
Abia state deserves an airport irrespective of how close it is to imo state.the best location for an airport in abia state is aba;politics aside.if possible,abia should build 2 airports,one in aba and one in umuahia.every state should have at least one airport.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by slimfit1(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Some body want to buy private jet so airport is necessary now above hospital; schools and roads.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by Abagworo(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2013
shachris: just this morning, two keke napep collided in port harcourt road in Aba. Every day bad roads cost lives in aba. But that's a story for another day.

An airport? i do not fault the need for an airport, but orji's motive is criminal. is an airport in his original plan? how come it is coming up just 2 years before he leaves office? Don't you think he is seeking a means for massive looting before he leaves office?

Imo state airport is not up to 40mins drive away from any part of abia and it is greatly under used. Port harcourt Airport is not up to 1Hr drive from abia state and it is also greatly under used.

We need good roads and not airport.

Many of those roads are federal roads and is not Orji's duty but FG. The airport is for Orji to land his private jet like Rochas, Amaechi, Imoke and Akpabio. I don't know if Enugu has bought as well. That's Naija Governors swag for you.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by onyfrank: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
pls build d airport bt let it nt b "Ultra Modern" type o.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by AZeD1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
What is with Nigerians and Airports?
Abia does not need an airport, it needs good roads and better infrastructure.
Re: Why I ‘ll Build An Airport In Abia — Orji by classicEntity(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
abia state super story prt 1m !! Though Abia remains the best state in Nigeria o. Its just that we've not had real governors since its creation, moreover we have; oil money, industries, enterpreneurs, commerce, less poor ppl etc, I pray God will help us come 2015 to elect a good leader. Please o, I thought 'Aviation' is in the exclusive list (FG)?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Anambra Election - PDP Suspends Tony Nwoye’s Campaign Director / Obasanjo’s Letter: Atiku, Urges IBB, Abdulasalami, Danjuma, To Intervene / Listverse.com Says Nigerians Are Worse Than Nazis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.