Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] (1961 Views)

Abia: Orji Uzor - TA Orji- Ikpeazu - Bad -worse -worst / Governor Fayose Climbs A Caterpillar To Hail His People In Ekiti (Photo) / Udom Emmanuel Appoints SSG, New Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by aloyemeka1: 12:50am On Jan 22, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
[size=14pt]
Orji appoints 457 new aides[/size]

From Gordi Udeajah, Umuahia

ABOUT three months to the governorship election, Abia State Governor Theodore Orji has appointed 457 special advisers, senior special assistants and personal assistants.

A breakdown of the appointees whose names were released on Tuesday by the governor's Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr. Kingsley Emereuwa, showed that eight of the 457 appointees are advisers, 397 senior special assistants and 52 personal assistants.

No reason was given for the appointments but the state Information/Strategy Commissioner, Anthony Agbazuere, told The Guardian on Wednesday that the governor may have done so to reduce unemployment and or injecting fresh bloods as the need arose.

Similarly, the CPS said it was a move to bring in some people with vibrant ideas and contributions to state governance, stressing that most of them were tested and certified competent in their areas, including a way of compensating them for their loyalty and steadfastness.

Some of the appointees comprising indigenes and non-indigenes including non-Igbo cadre are Israel Amanze, former Commissioner for Agriculture; J.C. Mbonu; Emma Omokwe, erstwhile adviser to former Governor Orji Kalu on Legislative Matters; Chuzzy Iboko, former director-general of the state's Radio/Television, among others.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/21/6.html
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by philip0906(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2011
Bia Aloy,u and these ur threads and info u pass around that are usually uninformed. . .where did u hear and c dat Abians r starving?I expected 2 dat in ur post,but I did not.Is it ur hate 4 igbos or what?Mind u,despite all what abia state has gone thru,they are still better of than many south-western and even south-eastern states. . .Please get ur facts straight b4 u type anything that gets in2 ur head angry angry
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by Abagworo(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2011
Abians are starving not from food but from lack of basic infrastructure.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by philip0906(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2011
Abagworo:

Abians are starving not from food but from[b] lack of basic infrastructure[/b].
Gbam. . .but aloy must have meant otherwise
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2011
@poster don't worry when the govs ass will be kicked out come april, the new recycled appointees will be embarrased out too, so help us God
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by ekubear1: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2011
Na wa o. Abia must be a very rich state to afford such a bloated government. . . undecided
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 22, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Friday, January 21, 2011

Orji appoints 457 new aides

From Gordi Udeajah, Umuahia

ABOUT three months to the governorship election, Abia State Governor Theodore Orji has appointed 457 special advisers, senior special assistants and personal assistants.

A breakdown of the appointees whose names were released on Tuesday by the governor's Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr. Kingsley Emereuwa, showed that[b] eight of the 457 appointees are advisers, 397 senior special assistants and 52 personal assistants.
[/b]

No reason was given for the appointments but the state Information/Strategy Commissioner, Anthony Agbazuere, told The Guardian on Wednesday that the governor may have done so to reduce unemployment and or injecting fresh bloods as the need arose.

Similarly, the CPS said it was a move to bring in some people with vibrant ideas and contributions to state governance, stressing that most of them were tested and certified competent in their areas, including a way of compensating them for their loyalty and steadfastness.

Some of the appointees comprising indigenes and non-indigenes including non-Igbo cadre are Israel Amanze, former Commissioner for Agriculture; J.C. Mbonu; Emma Omokwe, erstwhile adviser to former Governor Orji Kalu on Legislative Matters; Chuzzy Iboko, former director-general of the state's Radio/Television, among others.
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/21/6.html
What does he need them for ? Political appreciation i guess.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by jason123: 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2011
philip0906:

Bia Aloy,u and these your threads and info u pass around that are usually uninformed. . .where did u hear and c dat Abians r starving?I expected 2 dat in your post,but I did not.Is it your hate 4 igbos or what?Mind u,despite all what abia state has gone thru,they are still better of than many south-western and even south-eastern states. . .Please get your facts straight b4 u type anything that gets in2 your head angry angry

The guy is probably from a minority group in the south. He brings out similar threads about yorubas. Just check out his topic, you would notice that his main aim is e-bashing. What an a55! angry
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by dempeople(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2011
@OP,

He did not appoint 457 new aides rather, about 450 ghost workers plus about 7 advisers like J.C Mbonu, Omokwe and co. The ghost workers will be on a payroll which will be divided between the governor and some other influential politicians in the state. That's another method of syphoning money nowadays.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2011
^^^ I won't be shocked if that turns out to be closer to the truth, than the idea that there are actually 457 aides.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by KaluAkanu: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2011
Dammmn you T.A. Orji! Such a bush man. Dr. Michael Okpara is probably turning in his grave!
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by dempeople(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I won't be shocked if that turns out to be closer to the truth, than the idea that there are actually 457 aides.

That's my guess as I don't see any logicality in appointing 457 aides unless of course, for crooked means.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by texazzpete(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

Dammmn you T.A. Orji! Such a bush man. Dr. Michael Okpara is probably turning in his grave!

Will your people kick him out in April? that is the question.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by KaluAkanu: 7:47pm On Jan 22, 2011
texazzpete:

Will your people kick him out in April? that is the question.

There is widespread discontent for T.A. Orji in all areas of Abia State.

The APGA candidate is someone who just came back from the U.S. I believe.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by ChinenyeN(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2011
Is Nigeria now devoid of assassins, or as gov't bought them all off already?
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2011
And gej & pdp are dng everything possible to make him ve a 2nd term, I don tire for all dis political hipocracy.
Re: Abia: Orji Appoints 457 New Aides [while His People Starve] by aloyemeka1: 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2011
philip0906:

Gbam. . .but aloy must have meant otherwise

You knew that how?

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Madala, Abuja! / Nigeria Will Not Divide – Jonathan / Raw Copy: Obasanjo's Historic Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.