Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos (39429 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Driving From Lagos To Abuja / Aero Contractor 6k To Abuja From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abuja is the best city in Nigeria.The only expensive thing over here is accommodation,but there are still places with cheap accommodation for beginners like you. If you live in the city of abuja for only 6months you will regret ever living in lagos.

11 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by chrisovo: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:
Please guys I need your advice and information.
I am a young man planning on relocating to Abuja from Lagos. I am still trying to be upright financially (not financially strong. Main reason for my relocation).
I would like to know:
1. The cost of renting a self-contained apartment (small size o).
2. How high food stuffs are.
3. Cost of transportation around town.
4. Secuirity strenght .
Thank you as your help a brother/son

Pls for God sake follow ur heart and let no 1 discourage u because dia ways can never b ur way as destined by our creator. All u need do, is get affordable accommodation, at least a secure investment to start with (not necessary big,start from sumwhere ) and trust God tins will turn ard good for u. No let dream killers invade ur 2mrw

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
don't come to abuja, I repeat don't come to abuja!

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by wescoBaba: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by raqueal(f): 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Op, with 200 k you will find a suitable self contain in Kubwa/Dawaki for 150, you might find in Dutse. The farther you go the cheaper it gets. Pls begin from those areas and gradually, work your way into town. Commuting is easy in Abuja, there is less traffic and the roads are good.

Transport is cheaper in Abuja then Lagos, you'll be suprised at it. Infact, cabs are rediculously priced low its amazing. Also, food is cheaper here than Lagos as long as you don't form big boy and shop for food stuff in farmers market or wuse market. Life is relatively calmer than Lagos . Make plans and work within it. Finally, Don't forget to come with your Ijebu garri otherwise, you'll wish you were back in Lag.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by nickxtra(m): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:
I will make more earnings in Abuja compared lagos but the fear of spending worries me. I will earn double of my ends as at now.
Please what about business opportunities in Abuja?
It depends on the kind of profession you are into. Are you a skilled labourer, professioal, a trader?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by mystical10: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:
I am a young man planning on relocating to Abuja from Lagos. I am still trying to be upright financially (not financially strong. Main reason for my relocation).
I would like to know:
4. Secuirity strenght .
for me is like from fire to friying pan. U can still try.hmm but i tink abj is far beter than lag. I pity lag ppl, if God gv u 80yrs to live on earth and u re in lagos the pson wil die @50 due to stress. Lagosians are liable to die young acording to report
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Wadosky(m): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
my brother house rent in abuja is very high .
abuja is a very beautiful city but considering u r not financially stable ,you r not going to be staying in places like gwarinpa, asokoro, wuse,garki,maitama,.places like lugbe,kuje gwagwalada maraba nyanya masaka could match ur income.kubwa deidei suleja dutse can also match ur income.
a small self contain in lugbe can go between 250 to 300k per annum with or without water supply.
security is not that tight in abuja,daylight burglary is common in some certain areas.
foodstuffs are cheap when u go to bush markets around abuja.
transportation is affordable when you use big buses.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by EzePromoe: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
wescoBaba: Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot
If you can come to Port Harcourt Oil Mill market, off Eleme junction via East-West road from Benin city, you will get a direct bus to Calabar.

Hope this will help.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by BabaEto1: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
jamp: Bros u can survive. I told myself in 2005(when I came for NYSC) that if okada men,meruwa etc can survive then me a graduate must survive.
To the glory of God am still in Abuja.

Funny way to reason, so as a graduate u Plan to liv the kind of life style of those u mentioned above ?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
gcfr.com:
don't come to abuja, I repeat don't come to abuja!

Why?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
Baba Eto:

Funny way to reason n, so as a graduate u. Plan to liv the kind of life style of those u mention ?

as a human being maybe?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 9jahubcom(m): 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
kom na....

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by raqueal(f): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
dasparrow:

The business opportunities in Abuja are not better than what you will get in Lagos because Lagos has an even larger population than Abuja. Also, you can't just open a business anywhere in Abuja because authorities will just come and dismantle everything and chase you away. It seems like they want Abuja to be a rich man's city only with the way I see things going. I will only recommend Abuja if you have a job that pays at least 80,000 naira a month because rent, transportation costs and feeding are very expensive in Abuja. So rethink about your plan to move to Abuja carefully.

Transportation is not expensive in Abuja. It is way cheaper than Lagos. Food is also not expensive unless you eat out and the problem of accomodation can be sorted if you live outside town and frankly speaking, outside town insn't bad.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Sissie(f): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
raqueal:

Transportation is not expensive in Abuja. It is way cheaper than Lagos. Food is also not expensive unless you eat out and the problem of accomodation can be sorted if you live outside town and frankly speaking, outside town insn't bad.

True. Transportation is cheaper in abuja, and food is not expensive. The only expensive thing is house rent.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by indoorlove(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:
I would like to know:
4. Secuirity strenght .
What part of Abuja are we talking about here? Your answer to this with enable me give you a more comprehensive details regarding your questions.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by mystical10: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
If you can come to Port Harcourt Oil Mill market, off Eleme junction via East-West road from Benin city, you will get a direct bus to Calabar.

Hope this will help.
no no from lagos to ph then to calabar too far. Entta calabar frm lagos direct abc, chisco etc. If u re going frm ondo drop at ontsha ask of buses to cal
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by xlad21(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
That abuja is expensive is really a myth. I jumped at the opportunity to move from lagos to abuja. Abuja is way cheaper than lagos, contrary to what people think. Here are my reasons.

Scenarios 1: you stay close to town, you pay house rent of around 800k for a room and parlour. That's equivalent to paying for a room and parlour in ikoyi or vi....and that will come at almost a similar cost.

Scenario 2: you stay outside town, say kunwa or Kari you pay say 300k for an apartment. That's the same rate you will get for say isolo. Buy while the trip from kubwa or karu to town is just 30mins, trip from isolo to vi can reach 3 hrs on a good working day. Lemme not even go into the stress of it.

The only issue with abuja is the rent, once you sort rent, everything is cheap. You can basically go from one point in town to the other for just 300 bucks taxi. Taxi in lag will charge you 1k just to go from one end of the road to the other.

I fill my fuel tank, and it lasts me for 2 weeks, I don't fix my car that often and I don't change my tyres cos the roads are good. In lag I used to fill up 2ice a week and change tyres every 2 months.

Garki and wise market sell the cheapest foodstuffs you will ever get, if you dare go to the outskirts self it is way cheaper.

There are no lastma officials on the road, you can chance a police man, life is generally good. The markets are fenced, streets are clean, rented houses come with constant power, water and water heaters, all which you will not get in lagos. In Lagos, from lastma to police people, everybody is trying to cheat you.

Honestly, even the comfort and reduced stress level and ease of operations in abuja makes the move worth it.

And like someone said, there are opportunities, plenty opportunities in abuja. Especially if you have a suit and a suitcase, you can strike gold anytime.

So my advice to you brother, Abuja awaits you. You won't regret it. Nobody that has ever made the move regretted.

Anytime I get to lagos nowadays, I usually wonder how the hell I survived here for so long.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
My honest advice based on my similar experience relocating from Lagos:

1. Accommodation in Abuja is about 300% higher than what you would get in Lagos, if you really need a decent apartment in a decent location. You can get more affordable apartments in the satellite towns of Abuja but you would spend more on fuelling or transportation and sooner or later you would discover that its just penny wise, pound foolish

2. There are various markets in Abuja and depending on which you buy from, food items are actually very cheap. Dont forget that Abuja is close to the North and also close to the middle belt which are 2 major food baskets of the nation. But if you choose to be a big boy and patronize supermarkets and expensive outlets, then its your choice to increase your cost

3. Transportation is relatively cheap in Abuja compared to Lagos. Solo rides on cabs can go for as low as N200 compared to Lagos where such rides go for as high as N1,000. You can also get BRT or taxis or buses in selective location where they are not banned and the cost is quite cheap. However, to avoid the inconvenience of public transportation, it is always advisable to have a good car in Abuja.

4. Traffic situation in Abuja is very easy so you generally have a relaxed life style in Abuja than the high velocity lifestyle of Lagos

5. Security in Abuja is water tight. Those highway thieving and petty household robbers you find in Lagos are almost non existent in Abuja. However, crime rate in deep outskirts of Abuja is something to worry about if you are looking for cheap accommodation.

In general, if you bring in the same drive and innovation that Lagos is known for into Abuja, there is no way you wont be prosperous within a short time.

I will always recommend a relocation from Lagos to Abuja any day.

Just make sure you have sufficient income to cater for your rent. Apart from high rent costs, there is really nothing to worry about in Abuja.

I hope you will find my candid advise very useful.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by papushki(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
For now ur major issue is accommodation, its expensive depending on ur choice of location. Would be great if u own a car as it will be of great adv to u , I don't feel food is expensive but u hardly get to see local joints like mama put we see in lagos n for young guys we need it.

Any which way I wish u d best, its a beautiful town with far less holdup and I love it but d accommodation and sch fees if u have kids is wat afta all dis yrs still can't get over it ( too expensive ).

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Uwadiegwu1: 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
MORE
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Poor man wey dey ask for security strength for Abuja.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by raqueal(f): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wadosky: my brother house rent in abuja is very high .
abuja is a very beautiful city but considering u r not financially stable ,you r not going to be staying in places like gwarinpa, asokoro, wuse,garki,maitama,.places like lugbe,kuje gwagwalada maraba nyanya masaka could match ur income.kubwa deidei suleja dutse can also match ur income.
a small self contain in lugbe can go between 250 to 300k per annum with or without water supply.
security is not that tight in abuja,daylight burglary is common in some certain areas.
foodstuffs are cheap when u go to bush markets around abuja.
transportation is affordable when you use big buses.

With 200k/ 250, he'll get a detached bis sized self con in Kubwa and live like a king with security and water he doesn't have to go as far as Lugbe. Daylight robbery? Where? Bush market? Big buses? Maka gini? When most every private car owner in Abuja picks up passengers for 100/150 naira for 15-25 minutes non-stop distance. When cabs would charge you probably 800 for the same trip?
I stay in Dawaki extention which is opp Galadinma and I spend 330 naira or 430 max daily to Wuse 2 without taking big buses. My rent is 200k, my water runs and I v security. I go to Dutse market which is like most Lagos markets but cheaper. So what are we saying?

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by sambaba32yaho: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
I love dis person dat sick for advice of relocating to abj, I was in abj and tins was going on fine wit me,imagine 4rm LAGOS to ABUJA 4rm ABUJA to SOUTH AFRICAN!!!!!to God be d glory as am writing dis nw am in sunny side in SOUTH AFRICAN!!!!!so u dat sick for advice of relocating to abj all I need to tell u is dat just follow ur mind gud locks!!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by geeez: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by kevoh(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Guy sharply move to Abuja if you are sure of your source of income. Once you sort your accomodation out, every other thing will be piece of cake. I'll suggest Saburi,Dei-Dei to you for accomodation, one room and parlour there goes for 270k to 300K with steady water and electricity.
Don't let anyone fool you, there are enough opportunities in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Ohibenemma(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Emmysteve(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
I would chose living in Abuja than Lagos any day, any time.
Wish to settle down in Abuja immediately after my service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) / Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / UK Man Confronts Nigerian Neighbour After He Stopped Him From Using His Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.