Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos (39436 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Driving From Lagos To Abuja / Aero Contractor 6k To Abuja From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by shaye007(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ OP relocating to Abuja isn't the problem but what are u coming to do in Abuja? In terms of transportation abuja is far cheaper than lagos, if u wanna be cooking feeding isn't expensive too.... The only problem here accommodation which might drain your account.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by gwas(m): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nextworldnx:

Bros! Help a broda, I need ur contact to help with abt dat location. I need a room n parlour for a good price. Thanks
Bro, call 08038289831 or bbm 294CD5F0. I will get you what you want.
@op, if you are determined, you will happily here.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by santagelo25(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2013
Good day all,I have the same plans of moving to Abuja from Lagos anytime soon..In my own case i have plans to go with my car,i have something to do,somewhere to stay until i get my own place.I have gone to do visibility study and i find the place more convenient for me to explore regardless of high standard people see it.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by ziont: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
I am a graduate of Economics, Economics teacher in Lagos, earning #25,000 per month. I am tired and want to relocate to Abuja for better job opportunities. I am thinking of getting to Abuja in places like Wuse, Mataima and find help with a Church. If possible sleeping there before I could find myself job and conducive accommodation. I have passion to work with most NGOs in Abuja but I discovered some of my people in Abuja are to far from towns where these people are located. How will I go about this?

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by londoner: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
ziont:
I am a graduate of Economics, Economics teacher in Lagos, earning #25,000 per month. I am tired and want to relocate to Abuja for better job opportunities. I am thinking of getting to Abuja in places like Wuse, Mataima and find help with a Church. If possible sleeping there before I could find myself job and conducive accommodation. I have passion to work with most NGOs in Abuja but I discovered some of my people in Abuja are to far from towns where these people are located. How will I go about this?

Please don't go to Abuja if you have nothing to offer there currently. Why go to Wuse or Maitama when you currently earn 25k per month? You will end up being used and abused in Abuja because you will go as a desperate person. Nobody wants a burden add value wherever you go and don't depict yourself as destitute anywhere you go or you will attract wolves to yourself they can smell desperation on a person.

That is how girls in Abuja become 'runs babes' and boys become 'fk boys' for both male and female. Is there anything you can start in Lagos while working as a teacher, grow and replicate in Abj?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Homeyfav: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2017
If you have good reasons to relocate to abuja, then hurriedly move along.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by matt4luv(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please advise me I want to move from Abuja to Lagos I need to know cost of living

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 8:01am On Apr 13, 2018
raqueal:

With 200k/ 250, he'll get a detached bis sized self con in Kubwa and live like a king with security and water he doesn't have to go as far as Lugbe. Daylight robbery? Where? Bush market? Big buses? Maka gini? When most every private car owner in Abuja picks up passengers for 100/150 naira for 15-25 minutes non-stop distance. When cabs would charge you probably 800 for the same trip?
I stay in Dawaki extention which is opp Galadinma and I spend 330 naira or 430 max daily to Wuse 2 without taking big buses. My rent is 200k, my water runs and I v security. I go to Dutse market which is like most Lagos markets but cheaper. So what are we saying?
Hello,pls are u still in Abuja?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
honey86:
Abuja in my opinion is too expensive for those who are just starting life. please stay back in lagos. Accommodation, transport and food stuffs is do expensive unless you want to be going to the outskirts to shop.
Foodstuff is cheap in Abuja compared to many states. The only thing expensive in my opinion is rent and it's cheap if you stay at the outskirts of town.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Foodstuff is cheap in Abuja compared to many states. The only thing expensive in my opinion is rent and it's cheap if you stay at the outskirts of town.
Really?Like how much can one get in the outskirts?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
cutieme:
Really?Like how much can one get in the outskirts?
Places like mararaba or masaka area, from 120k for self contain
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Grupo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

And I'm paying 135k in this shitty abakaliki? I dey relocate to Abuja next year
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

OK,but the place dey developed small?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
cutieme:
OK,but the place dey developed small?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
pls what is the prospects of landing a teaching job there,and does it pay well there? Thanks.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1234IKECHhukwu: 11:26am On Apr 14, 2018
cutieme:
pls what is the prospects of landing a teaching job there,and does it pay well there? Thanks.
teaching job pays very well in Abuja if u really know ur onion.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
1234IKECHhukwu:
teaching job pays very well in Abuja if u really know ur onion.
OK,but in which of the areas can one settle down easily and get teaching jobs easily too.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by coconuthead(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
here:
Abuja is expensive but people who earn 30,000 still live ok.
You have to be able to tell us if you have a family and what kind of job you are into if you'll need to be accessing town daily then we can advice on where to stay.
Kubwa and Karu,you will find a room and parlor for about 300-400k depends on if its a new house or old one.
For a single room self contain about 200-250k but some areas like after Jikwoyi you can get 70-150k or even around Abacha road axis.
People even come from Suleija or Airport road.The most important thing is are you alone and how much can you afford.If you are a Christian or Moslem your communities around here can help you once you approach the leadership(dnt meet an member alone oh) sometimes you might even find those willing to share or those with a flat rent you a room.
I know I havent helped much but most times you need to come in and stay around with someone and decide where you want to settle

Which Abuja are u talking about please. Rent for 70K?

Abeg no confuse this guy o.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by coconuthead(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Someone reading this will think Masaka is like Gbagada. Please tell them the truth. Masaka is Nasarawa state. It's like mowe. No school pays teacher above 30k there. Average school pay between 15k-25k. Only very good schools pay 30k
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
coconuthead:

Someone reading this will think Masaka is like Gbagada. Please tell them the truth. Masaka is Nasarawa state. It's like mowe. No school pays teacher above 30k there. Average school pay between 15k-25k. Only very good schools pay 30k
For real?Only good schools pay 30k in ABJ?This is serious!

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
cutieme:
For real?Only good schools pay 30k in ABJ?This is serious!
That amount is too low

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
coconuthead:

It's Better than mowe Sha. Another cheap place should be dutse Alhaji near kubwa.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

That amount is too low
yea!Emmaachile do u have idea of how much they pay?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
cutieme:
yea!Emmaachile do u have idea of how much they pay?
No. I can help you ask if I reach Abuja during the week
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cutieme(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
No. I can help me ask if I reach Abuja during the week
OK,thanks bro
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Damolux01(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

It's Better than mowe Sha. Another cheap place should be dutse Alhaji near kubwa.
The road network and even service network in Dutse is very bad....esp, those New Jerusalem axis...Kubwa is still preferable.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Expressmovers: 1:48am On May 24, 2018
Expressmovers.com.ng: Express movers is one of the best moving companies in lagos Nigeria and have shown that moving can be As fast and stress-free as possible, Get your own specific quote based on the inventory and an agreement is made, swift and simple, avoid insults, embarrassment, extra fines, move fast neatly and easily with payment based on your luggage, With happy clients ranging from 9mobile, Konga, IPC events, DSTV,pulse.ng and hosts of others. Their Services are categorized in four:

1) Residential/Local Movers: this is relocation within a state with a network of more than 50 local moving agents. They offer full range of local moving services within Lagos including full packing and setup services.

2) Interstate/Long Distance Move: moving across states, the truck that holds your Holdings is tracked with GPS, so they know the location of your belongings.

ALSO READ:6 Reasons to Move From Abuja to Lagos

3) Commercial/Office move: save time and money on corporate moving without compromising service or quality, regardless of your company’s size or needs. Only matters on the inventory take and size or quantity of items/ goods.

4) Inventory/Equipment Move: With so many responsibilities at work from planning an event to making sure everything goes without a hitch, it could be really stressful. Let Express movers handle the logistics of moving your equipment’s like Speakers, Instruments, Chairs, tables etc.

For Bookings
Call 09098368452

or visit www.expressmovers.com.ng

Moving Companies In Lagos 

Moving can be strenuous and stressful whether it is Home or Office relocation Movers have made it possible to eliminate this stress, save time and make it easy and safe, Today we have Professional moving companies trained to enable safe moving of large Items. Moving by yourself could seem better to you, but also think of the condition of your large items, without the right tools and experience or training, these items can get damaged through the process of packing, questioning and probably harassments from the Road Officials which could lead to extra fining for overload and your vehicle could possibly breakdown due to the weight of the heavy items.

There are lots of property movers in Nigeria but Express Movers stands out. wether you are relocating from Abuja to lagos or to any part of nigeria we got you covered.

Read our comprehensive article about why moving to lagos is in your best interest:6 Reasons to Move From Abuja to Lagos

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Accountantobi: 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
Pls how much is transportation from gwagwalada to lugbe?.. The cheapest possible
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Adevictor206(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Alhajiemeritus: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
There are so much conjectures here, even from those who live in Abuja.
I'll likely update this thread whenever I have the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Driver Crushes Motorist To Death In Meiran, Lagos (Photos) / UK Man Confronts Nigerian Neighbour After He Stopped Him From Using His Wifi / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.