Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,564 members, 7,958,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (39372 Views)

My Experience With The Super Natural / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Temptee101(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
marvis5077: There is more in the spiritual realm than in the physical. Take it or leave it.
In as mch as i agree wit u but most times our thoughts play pranks on us especially when we are scared
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by henrimoto(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
@agrika. there are persons on this nairaland forum that have not been to a river/stream all there live. and their are people here that don't really know how a village setting really ls..... thank God for nollywood! but still, they can't get the real feelings...
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
experience16:
strange beings do exist. I cud remember when I was studying in UNIBEN. I stayed off campus in Ekosodin then. I went to read in the night in the Faculty of Education but I cud no longer continue reading due to uncontrollable sleep in the class,so I decided to go back to my room around 12:30am to sleep. As soon as I got to the Ekosodin gate, I saw somebody afar walking towards the village. As much as I ran to catch up with this person so dat we cud walk together becos it was dark, the more this person kept me a distance. The more I tried to catch up with him,the more this being kept maintaining dat distance. I gave up and concluded dat this so called man is not a normal human being. I got to my hostel and told my room mate. After listening to me,he said dat we should sleep and talk about it in the morning. when it was morning, my room mate woke me up and said thank God for ur life. He said, dat thing I was trying to walk with was a spirit. Since dat day, I stopped going to that village late in the night alone. So my nairalanders, they exist, pray not to have an encounter with them.
peace!!!!
I realllu believe u guys,bach den in boarding school too,dere wuz a time at nite wen everyone wuz sleepin,u will suddenly see a man in white cloth wItout deein d face or anytin movin around,and wen someone screams d Man would dissapear and go to another hostel and by d time,people wake up,does people screamin will start seeing several marks on deir body...like crezly den,hostel wuz very hot,we were terorize 4 like 3 weeks,we kept rrportin 2 soldiers dey were like we were hallucinatin,until gurls were showin d female staffs d marks on deir body,dey believed and had 2 tell d soldiers who had 2 surround our hostels wit does hunters who had mad charms...huhn it wuz funny den o,,,,dere wuz also another night wen one gurl woke up and wuz urinating on her hand and wuz pourin it on people continously,den she started screamin,got herself out of d hostel and wuz shoutin peoples names dat nite wuz incredible,she wuz like snr dis" ur d one dat causd dis,snr dat did dis,,,,d hostel scatterd dat nite with people shoutin jesus...it wuz badd....or is it d one dat eats from an empty plate and gets filled up,runz mile away weneva she hears jesus or Gods name....kaii boarding school nights were terrible den ooo

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
In this day and age that sophisticated cameras abound everywhere, and can even come in handy with a smartphone. Heck, people travel to the village at all times from the city with same kinda phones, and those in the village actually have some sort of phone with at least the smallest mega-pixel there is.

Yet, not even one picture has surfaced to bring all these stories we've been hearing since the days of our fore fore fathers, into reality. All we have is hear-say from one village to the other. In this day and age.

Or are the mermaids just camera-shy?

Or Maybe they've developed their own form of technology to make them transform into a human being once they sense a camera nearby.

Africa...my Africa.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Rikidony(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
@OP
My parent ones told me that when i was a kid...... A python ones enters the house the tried but couldnt drive it away but when it saws me it ran away, but...... Since there was no pix it didnt happen

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bluhazel:

Please when next you are posting on a forum, please use formal writings and not shorthand as if you are sending a text message to a close person. Thanks and no offense smiley

I guess once you see the words girl, fish scales, guy, fainted, rescuscitated, in a story, that pretty much sums it up, it has to be about nigerian mermaids.

I was able to piece together the main gist just from those words.

I do get your point however.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
I believe Mermaids exists from different accounts. They are Jinns

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by chiboy429(m): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
Interesting ,so NL has turned into a platform for Childish African Folklores.
You guys are trying,keep it up

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by LeBlack: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
PurpleHouse: This is in response to a similar thread on Mermaids:::::::::::
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i guess the mods can fix it, hoping too that it makes front page so as to convince many of us still not sure if Mermaids actually exist! Ok, lets get this started!

I'll start with my Mum's Night Of Terror!!!! Yes! It was a Night of Terror indeed! One that got her to never ever go to a River again even up till this very moment!

Many years ago, mum was in the village for some holiday with granny and also for her care as she had just delivered!
it was a very beautiful Morning like every other ones, i was just months old, still a baby! Me and mum was still fast asleep when suddenly in her sleep she heard the sounds of beating kegs and footsteps heading towards the river to fetch some water. It is a common thing in villages to go to the river early enough so that u can get back home on time and do other house chores!!!!!

So, my mum head the people heading towards the river and got up to too. I was still asleep and being a sturbon lil lad that cry all the time, it was a great opportunity for her to go to the river and get back early while i was still asleep! So she thought. She grabbed her keg and ahead she went! She went very fast so she could catch up with the people ahead of her but never really caught up with them. On the point of entering the bushy path that led to the river, she still saw no one!

It was still very dark for a morning. But she went ahead now slowly, hoping to meet them soon. Not far from there, she could see what looked like a light ahead of her, hoping that could be people, she went faster, but soon lost the light! This time around, fear gradually crept into her, she was filled with so much fear that she started shivering and took off her slippers! But on gettin towards the final steps that lead to the river, she overhead women washing cloths and gossiping about other women.

They were slamming their cloths to woods and rocks inside the river and with such a loud voice, talking and gossiping, mentioning names of mama this; mama that. My mum was like, so i've been here walking slowly and being scared, when the river was already filled up! She put on her slippers again, walked very fast and slammed it with her feet to produce the kind of noise u get when u walk fast with a slippers, and that was what saved her life! Just as she walked out of the bush path and towards the river, everything and everyone jumped right into the river with such a rush, laughing with some witchy tone of voices, laffing at my mum!
Realizing what was happening! My mum burst into tears, fell on her Knees and begged her hearts out! "i did't know it was still late, please, i have not come to test you, i am an innocent women, please let me go, Please i mean no harm, please."
s
he crawled towards the river and dipped her gallon into the river, begging, crying, pleading and regretting! All the while, she was just being laughed at from corners and under the river with some tiny, witchy voice!

Alas, the keg was filled, she walked backwards, still begging for her life and for mine back home (using me as why she needed to live). She came home finally, and it was just 2:30AM in the morning! She cried, she smiled, she laughed, she held me tight and vowed never to visit the river again whenever she was in d village for holidays, Never ever, ever again!

WOW!!!! I love stories like this. Pls give the script to uncle Tunde Kelani (Mainframe) to turn it to a movie. Starring; Baba Wande, Osofia, Mr. Latin...etc.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by eledalo: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
experience16:
strange beings do exist. I cud remember when I was studying in UNIBEN. I stayed off campus in Ekosodin then. I went to read in the night in the Faculty of Education but I cud no longer continue reading due to uncontrollable sleep in the class,so I decided to go back to my room around 12:30am to sleep. As soon as I got to the Ekosodin gate, I saw somebody afar walking towards the village. As much as I ran to catch up with this person so dat we cud walk together becos it was dark, the more this person kept me a distance. The more I tried to catch up with him,the more this being kept maintaining dat distance. I gave up and concluded dat this so called man is not a normal human being. I got to my hostel and told my room mate. After listening to me,he said dat we should sleep and talk about it in the morning. when it was morning, my room mate woke me up and said thank God for ur life. He said, dat thing I was trying to walk with was a spirit. Since dat day, I stopped going to that village late in the night alone. So my nairalanders, they exist, pray not to have an encounter with them.
peace!!!!

Can you believe this person has a university education? Please do not take offence. I just find it ridiculous that someone who has gone through years of structured education believes in ghosts and ghouls (and mermaids grin ) . Perhaps you were sent to study something unscientific. You are entitled to your views anyway, and I must respect that.

Agrika: @ eladelo, yes
Just ridiculous. So scientific minds who have found cures for numerous diseases, built airplanes and even your air conditioner are the ones who are brainwashed? But people who run away from the river at night for fear, not of drowning, but of witches and mermaids are enlightened? Does this make any sense whatsoever? Anyway, this is your opinion. I respect that. No offence meant.

And just for the record: The phrase is 'LIVE EXPERIENCE'.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by mediachirps(m): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ Op, even if those stories where lies! I like your style of writing, you pictured the whole scheme and make it come to life. it made me remember reading those pamphlets those days, from Ghanaians writers.
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by flexshop(m): 12:45am On Nov 14, 2013
At my age and with the type of things my two eyes have seen and my ears have heard, I believe anything is possible

Those who think some of these things are folklore or tales are either kids or haven't seen anything.

I believe the OP wasn't trying to make anyone believe anything, but believe me, the day you will experience it, you would tell yourself that you are hallucinating, you will try to believe its an illusion but no,it will be real before your eyes.

The day I believed in God and gave my life to him was when I stubbornly went to a native doctor with a friend back in uni days who got attacked by robbers,I saw the everything that happened replay in a basin filled with water koro koro with my eyes. I had goose pimples and shivers for 3 complete days.

After that day,If someone tells me that vampires exist, I won't doubt it

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by kolidave: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2013
Rikidony: @OP
My parent ones told me that when i was a kid...... A python ones enters the house the tried but couldnt drive it away but when it saws me it ran away, but...... Since there was no pix it didnt happen
na this ur ibon(grammar) and spelling pursue the python ooo, no be wen it saws u....

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by warrenweste(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2013
ebamma: i believe u op, i remember my dad telling us about a popular mermaid, who existed in our village, when rain felled nobody could pass near the stream she stayed, cos the little stream will turn into an ocean and covered the whole pathways, when the government sent contractors to tar the road, the germans had to go into the stream and take her out before the could tar the road, cos many companies had tried tarring the road with no success, due to the mermaid always destroying it
Where was she taken to? Or do u mean appease her and offer her sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by victorazy(m): 1:30am On Nov 14, 2013
warrenweste:
Where was she taken to? Or do u mean appease her and offer her sacrifice?

Ofcux dey took her in a bottle, wat do u think dat gives oyibo inspirations?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by toygod2: 4:07am On Nov 14, 2013
hw true?
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Vicjosh(m): 5:33am On Nov 14, 2013
anyways, i woun't discard d story so easily since dis is africa and a lot of weird things happens.
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by JamesLucia: 5:46am On Nov 14, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by nbright: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2013
Europeans sights a mermaid... The mermaid dissappears/swims away.... African man/Nigerian sights a mermaid and starts begging/runs away...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 14, 2013
I was actually saved from drowning by one their baby,many yrs ago,.But with the way pple here dismiss wat they don't kno,am not goin to talk about it,I've not told anyone about it b/4 not even my mum.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:19am On Nov 14, 2013
eledalo:

Can you believe this person has a university education? Please do not take offence. I just find it ridiculous that someone who has gone through years of structured education believes in ghosts and ghouls (and mermaids grin ) . Perhaps you were sent to study something unscientific. You are entitled to your views anyway, and I must respect that.

Just ridiculous. So scientific minds who have found cures for numerous diseases, built airplanes and even your air conditioner are the ones who are brainwashed? But people who run away from the river at night for fear, not of drowning, but of witches and mermaids are enlightened? Does this make any sense whatsoever? Anyway, this is your opinion. I respect that. No offence meant.

And just for the record: The phrase is 'LIVE EXPERIENCE'.
stop typin shitt with ur leprous hand! If don't believe Bleep off and stop behavin like it wuz forced down ur throat,u think ur educated makes u smart....dumbphuck,stop insultin someones education cos of wat he typed abi na by force,ajepkako under cover claimin butty,I only believe in science) be fooling ur dead brain wif ignorence! Educated illiterate! Mstwweeew!

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Chimzy2(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2013
Am so loving this stories..please keep it coming

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by unmask: 7:42am On Nov 14, 2013
Nigerians please we should not mistake mammy water for mermaids.....thank you

Mermaids are usually beautiful, brazilian hair totting, beyonce curves having, shakira hips twisting, sensuos lipped, flat tummied, firm breasted, bikini wearing sexy mommas............................................

mammy waters on the other hand are charcoal black, ugly, flat chested, bloodshot eyed, swaggerless, pot bellied, native clothe wearing low lives....whose only issue with the world is that they are fugly

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by experience16: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2013
[quote author=eledalo]

I am not surprised at ur type. just becos u don't believe in those things, doesn' t make any other person not to believe in their existence. FYI, I studied chemical engineering. can u be more scientific than the Engineers?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by sats: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2013
and am supposed to belive dis, yeah right, there are mermaid sightings on youtube if you want to see ... this your tales by moonlight story wont do it ... confam

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Malakh: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2013
Booty butt chic: stop typin shitt with ur leprous hand! If don't believe Bleep off and stop behavin like it wuz forced down ur throat,u think ur educated makes u smart....dumbphuck,stop insultin someones education cos of wat he typed abi na by force,ajepkako under cover claimin butty,I only believe in science) be fooling ur dead brain wif ignorence! Educated illiterate! Mstwweeew!
They say women generate 800 volts of electricity when angry, control your emotions, it's not worth getting angry over, although I understand your anger

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by charliebiz(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Na waoh. wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2013
euromilion: I was actually saved from drowning by one their baby,many yrs ago,.But with the way pple here dismiss wat they don't kno,am not goin to talk about it,I've not told anyone about it b/4 not even my mum.

That's from the movie splash grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Auditory and visual hallucination things.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Ishilove: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Op, what's with the exclamation marks?!? It's so distracting!! angry

Anyway, these kind of stories are not new. They call humans 'awon oke'. A man I am very familiar with was in a boating accident. He happens to be an Ijaw man who grew up in his locality before moving to the south, somewhere in Osun state. So when the boat capsized, every one, except two people drowned. He and the survivor, who wasn't a very good swimmer decided to swim until someone found them. They swam for close to an hour, and it was when the man stopped to rest that he noticed the other man was no longer with him. He told me that most likely his unfortunate companion had gotten tired and simply drowned. Now very worried, he swam on.

He stopped again after about 20 minutes. Where he stoppe at was a spot in the water where there were a cluster of seaweeds, hyacinths and sticks that jutted out from the river. As he rested, he suddenly began to hear the sounds of people conversing beneath the water. Shocked, he decided to listen closer. The voices were laughing and conversing in Yoruba language. Suddenly, there was silence. He now heard one of the voices ask, still in Yoruba, "who is that up there?" Another voice responded "don't mind him. It's one of those earth people (awon oke ile). That is how they like disturbing and interrupting."

They hissed and kept on conversing. The man immediately left the place for them.

He was later resued by a passing speed boat.

The things unseen are more than the things seen, so I am not in anyway moved by this story because even stranger, mindboggling things exist in this life.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by alfajohn: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2013
Laalamed: Auditory and visual hallucination things.
That is what it is called by science, but as time goes on you may come to realize that the physical world is controlled from the spiritual world and there are some many things in this our environment that is beyond our comprehension.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035" / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / Nigerian Hajj Stampede Victim In Critical Condition At Saudi Hospital [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.