Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,186 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (38992 Views)

My Experience With The Super Natural / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
PurpleHouse:
YES! A village at Ovia North East precisely! Thats all i can say!
I believe you.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by eledalo: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
Agrika: @ henrimoto, try to understand me first before rushing to conclusion...i believe they are several powers that exist on earth,...and of all the powers, one we have been told is the most powerful,....it has been drummed into our head as from childhood that we forget the existence of other powers....take for example how so many so called christians and muslims are disbelieving this story..simply because mermaids were mentioned...is that not a sign of being brainwashed?

If I understand you correctly, you are saying those that do not believe in mermaids are being brainwashed?
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by PurpleHouse(m): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
burning_spear: No need for lenses, you've got it!

A few things I observed in your work:

1. You successfully pinned down your readers to your narration, keeping them seated to know what happened next.
2. You gracefully brought your readers to the setting, to feel as if they were right there.

My advise:
Another Achebe, Obi B. Egbuna, .... in the coming
Release yourself to this gift, to this talent. You'll be happier.

Outlook:
We are all waiting for your book (in whatever field)

Good-luck!
Thanks for the advice!!!!! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
^ bros give honour o.

Dont be collecting no "accolades" for wetin ya eye no see.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
tm-tech:
Many of the present day pple (including me) feel too superior and are so realistic , we don't seem to beliv dat there are other beings but us.....we don't beliv in astra projection, transcendentals(metaphysical realm).....my cousin encountered bush baby (goblin) wen he traveled to ijebu jesha sometimes back....how do you explain that.......we tend to beliv more in science than in Nature..........all I know is that the aquatic habitat is home to so many creatures , including beasts and demons....I beliv there is God, if so, automatically there are demons tooooooooo

If you can just explain how goblin = bush baby or vice versa, i could understand you better.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
HNosegbe: A story about mermaids in the Science/Technology section.

Abeg what does this have to do with science and technology?

grin

African science and technology.

Its now in religion section, maybe it will move to culture, romance or politics at some point.

Celebrity?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by experience16: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
delishpot:
Nna this sort happened to me too. In sec school. I was a boarder and as usual scared of lady koikoi. One night I heard voices laughing and gisting outside my dorm. Thought some seniors were outside gisting even though they were not supposed to be outside after lights out. It gave me courage to go outside and relieve myself since people were outside. Omo as soon as I opened door, SILENCE! Haba, where are zhe people talking and gisting na? I heard more than 6 diff voices right outside cos I was sure I listened well before I went out. Anyway, i quickly peed and went in but God knows I heard voices gisting and laughing that night. I can swear by anything I heard voices unless the girls stoped talking o but no senior in ss 3 will stop talk
ing for a junior in jss 3 instead they will harass you.
You never know how you will react when you are scared. But people tend to do what they planned to do rather than running just to show innocence. Like see i came to pee or drink water o not to disturb you guys.
strange beings do exist. I cud remember when I was studying in UNIBEN. I stayed off campus in Ekosodin then. I went to read in the night in the Faculty of Education but I cud no longer continue reading due to uncontrollable sleep in the class,so I decided to go back to my room around 12:30am to sleep. As soon as I got to the Ekosodin gate, I saw somebody afar walking towards the village. As much as I ran to catch up with this person so dat we cud walk together becos it was dark, the more this person kept me a distance. The more I tried to catch up with him,the more this being kept maintaining dat distance. I gave up and concluded dat this so called man is not a normal human being. I got to my hostel and told my room mate. After listening to me,he said dat we should sleep and talk about it in the morning. when it was morning, my room mate woke me up and said thank God for ur life. He said, dat thing I was trying to walk with was a spirit. Since dat day, I stopped going to that village late in the night alone. So my nairalanders, they exist, pray not to have an encounter with them.
peace!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by ohemm(f): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
I kindda feel the writer.no matter how religious or educated i have turned out to be,there are some things that cannot be discountenanced...take for instance, my elder sis died on the day she told us she was going to die. She followed some neighbours to the river,came back home and said she was a mermaid and that she met her spirit mother who told her she will return to her on her 17th birthday.she was 10 then.she insisted and got married at the age of sixteen,actually told my pops he was wasting money on her education,gave birth 3mnts to her 17th birthday and died on her 17th birthday.she wasnt sick,no suicide case.she just called all of us together,told my pops to make sure i go to school no matter what cos i was going to go places before my 25th birthday.advised everyone and just slept off up until today.funny,since my 25th birthday up until today,i get favours left right and centre that im kindda forced to believe that somewhere beyond this life,unexplanable things do go on!my take!

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by bardmorz: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
She saw mermaids and still manage to fetch her water hile begging right? grin. The story is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by adexsimply(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
experience16:
strange beings do exist. I cud remember when I was studying in UNIBEN. I stayed off campus in Ekosodin then. I went to read in the night in the Faculty of Education but I cud no longer continue reading due to uncontrollable sleep in the class,so I decided to go back to my room around 12:30am to sleep. As soon as I got to the Ekosodin gate, I saw somebody afar walking towards the village. As much as I ran to catch up with this person so dat we cud walk together becos it was dark, the more this person kept me a distance. The more I tried to catch up with him,the more this being kept maintaining dat distance. I gave up and concluded dat this so called man is not a normal human being. I got to my hostel and told my room mate. After listening to me,he said dat we should sleep and talk about it in the morning. when it was morning, my room mate woke me up and said thank God for ur life. He said, dat thing I was trying to walk with was a spirit. Since dat day, I stopped going to that village late in the night alone. So my nairalanders, they exist, pray not to have an encounter with them.
peace!!!!
you forgot to add "Bazinga".. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Mynd55: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
This should be in the Literature section.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by cannonnier(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
experience16:
peace!!!!
you are mistaking usain bolt for spirit. hmm

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by adexsimply(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
“People are stu.pid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”
― Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
bardmorz: She saw mermaids and still manage to fetch her water hile begging right? grin. The story is not bad at all.

If seeing mermaids is not unusual, and besides, the water is needed for other important things.

Why go all that way and still not fetch the water, will the mermaids fetch it for her?
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by whitemosquito(f): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lolz. Well, it doesnt matter whether they are real or imagined- mermaids, bush babies, etc. What matters to me is that Iv been given power over them by One who has Authority over all things in heaven and no earth. LOBATAN.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tpia5: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
dmitroika:

The stories that came with pictures and even videos did you beleive? The mermaid sighting that took place in Israel recently is not a hoax. I think it's real. those guys coming out to say it was staged did so because they've received warning/threats from the government.

Ok, kudos.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Jman06(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
kekakuz: i remember my encounter with a mermaid very well like it was yesterday
mostly because it was yesterday

it was a cold night,the breeze was freezing so i hid under my blanket
then i heard a wisper in my ears
"come come with me" at first i refused because she look like tonto dike
then she changed into tiwa savage.so i followed her. we followed the bush part and reached the river.
although i noticed that the legs were joint but i felt it was just a custume to spice things up.
she called on her fellow friends to come out of the river.nadia buhari toolz rihanna beyoncy and mercy j. they all carried me and finished with kisses
i grabed beyoncy from the front and start to suckle on her thing then i recieved a dirty slap from my roommate i woke up to see myself suckking on his dry igbo chest.emeka slap bad
U dey find person wey u go kill with laugh ba...lolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Cashio(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Only he who has not been to the stream late nights and early mornings will doubt the existence of mermaids.why should three women all tieing only white wrappers be washing their clothes in the stream as early as 2:30am....why didn't they wait till we draw closer before running away(dnt wanna say disappear cos of thomases)

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Agrika: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ eladelo, yes

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
geeworld1:
Didn't u read the story or u dnt understand it nii, hw do u xpect her mum to go out wit camera phone around 2:00AM "dos it make sense to u" or a teen of 14 wit phone @ dat tym was she xpecting to see anytin strange......"common hw do some ppl rilly think"

If I'm to randomly believe anything I hear, I'd be foolish. The internet is full of lies. Wise up.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by tmtech: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
tpia@:

If you can just explain how goblin = bush baby or vice versa, i could understand you better.

Well here dats the alias given to iwin or egbere ...if you no wat dat mean.....although dia is an actual animal called bush baby....

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Deiok(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mermaid may truely exist. We have intelligent Animals on land, Unique animals on the air, There should also be powerfull and amazing animals on water. God created all things to be perfect, but the Devil and his agents the demons have to take advantage of God creatures to carry out their evil plans and destructions. That why they possesses, some particular species of Birds, pets, and also some animals of the sea, even to human.

Thats why the bible mentioned that at the Mention of the name Jesus, Every kneels shall bow, of the power in Heaven, On earth, And under the Earth which Include the waters (Rivers, Seas, Oceans). That means their are supernatural powers in the river.
Having that in mind, also know this that these dark forces dont just posses any species of animal, but animals that are intelligent and with good features. So that they will be able to carry out the their evil act.

These species seeing that most of their types are been use as a tool, have to take to hiding, inorder for them not to be a victim also. They have to hide also from humans, cause if humans knows of their existent and where about, they will hunt them down.
Examples are cats and some species of birds which we will try anything by all means to kill if sighted anywhere around us.

I believe these will change some persons idea about this whole thing. And i believe some answers can be found in the bible if we study it carefully.

KELVINHO 's Opinion.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by darnley16(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
They don't speak
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Temptee101(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hahahahahaahahahhahaha!! I once had this illusion when i ist smoked weed. Op, u will get over it ok. Cngrats 4 makin frnt page shaa

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by rill: 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
ohemm: I kindda feel the writer.no matter how religious or educated i have turned out to be,there are some things that cannot be discountenanced...take for instance, my elder sis died on the day she told us she was going to die. She followed some neighbours to the river,came back home and said she was a mermaid and that she met her spirit mother who told her she will return to her on her 17th birthday.she was 10 then.she insisted and got married at the age of sixteen,actually told my pops he was wasting money on her education,gave birth 3mnts to her 17th birthday and died on her 17th birthday.she wasnt sick,no suicide case.she just called all of us together,told my pops to make sure i go to school no matter what cos i was going to go places before my 25th birthday.advised everyone and just slept off up until today.funny,since my 25th birthday up until today,i get favours left right and centre that im kindda forced to believe that somewhere beyond this life,unexplanable things do go on!my take!

You are a mermaid.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Jman06(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
PurpleHouse: It was holiday again, and i was just 14Years old! Dad had droped us the previous day with granny for some hard knocks for being sturborn and too playful at school! It was a market day in the village! As we all know, the village has a day set aside for selling stuffs gotten from the weeks of farm labour and hard work! A day to eat well and make some money. On this day, no one is supposed to go to the river or farm, but not me, haaa, i was a bad a****s kiddo! Bad boy from town with a fancy Bike, every village girl's delight! I tool my lil bro and we headed to the river to get some urgent water as the house was virtualy empty! Granny had no knowledge. We walk and got toward the river path, no more houses around here, we were about entering the bushy path when a thought of wisdom crossed my mind! I stopped, and pulled my lil bro back, the road was still very clean, no foot steps on the ground. No drops of water or signs to show that people had passed through heading to the river! I decided to sit down there and wait for till someone came along, so we could go together! Not long after that, a young boy and girl of about my age was heading towards us and walked past us, we got up and followed them instantly! But on getting to tje river, wow, the river was as silent as a graveyard! Dry! But something was strange? There were drum beats and chantings of many things comin up from under the river! Drum beats like the ones u hear when folks are serving their gods, low tempo, but very persuasive, it makes u nod your head like u like the beats and the sound! I was scared! Very scared! Didn't know what was going on, and equally tryina figure out where the beats were coming from! It was indeed under the river! The other guys seem not too bothered, they just fetched their water, took some swimming, and was about heading home! I asked them what was happenin, but they simply replied "Have you forgotten that today is a Market day?" it was there that it downed on me that there was a general meeting going on! But why we could hear the drums and other stuffs was what surpprised me! Aren't they supposed to be spiritual beings? We grabbed our galons and head home as soon and as fast as we could! Believe me, that was the day i feared GOD!
-----------------------------------------
NB: not very long after my mum's incident, the chief priest of the village cried around the village that the gods of the land are complaining that they don't enjoy their quality time, their privacy. That they are being disturbed by people coming to the river at night, when they were supposed to have their break!
Believe this or not! It's ur own palava, but it all happened live and not in Nollywood! Mum told me all she went through, but when i experienced mine, i feared God, the Sea, and All thats in it!
Op eh,regarding your own experience,i'm sure those sounds you heard were coming from sea animals such as frogs,toads,water molluscs,crabs etc,that come out to bask in water when the river is filled after a heavy rainfall,i had similar experience when i was in the village.So cast ur mind back to that incident u narrated and tell us if there was a rainfall either on that day or the night before.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
There is more in the spiritual realm than in the physical. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Temptee101(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
cannonnier: you are mistaking usain bolt for spirit. hmm
See una no go kill me wit laff 4 hia. Mba! I refused 2 die

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Sike(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
kekakuz: i remember my encounter with a mermaid very well like it was yesterday
mostly because it was yesterday

it was a cold night,the breeze was freezing so i hid under my blanket
then i heard a wisper in my ears
"come come with me" at first i refused because she look like tonto dike
then she changed into tiwa savage.so i followed her. we followed the bush part and reached the river.
although i noticed that the legs were joint but i felt it was just a custume to spice things up.
she called on her fellow friends to come out of the river.nadia buhari toolz rihanna beyoncy and mercy j. they all carried me and finished with kisses
i grabed beyoncy from the front and start to suckle on her thing then i recieved a dirty slap from my roommate i woke up to see myself suckking on his dry igbo chest.emeka slap bad
LMAOOOOOOO. Guy, you are MARD!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Latnok95(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
DonPizzaro: the only part i have problem with in this story is :her courage to still draw water even when she realized she was in danger.THE BASIC NATURAL SURVIVAL INSTINCT IN MAN IS TO TAKE OFF AT THE SIGHT OF SUCH DANGER.Na so the water dey important reach?i expected her to take off at the speed of light leaving everything behind

There is an ill feeling that comes with sighting a supernatural.. It paralyses your natural instincts man!..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Bluhazel: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Adaobi12: Dnt knw hw 2ru dis is,bt an aunt of mine tld ma male cousins dis. She said,dat yrs bk wen she was a stdnt at uniport. Dat dia is dis kalabari gal,so perfect nd beautiful.havin d ryt curves in d ryt places. Dat d tym,she was d wish,fantasy nd drm of evry guy in uniport,both young nd old. Gals envied her. It got 2 a point,dat relationships r broken cos of her. Dia was dis gal dat was datin d guy dn. Nd dia was particular tin abt dis gal is dat,she hates going near river or any bdy of water. One day,d guy persuaded him 2 follow her 2 d pool. She refusd,bt afta much beggin,she agreed. Afta d swimming nd oda tinz.dy went home, at 9t, d guy woke up in d middle of d 9t,nd saw fish scales al ova d bed,nd d gal is nt dia. He went 2 d toilet nd saw dat d gal 4rm waist down has turnd 2 a fish.he faintd.bt wen he was resusitated,dy saw a note left by,d gal. Tellin d guy,dat he is nw more or less a vegetable.weak nd useless.ntin gud wil eva cum out of him.DATS HW D GUY DESTROYD HIS DESTINY WIT PRE MARITAL SEX.WIT D WRNG WOMAN.dnt knw hw 2ru dis is oh.mayb she said it,so dat d sons wit stay away 4rm pre marital sex.

Please when next you are posting on a forum, please use formal writings and not shorthand as if you are sending a text message to a close person. Thanks and no offense smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jude Ndukwe: An Open Letter To Mbaka / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.