Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34638 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

if you open your mouth once to roar, i would toss hot piece of cocoyam in your mouth. cheesy

Abuser! tongue
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by SisiKill1: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

..hey am not a non advocate of gender equality. but there sure is a difference between both sexes.

as you pointed out above, society as it is today could not have been advanced as it is if it was the woman who had to out and do the work.....with respect to gender, MEN laid the foundation for which gender equality is being debated today since everything seem to be working and women dont need to go to farms, nor hunt....

This isnt just lifestyles in the past dear, those were MEN working and doing stuff women couldnt do to have a better society today...
lets talk about gender equality when we still depended on crude stuff to survive

Who let you loose?!!

dayokanu: Hmmm Ileobatojo

I already see the influence of coogar on you.

Pick the date quickly and send the sample of aso-ebi

coogar:

even the most notorious african witchdoctor can be tamed. grin. it took only 21 days, 19 hours & 13 minutes to tame ileobz. grin

ileobatojo:

Mtschieeew!

Hehehehehehehehehehe!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by eggheaders(m): 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Coogar,

Let me indulge you this once...

You are comparing a woman whose fiancée is a potential abuser to a man whose wife slapped him once

My post you dug out is actually a very wrong example to use as it is very self explanatory

Until you can dig up a post where I told a female poster to divorce or leave her home because her husband slapped her once, don't quote me again or describe my posts as hypocritic or with double standards.

Also ensure to include the posters I quoted and the OP

Thanks

Please madam are you bukola small( the Yoruba meaning). That attend lasu staff school??
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Who let you loose?!!

grin

I don't even know why I am spending my precious time here indulging him. E be like say I go go sleep jus now.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by jumzzy448: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
Op, u really tried for you to have controlled your anger. But please warn your wife very well never to try that with you again. Or else a day will come when she'll slap you in presence of a visitor or your family member. And if she ever tries it with you again, I beg just give her one slap. The type that she'll never forget in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

It's pretty self explanatory to me.

Lol!

Your signature comes to mind when I read a lot of posts on NL

Seun needs to build translators into NL perhaps they will understand better in their local dialect or parables
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
jumzzy448: Op, u really tried for you to have controlled your anger. But please warn your wife very well never to try that with you again. Or else a day will come when she'll slap you in presence of a visitor or your family member. And if she ever tries it with you again, I beg just give her one slap. The type that she'll never forget in a hurry.

i can't believe you are egging on a man to slap his wife. he should report to her parents & let them deal with their daughter.

ileobatojo:
Abuser! tongue

taming a witchdoctor is a tedious task.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
this jumzy keeps it real... i like her style....she says it as it is
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Yes I'm single
No I don't have fantasies (well except to win the billion dollar jackpot smiley )

As against your very 'wise' perception that I might be on the way to marital frustrations,I can tell you whole heartedly that you're wrong.I can ask many women you have raised responsible kids and the answer would still be that I can do it.
I don't need to go far to ask
I've my mom here as a perfect example.
Career mom.
Great kids
Happy home.
I could begin to count the number of women who I know have done it and I won't be done by tomorrow.
I have no fear for the future. Worry about yourself and your wife smiley
I'll be fine. Thanks.
i try not to see some of your perspectives cause i grudginly share them.see it as a complement if you wish.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by castielo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
I'll give her the Darken Rahl gesture and smile gently.. m sure i wont even need to tell her wat follows next.. months of ignoring! how dare!!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Come here
*hugs him*
*apologizes for past harsh words*

Hope that takes care of the grudge smiley smiley
troy20:
i try not to see some of your perspectives cause i grudginly share them.see it as a complement if you wish.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nbright: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I love it!

Nigerian men confuse fear for respect.
If a woman must depend on them in order to show respect then it's not respect but fear!!!!
Truely Nigeria has a long way to go.... You are also generalising... "Nigerian men"...
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
She wears the trousers and is the breadwinner.

Is your 'wife' can slap you, am sorry but it is the sign of the end.

She does not see you as her husband - like it or not.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
troy20:
put a cap on that tongue lady give the dude a break.....Oh what the heck o.p just knife the b!tch already.
HEy! Calm Down Man!! I don't get where u re coming from... What exactly ws it in my post dt made u respond lyk that? Put a cap on dt Tongue? Give d dude a break??

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

Lol!

Your signature comes to mind when I read a lot of posts on NL

Precisely why it's my signature! grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
nbright: Truely Nigeria has a long way to go.... You are also generalising... "Nigerian men"...

I didn't say all but NL is a proof that MANY do!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by isalegan2: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! shocked grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

Please madam are you bukola small( the Yoruba meaning). That attend lasu staff school??

No doubt na lasu u attend grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Adikam:
you did nt preach you did nt condem den wat is ur opinion?& you 4got to add 'SMH & SHAMELESS' on wat u said b4.my sister your foolishness made me to pity ur man

So you read all my comments on this topic and you didn't see where I condemned hitting women?

And you're calling me foolish?

Caveman!
Mtchew
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nashville:

Bros, I appreciate you are trying to be a real strong man. But marriage is not competition. You do not compete with your wife. You both try and strive to be the best you can be. If she ends up making more money than you do, it does not make you less of a man. It does not mean you are a failure. It just means both of you have become successful and you should both celebrate. Now if because she is richer than you she begins to disrespect you, then she is a bad woman and not you! Then she got a problem and not you.

I do not believe in suppressing my wife to make me feel like the head. I personally have invested heavily in my wife's career and if tomorrow she hits a billion dollars, I believe we will all be better for it. I do not encourage men to become gold-diggers but please remember you are not in competition with your wife.
Hi Mr Nashville, you are very correct! In fact, u are saying how its supposed to be: the ideal situation and not what is obtainable today in Nigeria. If u want to doubt me, try dating a girl who is richer than u and observe the difference. So many of my friends have tried it and swore never to date talkless of marrying a lady richer than them. Women by default have plenty drama then to talk of when they now have money more than u their man, believe me, u won't love the scenario...forget what people do type here which are most times fantasies and what they feel should be done and not what is being practised.

There are only very few women that can be humble, submissive and respectful to their boyfriend or husband when they are richer than him or when they are the breadwinner of the family. It takes the special grace of God for a richer woman to be submissive to her not-rich man.

If u want to be loved and cherished by women, pray to be on top of your finance, else, u are placing your respect under probability and fate!

Maybe in future, there may be better change, but for now, I pray daily to be on top of my game financially and God will keep me soaring higher to avoid any disrespect from anyone.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

taming a witchdoctor is a tedious task.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
pickabeau1: this jumzy keeps it real... i like her style....she says it as it is

As far as i'm concerned,the dude isn't a man. there is some kind of aura that you exude nobody can dare contemplate to do that to you...talkless of your wife. He's probably skinny and frail looking grin grin grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
Jay5000:

So they think, until you stop eating their food and start eating out. Then they'll know who's d boss.
lol dunno d kind of feminish females u know, Buh where I cm frm dudes don't try dt stunt Cos dey re gonna keep eating out till they advice themselves otherwise
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
troy20:
dude your've made use of "my future wife" enough here to earn yourself a few Awwwws! I give you a dozen of them unbehalf of the blind single girls here who obviously can't spot a good man.
Troy!!! We are here to learn and interact man, not to find love cos.....

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
Don't blame him
Blame the razz wife
Donxavier:

As far as i'm concerned,the dude isn't a man. there is some kind of aura that you exude nobody can dare contemplate to do that to you...talkless of your wife. He's probably skinny and frail looking grin grin grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Donxavier:

hahaha.. i think shes the big kahuna financially....
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Hi Mr Nashville, you are very correct! In fact, u are saying how its supposed to be: the ideal situation and not what is obtainable today in Nigeria. If u want to doubt me, try dating a girl who is richer than u and observe the difference. So many of my friends have tried it and swore never to date talkless of marrying a lady richer than them. Women by default have plenty drama then to talk of when they now have money more than u their man, believe me, u won't love the scenario...forget what people do type here which are most times fantasies and what they feel should be done and not what is being practised.

There are only very few women that can be humble, submissive and respectful to their boyfriend or husband when they are richer than him or when they are the breadwinner of the family. It takes the special grace of God for a richer woman to be submissive to her not-rich man.

If u want to be loved and cherished by women, pray to be on top of your finance, else, u are placing your respect under probability and fate!

Maybe in future, there may be better change, but for now, I pray daily to be on top of my game financially and God will keep me soaring higher to avoid any disrespect from anyone.
Any Lady who respects u because u re 'ontop of ur financial game' does nt truly respect u

A lady respects u when u respect her n not try to lord it over her to show u re d man.
A lady pretends to respect u when u hv no respect for her being n her opinion n hammers it repeatedly into her head dt u re d man n wat u say shld always b done, because u re financially capable to provide for her needs n she depends on u though nt completely bt she wldnt want to loose wat she is getting frm u(a lady can pretend all her life slipping up jst once or twice)
But a lady who has no need for u financially can never pretend to respect u, actually no human being who does nt need anoda person in one way or anoda can still pretend to respect d person. N this is d problem with guys, MONEY DOES NOT N CAN NEVER. BUY TRUE RESPECT, It does intimidate pple into respecting u. I'm still gonna outwardly show respect though inwardly resent my Boss who is a di.ck n think his workers are his to treat anyhow, n d first better opportunity I get, I'm gonna jump ship or wen smhw I do bcome his Boss he is gonna find out jst hw much I've been tolerating him
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by NobleG1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
No one has any right whatsoever to slap anyone. But if you get slapped by your partner, don't retaliate and just back out. Show your partner that what he/she did to you was wrong and unacceptable, by avoiding and not speaking to him/her until you receive a honest apology. There are many ways to get an apology.

There was a time (more than 3 yrs ago) We had a heated argument and she slapped me after I made a stupid comment (just to piss her off), but I didn't expect a slap in exchange. I was shocked because I never hit my wife and she has never hit me before.

What I did was to leave the house immediately and went to a nearby Joint to cool off. I came back home late (12 am which I don't normally do) and slept in the sitting room. The next day, I deliberated missed the breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife couldn't handle it anymore, so she knelt down and cried. She begged, apologized and vowed it won't happen again. That's it!

So OP, you can do what I did and if your wife loves you, she will definitely apologize. It doesn't matter if you're the bread winner or not. As long you two respect and love each other, she will apologize.

But if you're a fu*kin woman beater or you treat your wife like shit, blame yourself for the slap.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
One unarguable reason?? Ok let me see. How about a few?

1) Men have higher IQ's than women. Fact.
2) Men have larger brains than women, even after controlling for body size. Fact.
3) Men are more aggressive than women. Fact
4) Men are physically stronger than women. Fact

Just to name a few.

lorretta u: if I ask you to give me one unarguable reason why women are inferior to men,you're going to come up with certified nonsense. So I won't bother.let me focus my words on people like dailynews who at least has a percieved reason for what he's saying.in your opinion,a real woman is the one who's only interested in an accomplished man who can pay her bills?
cheesy somebody(anybody) help this dude pls

Like I said I'm done with you,I didn't expect you to quote me again.if you do again,I'm gon ignore you. Thank you

@Dailynews,I hope you understand that money doesnt equate to success.
If so we'd be callling yahoo boys , drug dealers and high way robbers successful men.
Success has more to do with satisfaction and covered milestones than how much you've made.
So saying that a con man who has amassed billions by fraud is more successful than a Ph.d holder who's married to a medical doctor (and both of them share the family expenses) is wrong. Success isn't solely identified by money.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Chomzy19: HEy! Calm Down Man!! I don't get where u re coming from... What exactly ws it in my post dt made u respond lyk that? Put a cap on dt Tongue? Give d dude a break??
just didnt seem good to dismiss the youngstar like that if he was realy one.its not much of a big deal.i just added fun to it.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I didn't say all but NL is a proof that MANY do!
Carefree, believe me, the only place in life I feel Nigeria beat the western world is in marriage. We are happier than the western people when it comes to marriage even though over-adoption of western culture and beliefs are gradually ruining the used-to-be sweet Nigerian marriage.

An Aussie friend was complaining to me how his government has ruined their country by over-empowering women. He said that he and his wife had issue related to the wife making use of their joint fund without his permission, and guess what she used it for? She loaned it to her ex...a married woman.

So they began to have issues in their 25yr-old marriage with 2 adult children. Along the line, they decided to separate for a while but still co-habiting under same roof, a duplex until things are fixed.

He said their agreement included no sex even though they lived in same house, and that none of them would have sex outside or keep a sex partner. But that his wife started keeping one and eventually he caught her and confronted her thrice but she denied and even slapped him twice and he endured.

On another day, he caught her again and confronted her and she tried to abuse him again and he lost his temper and slapped her back in defence. Guess what

He said his wife (though in temporal separation) called the Police on him and he got locked up for the first time in his life.

Along the line, the authority told him to park out of the house, leaving it for his wife. A house he built single-handedly with his money while working as a fashion.....can u see how happy western people are in their marriages

UK, Australian, etc men are dying in silence and reason most don't marry or prefer dating. And divorce is on the increase in most western countries too.

So let's stop looking at them in everything pls. We are happier than the west when it comes to family setting and marriage, take it or leave it. Our major problem in Nigeria is poverty, corruption and mass unemployment plus religious extremism and not marriage cos ours is working perfectly except those copying the western marriage.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Troy!!! We are here to learn and interact man, not to find love cos.....
my bro your head is there

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Mother Wants To Remarry / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. / About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of Risk Of Travelling In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.