Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (35091 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lucasbalo(m): 6:01am On Nov 14, 2013
You pay all that dowry to get slapped. Better go back and get your money back.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 6:13am On Nov 14, 2013
jumzzy448:

Lolllllll......i'm sure most of the people advising the op to report her to her parents will never take that shit from their wives. it's so amazing how everyone comes to nairaland to either claim saint or iron lady or mr no nonsense. I just dey watch.

nice one.. everyone is a lion or a lamb here....no inbetween
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 6:19am On Nov 14, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

That Men have higher IQ's than women has been known for a very long time. What is in dispute is what the IQ tests are measuring in general. In general differences are around 0.2-0.5 standard deviations in favor of Men. Also very large differences are found in favor of Men on tests that guage mathematical and abstract reasoning abilities.

First, Mens brains are larger than womens brains, even after accounting for the difference in body size. Then, as for your claims of women's brains being "more compact and complicated in setup", here is another interesting fact for you: Male brains contain on average 34% more synapses per cubic millimeter when compared to female brains. So much for your "more compact and complicated" claim.

Aggression is not equivalent to violence!!

Thus you agree that Men are physically stronger?

Dude your arguments are crappy...lets not be sexist here
Use sound logic

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lightening: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: Yes I'm single
No I don't have fantasies (well except to win the billion dollar jackpot smiley )

As against your very 'wise' perception that I might be on the way to marital frustrations,I can tell you whole heartedly that you're wrong.I can ask many women who have raised responsible kids and the answer would still be that I can do it.
I don't need to go far to ask
I've my mom here as a perfect example.
Career mom.
Great kids
Happy home.
I could begin to count the number of women who I know have done it and I won't be done by tomorrow.
I have no fear for the future. Worry about yourself and your wife smiley
I'll be fine. Thanks.

You keep echoing my mother, my mother. Do you have a father? The signs of a little girl raised by a single mother or a divorcee is apparent. Pls go and ask her questions about life and stop contributing to issues you know nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by kolidave: 7:13am On Nov 14, 2013
Lightening:

You keep echoing my mother, my mother. Do you have a father? The signs of a little girl raised by a single mother or a divorcee is apparent. Pls go and ask her questions about life and stop contributing to issues you know nothing about.
ouch!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Lightening:

dont worry kanwulia will soon come and say naija fadas are pedos...
Our NL ladies respect their fathers but hate other men ... grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by LilMarshal1(m): 7:53am On Nov 14, 2013
I don't know If you all are joking or whatever or maybe ya'll are just trolling us buh how dare she slap you. She slapped you because she knew you were weak and you wouldn't do shit. Shit like that always happen again. Even if you think it'll not happen again, trust me it will. Just make it clear how much you hate what she did. If possible, don't eat what she cooks for a while and pls dude, try and assert you dominance.
Sometimes, all women want are men who leads and not men who she slaps and beat regularly.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Templa(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Bros, if my wife slaps me, I wil beat her, her parents will come and ask what happened, then I wil take her to the hospital..that way, she wil be scared to try such rubbish in her life again..then both of u will makeup and pray for the holy spirit to come into ur home..

Another alternative for u though(not for me ) is if she slaps u, call her dad or mum and report...buh the question is what if she does it again?how many times will u report her? Huh.. Wil u runaway from ur home cos of an abusive woman? My friend this is not America...

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by jumzzy448: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Lightening:

Eweeeeee....this is too much na grin

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by unmask: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2013
what did the bible say?....turn the other cheek.....then divorce her that's if you are not a catholic....but if you are catholic, you are stuck for life........

*whispering* you could temporarily go to chris okotie's church, get a divorce then go back to being catholic......

You could also get an olosho for effect....but only tow this path if you are sure you are winning the bread
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by charliebiz(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2013
Eyop\;SO because she's the one in charge of the kitchen,she must slap you? That's not an excuse except you don't have a say in that house meaning may be she's the one that married you and not the reverse. No matter how big or giant a woman is,she has no rite to slap the husband except she's the one feeding you and also taking full responsibility of the house.

emphsis on bolded really? as long as she is the breadwinner she can slap? Na waoh u oo.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2013
OP, you had options:
1. Headbutt
2. Backhand
3. Karate chop
4. Tiger claw
5. Drop kick
6. Suplex.
Dude, face it, she sees you as beneath her hence, the bitcch slap. Your wife bitcch slapped you when you wanted to dish food in your house? Damn!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

Please madam are you bukola small( the Yoruba meaning). That attend lasu staff school??

Why did you ask?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2013
Lightening:

Very poor face saver. Coogar rose up to your challenge and has succesdfully boxed you up. It pays to be consistent in life dealings. Pls go to bed.

I wanted to ignore but decided to be kind enough to give a friendly advice...

Read Ileobatojo's signature properly,

It will do you good.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bellong: 9:57am On Nov 14, 2013
If my wife slaps me, what will I do?

I can't give an emphatic answer to what I may or will do if that happens because my actions are unpredictable but well thought out so as not to regret it. However, These are some of the actions I may take to prevent future occurrence.

1. Walk away from the scene and will take a stroll for about 2-3 hours till when the atmosphere is calm. Come back, sit her down and read her riot act never to repeat it again or face the sweet music that will follow.

2. Leave the house immediately for two days. She wouldn't trace where I leave for and nobody will know where I am. When I return, I know she will start the apology process.

3. Go to the sitting room, change channels to a comedy station to watch hilarious comedy till I am ready to sleep without saying a word.

These are few of what I am likely to do in such situation. Will never utter a word at that point.

Meanwhile, my wife can never slap me because I didn't marry a child who doesn't know to manage her anger issues...
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dinachi(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2013
And here some men fail me again!
What? Any woman who raised hand to slap her husband does not qualify for a wife again but a bully and the man muster every force available to teach the she bully a lesson of her life, period! That woman is supposed to be in the Hospital as you write this. You have failed the men!
Violence against men and women should be discouraged no special preferences both sexes are equal!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2013
Chomzy19: I hope u know d type in d bible Abhors Adultery in its totality... Men usually forget dt part wen dey preach of D kind of marrg in d bible, they usually remember jst d part where d woman is supposd to b humble n submissive

I wasn't talking of maltreatment, I'm talking of respect, u can give ur wife all d good things dt money can buy n still nt respect her person. Many Nigerian do not feel women need to b respected as they do,Many do not even know what it means to respect a woman or hw they even go abt disrespecting their spouse they feel once d money is coming in its all good. If u practice d kind of Bible marrg u re advocating, do u see her household contributions as sth? Keeping d house n kids neat n tidy, prparing d meal do u see them as equal contributions lyk d one u re bringing to d table, or do u disregard it n luk down on it as no contribution or an inferior form of contribution, re u among those guys dt wil say her wrk is jst to sit at home n demand for dis n dat, she won't get off her lazy ass n contribute sth? D kind dt will go out to work find fresher more exciting working class ladies n decide to hv a taste, a change frm d routine boring housewife.

The first law on earth is d law of survival, everyone wants to cater for herself/himself n survive n even prosper, n as a mother after urself, d next individuals on ur mind are ur kids... How would u feel if u were asked to submit to smone, U just do watever d person says even wen they are in conflict wit ur personal convictions, wld u? But a woman will submit to her man but dt is if n only if d man has Shown irrevocable commitment to Doing wat is in her best interest, or d best interest of d family, her n her kids; When a man totally loves, cherishes, n respects his wife, n treats her like d person dt matters, She wil effortlessly n unknowingly enter into submission mode sef, she will cherish being submissive afterall watever u re doing u re doing for her n d kids, but wen she still feels lyk she's gat to survive on her own then d submission cannot apply, it is against human nature to submit to smone who doesn't totally hv ur best interest at hrt.

Whatever is happening now is nt d work of d western world, it is d work of Ancient men not all of them a few still treated their wives with love as was admonished by d bible, but most did "Maltreat" their Wives, yes maltreat, that was Y d struggle started, Since economic power ws d reason Y d women wld be beat up at home, concubines brought in n she'll b asked to just b humble n obey... Since lack of financial power ws d reason she won't b recognisd, n be treated anyhow, she decided to level d playing field, she hd to go out n make dt money n wen she mks it u fink she'll come back n still be submissive to u??

Men abused d Role n Power God gave them for centuries nay milleniums; dis is nt d work of westerners after all westerners brought dis christianity to us n they once fervently practiced d bible kind of marrg, D problem is dt Most Men love to take dt part of God's word dt said "wives be submissive to ur husbands" they always forget d part that says "Husband love n cherish ur wives" they go hand in hand one cannot work without d other
You made a lot of sense @Chomzy. But then, only a crazy and nasty man would decide not to treat his wife amazingly with all due respect just because he's the breadwinner, which happens to be his natural duty.

And of course, real men, I mean men with wisdom and sense do value a woman's respect, submission, home-keeping skills, etc so much more than her money or career success.

But present day women don't know how much men respect and treasure their respect, that good cooking, good home keeping and etc skills they possess.

Its unfortunate that women believed that men who maltreated their wives did so because they (men) were the breadwinners. What about men whose wives were top earners and they still maltreated and divorced them?

If men were maltreating women cos they earned higher than women, believe me, all top earning/rich single ladies out there would have all been married and being treated like queens, but that's the opposite nowadays.

Or why do u think celebrity vs celebrity marriages hardly hold water? Its cos of lack of respect. Respect and submission is always the issue...and it mostly comes up when the woman is earning higher than the man...that's when lack of respect becomes more visible in a relationship or marriage.

And I don't blame women cos its natural for a woman to expect more from her man and if he fails in that, it often lead to disrespect.

Men value a woman's submission and respect more than her billions, and even when they pretend not to value it, don't mind them o, they do...they even brag about their wives humility and amazing skills outside but sometimes they pretend, to avoid their wives using it against themgrin

If u doubt me, when u marry, abandon ur hubby with the kids and travel to see your mum or family for like a week. Before u return back, he will slim down or even become thin overnight and will never let u rest with phone calls because he can't do without u...no matter how much money he has, but women don't know that little secretsmiley

Lastly, no sane man plans ahead to cheat his wife...but most times the temptation comes along the line, and most men fall due to man's natural weakness towards women when it comes to sex issues...except he has absolute fear of God or he has a close relationship with God. A woman can't stop her husband from cheating, only God can.

And pls a woman being submissive to her husband doesn't mean she is less than him, nope...but it rather makes him to love and respect her more.

Its just that majority of Nigerian women see taking care of the home financially as the natural duty of a man, which they had been practising while dating (every Nigerian girls expects her boyfriend to spend more on her and bring more finance to the affair than she brings...so they don't easily change that mindset when they marry), and when a man fails to do so and the woman does it, she feels uncomfortable and would unknowingly start seeing the man as a failure, hence the lack of respect.

Lastly @Chomzy, have u wondered y Oprah Winfrey, Serena Williams, Whitney Houston (before she died), etc women never got married Its becos men (white, black, indies) know that the more money a woman acquires, the more disrespectful and arrogant she is towards men, hence men intentionally don't like marrying very rich and highly career-driven ladies to avoid having issues in their marriage.

@Nashville, thanks for your comment...very nice...but I would love to be a president if my wife is gonna be a senator...not for competition sake, but for sanity and respect becos most black women measure a man by the size of his wallet, its a bitter truth they won't admit online but practice in real life.

Until I see tremendous change- where rich Nigerian women date and marry poor guys or guys earning peanuts and take care of them and love them happily without acting bossy and disrespectful, I won't pray for my wife to be richer than me, that's the truth.

But u really said how it ought to be on a good daysmiley

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2013
such happenings are inconcievable.its not just cause of the "my pot" theory, alot certainly built it up to that level.no man who has any sense of selfworth would EVER! let whatever it is build up to that level of abuse.just like saying that union should never have been.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 10:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Chomzy19: lol... Wonderd if I had said sth
So over to u Male champ grin what would u hv done if u were d man?
you were picking the young guy on the immaturity of his comment but its strange that maturity too isnt requested of a wife.or what do you measure maturity with? Well dont ever try your luck slaping a man.most comments here about playing it calm arnt real.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by chukzie2002: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2013
My dear,my humble advice is,if she is a devoted christian whom you love so much, the bible says: "love endures all things" including a slap on your face without any reason. She laid claim of the kitchen because, She is the one that suppose to be the one in charge. Take it as a lovely pat on your face. Live above it and move on with life,learn to settle any little misunderstanding as soon as possible. Take care.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2013
chukzie2002: My dear,my humble advice is,if she is a devoted christian whom you love so much, the bible says: "love endures all things" including a slap on your face without any reason. She laid claim of the kitchen because, She is the one that suppose to be the one in charge. Take it as a lovely pat on your face. Live above it and move on with life,learn to settle any little misunderstanding as soon as possible. Take care.

Not sure how she can be a devoted Christian if she slaps her husband without any apologies.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2013
pickabeau1:

Dude your arguments are crappy...lets not be sexist here
Use sound logic

Which arguments were you referring to? All those that I wrote are facts, not arguments. Why not do a little research for once, it pays.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2013
When people have no points to raise,they resort to insults. See me thinking I was having a good debate with someone using his reasoning faculties. So saying my mother did this or that is wrong on this topic?
When we are talking about women and career and raising kids,who exactly am I supposed to be calling?
My father? Lmao.
We are a happy family meaning complete father,mother children family. No divorce,no single parenthood.
Why is that hard for you to accept?
So in your judgment,no woman can have a home well built and still give her career a great shot?
I won't resort to insults. I refuse to roll in the mud with you.
If you can't accept that a woman can excel,
You've the freedom to raise your daughters to be baby making machines and kitchen/domestic appendages. You have the freedom to raise them to be good at nothing more than home-keeping. It's your call how to raise your kids
I've been raised the way my parents see fit.a well rounded woman. I intend to pass on same to my daughters.
Why does it hurt you?
Lightening:

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by MCKULQ(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Ich_el:
Datz a real nigga speaking. Same here bro, i bliv in da law too

Women are like kids, you do not spire the rod and spoil the child.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Eneze1(f): 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: When people have no points to raise,they resort to insults. See me thinking I was having a good debate with someone using his reasoning faculties. So saying my mother did this or that is wrong on this topic?
When we are talking about women and career and raising kids,who exactly am I supposed to be calling?
My father? Lmao.
We are a happy family meaning complete father,mother children family. No divorce,no single parenthood.
Why is that hard for you to accept?
So in your judgment,no woman can have a home well built and still give her a career a great shot?
I won't resort to insults. I refuse to roll in the mud with you.
If you can't accept that a woman can excel,
You've the freedom to raise your daughters to be baby making machines and kitchen/domestic appendages. You have the freedom to raise them to be good at nothing more than home-keeping. It's your call how to raise your kids
I've been raised the way my parents see fit.a well rounded woman. I intend to pass on same to my daughters.
Why does it hurt you?

To buttress your point Lorreta, my mum is a career woman till now, and she respects my Dad to the core. it is therefore possible for a woman to be successful at home, in her career and also respects her husband. my Dad even attests to it that she is the most submissive woman he has ever seen

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Oya correct yourself smiley now now
MCKULQ:

Women are like kids, you do not spire the rod and spoil the child.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Thank you smiley
Eneze1:

To buttress your point Lorreta, my mum is a career woman till now, and she respects my Dad to the core. it is therefore possible for a woman to be successful at home, in her career and also respects her husband. my Dad even attests to it that she is the most submissive woman he has ever seen
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

Which arguments were you referring to? All those that I wrote are facts, not arguments. Why not do a little research for once, it pays.

Making unscientific statements like men are more intelligent than women is not fact dude

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
pickabeau1:

Making unscientific statements like men are more intelligent than women is not fact dude

I feel as if it may be impossible to stop this run-around that seems to be forming here. Out of curiosity, what do you understand by "scientific" and more specifically, what do you mean by "unscientific".

The quotes that I made were not from wishful thinking on my part but from documented research. For example, it is not unscientific to say that Men are more capable than women in Mathematical and abstract reasoning. It is not unscientific because this **fact** has been known for a very long time. In fact, differences in this particular mental ability are typically as large as 1 standard deviation.

There are many other examples of such phenomenon, and here I don't see the point in arguing further with you if you are not even aware of any of the studies, or possibly even that such studies exist.

At least do some research on the topic if you are interested enough in the subject, then arguing further about this would then be of value.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by tchigofigo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
i can only offer an advice if right now, u r stil standing there, wondering what to do and she's still in front of u, waiting for u to 'finish wondering'..,then i'l tell u wat 2 do..,d persn wit ur remotes has to 'play' u guys 1st..
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dude,,,, you are actuallyu serious and have started believing your own crap

Your posts

That Men have higher IQ's than women has been known for a very long time. What is in dispute is what the IQ tests are measuring in general. In general differences are around 0.2-0.5 standard deviations in favor of Men. Also very large differences are found in favor of Men on tests that guage mathematical and abstract reasoning abilities.

So mathemathical and abstract reasoning is the be all and end all of intelligence.. at best say Men have a better aptitude in analytical fields than women not a catch all like intelligence .. not very intelligent

Bros i no get this kain time... beleieve your crap and enjoy it
Same thing that was said by the whites to justify their subjugation of blacks
If you find a woman who can live with your sexist ahze, good luck to her.. (you prolly will.. )

nna_bu_ike:

I feel as if it may be impossible to stop this run-around that seems to be forming here. Out of curiosity, what do you understand by "scientific" and more specifically, what do you mean by "unscientific".

The quotes that I made were not from wishful thinking on my part but from documented research. For example, it is not unscientific to say that Men are more capable than women in Mathematical and abstract reasoning. It is not unscientific because this **fact** has been known for a very long time. In fact, differences in this particular mental ability are typically as large as 1 standard deviation.

There are many other examples of such phenomenon, and here I don't see the point in arguing further with you if you are not even aware of any of the studies, or possibly even that such studies exist.

At least do some research on the topic if you are interested enough in the subject, then arguing further about this would then be of value.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by NeroPapas(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Weyrey leleyi ooo! Sorry my brother, you wife slapped you and you're here to ask peoples opinion on what to do? You never butcher in pieces and put inside the pot?? Kai another wars lost!

Am not in support of a man beating a woman...matter of fact there are a million and one things a woman will do to you that'll will make you wanna hit her but still never hit a woman! But if a woman thought it wise to slap or hit you first then go ahead and make her regret by beating her like a thief....that's all!

So Oga, instead of food, na slap you chop ooo!! Lmao! Now wey she don slap you, how you wan make she respect you again...? You go fit still ask her for sex?? Looser!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Afribaby Mother And Baby Expo 2015 In Gbagada Lagos (Photos) / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.