Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34639 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
To be fair though, there are a few characteristics where women are superior to Men. Here is 1:

1) Women have thicker skulls than men. Women(7.6 mm skull thickness), Men(6.5mm skull thickness).

lorretta u: if I ask you to give me one unarguable reason why women are inferior to men,you're going to come up with certified nonsense. So I won't bother.let me focus my words on people like dailynews who at least has a percieved reason for what he's saying.in your opinion,a real woman is the one who's only interested in an accomplished man who can pay her bills?
cheesy somebody(anybody) help this dude pls

Like I said I'm done with you,I didn't expect you to quote me again.if you do again,I'm gon ignore you. Thank you

@Dailynews,I hope you understand that money doesnt equate to success.
If so we'd be callling yahoo boys , drug dealers and high way robbers successful men.
Success has more to do with satisfaction and covered milestones than how much you've made.
So saying that a con man who has amassed billions by fraud is more successful than a Ph.d holder who's married to a medical doctor (and both of them share the family expenses) is wrong. Success isn't solely identified by money.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
In which world are you an Irishman?

KoloOyinbo: OK. As an Irishman I could not retaliate and slap back. A real man would not do that.

If this is a regular thing then leave her! She is abusive!

If it is a first or an isolated incident then stay calm and walk away. You can quietly let your displeasure and unhappiness be felt.

I did this with a gf once who slapped me. I didn't mind the slap but she 'yabbed' on a lot afterwards. I said very little. Was respectful and left her home but said little about calling her or when we would meet again. I heard nothing for two day then she started calling. I answered the third call and was very distant and reserved not mentioning meeting again or anything. Soon she was crying and apologising and beggining. She knew she had gone too far!

So ko si wahalla!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Come here
*hugs him*
*apologizes for past harsh words*

Hope that takes care of the grudge smiley smiley
i was actually doing poorly at it.*hugs back*
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Ditala(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Women are complicated organisms,whose bheviours are difficult, if not VERY impossible 2 predicts.As 4me, wallahi i will giv her a dirty slap on her dirty face.Full Stop!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error log5
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Goodnight y'all.
Wish y'all sweet dreams kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error Log4
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Carefree, believe me, the only place in life I feel Nigeria beat the western world is in marriage. We are happier than the western people when it comes to marriage even though over-adoption of western culture and beliefs are gradually ruining the used-to-be sweet Nigerian marriage.

An Aussie friend was complaining to me how his government has ruined their country by over-empowering women. He said that he and his wife had issue related to the wife making use of their joint fund without his permission, and guess what she used it for? She loaned it to her ex...a married woman.

So they began to have issues in their 25yr-old marriage with 2 adult children. Along the line, they decided to separate for a while but still co-habiting under same roof, a duplex until things are fixed.

He said their agreement included no sex even though they lived in same house, and that none of them would have sex outside or keep a sex partner. But that his wife started keeping one and eventually he caught her and confronted her thrice but she denied and even slapped him twice and he endured.

On another day, he caught her again and confronted her and she tried to abuse him again and he lost his temper and slapped her back in defence. Guess what

He said his wife (though in temporal separation) called the Police on him and he got locked up for the first time in his life.

Along the line, the authority told him to park out of the house, leaving it for his wife. A house he built single-handedly with his money while working as a fashion.....can u see how happy western people are in their marriages

UK, Australian, etc men are dying in silence and reason most don't marry or prefer dating. And divorce is on the increase in most western countries too.

So let's stop looking at them in everything pls. We are happier than the west when it comes to family setting and marriage, take it or leave it. Our major problem in Nigeria is poverty, corruption and mass unemployment plus religious extremism and not marriage cos ours is working perfectly except those copying the western marriage.

Are you telling me that Nigerian marriages are happier than in ALL of the following countires: USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Denmark, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium etc?

Do you really believe that the lower divorce rates in developing countries are a proof that marriages are happier there? Or do you think Nigerian marriages are happier because one Aussie friend told you a terrible, yet personal, story?

So this your friend's wife had an extra-marital affair, huh? What about all those women in Nigeria who have to put up with second wives?
What about all those wives who are told to turn a blind eye because "men are polygamous by nature" and pretend to be happy till they go insane or infected with STDs? What about all those wives who stayed at home to raise 4, 5, 6, 7 and more children, that are by any slight offence told that they will be sent out of their husband's house? What about all those women who have nowhere to go in case of physical abuse because the husband is in control of money and they depend on him?

Don't you even go there telling me Nigerian marriages are so happy. People don't divorce in Nigeria because they can't due to financial reasons and the stigma that society puts on them.

And please stop telling the people how unlucky and unhappy People, especially men, in the West are because they ARE NOT!

BTW I'm not looking at them in everything but fact is that they ARE doing better in EVERYTHING. And for your information, the mentality that we cultivate in our families, is the root of the problems you mentioned: poverty, corruption, unemployment and more!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Goodnight y'all.
Wish y'all sweet dreams kiss kiss kiss

Good night, sweet dreams.

Thank you for your contributions. Enjoyed reading them PLENTY.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Chomzy19: Any Lady who respects u because u re 'ontop of ur financial game' does nt truly respect u

A lady respects u when u respect her n not try to lord it over her to show u re d man.
A lady pretends to respect u when u hv no respect for her being n her opinion n hammers it repeatedly into her head dt u re d man n wat u say shld always b done, because u re financially capable to provide for her needs n she depends on u though nt completely bt she wldnt want to loose wat she is getting frm u(a lady can pretend all her life slipping up jst once or twice)
But a lady who has no need for u financially can never pretend to respect u, actually no human being who does nt need anoda person in one way or anoda can still pretend to respect d person. N this is d problem with guys, MONEY DOES NOT N CAN NEVER. BUY TRUE RESPECT, It does intimidate pple into respecting u. I'm still gonna outwardly show respect though inwardly resent my Boss who is a di.ck n think his workers are his to treat anyhow, n d first better opportunity I get, I'm gonna jump ship or wen smhw I do bcome his Boss he is gonna find out jst hw much I've been tolerating him
Cute points but still my dear, women, or will I say black women can hardly respect a man they are feeding or more financially buoyant than, its a fact that we witness everyday. Let's not come here to sugar words...we all know the truth. Men are polygamous in nature, yes! Yes! Even though not all men, but majority are!

Men find it difficult to remain faithful to one partner once they are sexually active, yes, yes! Even though not all men, but majority are like that.

Same way, women generally don't date down (meaning women don't fancy dating or marrying a guy they are richer than except they are left with no other option)...and when they marry a man they are fending for financially, it becomes an issue, it won't take long they lose respect for him or minimize their respect for him, and reason majority of men don't like dating or marrying a lady richer than them.

And that's y in Nigeria especially, the more money, fame and wealth a single lady acquires, the more difficult it will be for her to find a deserving husband except she proves beyond every doubt that she's gonna be submissive, else no same man in his right senses would marry such a lady cos men crave for respect so much.

@Lorreta, lol, honestly in today world, what matters is the person with the papers, no matter how it came. Or are u not aware that most of the people ruling/leading u and I in Nigeria are con men? Retired thieves and constars Most industrialists and company owners u respect today are retired con men, fraudstars, and people who stole public funds, and today u and I are respecting them.

Who cares about PhD in Nigeria? If u are a medic or a doc and u can't foot your bills, believe me, children and teenagers will beat u when a yahoo boy gives them 50k to beat u upgrin

For now, money rules Nigerian society, sadly, and we all respect and worship it directly or indirectly, and until we stop that, believe me Nigeria is heading nowhere...and I don't see the trend going down.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error log2
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error log1
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
troy20:
just didnt seem good to dismiss the youngstar like that if he was realy one.its not much of a big deal.i just added fun to it.
lol... Wonderd if I had said sth
So over to u Male champ grin what would u hv done if u were d man?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nbright: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Viewing this topic: carefreewannabe(f),
lorretta u(f), sunvick(m), Chomzy19(f),
Jakeattah(m), carlinks, nbright, kulboy(m),
tyboy, Nashville, fresh_dude(m),
sultanemerald(m), sarutobie(m), aztec007,
oscar pad(m), De-ijay(f), donwilz(m),
Fabulous Bibbie(f), chika.chike86 and 19
guest(s)
loretta go sleep grin... Good night
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by armyofone(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP, what kind of slap was it, the ones that make you see star or loving types.
Hitting is a way of communication in nigeria mama and pickin, husband and wifey, condo and commuter s etc
She learnt from you huh? Anyway joke aside you have to deal with the issue now because it is clear she is the violent type of woman.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Cute points but still my dear, women, or will I say black women can hardly respect a man they are feeding or more financially buoyant than, its a fact that we witness everyday. Let's not come here to sugar words...we all know the truth. Men are polygamous in nature, yes! Yes! Even though not all men, but majority are!

Men find it difficult to remain faithful to one partner once they are sexually active, yes, yes! Even though not all men, but majority are like that.

Same way, women generally don't date down (meaning women don't fancy dating or marrying a guy they are richer than except they are left with no other option)...and when they marry a man they are fending for financially, it becomes an issue, it won't take long they lose respect for him or minimize their respect for him, and reason majority of men don't like dating or marrying a lady richer than them.

And that's y in Nigeria especially, the more money, fame and wealth a single lady acquires, the more difficult it will be for her to find a deserving husband except she proves beyond every doubt that she's gonna be submissive, else no same man in his right senses would marry such a lady cos men crave for respect so much.
Sugar Coat?? Far be it frm me sweery, I aint sugarcoating nuffin, just telling u every effect hs a cause

True Most Nigerian women don't respect a man they are richer than buh that's because Most Nigerian Men don't respect d Women they are wit, they blive ooh its just d money, Dey go out cheat smtimes openly wit no remorse n tell u Men will b Men, sm don't do that of course, they giv no ear to d woman's opinions or inputs they generally do not respect d woman they are with like u, they blive money is everything n once u throw money to her side, all is well! Buh we women do we complain far be it frm us, Women hv a high threshold for bearing things, I mean its been hammerd into our heads since d tym of our ancestors dt it is so n any reasonable human being must always respect a person who is d source of his or her livelyhood or who makes it better or atleast pretend to do so... So Men re lured into d blive dt dia money gets dem respect, technically it does, I'm just telling u its nt true respect, Only respect begets true respect, so wen d scale tips in favour of d woman financially, obviously she doesn't hv to kip pretending to get wat she wants she mks it plain dt her voice must be hrd, she must tell u in uncoated words jst hw insulting it is for u to do certain things n imagine u'll get away wit it because u re d man, because men hv fragile Egos, dey do not hv unlimited capacity to receive harsh words/Insults/belittling situations as women do, they havnt been groomed for it for years, wat they considered the source of their control over d woman is gone they begin to shout nw she is earning more n she no longer hs respect over me... Wen d two situations re compared u'll see d man havnt even receivd half of d so-called insults d woman receivd wen it ws d other way round

IF u believe ur financial status will gain u respect pls do carry on cos it will most of the times(Nigerians re money-hungry generally) buh please pray to God to keep ur wife below ur financial levels always, Or u could treat D Woman in ur life wit d kind of respect u wish to b treated wit nt take her for granted n u hv nuffin to worry abt even if d terms change tomorrow. D truth is many guys choose d former cos it is easier to do than d latter.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Chomzy19: Sugar Coat?? Far be it frm me sweery, I aint sugarcoating nuffin, just telling u every effect hs a cause

True Most Nigerian women don't respect a man they are richer than buh that's because Most Nigerian Men don't respect d Women they are wit, they blive ooh its just d money, Dey go out cheat smtimes openly wit no remorse n tell u Men will b Men, sm don't do that of course, they giv no ear to d woman's opinions or inputs they generally do not respect d woman they are with like u, they blive money is everything n once u throw money to her side, all is well! Buh we women do we complain far be it frm us, Women hv a high threshold for bearing things, I mean its been hammerd into our heads since d tym of our ancestors dt it is so n any reasonable human being must always respect a person who is d source of his or her livelyhood or who makes it better or atleast pretend to do so... So Men re lured into d blive dt dia money gets dem respect, technically it does, I'm just telling u its nt true respect, Only respect begets true respect, so wen d scale tips in favour of d woman financially, obviously she doesn't hv to kip pretending to get wat she wants she mks it plain dt her voice must be hrd, she must tell u in uncoated words jst hw insulting it is for u to do certain things n imagine u'll get away wit it because u re d man, because men hv fragile Egos, dey do not hv unlimited capacity to receive harsh words/Insults/belittling situations as women do, they havnt been groomed for it for years, wat they considered the source of their control over d woman is gone they begin to shout nw she is earning more n she no longer hs respect over me... Wen d two situations re compared u'll see d man havnt even receivd half of d so-called insults d woman receivd wen it ws d other way round

IF u believe ur financial status will gain u respect pls do carry on cos it will most of the times(Nigerians re money-hungry generally) buh please pray to God to keep ur wife below ur financial levels always, Or u could treat D Woman in ur life wit d kind of respect u wish to b treated wit nt take her for granted n u hv nuffin to worry abt even if d terms change tomorrow. D truth is many guys choose d former cos it is easier to do than d latter.
Chomzy, honestly I fancy ur way of argument here...very realistic. You sound real now...and that's y I said I pray to be on top of my game financially than my wife. If she is gonna be a minister, I pray God makes me a president for sanity to remain.

I don't blame a woman who doesn't respect her husband becos she is the breadwinner. No sane man will maltreat his wife cos he has money than her and provides for the family financially and u know y Becos it is his natural duty that he's doing. But when he fails to do that and the woman takes over, I don't expect her to remain that humble and submissive when she's the breadwinner. It takes d special grace and fear of God for a woman to do that in Nigeria.

From the marriage example we read about in the Holy Bible, the man was the provider and head. The man never asked the woman to bring 50% so that he will bring 50% and that was y the woman respected and submitted to him.

But the western man in an effort to use women to sell his brands, products and for political reasons came and brainwashed women into believing that they were being mistreated. That they need to be splitting responsibilities with their husbands.

The woman goes to trim the flowers, and then expect her hubby to water the plants. She fries egg and then expect her hubby to serve the tea to ensure evrything is 50-50 and they call it marriage

Marriage is never a business partnership where each partner contributes according to the deed of partnership.

God who created marriage assigned roles to the man and woman based on their natural build.

But man has destroyed that God's template and what do we have today? Unhappy marriages here and there, divorce and broken homes despite the academic, technological and scientific breakthroughs.

Honestly, anyone that wants a happy marriage should practice the type narrated in the Bible.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
DN shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Seun needs to create an entire section for ur epistles! Chai! Ur hand no dey pain u?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Error2
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Cute points but still my dear, women, or will I say black women can hardly respect a man they are feeding or more financially buoyant than, its a fact that we witness everyday. Let's not come here to sugar words...we all know the truth. Men are polygamous in nature, yes! Yes! Even though not all men, but majority are!

Bros you are right and I don't deny it. Nigerian women generally marry up and that is true, because just like everyone else, being poor in Nigeria can be very hard so everyone wants to escape poverty. And of cos greed is part of it. I get your point about women losing respect for men they feed and that is true. But my point is that you should not be in competition with your wife. You should not have a mindset that says "I always have to earn more than my wife". You should hustle and work hard to be able to provide all the necessities and luxuries for your self and your family, so that you do not need your wife's money. Once you are able to do that, you should be content. Whether your wife makes more or less than you should not be what makes you a real man or less than a man. What determines your worth is how much you have done for yourself, not whether your wife is richer or not.

I will rather have a who has money and then disrespects me - at least I would know her true colours and decide whether or not to continue with the marriage. I prefer that than a woman who just respects me for my money and I never find out if she truly loves me or not. If a woman truly respects you, the money will not matter, trust me - she will still respect you if she has more and you are fulfilling your duties at home. Using money as a control tool never brings out the true essence of love in marriage. If I wanted a wife than I would always be richer than, I will marry a village girl and make her sit at home!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Omo,na 2things o. Its either u dont perform ur responsibilities as the husband or U just a weakling. For ur wife to act that way to U... U gotta be either of the 2.

but for me,me,me.. hmmm,I hate wife battering in all aspect but if my woman tries such in that situation u just explained, dont care mehn,I would beat her like a thief. I would beat her till thy Kingdom come. Omo,i go beat am till im tired of hitting her,no be say she go die o but mehn,God knows sha but i am very sure her beating would be worse than that of Judas wey snitch 4 Jesus.Im not exaggerating but might ask for a divorce for just that act.
This is Africa and where I come from,a man takes the lead while the woman follows and even if U have an objection,state ur reasons with manners and not like a foreign animal with that attitude.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by damiso(f): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nashville:

Bros you are right and I don't deny it. Nigerian women generally marry up and that is true, because just like everyone else, being poor in Nigeria can be very hard so everyone wants to escape poverty. And of cos greed is part of it. I get your point about women losing respect for men they feed and that is true. But my point is that you should not be in competition with your wife. You should not have a mindset that says "I always have to earn more than my wife". You should hustle and work hard to be able to provide all the necessities and luxuries for your self and your family, so that you do not need your wife's money. Once you are able to do that, you should be content. Whether your wife makes more or less than you should not be what makes you a real man or less than a man. What determines your worth is how much you have done for yourself, not whether your wife is richer or not.

I will rather have a who has money and then disrespects me - at least I would know her true colours and decide whether or not to continue with the marriage. I prefer that than a woman who just respects me for my money and I never find out if she truly loves me or not. If a woman truly respects you, the money will not matter, trust me - she will still respect you if she has more and you are fulfilling your duties at home. Using money as a control tool never brings out the true essence of love in marriage. If I wanted a wife than I would always be richer than, I will marry a village girl an make her sit at home!

I just had to log in to say Nashville God bless you.A woman who respects you irrespective of earning power respects you period.And vice versa.Respect should not necessarily be tied to earning power.But we naija people(if I may add be it in mars, pluto or Lagos) equate Earning Power or Finance =Respect.Typical (not all) Nigerian men even find it difficult to respect their wives if they pay the bills, its a talk now abi you fit scenario.
Like you wont pay bills if you are single? Cos I dont see how or what breadwiner has to do with slap?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by NobleG1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike: One unarguable reason?? Ok let me see. How about a few?

1) Men have higher IQ's than women. Fact.
2) Men have larger brains than women, even after controlling for body size. Fact.
3) Men are more aggressive than women. Fact
4) Men are physically stronger than women. Fact

Just to name a few.

Are you serious?
"1) Men have higher IQ's than women. Fact."
- Your comment is dumb. In fact, women have higher IQ than men. To read more click here.

"2) Men have larger brains than women, even after controlling for body size. Fact."
- Yes, men have slightly bigger brains. Does this mean they're smarter? No. A woman's brain is a bit more compact and complicated in setup. The closely compact neurons connections allow a woman's brain to work faster than a man's. To read more click here.

"3) Men are more aggressive than women. Fact"
- That men commit more acts of violence than women doesn't make men better than women!
Men are either genetically disposed to be aggressive or it could turn out that men and women both experience the same general feelings of aggression but culture and society have shaped our behaviors, leading to more men committing violent acts than women. But in the end, the numbers tell the story: Men are more violent, and it doesn't look good

"4) Men are physically stronger than women. Fact"
- On average, men are physically stronger than women because the average man is larger, more robust and has a greater proportion of muscle mass than the average women. Having longer limbs means you have a longer lever to exert force with, having larger muscle mass (controlled by testosterone) means there is more pushing force at the end of the lever. Men are generally more robust meaning their bone structure is larger than that of women, this is needed to cope with the extra forces exerted by the increased muscle. If the bones weren't thickened they would fracture more easily.
Women carry a greater proportion of body fat than men and have trimmed back on muscle tissue, it has been suggested that these are adaptions to make them more fit to carry babies to term and produce milk when food is scarce. Muscle tissue uses a lot of energy even at rest, getting rid of some muscle and replacing it with fat reserves would be a wise plan if food was hard to come by and you had the extra energy demands imposed by pregnancy and nursing. I use the phrase "on average" as clearly NOT all men are stronger than all women. Most men would struggle to out lift a female weightlifter for example. Interestingly on average women have a higher pain threshold than men and on average women commit suicide less than men. Thus giving the impression that the average woman is better able to cope with physical injury and stress than the average man.

By the way, I'm not a woman.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by jumzzy448: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2013
pickabeau1: this jumzy keeps it real... i like her style....she says it as it is

Lolllllll......i'm sure most of the people advising the op to report her to her parents will never take that shit from their wives. it's so amazing how everyone comes to nairaland to either claim saint or iron lady or mr no nonsense. I just dey watch.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 12:18am On Nov 14, 2013
DailyNews: Chomzy, honestly I fancy ur way of argument here...very realistic. You sound real now...and that's y I said I pray to be on top of my game financially than my wife. If she is gonna be a minister, I pray God makes me a president for sanity to remain.

I don't blame a woman who doesn't respect her husband becos she is the breadwinner. No sane man will maltreat his wife cos he has money than her and provides for the family financially and u know y Becos it is his natural duty that he's doing. But when he fails to do that and the woman takes over, I don't expect her to remain that humble and submissive when she's the breadwinner. It takes d special grace and fear of God for a woman to do that in Nigeria.

From the marriage example we read about in the Holy Bible, the man was the provider and head. The man never asked the woman to bring 50% so that he will bring 50% and that was y the woman respected and submitted to him.

But the western man in an effort to use women to sell his brands, products and for political reasons came and brainwashed women into believing that they were being mistreated. That they need to be splitting responsibilities with their husbands.

The woman goes to trim the flowers, and then expect her hubby to water the plants. She fries egg and then expect her hubby to serve the tea to ensure evrything is 50-50 and they call it marriage

Marriage is never a business partnership where each partner contributes according to the deed of partnership.

God who created marriage assigned roles to the man and woman based on their natural build.

But man has destroyed that God's template and what do we have today? Unhappy marriages here and there, divorce and broken homes despite the academic, technological and scientific breakthroughs.

Honestly, anyone that wants a happy marriage should practice the type narrated in the Bible.
I hope u know d type in d bible Abhors Adultery in its totality... Men usually forget dt part wen dey preach of D kind of marrg in d bible, they usually remember jst d part where d woman is supposd to b humble n submissive

I wasn't talking of maltreatment, I'm talking of respect, u can give ur wife all d good things dt money can buy n still nt respect her person. Many Nigerian do not feel women need to b respected as they do,Many do not even know what it means to respect a woman or hw they even go abt disrespecting their spouse they feel once d money is coming in its all good. If u practice d kind of Bible marrg u re advocating, do u see her household contributions as sth? Keeping d house n kids neat n tidy, prparing d meal do u see them as equal contributions lyk d one u re bringing to d table, or do u disregard it n luk down on it as no contribution or an inferior form of contribution, re u among those guys dt wil say her wrk is jst to sit at home n demand for dis n dat, she won't get off her lazy ass n contribute sth? D kind dt will go out to work find fresher more exciting working class ladies n decide to hv a taste, a change frm d routine boring housewife.

The first law on earth is d law of survival, everyone wants to cater for herself/himself n survive n even prosper, n as a mother after urself, d next individuals on ur mind are ur kids... How would u feel if u were asked to submit to smone, U just do watever d person says even wen they are in conflict wit ur personal convictions, wld u? But a woman will submit to her man but dt is if n only if d man has Shown irrevocable commitment to Doing wat is in her best interest, or d best interest of d family, her n her kids; When a man totally loves, cherishes, n respects his wife, n treats her like d person dt matters, She wil effortlessly n unknowingly enter into submission mode sef, she will cherish being submissive afterall watever u re doing u re doing for her n d kids, but wen she still feels lyk she's gat to survive on her own then d submission cannot apply, it is against human nature to submit to smone who doesn't totally hv ur best interest at hrt.

Whatever is happening now is nt d work of d western world, it is d work of Ancient men not all of them a few still treated their wives with love as was admonished by d bible, but most did "Maltreat" their Wives, yes maltreat, that was Y d struggle started, Since economic power ws d reason Y d women wld be beat up at home, concubines brought in n she'll b asked to just b humble n obey... Since lack of financial power ws d reason she won't b recognisd, n be treated anyhow, she decided to level d playing field, she hd to go out n make dt money n wen she mks it u fink she'll come back n still be submissive to u??

Men abused d Role n Power God gave them for centuries nay milleniums; dis is nt d work of westerners after all westerners brought dis christianity to us n they once fervently practiced d bible kind of marrg, D problem is dt Most Men love to take dt part of God's word dt said "wives be submissive to ur husbands" they always forget d part that says "Husband love n cherish ur wives" they go hand in hand one cannot work without d other
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by solelymade: 12:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Dat ya wife na ya OGA oo... Lol
Pls edit d topic to "how will react when ur OGA at home slaps you?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Chomzy19(f): 12:34am On Nov 14, 2013
@DN Woman honestly do not lyk to marry below them because Men hv fragile Egos n are uncomfortable wit a woman earning higher than they do, sth wch ordinarily means nothing if they are earning higher than u do, bcomes a major issue n disrespectful wen u are earning higher than they do, No reasonable person wants dt kinda husband dt will b touchy on every lil issue because he percieves it as disrespect.

Ur hussy u normally tell 'Abeg shushh I wan hear sth for Tele" n he replies "who u dey shussh if I brk ur head eeh" jokingly will nw see it as an insult(in at least 50% of men) N disrespect if are nw earning more n u try it... So 50% of all these so-called disrespect stories are jst insecurities dt come wit men earning lower than their wives does
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by kolidave: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2013
Una talk don dey too long ooo. Werrin sef... na novel una wan write? Make nobody write pass 3 lines again or I go provoke close dis thread.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by DECOtech(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.
Mehn! ...d babe match line! Unless say na she pay my "groomprice", de feed n house me, I will throw out all her belongings.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 2:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Noble.G:

Are you serious?
"1) Men have higher IQ's than women. Fact."
- Your comment is dumb. In fact, women have higher IQ than men. To read more click here.

That Men have higher IQ's than women has been known for a very long time. What is in dispute is what the IQ tests are measuring in general. In general differences are around 0.2-0.5 standard deviations in favor of Men. Also very large differences are found in favor of Men on tests that guage mathematical and abstract reasoning abilities.

Noble.G:

"2) Men have larger brains than women, even after controlling for body size. Fact."
- Yes, men have slightly bigger brains. Does this mean they're smarter? No. A woman's brain is a bit more compact and complicated in setup. The closely compact neurons connections allow a woman's brain to work faster than a man's. To read more click here.

First, Mens brains are larger than womens brains, even after accounting for the difference in body size. Then, as for your claims of women's brains being "more compact and complicated in setup", here is another interesting fact for you: Male brains contain on average 34% more synapses per cubic millimeter when compared to female brains. So much for your "more compact and complicated" claim.

Noble.G:

"3) Men are more aggressive than women. Fact"
- That men commit more acts of violence than women doesn't make men better than women!
Men are either genetically disposed to be aggressive or it could turn out that men and women both experience the same general feelings of aggression but culture and society have shaped our behaviors, leading to more men committing violent acts than women. But in the end, the numbers tell the story: Men are more violent, and it doesn't look good

Aggression is not equivalent to violence!!

Noble.G:

"4) Men are physically stronger than women. Fact"
- On average, men are physically stronger than women because the average man is larger, more robust and has a greater proportion of muscle mass than the average women. Having longer limbs means you have a longer lever to exert force with, having larger muscle mass (controlled by testosterone) means there is more pushing force at the end of the lever. Men are generally more robust meaning their bone structure is larger than that of women, this is needed to cope with the extra forces exerted by the increased muscle. If the bones weren't thickened they would fracture more easily.
Women carry a greater proportion of body fat than men and have trimmed back on muscle tissue, it has been suggested that these are adaptions to make them more fit to carry babies to term and produce milk when food is scarce. Muscle tissue uses a lot of energy even at rest, getting rid of some muscle and replacing it with fat reserves would be a wise plan if food was hard to come by and you had the extra energy demands imposed by pregnancy and nursing. I use the phrase "on average" as clearly NOT all men are stronger than all women. Most men would struggle to out lift a female weightlifter for example. Interestingly on average women have a higher pain threshold than men and on average women commit suicide less than men. Thus giving the impression that the average woman is better able to cope with physical injury and stress than the average man.

By the way, I'm not a woman.

Thus you agree that Men are physically stronger?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by PrinceNwokeji: 5:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Sometimes we injure ourselves with our hand, in dat suitatiin we let it go,give it time to heal and its over, ur wife is part of you, wen she is so angry and slaps u, just walk away, it dnt make u a coward, just let is go, still love and care for her like u always do for urself wen injured and tins will turn out beta. Have a happy home, from unmarried Prince Nwokeji.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

My Mother Wants To Remarry / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. / About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of Risk Of Travelling In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.